Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Mall > Series Discussion

Series Discussion Got a favorite Anime or Manga you'd like to talk about? Maybe a Light or Visual Novel you think is interesting? Bring it all here!

View Poll Results: Is Bleach a Yes or a No? or in between?
Yes! 18 45.00%
In between! 10 25.00%
No! 12 30.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-08-2011, 04:32 PM   #181
Taker369
Has Surpassed Outdoor Activities
Coca Cola Disciple

Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Bleach - why it isnt a great series

just because you hate it ?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Spoiler:
Tifa Legacy is now in my sig =3

YouTube:
src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">
Taker369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 04:42 PM   #182
NarutoUzumaki12
Special Jonin Candidate

NarutoUzumaki12 has completed a tough C-rank mission!NarutoUzumaki12 has completed a tough C-rank mission!NarutoUzumaki12 has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HachibiXSenpai View Post
kubo just needs to end the manga, 'nuff said
then kishi needs to end naruto after the war

Naruto is Finnaly where it belongs on Toonami

Currently playing: Assassin's Creed 3

Spoiler:
Rest in peace Neji

NarutoUzumaki12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 10:27 PM   #183
Miles Edgeworth
Special Jonin Candidate

Miles Edgeworth is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Miles Edgeworth is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Miles Edgeworth is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Miles Edgeworth is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Miles Edgeworth is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Send a message via AIM to Miles Edgeworth Send a message via MSN to Miles Edgeworth

Well at least now Bleach seems to be picking up just a tad.

I don't know if it'll catch up to Naruto though, Naruto's been on the rise ever since Sasuke stopped getting screen time.
Miles Edgeworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 04:29 PM   #184
NarutoUzumaki12
Special Jonin Candidate

NarutoUzumaki12 has completed a tough C-rank mission!NarutoUzumaki12 has completed a tough C-rank mission!NarutoUzumaki12 has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles Edgeworth View Post
Well at least now Bleach seems to be picking up just a tad.

I don't know if it'll catch up to Naruto though, Naruto's been on the rise ever since Sasuke stopped getting screen time.
well it could.I mean Kishi could give the entire spotlight to Sasuke again..Hopefully not.But Bleach is getting more intresting at this moment

Naruto is Finnaly where it belongs on Toonami

Currently playing: Assassin's Creed 3

Spoiler:
Rest in peace Neji

NarutoUzumaki12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 10:20 PM   #185
Miles Edgeworth
Special Jonin Candidate

Miles Edgeworth is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Miles Edgeworth is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Miles Edgeworth is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Miles Edgeworth is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Miles Edgeworth is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Send a message via AIM to Miles Edgeworth Send a message via MSN to Miles Edgeworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarutoUzumaki12 View Post
well it could.I mean Kishi could give the entire spotlight to Sasuke again..Hopefully not.But Bleach is getting more intresting at this moment
Well that'd be a really, really, really horrible idea. Especially with Kishi's streak of win here.

Bleach is getting better now but considering all the other worse mangas like Naruto and KHR seem to be getting good all of a sudden, it has some tough competition ahead.
Miles Edgeworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 02:09 AM   #186
Kubo
Freshmen Academy Student

Kubo is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

*bump*

Bleach used to be My fav series. But the numerous plot holes, Kubo's trolling, and stale plot simply killed it. If that was not enough, it from a original Anime to a DBZ copycat.

Edit:

As Sticky said, no fan art, sorry. Please do not do this again.

Last edited by Wooster; 04-26-2011 at 06:49 AM.
Kubo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 02:21 AM   #187
mrsticky005

mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubo View Post
*bump*

Bleach used to be My fav series. But the numerous plot holes, Kubo's trolling, and stale plot simply killed it. If that was not enough, it from a original Anime to a DBZ copycat.

Edit:
Amusing but fan art isn't allowed...Even silly ones.

Spam once and the forum will be annoyed.
Spam twice and warnings will be deployed
Spam thrice and a infraction you will receive
Spam 8,984 times and a FAIL Agent you''ll soon be.

...At least in my case.

Last edited by Wooster; 04-26-2011 at 06:49 AM.
mrsticky005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 07:55 AM   #188
Wind Style Naruto
Special Jonin Candidate

Wind Style Naruto has completed a tough C-rank mission!Wind Style Naruto has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Seriuosly is it really neccessary to revive this dead thread.

Its basically Devil May Cry(or Bayonetta) meets Dead or Alive meets Streets of Rage meets Street Fighter meets Power Stone meets Vanquish in gameplay but in essence its DragonBall Z meets One Piece meets Berserk meets Naruto.

