Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Leaf Village Council > Forum Feedback & Issues

Forum Feedback & Issues Having problems using the forums or site? Maybe you have some feedback about the site you'd like to share? Post it here.

Old 01-30-2011, 06:04 AM   #1
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Default Photo Album

I don't see why we should keep having to update the User Image Album. I'm positive that Photo Albums are available on a profile with vBulletin.

Would it be because it would be too hard to monitor? Maybe you need to have positive reputation and 300 posts to put images up on it? Maybe we assign a bunch of people to monitor the pictures? I'm positive that many people would be willing to watch over the images.

I can make a list of people who can help. If I get enough competent people to do it, we can implement it? Just letting you know that even if you're on the list, it doesn't matter because the Admins get the choice of whoever gets power.

Current requirements:
50 rep/2 post requirement.
We have the idea of what we want to do.

We have people who want to volunteer.

Who wants to help:

Shikamaru Nara
Uchiha Raimaru
Undead Hikari
JapaneseAnimeForLife
Gaara's Girl

Last edited by Maikeru D. Shinigami; 02-01-2011 at 10:36 PM.
Shikamaru Nara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 06:13 AM   #2
Throw Rasen-Shuriken
Special Jonin Candidate

Location: Drifting through the cold walls, dancing in the subtle shadows, always never ending up anywhere...
Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via Skype™ to Throw Rasen-Shuriken
Default Re: Photo Album

Just something, Mods and alike wouldn't really need to update the Album as often, if they just encourage Users to re-edit existing posts, to update photos, then they could just post saying that they updated their photos... could be an alternative to updating all the time at least?
They do all have an edit button at the bottom of posts for a reason, lol.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

BF:

Spoiler:

Throw Rasen-Shuriken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 06:15 AM   #3
Uchiha Raimaru
Special Jonin Candidate

Uchiha Raimaru has completed a tough C-rank mission!Uchiha Raimaru has completed a tough C-rank mission!Uchiha Raimaru has completed a tough C-rank mission!

So basically, if this was implemented, we'd just need people to make sure everything on there was appropriate and didn't break any rules? I think I could do that.

Uchiha Raimaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 06:21 AM   #4
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throw Rasen-Shuriken View Post
Just something, Mods and alike wouldn't really need to update the Album as often, if they just encourage Users to re-edit existing posts, to update photos, then they could just post saying that they updated their photos... could be an alternative to updating all the time at least?
But then you still would have to take out all of the links and reindex the thousand something pages worth of posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha Raimaru View Post
So basically, if this was implemented, we'd just need people to make sure everything on there was appropriate and didn't break any rules? I think I could do that.
Yeah, and basically take out any pictures that may not be appropriate.
EDIT: And mean comments
Old 01-30-2011, 07:48 AM   #5
UnDeAd Hikari
Special Jonin Candidate

UnDeAd Hikari has a spectacular chakra aura going on.UnDeAd Hikari has a spectacular chakra aura going on.UnDeAd Hikari has a spectacular chakra aura going on.UnDeAd Hikari has a spectacular chakra aura going on.UnDeAd Hikari has a spectacular chakra aura going on.UnDeAd Hikari has a spectacular chakra aura going on.UnDeAd Hikari has a spectacular chakra aura going on.UnDeAd Hikari has a spectacular chakra aura going on.
Send a message via Skype™ to UnDeAd Hikari

hm, that doesnt seem difficult at all. Just look at the pretty people and make sure there is nothing wrong...I can totally do that
These Idiots need protection...
I'm brutal, I lack scruples, so any defense is actually futile...

UnDeAd Hikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 07:50 AM   #6
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Awards Showcase

And you have to read all the comments.
Old 01-30-2011, 07:54 AM   #7
UnDeAd Hikari
Special Jonin Candidate

UnDeAd Hikari has a spectacular chakra aura going on.UnDeAd Hikari has a spectacular chakra aura going on.UnDeAd Hikari has a spectacular chakra aura going on.UnDeAd Hikari has a spectacular chakra aura going on.UnDeAd Hikari has a spectacular chakra aura going on.UnDeAd Hikari has a spectacular chakra aura going on.UnDeAd Hikari has a spectacular chakra aura going on.UnDeAd Hikari has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

dude, if you see how much time I feakin spend on this forum, you'll see I have the time to do all that...
/needs to move my lazy ass a bit more

Old 01-30-2011, 12:29 PM   #8
Uchiha Raimaru
Special Jonin Candidate

Uchiha Raimaru has completed a tough C-rank mission!Uchiha Raimaru has completed a tough C-rank mission!Uchiha Raimaru has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnDeAd Hikari View Post
dude, if you see how much time I feakin spend on this forum, you'll see I have the time to do all that...
/needs to move my lazy ass a bit more
Me too. I'm always on here. At least then I could spend my time on here doing something that'll help out.

