Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Naruto Discussion Forum > Naruto Manga Discussion

Naruto Manga Discussion All the latest discussions about the Naruto manga (beware, spoilers abound).

Old 04-09-2011, 10:18 PM   #1
Vivi
Little Miss Spoiler
Formerly V-Valentine
Jonin

Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Default I think I figured out Itachi's Gift.

Starting simple:

When Itachi and Naruto talked they're convo was about Sasuke.
Add in:
Itachi is hoping that this "Gift" won't have to be used.

Easy to deduct:
This Gift isn't undangerous.It'll cause harm if used.
Since the Convo was about Sasuke we can be sure it was meant for him.

Now to te next step:
Itachi of all People should know best what happens when Sasuke "defeats" him.
He'll obtain the MS.

BUT:
Along with the Amaterasu trigger that activated when he saw Tobi's Eye.

Talking about Tobi:
Him and Itachi met and both know the Truth of the Massacre.
Itachi hoped Ammy would kill Tobi to stop him from talking.

Someone of Itachi's Calibre would have known Tobi would tell Sasuke.
AND that Sasuke has only 2 options.
Forgive Konoha or go after it.

This is where Itachi comes in.
He is bound to have calculated that much.
Or who else would sit around knowing your own village killed your Clan?

Back to the Gift:
It's a Safety Measure.

As said Sasuke has 2 options forgive or hate.
He chose Hate and is after Konoha.

Since Itachi knows Sasuke will have MS and thus is not only a threat for Konoha for siding with Madara he gave a gift to the person who is bound to meet Sasuke at some point.
Naruto.
In Death there is only one way for Itachi to stop Sasuke.
That Gift.
And what will it stop?
Most definitely a Power of Sasuke.
Calling it now:
Itachi planned to seal Sasuke's Eyes.
Or at least Sharingan.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jessie>Tifa and Aeris.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Vivi; 04-09-2011 at 10:25 PM.
Vivi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 10:24 PM   #2
Kyo Yasanagi
Special Jonin Candidate

Kyo Yasanagi is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Kyo Yasanagi is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Kyo Yasanagi is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Kyo Yasanagi is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Kyo Yasanagi is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Kyo Yasanagi is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Kyo Yasanagi is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Kyo Yasanagi is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Kyo Yasanagi is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Kyo Yasanagi is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Kyo Yasanagi is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.
Default Re: I think I figured out Itachi's Gift.

smart

For those who dont know IM AM MALE NOT FEMALE

Vermillion rage 7 is who i b, jus with a different identity

Storm 3 Best
1:Konan
2:Yagura
3:Kabuto

I'll be gone for awhile sadly
I dont know when I'll return
Kyo Yasanagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 10:33 PM   #3
White_fang
Apprentice Genin

White_fang is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

or maybe a second form of him kind of what minato had done for naruto but this form is actually able to fight?
White_fang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 10:33 PM   #4
JazzJunkie4
Veteran Chunin

JazzJunkie4 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.JazzJunkie4 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.JazzJunkie4 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.JazzJunkie4 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

The main problem I have with this theory goes back to how the conversation between naruto and sasuke actually went down. Naruto said he would stop sasuke without killing him which was satisfying to itachi. So if sasuke's eye's got sealed because of itachi it would piss him off to even greater heights. You are right when you say that his gift is a safety measure to the 2 options sasuke had, but keep in mind itachi didn't give naruto the gift because he said he would kill sasuke he gave it to him because he wanted to save him (of course we don't know for sure how dependent the gift was upon naruto's answer, but knowing kishi I would say it was entirely...). Now you could argue that it was because naruto didn't want to kill sasuke that itachi gave naruto the gift, but at the same time naruto really wasn't strong at all so it would only make sense to me that it tied in with naruto's bond with sasuke rather than his strength.

In any case I am not entirely sure what you mean by itachi planned to have sasuke's eye's sealed so could you clarify how the gift he gave naruto would do that? would it be like when his ameterasu activated?

