Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Leaf Village Council > Forum Feedback & Issues

Forum Feedback & Issues Having problems using the forums or site? Maybe you have some feedback about the site you'd like to share? Post it here.

Old 03-29-2011, 06:29 AM   #21
UnDeAd Hikari
Special Jonin Candidate

UnDeAd Hikari has a spectacular chakra aura going on.UnDeAd Hikari has a spectacular chakra aura going on.UnDeAd Hikari has a spectacular chakra aura going on.UnDeAd Hikari has a spectacular chakra aura going on.UnDeAd Hikari has a spectacular chakra aura going on.UnDeAd Hikari has a spectacular chakra aura going on.UnDeAd Hikari has a spectacular chakra aura going on.UnDeAd Hikari has a spectacular chakra aura going on.
Send a message via Skype™ to UnDeAd Hikari
Default Re: Resetting the rep system and post counts.

so we can control how much neg. I do really like that.
These Idiots need protection...
I'm brutal, I lack scruples, so any defense is actually futile...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
UnDeAd Hikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 06:30 AM   #22
Sephiroth
Lord of Darkness
Vault Disciple

Sephiroth is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sephiroth is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sephiroth is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sephiroth is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sephiroth is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sephiroth is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sephiroth is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sephiroth is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sephiroth is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sephiroth is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sephiroth is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sephiroth is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sephiroth is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sephiroth is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.

Awards Showcase

Still dont like it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 06:35 AM   #23
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnDeAd Hikari View Post
so we can control how much neg. I do really like that.
Well, I think it should still be the same as rep power. Just you lose that amount instead of just giving it. Perahps rep power plus one when you are at 0-2.

Of course this all depends on letting someone like Toma or TBC alter a few things, it is up to Rice to allow more than a rep reset.

Wooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 06:39 AM   #24
Sephiroth
Lord of Darkness
Vault Disciple

Sephiroth is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sephiroth is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sephiroth is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sephiroth is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sephiroth is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sephiroth is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sephiroth is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sephiroth is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sephiroth is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sephiroth is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sephiroth is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sephiroth is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sephiroth is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sephiroth is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.

Awards Showcase

But I will have to point out. The system will be the same as it is now. So there is still going to be people with 20 rep and others with just maybe 1 or 2 points. Favoritism and reping your friends just cause and what got most people the 5000 rep points etc. So its not going to really change the way it looks to new comers.

Old 03-29-2011, 06:43 AM   #25
Yori
Cool Hwip
Sierra Mist Disciple

Yori finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Yori finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Yori finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Yori finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Yori finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Yori finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Yori finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Yori finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Yori finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Yori finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Awards Showcase

I like the Woo mans idea
Old 03-29-2011, 06:44 AM   #26
UnDeAd Hikari
Special Jonin Candidate

UnDeAd Hikari has a spectacular chakra aura going on.UnDeAd Hikari has a spectacular chakra aura going on.UnDeAd Hikari has a spectacular chakra aura going on.UnDeAd Hikari has a spectacular chakra aura going on.UnDeAd Hikari has a spectacular chakra aura going on.UnDeAd Hikari has a spectacular chakra aura going on.UnDeAd Hikari has a spectacular chakra aura going on.UnDeAd Hikari has a spectacular chakra aura going on.
Send a message via Skype™ to UnDeAd Hikari

I have to agree with Sephroth there.
These Idiots need protection...
I'm brutal, I lack scruples, so any defense is actually futile...

UnDeAd Hikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 07:20 AM   #27
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
But I will have to point out. The system will be the same as it is now. So there is still going to be people with 20 rep and others with just maybe 1 or 2 points. Favoritism and reping your friends just cause and what got most people the 5000 rep points etc. So its not going to really change the way it looks to new comers.
Listen to Yori.
But of course, this is a meritocracy not Soviet Russia.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yori View Post
I like the Woo mans idea
Indeed.

Wooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 07:30 AM   #28
Sephiroth
Lord of Darkness
Vault Disciple

Awards Showcase

By him saying he likes your idea?? Just because he likes it a should listen to him??

Old 03-29-2011, 07:53 AM   #29
Parak111
Jonin

Parak111 has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Parak111 has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Parak111 has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Parak111 has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Parak111 has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Parak111 has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Awards Showcase

Post Re: Resetting the rep system and post counts.

I agree with Wooster's idea, and I think it is much more reasonable and it really would help with this "rep inflation".

I'm neutral about rep, but I'm 100% against resetting the post count to 0. It has absolutely no point, but to delete the history, even if it's archived in some deep, deep, deep option that no one will probably open to see.

I think Wooster's idea should be considered. If not, then it would be better if there are no changes at all.

Pervy Sage's last battle:

YouTube:
src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

Those who break the rules are scum, true

but

ninja who don't help their friends are even worse!

- Ultra Super Mega Giga Hug

Parak111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 08:04 AM   #30
J-Sun Tasogare
is secretly a carebear

J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

I don't see why people are so torn up of losing post or rep count, you're just losing the points not the actual posts. You'll earn it again it'll give you something to do. And people who are saying new member will have to work for their rep. It's not like typing on a keyboard is working.
J-Sun Tasogare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 08:06 AM   #31
Sushi
Genin

Sushi is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Yay, something new. i think this is a great idea becuz then the newbies will be noticed.
I mean it will take forever for a newbie to catch up to someone who is REALLY popular.

but i guess it's kinda hard to understand for people who have high rep.

When will this resetting thing start? (if everyone agree)

Last edited by Sushi; 03-29-2011 at 08:08 AM.
Sushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 08:40 AM   #32
Poko-chan
Veteran Chunin

Poko-chan is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi View Post
Yay, something new. i think this is a great idea becuz then the newbies will be noticed.
I mean it will take forever for a newbie to catch up to someone who is REALLY popular.

