Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Battlegrounds Versus Debates > Narutoverse

Narutoverse For all the debates involving characters from the Naruto series.

Old 02-23-2011, 07:12 PM   #1
Limelight
Ninja Academy Student

Limelight is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Temari vs Konan

Am I the only one who think Temari would destroy her? Not taking anything away from Konan.
Limelight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 07:14 PM   #2
Nicks016
Chunin

Nicks016 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: Temari vs Konan

Are you kidding me? Konan would own her!!! She's my favorite character!!!
Nicks016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 07:16 PM   #3
Limelight
Ninja Academy Student

Limelight is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicks016 View Post
Are you kidding me? Konan would own her!!! She's my favorite character!!!
Have you seen what Temari does to trees & yeah she's my fav.
Limelight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 07:18 PM   #4
Nicks016
Chunin

Konan or Temari?

Ik but she uses tags and is part of the Akatsuki alongside Pain but otherwise that would be a good fight
Old 02-24-2011, 09:38 AM   #5
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

This belongs in The Battlegrounds (Narutoverse), could a Character Talk mod please move it to the correct section?
Shikamaru Nara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 07:34 AM   #6
TobiFanGirl
Ninja Academy Student

TobiFanGirl is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Konan PWNS Temari.
TobiFanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 07:35 AM   #7
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Wow this thread is lacking in intelligent discussion.

Konan stomps.

Mine Field, GG.
Shikamaru Nara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 07:43 AM   #8
Nicks016
Chunin

Spoiler:

right she nearly destroyed tobi and lost his eye in the process
Old 03-12-2011, 03:39 PM   #9
kunoichifan102
Chunin Exam Proctor

kunoichifan102 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicks016 View Post
Spoiler:

right she nearly destroyed tobi and lost his eye in the process
Spoiler:

Tobi lost his eye? Go Konan!!!

Last edited by kunoichifan102; 03-14-2011 at 03:21 PM.
kunoichifan102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 03:36 AM   #10
Kiseki
Release the Kraken!

Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Edit: I got confused, LMAO.
Konan is strong, but I think she has er weaknesses.
Wind is able to cut through paper in the end.

Temari is assisting a kage, which means she is not totally useless.
But so far I've seen... Temari is not unbeatable.
I think it would be 50/50. Both aren't really strong.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Kiseki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 02:42 PM   #11
hinta guisonage
Ninja Academy Student

hinta guisonage is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

konan would go all over he
hinta guisonage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 10:33 PM   #12
Nagahana
Apprentice Genin

Nagahana saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!Nagahana saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

I like both, Temari is strong but not enough to beat Konan

Spoiler:
now that Konan showed her true skills and was the only one able to hurt Madara pretty badly.....He lost an arm and an eye with Izanagi, which proves that she is more than a powerful kunoichi
Nagahana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 10:47 AM   #13
Frost ninja
debates with determination

Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru Nara View Post
Wow this thread is lacking in intelligent discussion.

Konan stomps.

Mine Field, GG.
Prep is where?

Blade dance, gg. Paper is shredded. Or the wind itself simply prevents the papers from reforming.
Old 03-18-2011, 11:01 AM   #14
Vivi
Little Miss Spoiler
Formerly V-Valentine
Jonin

Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frost ninja View Post
Prep is where?

Blade dance, gg. Paper is shredded.
Or the wind itself simply prevents the papers from reforming.
Arguable.

Take a Knife and a Piece of Paper.
Throw the Paper in the Air.
While it's in the Air try slicing it with the Knife.

Now I know Temari's Wind is stronger than an average Knife however I am quite certain Konan's Paper isn't just average as well.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jessie>Tifa and Aeris.
Vivi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 11:03 AM   #15
Frost ninja

Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivi View Post
Arguable.

Take a Knife and a Piece of Paper.
Throw the Paper in the Air.
While it's in the Air try slicing it with the Knife.

Now I know Temari's Wind is stronger than an average Knife however I am quite certain Konan's Paper isn't just average as well.
Just did. Felt awesome.