Last edited by JazzJunkie4; 04-09-2011 at 10:37 PM. Reason: bad typo
JazzJunkie4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 10:39 PM   #5
Shika
Special Jonin Candidate

Shika is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Shika is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Shika is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Shika is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzJunkie4 View Post
So if sasuke's eye's got sealed because of itachi it would piss him off to even greater heights. You are right when you say that his gift is a safety measure to the 2 options sasuke had, but keep in mind itachi didn't give naruto the gift because he said he would kill sasuke he gave it to him because he wanted to save him
Sealing his eyes and having Naruto beat him wouldn't result in killing Sasuke. Sealing away his eyes would acually make the battle less harmful to Sasuke because Naruto would be able to defeat him very easily. Therefore, Naruto wouldnt need to use such hardcore jutsu.

Unless I misunderstood what you meant.

Fate fell short this time
Your smile fades in the summer
Place your hand in mine
I'll leave when I wanna.
Shika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 10:42 PM   #6
Vivi
Little Miss Spoiler
Formerly V-Valentine
Jonin

Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
The main problem I have with this theory goes back to how the conversation between naruto and sasuke actually went down. Naruto said he would stop sasuke without killing him which was satisfying to itachi.

So if sasuke's eye's got sealed because of itachi it would piss him off to even greater heights.

In any case I am not entirely sure what you mean by itachi planned to have sasuke's eye's sealed so could you clarify how the gift he gave naruto would do that?
If anything it would help Naruto in doing so.
Naruto won't have to kill Sasuke yet he is still stopped.

And that matters how?
As Itachi said he hopes he won't have to use it.
Pissing him off would be the last problem as long as he's restrained and off from Konoha and worse.

When they clash with Sasuke is having Sharingan activated.
And before you ask:
Sasuke had no Sharingan on when attacking Naruto.
A Trigger that activates the same as with Tobi.
Sasuke's Ammy triggered when seeing Tobi's Sharingan.
Itachi's Gift will trigger the same way.
Though on what it will look like is impossible to say.

Jessie>Tifa and Aeris.
Old 04-09-2011, 10:44 PM   #7
JazzJunkie4
Veteran Chunin

JazzJunkie4 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.JazzJunkie4 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.JazzJunkie4 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.JazzJunkie4 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shika View Post
Sealing his eyes and having Naruto beat him wouldn't result in killing Sasuke. Sealing away his eyes would acually make the battle less harmful to Sasuke because Naruto would be able to defeat him very easily. Therefore, Naruto wouldnt need to use such hardcore jutsu.

Unless I misunderstood what you meant.
Actually it would. If naruto beat sasuke like that, then what? It would not make him good again, he would either be executed for his crimes or go become a second, more evil, madara. Like I said, if the gift does seal his eyes like ameterasu not only would we have a really really stupid fight but sasuke would be lost. He is nothing but hate without his strength.
Old 04-09-2011, 10:50 PM   #8
Vivi
Little Miss Spoiler
Formerly V-Valentine
Jonin

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Actually it would. If naruto beat sasuke like that, then what? It would not make him good again,
he would either be executed for his crimes or go become a second, more evil, madara.

Like I said, if the gift does seal his eyes like ameterasu not only would we have a really really stupid fight but sasuke would be lost. He is nothing but hate without his strength.
Main Point is that Sasuke get's stopped without killing him.

There is no turning back for Sasuke.That's a known Fact.
He cannot turn good at this point as everyone is already out for his Head.

I believe Itachi knows that.
Though as said there is no turning back from him.

Itachi can only stop him nothing more.
A Miraclous change of Heart?
Doesn't change the fact he will still be hunted down.
No matter how you look at it Sasuke cannot return nor can Itachi do anything unless EVERYONE in the Ninjaworld all of a sudden forgives him, which in no way will happen.
Unless Itachi's Gift is a Love Message to the entire World which is nonsense.