Uchiha Raimaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 12:31 PM   #9
UnDeAd Hikari
Special Jonin Candidate

I agree, like, I have two main forums I go on, I have little to no responsibility, so Ive just been giving myself responsibilities.. and even that doesnt take up enough time

Old 01-30-2011, 12:43 PM   #10
J-Sun Tasogare
is secretly a carebear

J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Why buy a new feature when we already have a system in place? There also could be some issue with laws and such since this Forum is owned by Viz.
J-Sun Tasogare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 12:45 PM   #11
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Awards Showcase

If we have 4.0 we should have it already...
Old 01-30-2011, 01:03 PM   #12
Kunoichi
Easily Bribed

Kunoichi just might be Kage someday.
Kunoichi just might be Kage someday.Kunoichi just might be Kage someday.Kunoichi just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throw Rasen-Shuriken View Post
Or... there could be an entire subforum for posting pictures. Any users who wants to post pics of themself can do so in there and can freely update their threads at their own choosing. It's also alot easier to lock and delete threads then it is to go back and edit individual posts should a problem ever occur.

Spoiler:

Kunoichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 01:06 PM   #13
J-Sun Tasogare
is secretly a carebear

J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunoichi View Post
Or... there could be an entire subforum for posting pictures. Any users who wants to post pics of themself can do so in there and can freely update their threads at their own choosing. It's also alot easier to lock and delete threads then it is to go back and edit individual posts should a problem ever occur.
Why make a whole subforum with TONS of threads, rather than keep it in one thread?
J-Sun Tasogare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 01:09 PM   #14
UnDeAd Hikari
Special Jonin Candidate

well, toma will finish this off /looks down

Old 01-30-2011, 01:10 PM   #15
Toma RNK
Village Counsel Sage
The Dandy Man

Toma RNK completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.

Awards Showcase

The main difference is that with the user image album photos are stored on places like photobucket.

With the photo album feature of vbulletin, the photos would be uploaded to a viz owned server and hosted by viz, opening up viz as a company to legal action.

Most people are not smart enough to understand copyright law and viz doesn't want to be responsible for a user getting pissed and uploading stuff that would get viz in trouble.

The image album is a pain in the ass, but it protects viz legally.

This is why the photo album feature will likely never be implemented.

May 18th 2009: PM Hell... never forget.
Best post ever!

Always remember

Any sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from evil.
Toma RNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 01:29 PM   #16
SageoftheSixPaths
NOTHING FISH?!

SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Adding on to Toma's post, the possibility of something like a person posting a picture of them wearing Naruto gear NOT made by Viz or one of Viz's child-companies can become an issue.

That's just an example, but things like that can pose issues. There are plenty of other problems at hand that Viz would potentially have to deal with, not to mention the massive amount of data that would need to be transferred from one place to another.

I don't know how much Viz servers can handle, so I don't know if that could become an issue, though.
Old 01-30-2011, 01:32 PM   #17
Toma RNK
Village Counsel Sage
The Dandy Man

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageoftheSixPaths View Post
Adding on to Toma's post, the possibility of something like a person posting a picture of them wearing Naruto gear NOT made by Viz or one of Viz's child-companies can become an issue.

That's just an example, but things like that can pose issues. There are plenty of other problems at hand that Viz would potentially have to deal with, not to mention the massive amount of data that would need to be transferred from one place to another.

I don't know how much Viz servers can handle, so I don't know if that could become an issue, though.
It couldn't, but I could upload porn, or a picture of another member against their will.

Worse yet if something bad were to happen to one of our members, say suicide, tragic murder, or terrorist attacks, and it became news there are plenty of journalists who would hotlink an image here cause they are lazy or incompetent. Then Viz becomes involved in the shitstorm or the lawsuit the bereaved family files against the paper and everyone involved for putting out pictures of their son they are not happy about.

The parents would lose, but viz would incur serious legal costs, which they are unsurprisingly not happy to expose themselves to.

May 18th 2009: PM Hell... never forget.
Best post ever!

Always remember

Any sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from evil.
Toma RNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 01:35 PM   #18
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Awards Showcase

That's cool. I don't mind. Lock please.
Old 01-30-2011, 01:36 PM   #19
SageoftheSixPaths
NOTHING FISH?!

SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toma RNK View Post
It couldn't, but I could upload porn, or a picture of another member against their will.

Worse yet if something bad were to happen to one of our members, say suicide, tragic murder, or terrorist attacks, and it became news there are plenty of journalists who would hotlink an image here cause they are lazy or incompetent. Then Viz becomes involved in the shitstorm or the lawsuit the bereaved family files against the paper and everyone involved for putting out pictures of their son they are not happy about.

The parents would lose, but viz would incur serious legal costs, which they are unsurprisingly not happy to expose themselves to.
But wouldn't that be a form of copyright infringement? I mean that in regards to the non-Viz Naruto thing. I was thinking of it along the lines of posting images from the anime or linking to manga sites. Minor stuff, but illegal nonetheless.

Your example is a bit darker than I was trying to go for, but it proves the point more concisely.
Old 01-30-2011, 01:37 PM   #20
Kunoichi
Easily Bribed

Kunoichi just might be Kage someday.
Kunoichi just might be Kage someday.Kunoichi just might be Kage someday.Kunoichi just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Sun Tasogare View Post
Why make a whole subforum with TONS of threads, rather than keep it in one thread?
I was thinking users could delete their own threads but that's a different forum so disregard my previous suggestion.

Spoiler:

Kunoichi is offline   Reply With Quote