As for your comment, this isnt kunai, this is a giant blade whirlwind. That leveled a forest without trying in a huge radius around it. It doesn't need to air so much as exist, and the force of the bladed wind will shread the paper imo.
Old 03-18-2011, 11:13 AM   #16
Vivi
Little Miss Spoiler
Formerly V-Valentine
Jonin

Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frost ninja View Post
Just did. Felt awesome.

As for your comment, this isnt kunai, this is a giant blade whirlwind. That leveled a forest without trying in a huge radius around it. It doesn't need to air so much as exist, and the force of the bladed wind will shread the paper imo.
Blade = Blade.
Whether it's a knife or as you said yourself a Giant Blade Whirlwind.

I can cut Bread with a Knife.
Much more solid than Paper.
Yet when I throw it in the Air cutting it is way more difficult.

Same principle as with the Knife even if it's Wind.
It's quite difficult no almost impossible to cut Paper in Mid Air by Force alone.
You can pierce it but not cut.

Jessie>Tifa and Aeris.
Vivi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 11:59 AM   #17
Lady Tsunade
Old.

Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

As Temaris wind techniques are able to pierce through armour, cutting through sheets of paper will be easy. Konans attacks are fast, but Temari has arguably reacted to Tayuyas sound genjutsu before it reached her, meaning she should really be able to swing her fan fast enough to blow away and slice up Konans paper, which would presumably harm her, if enough of the paper was destroyed.

Furthermore, since they're BL. Theres nothing stopping Temari using a powerful technique like Quick Beheading Dance to end it. Konan has no prep for Sea of paper, so I don't see how she wins here.
Lady Tsunade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 02:37 PM   #18
Frost ninja

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivi View Post
Blade = Blade.
Whether it's a knife or as you said yourself a Giant Blade Whirlwind.

I can cut Bread with a Knife.
Much more solid than Paper.
Yet when I throw it in the Air cutting it is way more difficult.

Same principle as with the Knife even if it's Wind.
It's quite difficult no almost impossible to cut Paper in Mid Air by Force alone.
You can pierce it but not cut.

Heres one.

Take a giant fan
Throw the paper into the way of the fan while its running

As you can see, the wind from the fan hits the paper.

This works the same for wind dance, only when the wind hits it, the paper is cut.
Old 03-18-2011, 02:43 PM   #19
J-Sun Tasogare
is secretly a carebear

J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Konan's paper stood up to Fire Style jutsu casually, it's soooo underated. Water doesn't affect it, and if the paper is moving fast enough wind wouldn't blow it away, let alone cut all of it, cause Konan can make a sheet ton of it, and make it move fast, add that with Paper clones that could explode and surround Temari, I think Konan takes this with some difficulty, as well what's stopping her for detonating the paper launched at Temari to disperse the wind? Also Konan is made of paper kind of like a logia but not as good, a quick beheading dance wouldn't do anything, if she does it as fast as you said she'd just exhaust herself.

Last edited by Lady Tsunade; 03-18-2011 at 08:13 PM.
J-Sun Tasogare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 02:58 PM   #20
Frost ninja

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Sun Tasogare View Post
Konan's paper stood up to Fire Style jutsu casually, it's soooo underated. Water doesn't affect it, and if the paper is moving fast enough wind wouldn't blow it away, let alone cut all of it, cause Konan can make a sheet ton of it, and make it move fast, add that with Paper clones that could explode and surround Temari, I think Konan takes this with some difficulty, as well what's stopping her for detonating the paper launched at Temari to disperse the wind? Also Konan is made of paper kind of like a logia but not as good, a quick beheading dance wouldn't do anything, if she does it as fast as you said she'd just exhaust herself.
True as that may be, do you have any proofing as to how strong the fireball was? If the paper isnt proofed to be forest strong, I'd trust something that lopped trees apart at a distance possibly hundreds of meters away from the epicenter of the actual attack.

Tags
akatsuki, gaara, itachi, kankuro, kisame, konan, naruto, pain, temari