Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Naruto Discussion Forum > Naruto Manga Discussion > Naruto Manga Archives

Naruto Manga Archives A collection of some of the best theories and discussions that Town Bookstore has to offer.

Old 03-10-2011, 01:43 PM   #41
Lady Tsunade
Old.

Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.
Default Re: Naruto 531 Discussion

Boring..

I want Team 10 vs Asuma. Not Mifune vs Hanzo. Mifunes about as interesting a grey wall. Speed, sword strikes - easily predicted and typical stuff. I look forward to seeing Hanzo use ninjutsu though. And he doesn't get to use ninjutsu. It will be fail of epic proportions.
Old 03-10-2011, 02:49 PM   #42
Zango
Genin Elite

Zango is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Also, Hanzo is a Hidan wanna-be.
Hidan fan club member #102... I think...

NCONR3 Friend Code: 4941-6911-4242

My awesome Obito theory.
Spoiler:
http://naruto.viz.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3407153&postcount=19
Old 03-10-2011, 03:20 PM   #43
3littlepigs
P-Chan

3littlepigs is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsticky005 View Post
By the way...

Since when did Danzo ever ally with Yahiko and the original Akatsuki?
Since forever lol remember how Nagato ended up in a wheelchair? well in that chapter Yahiko and his group (so I guess the original Akatsuki you could say) were supposed to ally themselves with Hanzou and Danzou was included somehow but Hanzou and Danzou ended up betraying them and well the rest I'm pretty sure you know.

I'm so happy this chapter came out! I would like to think Naruto's back! the last month or so sucked IMO and I really liked this chapter. I liked that the samurai weren't useless after all and that Mifune is so strong. Nice to see Pain in the flashback....so sad he's gone and Konan as well.

Now I hope we get to see either Gaara or Kakashi next week!! preferably Gaara...also love how the chapter is called "Team Asuma Together Again" but they only appear in like 2 pages...what the heck? it should have been called "Hanzou vs Mifune" or something like that.....I thought I was reading the wrong chapter
Old 03-10-2011, 04:15 PM   #44
HachibiXSenpai
Special Jonin Candidate

HachibiXSenpai saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Tsunade View Post
Boring..

I want Team 10 vs Asuma. Not Mifune vs Hanzo. Mifunes about as interesting a grey wall. Speed, sword strikes - easily predicted and typical stuff. I look forward to seeing Hanzo use ninjutsu though. And he doesn't get to use ninjutsu. It will be fail of epic proportions.

funny....i found this chapter to be very intresting, especially mifune.

(Currently playing Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations)
Psn ID: Fullmatrix09 - ADD ME AND FIGHT.

Old 03-10-2011, 06:36 PM   #45
deidara330
Mr. Serious

deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jutsu Junkie View Post
You are right that a story is more than just the action. However, there is a time and a place for everything. For instance, a character expounding on the exploits of Babe Ruth during a love scene is perhaps not appropriate -- unless it's a comedy. Likewise, a fight is often not the best time to be waxing philosophical about the samurai cult of the sword; these people are in a pitched battle for the future of their world against undead zombie ninja masters and spore clones.

As for the expository lump, look here. If you are an established writer you can sometimes get away with these, and as I've said since this is a visual medium they are a bit less noticeable. But fight scenes aren't where you want the action to slow down.
I think it's more excusable when characters have a personal relationship with each other.

That's just an opinion, though. That assumes that the fighting is meant to be faced-paced and action-filled. In some Naruto fights, characters will only make a few moves. Sometimes the purpose of fights can simply be demonstrating the relationship between characters and the history they may have. These fights in particular tend to be the longest and most popular among fans, such as Sasuke VS Itachi or Naruto VS Pain. I think the most reasonable excuse is that the author makes the relationship between characters as enjoyable as the fighting itself. At least, that's how I've found it.

