Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Mall > Series Discussion

Series Discussion Got a favorite Anime or Manga you'd like to talk about? Maybe a Light or Visual Novel you think is interesting? Bring it all here!

View Poll Results: Which chapter did you think was best this week?
Naruto 536 "Naruto Goes to War!" 8 42.11%
Bleach 445 "The Dark Beat" 9 47.37%
One Piece 622 "The Sun Pirates" 1 5.26%
3-Way Tie 1 5.26%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-21-2011, 01:08 PM   #1
deidara330
Mr. Serious

deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.
Default HST Chapter of the Week 13

Yep, lucky 13. Last week's chapters were pretty good, but this week's were quite good as well. Which was the best this week?

Last Week's Results:
1. Bleach 444 "The Rising" - 9 Votes
2. Naruto 535 "Iruka's Persuasion" - 7 Votes
3. One Piece 621 "Otohime and Tiger" - 1 Vote
4. 3-Way Tie - 0 Votes
deidara330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 03:42 PM   #2
Vatanui AKA Pride
has a farm...
WCA

Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: HST Chapter of the Week 13

This week was seriously tight. All chapters were great, so I'll say a three-way tie.

Also, isn't the new HST Naruto, Toriko, and One Piece?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Vatanui AKA Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 03:58 PM   #3
deidara330
Mr. Serious

deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vatanui AKA Pride View Post
This week was seriously tight. All chapters were great, so I'll say a three-way tie.

Also, isn't the new HST Naruto, Toriko, and One Piece?
Technically speaking, yes, but I don't follow Toriko (I don't even know what it's about) and the new HST has yet to establish among manga fans, at least on this website. Bleach is still popular here, so I'm disinclined to change it. Not to say it shouldn't be changed, but I simply like Bleach a lot, and that's probably the most likely reason I won't end up changing it. However, in its defense, Bleach has headed up the poll for the past three weeks. Removing it at its high point would defeat the spirit of the poll. In addition, Toriko appears to be at only chapter 117, so it would be less traditional to remove a long-standing series like Bleach, which is already hundreds behind the other two as it is.

No offense. Again, I'm probably just biased.
Old 04-21-2011, 04:02 PM   #4
Vatanui AKA Pride
has a farm...
WCA

Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

Awards Showcase

Just asking dude. To be honest, I don't even read Toriko. I've read a couple of the first chapters, but it just didn't connect to me.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 04-21-2011, 04:11 PM   #5
deidara330
Mr. Serious

Alright, cool. I read the crossover chapter, and from what I could tell it was quite a bit like One Piece, although presented differently. I might read it if it gets that popular, since that's (part of) how I ended up getting into Bleach.

I will add something new once Naruto ends. IMO it's got the lowest life expectancy of the current HST.
Old 04-21-2011, 04:20 PM   #6
Devroux

Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

This one's kind of tough. Kind of. Bleach still tops Naruto though.

I'd quit doing this if Toriko replaces Bleach... No joke. Just saying. ;P
χ Δ|✝ΣR

Devroux is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 04:26 PM   #7
deidara330
Mr. Serious

I personally put Naruto at the bottom and can't decide between Bleach or One Piece but am leaning towards Bleach due to my continual investment into it.

As long as Kubo's still aiming for that extra ten years, Bleach is never gonna get replaced. In fact, if any one of these manga ends, I'll probably just end the thread series and pick it back up when a new HST begins, if this forum even lasts that long.
Old 04-21-2011, 04:58 PM   #8
Vatanui AKA Pride
has a farm...
WCA

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by deidara330 View Post
Alright, cool. I read the crossover chapter, and from what I could tell it was quite a bit like One Piece, although presented differently. I might read it if it gets that popular, since that's (part of) how I ended up getting into Bleach.

I will add something new once Naruto ends. IMO it's got the lowest life expectancy of the current HST.
If Sanji was the protagonist of One Piece, then I suppose it would basically be it.

To be honest, I see both Bleach and One Piece making the next decade or so.

Old 04-21-2011, 05:07 PM   #9
Aizen Sosuke
Chunin

Aizen Sosuke saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

Bleach this week.

and yes Bleach and OP seem as if they can go another decade

Naruto Shippuden is awesome

No one has ever stood at the top,not you nor me nor the gods,but that unavoidable vaccancy will be removed i alone will stand at the top-Sosuke Aizen
Aizen Sosuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 05:15 PM   #10
deidara330
Mr. Serious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vatanui AKA Pride View Post
If Sanji was the protagonist of One Piece, then I suppose it would basically be it.

To be honest, I see both Bleach and One Piece making the next decade or so.
Hmmm. I can see that.