Jessie>Tifa and Aeris.
Old 04-09-2011, 10:54 PM   #9
JazzJunkie4
Veteran Chunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivi View Post
If anything it would help Naruto in doing so.
Naruto won't have to kill Sasuke yet he is still stopped.
But we would get a really lame fight. This is the most built up fight in the series and if sasuke's new power is gone then that would just destroy the sasupense of the entire fight

And that matters how?
As Itachi said he hopes he won't have to use it.
Pissing him off would be the last problem as long as he's restrained and off from Konoha and worse.
Like I said, it was because itachi gave the gift upon hearing naruto's answer. Itachi wanted the best for sasuke given the situation, as I said in a previous reply if sasuke loses without becoming good again then he either dies for his crimes or goes into exile becoming a second madara and trying to destroy konoha in his sea of hate. So in that case it would actually probably be more merciful just to kill him in my opinion.

When they clash with Sasuke is having Sharingan activated.
And before you ask:
Sasuke had no Sharingan on when attacking Naruto.
A Trigger that activates the same as with Tobi.
Sasuke's Ammy triggered when seeing Tobi's Sharingan.
Itachi's Gift will trigger the same way.
Though on what it will look like is impossible to say.
Or maybe considering it was most likely that sasuke would get itachi's eye's in this case that it would just activate upon seeing EMS rather than MS because if sasuke DID become good after killing itachi and naruto and sasuke were fighting or on a mission naruto could seal sasuke's MS which would be a total fail. So I think it would be more logical to say this theorized power would occur upond seeing his EMS not MS.
Bold

I think that's everything.
Old 04-09-2011, 11:04 PM   #10
JazzJunkie4
Veteran Chunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivi View Post
Main Point is that Sasuke get's stopped without killing him.

There is no turning back for Sasuke.That's a known Fact.
He cannot turn good at this point as everyone is already out for his Head.

I believe Itachi knows that.
Though as said there is no turning back from him.

Itachi can only stop him nothing more.
A Miraclous change of Heart?
Doesn't change the fact he will still be hunted down.
No matter how you look at it Sasuke cannot return nor can Itachi do anything unless EVERYONE in the Ninjaworld all of a sudden forgives him, which in no way will happen.
Unless Itachi's Gift is a Love Message to the entire World which is nonsense.
Well I guess you could say it doesn't matter whether naruto makes him good or not in the context of what he said, but then agian what would be the point of stopping him without killing him if he is just going to die right after anyways. This would suggest naruto's answer didn't matter because if he said that he would kill him rather than what he said itachi would have given him whatever anyways because killing him or not the outcome would be the same.
Old 04-09-2011, 11:10 PM   #11
zerosameri

zerosameri just might be Kage someday.
zerosameri just might be Kage someday.zerosameri just might be Kage someday.zerosameri just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

I was thinking of this as a possibility, but I blew it off because I didn't think Kishi would do this. But, I do have a question. How would Naruto do that? Use the gift to seal Sasuke eyes?

zerosameri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 06:18 AM   #12
Ultimate combatant
Special Jonin Candidate

Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Sasuke without Sharingan has nothing to fight against Naruto.

The two meet when Sasuke tries to activate Sharingan, but fails and is easily defeated by Naruto.

The fight would probably be lame. Sasuke would easily get pawned by Naruto. Well actually, that would be quite a great fight to see. Naruto totally outmatching Sasuke!!!
Ultimate combatant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 06:37 AM   #13
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

I like your thinking.

http://naruto.viz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=95286
Definitely has to do with MS
Shikamaru Nara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 09:43 AM   #14
Parak111
Jonin

Parak111 has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Parak111 has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Parak111 has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Parak111 has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Parak111 has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Parak111 has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Awards Showcase

Post Re: I think I figured out Itachi's Gift.

There are a lot of speculations about this, but I doubt it's a sealing ability.

