Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Battlegrounds Versus Debates > Battlegrounds HQ

Battlegrounds HQ The headquarters of the debating area. Introduce yourself here, get to know other Battlegrounds, and discuss the details and events of the BG.

Old 01-11-2011, 11:24 AM   #1
Lady Tsunade
Old.

Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.
Default Sakura somewhat dodged World Order?

I relooked that whole Sasori fight, and I noticed something I hadn't done before.

While it is important to remember that it was because of Chiyo that Sakura managed to get far in her fight with Sasori, she did show a few evasive feats of her own, and although they were basic - Chiyo and Sakuras continual reference to them made me waiting for more impressive ones to come along. As I flicked through the pages, I did come across one in particular that impressed me. Though I needed others opinions on this before I could come to a conclusion of whether she actually did it or not, as its a bit iffy.

Okay so, Chapter 270, pages 11-12. We see World Order rain down onto the battlefield, Sakura is pulled backwards by Chiyo as the attack nears her body.

By chapter 13, we see that Chiyo has been knocked to the ground, with a boulder crushing her arm. Her eyes appear closed, and as she wakes up - she finds that the Sand has already landed, and Sakuras standing in the midst of it all.

Then, on chapter 14. We see Sakura standing with several cuts on her body. The poison seeps into her system, and by page 15 - she falls to the ground.

Now, Sakura was hit ,which is important to remember, however - considering World Order was strong enough to smash boulders, and covered an absoloutly huge radius, it is strange that Sakura came out with nothing but a few cuts. Sakura should've been impaled in many different parts of her body, however escaped such damage.

Now, would this not prove, that while being in a space which highly restricted movement [due to the close together nature of the spikes of World Order] that she was able to at least move her body out of the way from many attacks in different directions? Her torso and head[to a degree] in particular must've been moved? Sakura may have dodged better with Chiyo aiding her. But thats not really the point

Did Sakura avoid taking serious damage from this attack, which was fairly quick, and had a huge radius? Discuss.
Lady Tsunade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 11:33 AM   #2
Ultimate combatant
Special Jonin Candidate

Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Default Re: Sakura somewhat dodged World Order?

Even so, she is still no way near Shizune, let alone Tsunade!!!
Ultimate combatant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 11:37 AM   #3
Lady Tsunade
Old.

Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Shizune has few feats. Sakura has far more, and her ability to give S Rank Sasori trouble is better than anything Shizune has ever done. Sakura has also healed greater wounds than Shizune has. Shizune was limited to healing Nejis great wounds, though had help from other medics. I believe it was Tsunade who healed Choji?

Though granted she's not at Tsunades level. Anyway, you're supposed to debating whetherh or not Sakura avoided this >_>
Old 01-11-2011, 11:40 AM   #4
Ultimate combatant
Special Jonin Candidate

Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Tsunade View Post
Shizune has few feats. Sakura has far more, and her ability to give S Rank Sasori trouble is better than anything Shizune has ever done. Sakura has also healed greater wounds than Shizune has. Shizune was limited to healing Nejis great wounds, though had help from other medics. I believe it was Tsunade who healed Choji?

Though granted she's not at Tsunades level. Anyway, you're supposed to debating whetherh or not Sakura avoided this >_>
When I said she`s not Shizune level, I meant storywise, not by feats.

Anway, she probably did. I don`t see any reasons against it!!!
Ultimate combatant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 11:45 AM   #5
Lady Tsunade
Old.

Story level I'd say she is too tbh lol
Old 01-11-2011, 11:56 AM   #6
Revived Kakuzu
Chunin Exam Participant

Revived Kakuzu is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Uhh... I think Sakura dodged by using some sort of ricochet tactic. i.e., she dodged one spike by kicking or pushing off of it, and used the backthrust to move out of the way of the other?
Revived Kakuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 01:20 PM   #7
J-Sun Tasogare
is secretly a carebear

J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

It could've just missed her. Without SEEING the actuary panel where it landed, and seeing her dodge it, we can't say she dodged it.
J-Sun Tasogare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 01:21 PM   #8
Uchiha Raimaru
Special Jonin Candidate

Uchiha Raimaru has completed a tough C-rank mission!Uchiha Raimaru has completed a tough C-rank mission!Uchiha Raimaru has completed a tough C-rank mission!

World Order could have easily impaled her, but didn't. Yeah, Chiyo helped her, but considering she was on the ground and surprised to see Sakura almost makes it seem like a non-factor. She pulled Sakura toward her, but it still wasn't out of range. While she herself may not have covered a great distance, this is at least a good evasive feat.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Uchiha Raimaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 01:25 PM   #9
Lady Tsunade
Old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Sun Tasogare View Post
It could've just missed her. Without SEEING the actuary panel where it landed, and seeing her dodge it, we can't say she dodged it.
Very unlikely :/ Considering the amount of spikes and how close together they were.

