Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Leaf Village Council > Forum Feedback & Issues

Forum Feedback & Issues Having problems using the forums or site? Maybe you have some feedback about the site you'd like to share? Post it here.

View Poll Results: Which option do you support?
Rep Reset 21 39.62%
Post Reset 0 0%
Rep Reset & Post Reset 8 15.09%
Neither 24 45.28%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-19-2011, 01:09 AM   #81
king kakashi
Special Jonin Candidate

king kakashi is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.king kakashi is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.king kakashi is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.king kakashi is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Default Re: Rep Reset/Post Reset

i vote niether why reset what everyones worked hard to earn

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
king kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 10:46 AM   #82
Kreegah!!!
Special Jonin Candidate

Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by king kakashi View Post
This is the biggest issue. Positive reputation isn't something you earn by trying anymore than a room full of laughs "earned" by trying to be funny. If you're posting here with the expressed hope of receiving rep, you're doing it wrong. Also, you're showing the world the extent of your patheticness. Rep wasn't meant to be useless, but it wasn't meant to be a matter of pride either. You haven't cured cancer with 600 Rep, you haven't saved a newborn's freshly-powdered bum from a house-fire, you've just made a post. A post that likely hasn't changed lives. While reputation points were to reflect the dependability of any users so repped, the responsibility to actually dole out reputation is on the side of everyone else. I would have to deem your post worthy of my one of my precious few daily allotments of rep-granting. But you didn't earn it because to earn something, you must actively pursue your cause.

A lot of people think they can earn respect too. Morons. They have it backwards. People "deserving" of a solid reputation--of respect--are those who unconsciously pursue a path free of dross and BS and supply their aid where and when needed; yet must also consciously refrain from (in an applicable instance) posting useless spam or needlessly snapping at people. They are those who do not repeat themselves time after time in order to puff up their own importance and say "Look at me! I've helped 20 new guys even though I essentially c&p'd every post of mine and may or may not have imitated the original helper who came before."

You know, to shorten an otherwise way-too-lengthy rant: if you're looking for attention, you aren't deserving of positive rep.

I can (barely) understand people being upset with the reset if they were to lose their rep comments, too. Some of those are too funny or heartfelt to want to see them go, but... deal with it. They get overwritten as you "earn" more rep, and rep comments shouldn't be the focus of your stay here anyway; if it is, you need to leave, because this forum can't offer you anything.

Now, if you've come this far, yes I know how silly all this sounds coming from me, the Rep Wrangler. But much like you're mother telling you not to go screw everyone you see and take so many drugs before you're 18 that Lohan ends up looking like only a mild tramp but you say to her that she don't know you and you'll be fine until you pop out 6 AIDS-babies before you're 17, you should just accept what I'm saying because I have the experience to know you're being a dumbass.

And I'm being nice enough to spare you that horror, should you heed the call.
Kreegah!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 10:58 AM   #83
Nick Tasogare
Special Jonin Candidate

Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nick Tasogare

NOOOO MAI REPS I WERKED HARD FOR DEM!!!!!!!!!!!!

What exactly did you do for them? You posted. Wooooooow all that hard work.

Can Herr SRhyse and Frau Muffintop please remove my staff "powers"? The Mod Rules are a joke and everybody knows it lol I don't follow that last rule well enough, and I don't want to endanger the Communist Rule of the People's Republic of NDF. Thanks.

/Heil

Oh wait, now there's drama so I just have to watch this all blow up.
Nick Tasogare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 01:34 PM   #84
king kakashi
Special Jonin Candidate

king kakashi is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.king kakashi is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.king kakashi is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.king kakashi is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreegah! View Post
This is the biggest issue. Positive reputation isn't something you earn by trying anymore than a room full of laughs "earned" by trying to be funny. If you're posting here with the expressed hope of receiving rep, you're doing it wrong. Also, you're showing the world the extent of your patheticness. Rep wasn't meant to be useless, but it wasn't meant to be a matter of pride either. You haven't cured cancer with 600 Rep, you haven't saved a newborn's freshly-powdered bum from a house-fire, you've just made a post. A post that likely hasn't changed lives. While reputation points were to reflect the dependability of any users so repped, the responsibility to actually dole out reputation is on the side of everyone else. I would have to deem your post worthy of my one of my precious few daily allotments of rep-granting. But you didn't earn it because to earn something, you must actively pursue your cause.

A lot of people think they can earn respect too. Morons. They have it backwards. People "deserving" of a solid reputation--of respect--are those who unconsciously pursue a path free of dross and BS and supply their aid where and when needed; yet must also consciously refrain from (in an applicable instance) posting useless spam or needlessly snapping at people. They are those who do not repeat themselves time after time in order to puff up their own importance and say "Look at me! I've helped 20 new guys even though I essentially c&p'd every post of mine and may or may not have imitated the original helper who came before."

You know, to shorten an otherwise way-too-lengthy rant: if you're looking for attention, you aren't deserving of positive rep.

I can (barely) understand people being upset with the reset if they were to lose their rep comments, too. Some of those are too funny or heartfelt to want to see them go, but... deal with it. They get overwritten as you "earn" more rep, and rep comments shouldn't be the focus of your stay here anyway; if it is, you need to leave, because this forum can't offer you anything.

Now, if you've come this far, yes I know how silly all this sounds coming from me, the Rep Wrangler. But much like you're mother telling you not to go screw everyone you see and take so many drugs before you're 18 that Lohan ends up looking like only a mild tramp but you say to her that she don't know you and you'll be fine until you pop out 6 AIDS-babies before you're 17, you should just accept what I'm saying because I have the experience to know you're being a dumbass.

i was talking about posts i don't care about rep

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-19-2011, 04:01 PM   #85
Vornmusion
Smooth as Sandpaper
Sage of Lemonade
CB Murder Bros & Co.
Urthalre Di Wer Kepesk

Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.
Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreegah! View Post

That was beautiful.

Quote:
Right...
Quote:
Vornmusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 04:21 PM   #86
Bacon

Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

I threw up reading Kreggah's post, 2 mch 4 bra1n

Quote:

12:11 PM So you enter the debate with full knowledge that you know nothing of worth on the subject, and then state you will not make an effort to learn. Way to be poster-boy for blight of the forum. Leave discussions of intelligence to those that have it.

Click the dratini for anime rants
Bacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 04:28 PM   #87
deidara330
Mr. Serious

deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Quote:
Quote:
Why, of course there's no contradiction here.
deidara330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 07:04 AM   #88
king kakashi
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by deidara330 View Post
Why, of course there's no contradiction here.
ooooooo of course not you don't work for rep not to mention if you reset rep nothing happens you reset posts everyone has to post 300 more times just to get pics inside thier siggy besides if they reset rep no one can rep if no one can rep why even have rep

Old 04-20-2011, 12:04 PM   #89
Kreegah!!!
Special Jonin Candidate

Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
I threw up reading Kreggah's post, 2 mch 4 bra1n
Quote:
ooooooo of course not you don't work for rep not to mention if you reset rep nothing happens you reset posts everyone has to post 300 more times just to get pics inside thier siggy besides if they reset rep no one can rep if no one can rep why even have rep
I understand now, Bacon. I'm so sorry.
Kreegah!!! is offline   Reply With Quote