Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Cutting Edge > Debate Forum

Debate Forum Debate interesting non-Naruto topics. All forum rules apply.

Old 04-20-2011, 10:06 AM   #21
Bacon

Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: So, I live pretty close to Westboro Baptist Church.

Christianity is the wiki of the religious world.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

12:11 PM So you enter the debate with full knowledge that you know nothing of worth on the subject, and then state you will not make an effort to learn. Way to be poster-boy for blight of the forum. Leave discussions of intelligence to those that have it.

Click the dratini for anime rants
Bacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 10:09 AM   #22
sasu_girl
Lovely Girl :3
Special Jonin Candidate

sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

the crazies.... >.>

~*~*~*슈퍼주니어*~*~*~
sasu_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 01:25 PM   #23
Sorrende
Freshmen Academy Student

Sorrende is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

They give religion a bad name. And seriously, showing up at a funeral with insulting signs for somebody who died for their country is gratuitously stupid and hurl-worthy.

Not to mention, nobody but God itself is entitled to send people to Hell. Contending to know what an entity that is beyond human comprehension wants is the greatest display of vanity a human being could muster. And, as far as I know, vanity is a guaranteed ticket to Hell...
Sorrende is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 01:34 PM   #24
<Aurega?>
Because having a blank username couldn't possibly be any more annoying

<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Didn't this church run a publicity stunt with anonymous and got pwned hard on a live radio show?
<Aurega?> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 02:38 PM   #25
Vornmusion
Smooth as Sandpaper
Sage of Lemonade
CB Murder Bros & Co.
Urthalre Di Wer Kepesk

Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.
Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.

Yep. After taunting Anon and all their other crap, Anon attacked their site and took it over right then and there while they were still having the discussion.

I watched the video of the discussion, the lady (speaker for WBC) had this troll face smile the entire time she was on. Was creepy.
Vornmusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 06:06 PM   #26
Merechan
Chunin Exam Participant

Merechan is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Merechan is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Merechan is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Merechan is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Merechan is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

I think they're completely ridiculous. They say they live by the bible and anyone who doesn't is wrong, and yet there are parts of it they don't even pay attention to anymore. (Treating your body like a temple? Women are inferior to men? Making sacrifices?) Besides, the bible was written hundreds of years after these events happened. The men who put it together left things out, edited some things, and made up some new things depended on what they saw fitting.
And also, God doesn't hate anyone. Isn't the basis of Christianity unconditional love? God loves all his children and whatnot. I can understand that they believe those people are sinning, but isn't it true that God loves sinners as well? Hate the sin, love the sinner.
And one more thing: If God doesn't approve of homosexuals, why do they exist in the first place? Doesn't he create everyone? Why would he make someone like that just to see them suffer? It just doesn't make sense.
My mother has always told me that she believed in God, but the bible is a load of bullcrap. She also told me that these bible-thumpers were ridiculous and didn't know what they were talking about.
As for me, even when I was a Christian I criticized the bible often. Now I'm Agnostic though.

▲ ▲

hufflepuff

Merechan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 08:21 PM   #27
LoneTophat
Ninja Academy Student

LoneTophat is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

As we all should know by now, their websites need to die. That's why you should all join a hacker group like I did and DDoS their servers until they cry.
LoneTophat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 11:45 AM   #28
Kreegah!!!
Special Jonin Candidate

Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merechan View Post
I think they're completely ridiculous. They are. They say they live by the bible and anyone who doesn't is wrong, and yet there are parts of it they don't even pay attention to anymore. They don't live by it, so they are hypocritical. (Treating your body like a temple? Aye, still in play. Women are inferior to men? LOL, no, never is that said in there; otherwise Deborah would be in serious trouble. Making sacrifices? Why would that still be needed? Is that not what Christ fulfilled? The everlasting sacrifice?) Besides, the bible was written hundreds of years after these events happened. Which events? And it was not written all at once, either. The men who put it together left things out, edited some things, and made up some new things depended on what they saw fitting. Hard to prove or disprove; neither of us was there then, were we? And even when there are conflicting accounts from other peoples regarding certain events, how can we be certain who was right based only on words??
And also, God doesn't hate anyone. I guess you missed that bit about Him saying He hated Esau. Doesn't get any more blatant. Isn't the basis of Christianity unconditional love? Not at all. It's about leaving behind all the worthless worldly crap and turning back to God. God loves all his children and whatnot. God doesn't want anyone to perish, but to have everlasting life. Doesn't say He loves everyone; only those He's given the right to call themselves the children of God. And you don't possess that right if you aren't following Christ's example. I can understand that they believe those people are sinning, but isn't it true that God loves sinners as well? Hate the sin, love the sinner. They are sinning by donning the garb of self-righteousness. And loving the sinner doesn't mean empathizing and empowering him.