Despite the big differences between them, they can both last a long time considering only their format. One Piece has the potential to last long because the author can introduce a variety of new islands, species, DF and Haki users, and conflicts with new antagonists, and can do all of it while following the series' nine major protagonists. The Shichibukai and World Government's shadows hang over the Straw Hats on their adventures, but because of the things they encounter at each island, they mostly wait to see action until big battles, like Marineford. It really is leading up to a superb climax.

Bleach, meanwhile, has potential in abilities and characters. With each arc, a new ability is introduced, often one that was actually shown in the previous arc in some way. Along with that new ability comes a slew of new characters who have that ability, and with them comes how they handle their ability and what it is. Usually, the author makes it so the character's ability will actually tell you more about them. That itself has the potential to keep Bleach running a long time, particularly because it's set up so protagonists and antagonists of previous arcs can experience growth and obtain new abilities. This arc alone is going to last another half a year at absolute minimum considering all the Fullbrings Kubo has left to introduce and improve, as well as plot twists we know are coming without being able to see the form.
Old 04-21-2011, 05:47 PM   #11
Troll Master
Apprentice Genin

Troll Master saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

Long running anime series can get annoying though.

No continual series in general should last longer than 10-15.
Troll Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 07:16 AM   #12
tsuki
Special Jonin Candidate

tsuki has completed a tough C-rank mission!tsuki has completed a tough C-rank mission!

I really liked Naruto a lot, but I'm going with Bleach again.

B/W FC: 0948-1677-3569
tsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 07:33 AM   #13
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Bleach this week. Naruto was alright, but it wasn't quite up to Bleach.

And what is this about Toriko replacing Bleach? Stupid VIZ.
Shikamaru Nara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 07:47 AM   #14
deidara330
Mr. Serious

I'm a bit surprised. I thought One Piece would be second, not Naruto.
Old 04-25-2011, 02:34 PM   #15
Wind Style Naruto
Special Jonin Candidate

Wind Style Naruto has completed a tough C-rank mission!Wind Style Naruto has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru Nara View Post
Bleach this week. Naruto was alright, but it wasn't quite up to Bleach.

And what is this about Toriko replacing Bleach? Stupid VIZ.
Actually that wasnbn't Viz decision it was Shonen Jump's decision and they did it because Torikois currently getting more sales than Bleach and that Bleach sdales have made an huge decline to the point it can't be part of the HST anymore.

Its basically Devil May Cry(or Bayonetta) meets Dead or Alive meets Streets of Rage meets Street Fighter meets Power Stone meets Vanquish in gameplay but in essence its DragonBall Z meets One Piece meets Berserk meets Naruto.

Here is the thread:

Wind Style Naruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 01:08 PM   #16
HachibiXSenpai
Special Jonin Candidate

HachibiXSenpai saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

definatly naruto

EDIT: srry, didn't mean to bash

(Currently playing Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations)
Psn ID: Fullmatrix09 - ADD ME AND FIGHT.

Last edited by HachibiXSenpai; 04-26-2011 at 04:00 PM.
HachibiXSenpai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 03:18 PM   #17
Wind Style Naruto
Special Jonin Candidate

Wind Style Naruto has completed a tough C-rank mission!Wind Style Naruto has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HachibiXSenpai View Post
definatly naruto, bleach was boring no offense, and i don't like the one piece manga at all so sorry.
Damn it Hachibi why did you had to say that!!??

Its basically Devil May Cry(or Bayonetta) meets Dead or Alive meets Streets of Rage meets Street Fighter meets Power Stone meets Vanquish in gameplay but in essence its DragonBall Z meets One Piece meets Berserk meets Naruto.

Here is the thread:

Wind Style Naruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 08:41 PM   #18
Aizen Sosuke
Chunin

Aizen Sosuke saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

lol that was something you shouldn't say hachibi

Naruto Shippuden is awesome

No one has ever stood at the top,not you nor me nor the gods,but that unavoidable vaccancy will be removed i alone will stand at the top-Sosuke Aizen
Aizen Sosuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 09:30 PM   #19
Taker369
Has Surpassed Outdoor Activities
Coca Cola Disciple

Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

Awards Showcase

no no he has the right to his opinon maybe he thought it was boring i thought naruto was boring but thats just me and my opinon

Spoiler:
Tifa Legacy is now in my sig =3

YouTube:
src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">
Taker369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 12:58 PM   #20
deidara330
Mr. Serious

Hachibi has a right to express his opinion. IMO, there's nothing he said that he shouldn't have.

@HachibiXSenpai: See above. The only thing I don't understand is why you would call this chapter of Bleach boring. I mean, if you had said any chapter earlier than the previous one was boring, I could understand, but this chapter and the previous chapter moved the story at a pace faster than it has moved in a while.

Tags
bleach, hst, hst chapter of the week, naruto, one piece, poll