Besides, if it's a sealing ability, the battle would be over for Sasuke. He won't be able to use anything, but Fire Style Ninjutsu. He won't be even able to use Chidori, because he needs his Shringan to time the hit correctly, like evidenced when Kakashi tried to use it for the first time without a Sharingan, and Minato stated that without the Sharingan, the jutsu is incomplete and useless.

So yeah...with Katōn alone, Sasuke can't beat Naruto.

I'm more inclined to believe that Itachi has given the Sharingan to Naruto somehow. Maybe far-fetched, but it would be interesting to see Naruto use it. Besides, that would strenghten Naruto's Genjutsu abilities, which are his weakest. He can't be Hokage if he doesn't have decent skill with Genjutsu. Sounds to me like a good excuse to have him learn to use Genjutsu.

Pervy Sage's last battle:

YouTube:
src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

Those who break the rules are scum, true

but

ninja who don't help their friends are even worse!

- Ultra Super Mega Giga Hug

Parak111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 10:23 AM   #15
deidara330
Mr. Serious

deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Quite logical, but I think it's a bit different than that. I don't think you considered that Sasuke implanted Itachi's eyes. Itachi knows about the risks of the Mangekyo, so if Sasuke chose revenge, I'm sure Itachi would consider that Sasuke would implant his eyes, and the gift could only activate after that point.
deidara330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 12:38 PM   #16
EvL j3st3r
Chunin Exam Proctor

EvL j3st3r is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.EvL j3st3r is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.EvL j3st3r is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.EvL j3st3r is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

makes sense to me
^red.
You may want to respell that.

Sorry Kalmeast...........it's just too funny to let die.
EvL j3st3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 12:45 PM   #17
Kunoichi
Easily Bribed

Kunoichi just might be Kage someday.
Kunoichi just might be Kage someday.Kunoichi just might be Kage someday.Kunoichi just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

I really hope this is how it goes down. I'd rather see Sasuke get a downgrade then Itatchi's gift turn into another power up.

Sometimes i wonder though if Kishi has even decided yet what the gift is. I wonder things like this alot, he'll drop something that could be a total plot changer and he'll leave it for chapters and chapters. I have this mental image of Kishi searching the interwebs looking for theories that sound better than the ones he's actually written

Spoiler:

Kunoichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 05:35 PM   #18
Kreegah!!!
Special Jonin Candidate

Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunoichi View Post
I have this mental image of Kishi searching the interwebs looking for theories that sound better than the ones he's actually written
Yakushi Experiments and Chronicles of the Naruto Age: Blockbuster Tales Prefacing the Titular Specimen's Role in Modern Medicine and Technologies.

^Kishi, it's all yours, sir. As per ViVi's argument... I was hoping it would be Itachi's take on the Madara Swirlpool. But leading to a pit of infinite Amaterasu. Quench away, Sasuke! Have fun, Wretch!
Kreegah!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 07:16 PM   #19
EroS
Ninja Academy Student

EroS is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

I wonder if, instead of the gift be a way to seal Sasuke's sharingan, it's a way to negate it. Itachi likely knew that if Sasuke chose revenge he would gain EMS by implanting Itachi's eyes. So what if the gift he gave him was something that makes Sasuke's eyes (which used to be Itachi's) useless against Naruto (who was given part of Itachi's eyes).

I thought this up thinking about the X-Men, where siblings' abilities don't have any affect on each other (e.g. Cyclops' optic blast doesn't work against Havok, Havok's plasma blasts don't work against Cyclops. So they can only fight each other without using their ability). If this were the case, Sasuke would lose his strength and Naruto would have a clear advantage.
EroS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 07:58 PM   #20
Phariah824
Chunin Exam Participant

Phariah824 saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

i like this theory ViVi. it seems plausible. i mean it might even be true tbh. maybe since Sasuke implanted Itachi's eyes it will be the key factor. the gift will have a link since they are his eyes making it possible to seal them.

Oct.15 2009 i survived Madara's first attack of turning back time
Phariah824 is offline   Reply With Quote