Instead of "Getting away with it", I'd say "Pulling it off". To get away with something means you did something you shouldn't have, but no one really noticed. If they did, they would recognize that it shouldn't have been done and condemn it. In contrast, to pull something off is to do something that conventionally shouldn't be done and often ends up unsuccessful, but is turned around into something enjoyable and worth seeing. Ever since I started reading the manga, or watching the anime, I rarely (if ever) felt that the things the characters said were out of place for the time in which they said them. I, personally, would call that pulling it off instead of getting away with it.
Old 03-10-2011, 07:10 PM   #46
Jutsu Junkie
Chunin Exam Proctor

Jutsu Junkie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Jutsu Junkie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Jutsu Junkie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Jutsu Junkie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Jutsu Junkie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deidara330 View Post
I think it's more excusable when characters have a personal relationship with each other.

Instead of "Getting away with it", I'd say "Pulling it off".

Ever since I started reading the manga, or watching the anime, I rarely (if ever) felt that the things the characters said were out of place for the time in which they said them. I, personally, would call that pulling it off instead of getting away with it.
I see your point. But the thing is that exposition takes power away from the story. You enjoy the story the way it is, and that is a valid response, but it could be better, with the added bonus of not requiring so many filler episodes in the anime (because it's easy to fill space with scenes vs. exposition). Scenes are more engrossing. Characters "explaining" things to each other, like Mifune's speech about peace and faith, is a way some writers get around pure summary, but it often still feels like exposition when the participants aren't believably in need of the explanation. Mifune said it himself: "Don't tell me a ninja of your level doesn't realize..." And he's right; they are fighting master warriors who should know these things, especially Hanzou with his knowledge of samurai history.

--George Bernard Shaw
Old 03-11-2011, 12:33 AM   #47
mrsticky005

mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3littlepigs View Post
Since forever lol remember how Nagato ended up in a wheelchair? well in that chapter Yahiko and his group (so I guess the original Akatsuki you could say) were supposed to ally themselves with Hanzou and Danzou was included somehow but Hanzou and Danzou ended up betraying them and well the rest I'm pretty sure you know.

I remember Nagato talking about Hanzo making a peace treaty with them the original Akatsuki and then when Hanzo betrayed that peace treaty he had Danzo help him fight the original Akatsuki in exchange for helping Danzo become Hokage. However since Hanzo had really bad intelligence
neither he nor Danzo were prepared for Nagato's Rinnengan.

However this chapter is making it sound like the original Akatsuki made
a deal with Danzo too which Danzo broke. Either this is retcon or a mistake
by the scanlators getting Danzo and Hanzo confused.

I mean I get that Nagato would hate Danzo. But I think it's in error for him to say that Danzo betrayed him because Danzo never was on his side and
if he was on his side then it's retcon because that's not what was told
before. Perhaps what Nagato means is that Danzo representing Konoha
made an alliance through Jirayia (Konoha) and then Danzo (Konoha)
betrayed Yahiko. That would make more sense but it still would be
bad translation.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Spam once and the forum will be annoyed.
Spam twice and warnings will be deployed
Spam thrice and a infraction you will receive
Spam 8,984 times and a FAIL Agent you''ll soon be.

...At least in my case.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-11-2011, 04:14 AM   #48
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Mifune kicked Hanzo's tail just as I predicted. Eating crow yet, Deidara330?

Old 03-11-2011, 05:37 AM   #49
Poodle
Chunin Exam Participant

Poodle has completed a tough C-rank mission!Poodle has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Quote:
I remember Nagato talking about Hanzo making a peace treaty with them the original Akatsuki and then when Hanzo betrayed that peace treaty he had Danzo help him fight the original Akatsuki in exchange for helping Danzo become Hokage. However since Hanzo had really bad intelligence
neither he nor Danzo were prepared for Nagato's Rinnengan.

However this chapter is making it sound like the original Akatsuki made
a deal with Danzo too which Danzo broke. Either this is retcon or a mistake
by the scanlators getting Danzo and Hanzo confused.

