Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Battlegrounds Versus Debates > Battlegrounds HQ

Battlegrounds HQ The headquarters of the debating area. Introduce yourself here, get to know other Battlegrounds, and discuss the details and events of the BG.

Old 02-02-2011, 04:37 PM   #1
Yori
Cool Hwip
Sierra Mist Disciple

Yori finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Yori finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Yori finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Yori finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Yori finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Yori finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Yori finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Yori finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Yori finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Yori finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Awards Showcase

Default Excuse Me BG

But do we really have to call names, and use foul language just to prove our point? Lately its becoming more as second nature to snap back at someone if they disagree with you.
Old 02-02-2011, 04:50 PM   #2
Frost ninja
debates with determination

Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Excuse Me BG

I usually try to keep it civil myself, but I hadn't noticed it increase any. Maybe its just because its debate contest time
Old 02-02-2011, 04:53 PM   #3
Kunoichi
Easily Bribed

Kunoichi just might be Kage someday.
Kunoichi just might be Kage someday.Kunoichi just might be Kage someday.Kunoichi just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

I usually only say mean things to Shikamaru Nara, he doesn't count right?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Spoiler:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Kunoichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 04:57 PM   #4
Kazumi Saitama
Lady Debater

Kazumi Saitama has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Kazumi Saitama has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Kazumi Saitama has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Kazumi Saitama has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Kazumi Saitama has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Kazumi Saitama has a spectacular chakra aura going on.
Send a message via MSN to Kazumi Saitama

I only say things to idiots. Does that count? :/

Kazumi Saitama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 04:58 PM   #5
Noctis Arashi
is rapidly losing blood from Naijeru's jugular attack
Formerly Susanoo

Noctis Arashi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Noctis Arashi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Noctis Arashi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Noctis Arashi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via Skype™ to Noctis Arashi

Everything counts. =/
Grand Master Roleplayer
Just Call Me Legendary Hoe -Fliparrachii Approved
Old 02-02-2011, 05:20 PM   #6
deidara330
Mr. Serious

deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

It's always been like this, for months. As far as I can tell, there's actually been decline since tyrell and Dudemeister left.

My personal suggestion towards everyone is, type up a response like you normally would, then preview the post and remove anything that doesn't support your arguement. (i.e. Your arguement is an excuse, You're just a fanboy, lolwut, Stop using crap points, That's BS, etc.) Not to say I haven't done any of that, just saying it might help.
deidara330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 05:30 PM   #7
Kazumi Saitama
Lady Debater

Kazumi Saitama has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Kazumi Saitama has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Kazumi Saitama has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Kazumi Saitama has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Kazumi Saitama has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Kazumi Saitama has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

The favoritism and wanking is ridiculous. I understand we all have favorites and whatnot, but debates are debates and we should not be biased.

And, what the hell is up with feats, hype and logic?

So, if a character is shown more throughout the series with feats and is placed against another character with little feats, they automatically lose even if the character can be hyped with logical feats based on information we have gathered prior? Wth is that?

If you are at a complete loss, please read my debate in the Tier Thread and you will understand.

Apparently, this is how BG works? If so, what happened to intelligence?

The manga is contradictory too, so following everything leads to confusion and utter nonsense.

Old 02-02-2011, 08:32 PM   #8
Frost ninja

Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.

Awards Showcase

thats not always true.
In example, Temari is capable of flight via science.
Controlled wind, directional, and the fan being an aerodynamic figure its easy to argue that, although she isnt feated to do so, its not only possible but its impossible to argue against
Old 02-02-2011, 08:39 PM   #9
Devil's Lawyer
Banned

Devil's Lawyer is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Man who does that such language. Some of you need your mouth washed out with soap.
Devil's Lawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 08:41 PM   #10
J-Sun Tasogare
is secretly a carebear

J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frost ninja View Post
thats not always true.
Controlled wind, directional, and the fan being an aerodynamic figure its easy to argue that, although she isnt feated to do so, its not only possible but its impossible to argue against
Who said the paper of the fan was strong enough to carry her?
J-Sun Tasogare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 08:44 PM   #11
Frost ninja

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Sun Tasogare View Post
The ability of the paper to generate wind gusts strong enough and controlled enough to permit her wind jutsus proves the strength of the paper of the fan. If it weren't strong enough, the paper itself eould rip and tear from the force it put out.

If you can prove Temari provides more force via her weight than it takes to funnel a cyclone then by all means.
Old 02-02-2011, 08:46 PM   #12
J-Sun Tasogare
is secretly a carebear

J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Quote:
The ability of the paper to generate wind gusts strong enough and controlled enough to permit her wind jutsus proves the strength of the paper of the fan. If it weren't strong enough, the paper itself eould rip and tear from the force it put out.