Well, I guess it wil start when they agree with some solution (:

Anyways. I don't care if it wil be reset or not. I do not have that much at all, and as like others already said, its not that important. In the end its about of you have fun or not xD

♪♫♪ Lookinto my eyes and accept my dearest apologies.While you're at it, notice my handsome, manly features. ♪♫♪
Poko-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 08:59 AM   #33
Jonesy
likes to post-it post-it
Konoha Military Force

Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Delete my post count, and I'll freaking snap your neck.

But seriously, I don't give a crap about rep, take it away if you must, but if you take away my posts, I will literally go on a rampage.

I can promise you that.

Last edited by Jonesy; 03-29-2011 at 09:04 AM.
Jonesy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 09:05 AM   #34
Kreegah!!!
Special Jonin Candidate

Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.

Awards Showcase

As someone who basically spams rep, I'm OK with a rep revision a la Wooster. I'm probably the biggest rep-sower in the forum. So, yeah, it would be best to at least neutralize my power. As for posts, I'm not sure I see what the big deal is there?? Why do posts need reset?
Kreegah!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 09:50 AM   #35
trouble88
Making It Duoble
Special Hunter Ninja
WS-Genin

Location: playing pokemonxy with KazekageGaara and Fluttershy
trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via AIM to trouble88 Send a message via MSN to trouble88 Send a message via Skype™ to trouble88

I vote no on this. Some of us work really hard to get our rep. I know I worked my @$$ off to get mine where is at today. I went from 2 red boxes to green boxes by hard worked and determination. I feel that same user on here would feel bed if they lost their rep and realize that all of their hard work they did was for nothing in the end. I know TBC had a good point at OP but is one idea is really worth destory people hard worked and determination just to make rep equal to everyone is really is worth it? I say no to this idea in the end.

You stole my heart from the day we met^////^
Forum frist buddies: JAFL,KU
Member of the Forum ANBU PM me for help

trouble88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 10:05 AM   #36
AgentShayd
Leader of the Demon Wolves
A title awarded to one who has become the Member of the Month of March and a great peapod neighbor

AgentShayd completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.
AgentShayd completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Sun Tasogare View Post
I don't see why people are so torn up of losing post or rep count, you're just losing the points not the actual posts. You'll earn it again it'll give you something to do. And people who are saying new member will have to work for their rep. It's not like typing on a keyboard is working.
But THAT is my point! When I was first new on here, I didn't get someone to reset everything to be quote on quote "EQUAL" with others. I worked my way up just like everyone else. You ppl who are saying we shouldn't be to attached blah blah blah are missing the point. The point is we all had to start at 0 at some point and we all worked our way up. I am NOT in favor of repeating this. You think it is selfish, I think it is deserved.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi View Post

it isn't always about popularity my friend. Some of us have been here for a long time, thus adding up to what we have. You all have to start somewhere. Besides just get out there and get yourself noticed. I personally notice new ppl. I love them! Fresh blood in the mix. Other forums I have been to, it is the same thing. New ppl are new and they make their own way. I am not trying to be mean I am trying to get this looked at from all points of view. I understand you newer ppl feel unimportant, unnoticed, or intimidated...I felt that way once too. Well actually I still feel that way sometimes. I think everyone does.
But it is as I said before, are you guys gonna do this everytime there are a bunch of new ppl? AND if NO ONE has rep, how are you gonna be able to get it back? So obviously some ppl have to have rep. I have never asked for anything form this forum before. But I am going to ask for it now. Please just leave the rep system and post count system alone. Wooster has a good idea, and there are other ways as well. Think about it! Gah this is a novel but there is always the idea of some older members taking in new members and showing the ropes etc. Like an orientation, if it is just cuz new members are intimidated etc. I have to do this stuff all the time being an officer of the SCNAVTA club at my school. Reinvent the club to make it appealing to new members. There is always other ways. WOW I am done... xD

Veterinary Technician Friesian Horse Lover

Proud German Shepherd and Pitbull mom!

The Hellion Chronicles: Blood Curse of the Gemini Chapters One and Two release date:
Easter Sunday April 20th2014
"Sometimes bonds by blood are fatal."

Last edited by AgentShayd; 03-29-2011 at 10:08 AM.
AgentShayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 10:14 AM   #37
Ishtar
Banned

Ishtar finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Ishtar finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Ishtar finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Ishtar finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Ishtar finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Ishtar finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Ishtar finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Ishtar finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Ishtar finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

I liek Wooster's idea.
Ishtar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 10:25 AM   #38
Bacon

Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Bout time, jerks.

Spoiler:
This sounds fun and seems like a lot of work. I think it would be a good idea for newer users and a chance to reset the rep herpes. xD God knows I have a lot of it.

Quote:

12:11 PM So you enter the debate with full knowledge that you know nothing of worth on the subject, and then state you will not make an effort to learn. Way to be poster-boy for blight of the forum. Leave discussions of intelligence to those that have it.

Click the dratini for anime rants
Bacon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 10:26 AM   #39
Maikeru D. Shinigami
Super High School Level Narcissist
Quasi-Admin

Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via AIM to Maikeru D. Shinigami Send a message via MSN to Maikeru D. Shinigami Send a message via Yahoo to Maikeru D. Shinigami

I still think it's more trouble than it's worth.

YouTube:
src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">
Maikeru D. Shinigami is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 10:27 AM   #40
Ishtar
Banned

Ishtar finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Ishtar finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Ishtar finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Ishtar finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Ishtar finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Ishtar finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Ishtar finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Ishtar finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Ishtar finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Well, I honestly don't care what you do with it. I will be fine with it either way.
Ishtar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
don't add tags