Also, if the spikes were so close together that they caused so many scratches to her body in the same places , what are the chances of all of them just tearing past her leg, cheek etc. instead of at least some impaling her.

Though, point granted - that whatever happened, it was Off panel.
Old 01-11-2011, 01:34 PM   #10
tyrell4life194
Banned

tyrell4life194 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Sasori does have extremely accurate presision and aiming abilities when it comes to using World Order. However, we can't necessarily say Sakura dodged the spikes, because as Lady Tsunade have stated, it was Off Panel. We can assume that Sakura dodged the spikes, because, as stated by J-Sun, just missed Sakura. However, we can't be so sure that Sakura dodged it, because we couldn't see her dodge the spikes. That's why I've came up with these 3 options of what happened:
1. Sasori just missed Sakura.
2. Sakura dodged the spikes.
3. The reason why Sasori missed Sakura, because he didn't want to kill her.

That's all I can think of.
tyrell4life194 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 04:48 PM   #11
J-Sun Tasogare
is secretly a carebear

J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrell4life194 View Post
Sasori does have extremely accurate presision and aiming abilities when it comes to using World Order. However, we can't necessarily say Sakura dodged the spikes, because as Lady Tsunade have stated, it was Off Panel. We can assume that Sakura dodged the spikes, because, as stated by J-Sun, just missed Sakura. However, we can't be so sure that Sakura dodged it, because we couldn't see her dodge the spikes. That's why I've came up with these 3 options of what happened:
1. Sasori just missed Sakura.
2. Sakura dodged the spikes.
3. The reason why Sasori missed Sakura, because he didn't want to kill her.

That's all I can think of.
You don't need accuracy when an ability covers a wide scope.

1. Possibly
2. Unlikely, Chiyo could've easily done it.
3. Don't see that happening.
Old 01-11-2011, 05:25 PM   #12
The 1st Hokage
Monster Disciple

Location: Bein' naked in your closet. Don't worry, I'm not comin out.
The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Awards Showcase

Though it happened off-panel, It's safe to assume that Sakura dodged it, but the fact she did without any help is debatable.

Quote:
I looked at the post and laughed SO HARD again! I hate you, 1st Hokage.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I AM STRAIGHT FOR VEX<3

I AM ALSO GAY FOR JONESY<3
The 1st Hokage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 05:44 PM   #13
J-Sun Tasogare
is secretly a carebear

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 1st Hokage View Post
Though it happened off-panel, It's safe to assume that Sakura dodged it, but the fact she did without any help is debatable.
No really. Any number of things could've happened.
Old 01-11-2011, 05:49 PM   #14
The 1st Hokage
Monster Disciple

The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Awards Showcase

I highly, highly doubt Sasori just "missed".

Quote:
I AM STRAIGHT FOR VEX<3

Old 01-11-2011, 07:27 PM   #15
Kuromaki
Sage of Starbucks Coffee

Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

It's called PnJ. There was a convenient space between the spikes and Sakura, so it probably missed, and it was off panel, so we don't really know. Sakura couldn't do anything about it when it was formed either, and Chiyo had to pull her away so she could avoid the first set of spikes.

Kuromaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 12:21 PM   #16
tyrell4life194
Banned

^Basically this.

I don't know why there is so much PnJ. One of the reasons why the series is so corrupt nowadays.
Old 01-12-2011, 06:53 PM   #17
The 1st Hokage
Monster Disciple

Awards Showcase

Ya know, it's been some time since the BG has been all like "PNJ Did it!" but during that part of the series, PnJ was huge.

Quote:
I AM STRAIGHT FOR VEX<3

Old 01-13-2011, 06:38 AM   #18
TheBlackChidori
Special Jonin Candidate

TheBlackChidori is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 1st Hokage View Post
Ya know, it's been some time since the BG has been all like "PNJ Did it!" but during that part of the series, PnJ was huge.
So you would argue that, for instance, Naruto > Neji during the Chunin Exams without Gamabunta?
TheBlackChidori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 01:14 PM   #19
tyrell4life194
Banned

Naruto was whooping Neji's ass, because of plot.
Old 01-13-2011, 01:57 PM   #20
TheBlackChidori
Special Jonin Candidate

TheBlackChidori is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Awards Showcase

Naruto got his ass beat, and connected like one hit the whole match. Still, he won against someone who was clearly superior to him in every way.

That is plot no jutsu. This isn't.

Sakura dodging most of an attack that should have crushed her is a feat, whether it was seen or not. Let me give you a for instance.

If we're reading the Gaara Vs. Rock Lee fight, and we go from a panel that shows Gaara forming his sand about to smash Rock Lee, to a panel showing Lee standing up, hurt but scraped up from the sand.

It's safe to assume he dodged or tanked the brunt of it.
TheBlackChidori is offline   Reply With Quote