I mean I get that Nagato would hate Danzo. But I think it's in error for him to say that Danzo betrayed him because Danzo never was on his side and
if he was on his side then it's retcon because that's not what was told
before. Perhaps what Nagato means is that Danzo representing Konoha
made an alliance through Jirayia (Konoha) and then Danzo (Konoha)
betrayed Yahiko. That would make more sense but it still would be
bad translation.

i thought Akatsuki had made a deal with both of them. then again my memory of it is more from the anime than the manga.
Old 03-11-2011, 06:28 AM   #50
mrsticky005

mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poodle View Post
i thought Akatsuki had made a deal with both of them. then again my memory of it is more from the anime than the manga.
I looked at the translation for 531 and it was actually supposed to say
that Hanzo allied with Danzo to betray Nagato which makes a million
times more sense. I'm not sure where a certain site got it's translation
from.

...At least in my case.
Old 03-11-2011, 06:34 AM   #51
Kimimaro Kaguya
Special Jonin Candidate

Kimimaro Kaguya has completed a tough C-rank mission!Kimimaro Kaguya has completed a tough C-rank mission!

kimis gonna kick butt XDD
Old 03-11-2011, 06:37 AM   #52
mrsticky005

Awards Showcase

By the way, we learn that Dan is from the Kato clan. Not the Namikaze.

...At least in my case.
Old 03-11-2011, 09:06 AM   #53
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
By the way, we learn that Dan is from the Kato clan. Not the Namikaze.
Okay. what is so special about either clan? And why did people think it was Namikaze?

Old 03-11-2011, 09:08 AM   #54
mrsticky005

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooster View Post
Okay. what is so special about either clan? And why did people think it was Namikaze?
Nothing is special about the Kato Clan as far I know.

Probably because they wanted Minato to be the son of Tsunade and Dan.

...Hey I don't think this stuff up.

...At least in my case.
Old 03-11-2011, 09:09 AM   #55
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Oh, are those the same people that say bit is Tobi?

Last edited by Wooster; 03-11-2011 at 09:16 AM.
Old 03-11-2011, 09:20 AM   #56
mrsticky005

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Oh, are those the same people that say bit is Tobi?
More like the same people who say that Akamaru is Kiba.

...At least in my case.
Old 03-11-2011, 09:28 AM   #57
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

I just received a message:

I, Sir Kiba, Duke of Inuzuka, am greatly offended by that remark. Akamaru is but my hunting hound. We have gone many a merry chase of the fox on lackadisical afternoons.
I demand my honor be recompensed by a duel. Who shall be your second?

Old 03-11-2011, 11:12 AM   #58
Kreegah!!!
Special Jonin Candidate

Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zango View Post
Also, Hanzo is a Hidan wanna-be.
Hidan's claim to fame is having been paired up with Kakuzu. Without him, Hidan is not in the least cool. Still a tough opponent? Sure, but no one I'd care about. Hanzo is far and away better in any area worth mentioning, and as an ET now he trumps Hidan every way possible.

Quote:
I just received a message:

I, Sir Kiba, Duke of Inuzuka, am greatly offended by that remark. Akamaru is but my hunting hound. We have gone many a merry chase of the fox on lackadisical afternoons.
I demand my honor be recompensed by a duel. Who shall be your second?
I will be. I should forewarn you that I wrestle Polar Bears for fun and Pecos Bill is my ancestor. You are greatly outmatched, sirs.

Last edited by Kreegah!!!; 03-11-2011 at 11:15 AM.
Old 03-11-2011, 12:18 PM   #59
Yori
Cool Hwip
Sierra Mist Disciple

Yori finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Yori finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Yori finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Yori finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Yori finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Yori finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Yori finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Yori finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Yori finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Yori finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Awards Showcase

What happened to the Sai Shaft interviews?
Old 03-11-2011, 01:42 PM   #60
oxymaru
Freshmen Academy Student

oxymaru is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

dont understand the whole graanny chiyo playing dead thing please someone explain