If you can prove Temari provides more force via her weight than it takes to funnel a cyclone then by all means.
I doubt the fan is strong enough to support her, and paper still bends, if it has a huge bend in it while flying it won't fly. Also can she generate wind without swinging her fan?
Old 02-02-2011, 08:46 PM   #13
Devil's Lawyer
Banned

Devil's Lawyer is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazumi Saitama View Post
The favoritism and wanking is ridiculous. I understand we all have favorites and whatnot, but debates are debates and we should not be biased.

And, what the hell is up with feats, hype and logic?

So, if a character is shown more throughout the series with feats and is placed against another character with little feats, they automatically lose even if the character can be hyped with logical feats based on information we have gathered prior? Wth is that?

If you are at a complete loss, please read my debate in the Tier Thread and you will understand.

Apparently, this is how BG works? If so, what happened to intelligence?

The manga is contradictory too, so following everything leads to confusion and utter nonsense.
Actually no considering certain characters pretty much show all they have to offer in said manga fights. Everything outside of the manga is basically theory with proof. What if I were to say Madara could solo the shinobi alliance. When has he ever shown such power or skill.
Devil's Lawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 08:49 PM   #14
Frost ninja

Awards Showcase

Quote:
I doubt the fan is strong enough to support her, and paper still bends, if it has a huge bend in it while flying it won't fly. Also can she generate wind without swinging her fan?
Although true, theres no proof it won't fly. After all, wing-warping is the bending and waning of wings in order to allow airflow to become uneven, allowing (by bernoulli's principle) to create a lower pressure above it while a higher pressure pushes it up.

And she is able to control the duration and direction of the wind long after it leaves the fan, its arguable that she can control wind currents to some degree.
Old 02-02-2011, 08:56 PM   #15
J-Sun Tasogare
is secretly a carebear

Quote:
Although true, theres no proof it won't fly. After all, wing-warping is the bending and waning of wings in order to allow airflow to become uneven, allowing (by bernoulli's principle) to create a lower pressure above it while a higher pressure pushes it up.

And she is able to control the duration and direction of the wind long after it leaves the fan, its arguable that she can control wind currents to some degree.
Then that's gliding, she couldn't really fly just glide.
Old 02-02-2011, 09:13 PM   #16
Kazumi Saitama
Lady Debater

Quote:
thats not always true.
I agree with this. However, others rely solely on feats, so you can forget explaining logic to them.

Quote:
Technically, we do not know the material of that fan. I mean, my sister has a traditional Japanese fan and the material is more cloth than paper. Additionally, the foundation of that fan appears metallic. Personally, I believe the fan is strong enough to support her.

Quote:
Then that's gliding, she couldn't really fly just glide.
Considering Kamatari rides the wind currents, I do believe Temari could do the same. So, it would be more like gliding than flight.

Old 02-02-2011, 10:25 PM   #17
Vivi
Little Miss Spoiler
Formerly V-Valentine
Jonin

Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
thats not always true.
Except that Science doesn't always apply to Fiction?

Via Science it's impossible for Human Beings to able to Move at the Speed as they do in the Manga as example.

Should we use Science now though it clearly shows that the Manga defies it alot?

Only time science should apply is when there is no other way.

In our World Science says she can but the Manga shows our knowledge of Science means nothing in there.

Saying she can fly or Glide it's just guessing nothing more.
Meaning she can't unless proven she can do so.

Jessie>Tifa and Aeris.
Vivi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 10:48 PM   #18
Kazumi Saitama
Lady Debater

Science does not always explain things in our world either nor has everything been proven. Hypothesis and theories are educated speculations made by gathering information we have collected while watching the series. As Frost stated, you can not argue against that simply because it has not been shown in the series. Unless someone can theoretically prove it is completely impossible, game is game. That is how a debate operates.

Old 02-03-2011, 05:43 AM   #19
Uchiha Raimaru
Special Jonin Candidate

Uchiha Raimaru has completed a tough C-rank mission!Uchiha Raimaru has completed a tough C-rank mission!Uchiha Raimaru has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yori View Post
But do we really have to call names, and use foul language just to prove our point? Lately its becoming more as second nature to snap back at someone if they disagree with you.
I commend you for this thread. This (along with the lack of debates I care about) is the biggest reason why I don't post as much in the BG. That said...

Quote:
Originally Posted by deidara330 View Post
As far as I can tell, there's actually been decline since tyrell and Dudemeister left.
This^

People will disagree with me, but I don't miss either of the two above. I will say that Tyrell was getting better about it, but I'd say those were two of the bigger trolls in this place.

Uchiha Raimaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 06:06 AM   #20
Lady Tsunade
Old.

Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivi View Post
Saying she can fly or Glide it's just guessing nothing more.
Meaning she can't unless proven she can do so.
This ^

We can make logical assumptions and guesses, to perhaps aid our points during a debate. But at the end of the day, we go on what makes sense and has been proven - not on speculation.

And agreed with what Yori said, too much hate going on around here. I thought we would've gotten rid of it after Troll and troll junior left, but apparently not. Theres a difference between a heated debate and disrespect. We all need to keep that in mind
Lady Tsunade is offline   Reply With Quote