And one more thing: If God doesn't approve of homosexuals, why do they exist in the first place? He hates homosexuality, not homosexuals. Doesn't he create everyone? Yes, but He doesn't program us. Why would he make someone like that just to see them suffer? Most people are suffering because of themselves or other people. I think you meant to ask: Why does He allow suffering? Because He hopes we'd have the sense to rely on Him for help, but we'd rather curse and cry and be bitter. It just doesn't make sense. Sense is underused, so that's hard to qualify.

My mother has always told me that she believed in God, but the bible is a load of bullcrap. And your mother is never wrong?? Why is her opinion relevant? She also told me that these bible-thumpers were ridiculous and didn't know what they were talking about. She's right, here.

As for me, even when I was a Christian I criticized the bible often. Can't see how you could be a Christian then, since you criticize the Christian's very beliefs. Now I'm Agnostic though. In other words, you were always one, just took you time to realize it? By the way, agnostic is Greek for "ignoramus".
Yellow.

Kreegah!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 01:00 PM   #29
LoneTophat
Ninja Academy Student

LoneTophat is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreegah! View Post
Yellow.

So you're against gays?
LoneTophat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 01:19 PM   #30
Invisible Fog
Veteran Chunin

Invisible Fog is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vornmusion View Post
Yep. After taunting Anon and all their other crap, Anon attacked their site and took it over right then and there while they were still having the discussion.

I watched the video of the discussion, the lady (speaker for WBC) had this troll face smile the entire time she was on. Was creepy.
OMG link please. I need the lolz.
Old 04-26-2011, 02:32 PM   #31
Kreegah!!!
Special Jonin Candidate

Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneTophat View Post
So you're against gays?
I'm against anyone so outspoken about a subject they've so little knowledge in. Being against sinners would be being against myself. That's where the Love your neighbor commands come into play. We're to support each other, not in embracing our failings, but in overcoming them. Man, if I hated gays and thieves and whiners (actually, no, I really, really hate whiners) and delinquents and general impishness I'd have no friends. And I'd have to kill myself, because I'm just as screwed up as anyone else, yes?

Also, how could I count Nick as a friend if I hated anyone who's so much as thought of bumming another dude? That would be hard to explain.
Kreegah!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 02:39 PM   #32
junchurikioftheleaf
Lonely Murkrow

junchurikioftheleaf finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.junchurikioftheleaf finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.junchurikioftheleaf finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.junchurikioftheleaf finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.junchurikioftheleaf finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.junchurikioftheleaf finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.junchurikioftheleaf finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.junchurikioftheleaf finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Awards Showcase

looks like anonymous is doing more then just dropping sony on it's behind
espada #0 of the escudo arrancar
I am the wayward espada, the embodiment of madness

Quote:
You sound Like a child.

And you're calling Jun an amateur? JUN of all people? The Jun who could possibly solo everyone? and YES,he can destroy you
for once someone gets it right
junchurikioftheleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 08:45 PM   #33
MrMixelPixel
Freshmen Academy Student

MrMixelPixel is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via MSN to MrMixelPixel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jutsu Junkie View Post
Hate, even with outlandish excuses, doesn't require religion at all. It only requires humans.
^Quotable.

To reword what was said...

Religion is rarely evil,hateful, etc. It can be used for those purposes though. It all comes down to people and much we suck.

^ not helping the cause... but proves my point.
MrMixelPixel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 10:03 PM   #34
TucanaTheToucan
Special Jonin Candidate

TucanaTheToucan saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

These people need to be listed as a terrorist group!
They show that you don't need weapons to terrorize someone!

I love Kakashi Hatake!
TucanaTheToucan is offline   Reply With Quote