Here is the thread:

Wind Style Naruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 05:17 PM   #189
Narutosan
Special Jonin Candidate

Narutosan saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!Narutosan saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrall View Post
The Downfall Of Bleach Manga

(Yeah! Now this is a really title! Nothing like: Bleach - Why isnt a great series!)

Many of you are saying that Bleach manga is better than Naruto manga. I even heard from a few members that its even better that One Piece manga. But is it really? The answer is.......no, it isnt. Why? Let me explain:

Bleach is sinking quickly but apperantly Kubo doesnt realize that. He thinks that if he continues doing what hes doing, Bleach will always be able to compete with its rivals and be one of the top manga in business. But what is Kubo really doing wrong?

The Manga Design:

Well for starters Kubo when drawing often uses this big huge panels. Apparently he never realized that using huge panels are pretty useless unless a manga writer wants to emphasize an important scene. It can be used in one, two mawbe three scenes on the same chapter but if its used more than that, the chapter will be ruined. Besides if Kubo could control the space of the paper that he has more efficiently not only the Bleach series (both manga and anime) would be way more ahead.

Speaking in space I have a question: Why does Kubo always put the title of a chapter on a big black rectangle instead on a corner where its manga writer rivals put in?

Moving on: Whats the deal ALWAYS ending a Bleach chapter putting the fans in a position "Whats going to happen next?" or "Dont end it! I was reading the good part!"? As far as Im concern nobody likes that. Take One Piece chapter 602 as an example: the capter ended with Luffy saying "We are going to Fisherman Island!" Simple or is it to hard to Kubo to understand?

A lot of people say that Bleach art is great and one of the best arts out there in the manga industry. IF I wasn't an artist myself I would agree with you, but sadly, since I'm an artist myself, I don't. I'm not saying the art itself overall is bad, but I'm also not saying it I ever saw. Bleach manga is overdone! It contains to much detail and it has lost it's personality. Keep plain and simple. Add just a few details. But don't over do it.

Now that youve heard this part of the story, lets move for the real important aspects!

The Plot and the Characters:

But what really bothers me the most is the fact that the storyplot is unorganised and it doesnt have a sense of direction: the fight with Aizen and his servents began years ago and it only ended recently (in the manga). The overall arc (since the apperance of the Arrancar to Aizens defeat) took ages: about 4-5 years. It doesnt really matter if the fights are great, if the plot is going nowhere. Speaking on battles and time management: how come the batlle with the Espada took so many episodes and the battle with Tosen only took two episodes (in the series)? 2 episodes = 5 or 6 manga chapters. Im guessing the battle against Aizen will be the same.

Than we move on to the characters themselves, and I would like to talk about one character in particular. Guess who? Ichigo Kurosaki. In a away I like him: he can be firm and consisted, he also possesses knowledge being able to show some experience from his battles, however most of the times, when overcome by an enemys power, he despairs and becomes insecure, and when this happen he tendes to lose his battles. Ichigo is very possible the main character with more defeats than more victorys that I know. If you think about it this also contributes for the downfall of the plot:

An enemy appears => The main character is overpower by him/she (or even it) => The main character despairs and becomes vulnerable => The main character gets a boost of power and defeats his enemy => the main character reflection afterwards => An enemy appears....
And this goes on and on and on.

Aizen monologues: Why? I keep asking myself why. Aizen theories arent helping Bleach progreding, but since he wont appear anymore (hopefully) I dont have anything to say about it. Even Ichigo said he was bored with Aizen theories.

I think its absurd the amount of power Ichigo acquired from the Final Getsuga Tensho, I was exepecting him to grow a little stronger to be able to fight with Aizen in equal terms not strong like stronger than the real villain himself. But I found even more ridiculous, how much time it took Ichigo to figure it out how to acquire it, "...by accepting your blade. Thats how you acquire the FGT." I mean how much time does it take to obtain it? Apperantly a really long time, so long that even Ichigos hair grows bigger.

The Background of the Characters is a little bit confused, if you ask me. When I think about "background", "history" and "characters", I think in one character in particular: Grimmjow! We only know half about his story. What happened to him anyway: Did he died? Hes he still unconscious (after 17 months)? This is what really bothers me. When you start a flashback, you end it. Be good or be bad, you end it! Otherwise you make people think (I speak for myself) that the manga is no good.

Your point? what's the big deal? there's nothing wrong with bleach.
Narutosan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 05:19 PM   #190
Taker369
Has Surpassed Outdoor Activities
Coca Cola Disciple

Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

Awards Showcase

why did you bump this ? man the last thing we need is for bleach haters to come and start up sigh.

Spoiler:
Tifa Legacy is now in my sig =3

YouTube:
src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">
Taker369 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bleach, downfall