Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Naruto Discussion Forum > Naruto Manga Discussion

Naruto Manga Discussion All the latest discussions about the Naruto manga (beware, spoilers abound).

Old 04-01-2011, 08:14 PM   #1
EroS
Ninja Academy Student

EroS is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Naruto: Four Paths

Long time reader, first time poster.

So Madara has 3 paths as of this moment (Uchiha, Senju, Rinnegan). I have a theory that Naruto may (unknowingly) have 4 paths. Here is my reasoning

• Path 1: Senju. Passed down through his mother, now the last of the Uzumaki since Nagato's passing.
  • Path 2: Uchiha. Power inherited from Itachi. Can't speculate on what that power is exactly, but I imagine it is something that is surprisingly powerful, as in Itachi held it back from the world. My reasoning being this transfer is a major reason as to Zetsu's remark about Itachi being very weakened in his final training with Sasuke. I know that he was sick, I think it may have just compounded it though.
  • Path 3: Tailed Beast. Madara hasn't read the Uchiha stone tablets with the Rinnegan, so he does not have the full story yet. I think the Kyuubi was the original beast, with the others broken off of it. B in Hachibi mode mentioned that Kyuubi's strength (hatred) was beyond what he had imagined, and that was with it at half-strength. Kyuubi is also the only one in the series to refer to Rikudo from inherent experience (when Naruto took his chakra and locked him up, and he referred to the seal as being Rikudo's), leading me to believe that he had direct experiences with him possibly as the main beast. Also, Naruto noticing Kinkaku's transformation into quasi-jinchuriki mode makes me question whether it was the rage he was feeling, or the Tailed-Beast Chakra, hence him stating that he did not know what he felt whereas he could put into words how he recognized Kisame.
  • Path 4: Nature Chakra. They say all jutsu originates from Rikudo, so it should go to say that this does as well. At least that would seem to be logical. The toads had to learn it, they live in a location inaccessible by man (but a god like Rikudo?), and only a very few people are capable of learning because of the chakra requirements (Naruto and Jiraiya as of now, and they say Minato knew but it is never shown).
  • Path 5: Rinnegan. He doesn't have. But, I could imagine that it somehow is tied into Itachi's gift, in that part of his gift may be when facing off against Madara taking Madara's or the remaining Rinnegan (Itachi did plan far in ahead, it could be possible). I truthfully thought that Konan would somehow 'will' Nagato's body or eyes to him in the event she died, as a means to prevent Madara from gaining them, but that (seemingly) isn't the case.
  • Path 6: I am not sure. Part of me thinks possibly Samehada (most deadly of the 7 swords, slight resemblance to the hilt of the sword carried by the Rikudo), or some other tool/weapon we haven't heard of. Or it is tied in with Minato's background, as we have not heard anything about him growing up except that he 'looked flaky and weird' as a kid, as well as how he met Kushina. These are all grasps at straws though.

An alternate theory, is that instead of one path being 'Tailed Beast' like I mentioned, it is Yang release, with the 6th Path being Yin release. Since Naruto has Yang in its purest form since taking over the Kyuubi's chakra, it is possible that if mixed with the Yin chakra (I don't know how, but Minato did hint that the Kyuubi's chakra may come back to the world in his last few moments with Kushina before he performs the seal. It is possible that, being a 'force of nature' it is part of restoring balance to the world).

Just an interesting theory, any thoughts anyone else has to correct/critique?

Last edited by EroS; 04-01-2011 at 08:32 PM.
EroS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 10:00 AM   #2
EvL j3st3r
Chunin Exam Proctor

EvL j3st3r is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.EvL j3st3r is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.EvL j3st3r is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.EvL j3st3r is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Default Re: Naruto: Four Paths

Well........that's a lot of text to nit-pick through, so I'll just say.......good overall theory.
^red.
You may want to respell that.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sorry Kalmeast...........it's just too funny to let die.
EvL j3st3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 11:57 AM   #3
iDooom
Genin

iDooom saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

First of all, Madara had Nagato, who had Rinnegan. He read the entire tablet. Which is why we know that the tailed beasts did not break off the Nine Tails, but are the pieces of the ten tails.
iDooom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 01:28 PM   #4
EroS
Ninja Academy Student

EroS is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Madara did manipulate Nagato. But it is only alluded to by the current Mizukage that the tablet was read with the Rinnegan. Even then, Madara doesn't confirm (or deny) it, and considering his penchant for deceit I would put no stock in it. Also, he started making himself whole by collecting/implanting Senju cells in himself many decades before Nagato is even born, so he would have to have read the tablet with his EMS before the fight, meaning all the information he has told up unto now he learned before he fought Hashirama. And Madara would have had to formulated the plan in recent years (and not be planning it for decades) if he viewed them with Nagato, which wouldn't fit with the timeline where he hinted at this exact plan in his fight against Minato (which I believe would be around the time Nagato was with Jiraiya, based off comparing his and Naruto's ages).

Also, Madara and Nagato had different means for achieving peace. Nagato showed no interest in the story of Rikudo and gaining such power, so it wouldn't make sense that he would go along with Madara to read the tablet. Also, this would give Nagato too much insight into Madara's plan and true intents, which we all know he would not let anyone in on. How many people has he killed (or said be killed) just because they have awareness of him and his hideout? I don't see him divulging such information to anyone else, least of all Nagato, who may have been the only Akatsuki member capable of putting an end to him. Also, for those who believe he 'gave' the rinnegan to Nagato, I don't believe that either. That is just another lie to shake the faith of Konan, and not realistic as if he had them in his possession before he would have kept/transplanted into himself, as he did after gaining them.

Finally, Nagato commented during his Konoha Invasion that even he would be unable to infiltrate the Leaf's surveillance systems, as he was immediately detected when he did so. And with his hatred for Konoha, I doubt he would ever enter into the village without the intent to destroy it. No way he would enter without making himself known and taking out a good portion of the village. Even though Madara, being a former Anbu, could be capable of such a feat (as Itachi was with Kisame), for the above reasons I don't think Nagato would take part in said plan.

Last edited by EroS; 04-02-2011 at 01:41 PM.
EroS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 02:18 PM   #5
Gouldy17
Genin Elite

Gouldy17 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

i agree with eros there was no way madara could have used the rinnegan to readd the tablet....and as for him giving nagato the rinnegan i believe madara taught nagato how to use it to its full potential thus giving him the "power" of the rinnegan
United's flag is deepest red, It shrouded all our Munich dead, Before their limbs grew stiff and cold, Their heart's blood dyed it's ev'ry fold. Then raise United's banner high, Beneath it's shade we'll live and die, So keep the faith and never fear, We'll keep the Red Flag flying here. We'll never die, we'll never die, We'll never die, we'll never die, We'll keep the Red flag flying high, 'Cos Man United will never die
Gouldy17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 07:12 PM   #6
Kreegah!!!
Special Jonin Candidate

Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.

Awards Showcase

The tailed-beast bit is interesting. Kyuubi could be the actual personality of Juubi. After all, the other biju were said to be instinct-driven without a host, but Kyuubi had personality and reasoning outside a host. The only others like it were Shukaku and 8-tails. I think 8-tails developed as it has because of Bee; Bee worked not to cage the beast, but to sync with it - to enjoy life in harmony since they're stuck together for life. Shukaku's personality is not that of the one-tails, but the desert madman's soul that's inexplicably bound to it.

While the nine beasts may all be a fraction of the juubi and retain certain specific powers not shared by each other, I think the actual mind of the 10-tails was not split. It all went to Mr. Fox.
Kreegah!!! is offline   Reply With Quote