Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Naruto Discussion Forum > Naruto Manga Discussion > Naruto Manga Archives

Naruto Manga Archives A collection of some of the best theories and discussions that Town Bookstore has to offer.

Old 01-06-2011, 01:23 PM   #121
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Just let Obito be dead all ready: The Official Madara=Tobi Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerosameri View Post
Ah.

My god that thread. I never hated a thread so much. He should at lest of said that he was Sasuke mom. SHE even has more of a chance than obito.
That thread shows how he was not arguing from reason but by belief.
When events from the manga trashed his initial reasons, he changed why and how Obito is Tobi. Thus, he started with that hypothesis and choose and cherry picked facts that supported said crack-pot theory.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 01-06-2011, 01:26 PM   #122
zerosameri

zerosameri just might be Kage someday.
zerosameri just might be Kage someday.zerosameri just might be Kage someday.zerosameri just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooster View Post
That thread shows how he was not arguing from reason but by belief.
When events from the manga trashed his initial reasons, he changed why and how Obito is Tobi. Thus, he started with that hypothesis and choose and cherry picked facts that supported said crack-pot theory.
If your are going to argue, you need reason.

And that's why he failed at it. You can not cherry pick facts you like. If I did that I could say Naruto and Sasuke are brothers.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 01-06-2011, 01:43 PM   #123
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerosameri View Post
If your are going to argue, you need reason.

And that's why he failed at it. You can not cherry pick facts you like. If I did that I could say Naruto and Sasuke are brothers.
I want to see that thread.

Old 01-06-2011, 02:55 PM   #124
zerosameri

zerosameri just might be Kage someday.zerosameri just might be Kage someday.zerosameri just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
I want to see that thread.
If I picked the facts I like, I could make a good-failed argument saying Sasuke and Naruto are brothers while Madara is a cousin. But If I did that, we all know what will happen.

Last edited by zerosameri; 01-13-2011 at 10:42 AM. Reason: while
Old 01-13-2011, 10:41 AM   #125
SilentBlade
Special Jonin Candidate

SilentBlade is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.SilentBlade is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
SilentBlade is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.SilentBlade is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.SilentBlade is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

You know, I agree with the fact that Kishi want's us to follow this line of thinking that Tobi is Madara, but we should consider motivation more so than just what we are being lead to believe. While it could be completely possible, from what we know about Madara, his motivation was never really world dominance! His goal was always to further the Uchiha clan and to make it strong, to protect it (so for the most part a noble goal).

We consider Tobi has no real noble goal, while we know that Madara and Hashirama fought a last big battle, and while we know that it is difficult to get a long with a former enemy being now in charge along with discrimination from that leader, one could still argue that even that would not prompt someone to take over the world! Also it seems very counter to Madara's beliefs to so simply discard Sauske or even use him as a token being an Uchiha and having him be the last of the Uchiha clan.

Tobi appears to be much more sinister than Madara, where Madara was noble and looking out for his clan, Tobi is more focused on himself and world domination. I suppose my argument is to say that Tobi may not be Madara, and the solution to his real identity is still an issue (meaning this isn't a Tobi=x, but a Tobi = ?).
Old 01-13-2011, 10:44 AM   #126
zerosameri

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentBlade View Post
You know, I agree with the fact that Kishi want's us to follow this line of thinking that Tobi is Madara, but we should consider motivation more so than just what we are being lead to believe. While it could be completely possible, from what we know about Madara, his motivation was never really world dominance! His goal was always to further the Uchiha clan and to make it strong, to protect it (so for the most part a noble goal).

We consider Tobi has no real noble goal, while we know that Madara and Hashirama fought a last big battle, and while we know that it is difficult to get a long with a former enemy being now in charge along with discrimination from that leader, one could still argue that even that would not prompt someone to take over the world! Also it seems very counter to Madara's beliefs to so simply discard Sauske or even use him as a token being an Uchiha and having him be the last of the Uchiha clan.

Tobi appears to be much more sinister than Madara, where Madara was noble and looking out for his clan, Tobi is more focused on himself and world domination. I suppose my argument is to say that Tobi may not be Madara, and the solution to his real identity is still an issue (meaning this isn't a Tobi=x, but a Tobi = ?).
Then you should go to D330's thread saying Madara = him = Him = Him = Him

Old 01-13-2011, 12:15 PM   #127
SilentBlade
Special Jonin Candidate

SilentBlade is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.SilentBlade is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
SilentBlade is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.SilentBlade is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.SilentBlade is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

ah, but thats the thing, it puts that mystery back on to who Madara really is. It should make the consideration of others that perhaps had more sinister view of the world to be taken into account? While I agree it's not Obito (which would also lack motivation), what would motivate Madara to take vengence any further than the leaf village?
Old 01-13-2011, 08:18 PM   #128
Uchiha_Itachi93
Genin

Uchiha_Itachi93 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: Just let Obito be dead all ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivi View Post
Yellow.
Also what gives you the right to tell People to let him be dead?
It's Fiction.It's a Theory and damn sure not up to you to tell People to "Let it go".

while many people think that Tobi is Obito, he is not! we all know this for a fact. Look I don't mind when people have theories like this, when it first came out I was veryinterested, but now it has gone too far. Another thing I was thinking of was that Obito's entire right side and his left leg too was completly crushed. a small portion of his righ side of his face was also crushed. If by chance Tobi is Obito, how did he gain his body back. When Madara finally gets the rinnegan, we can see that both of his eyes work. And his has complete function of all his limbs. If he somehow regrew them or someone else healed them, then why didn't they do that to save Obito in the first place?

And plus when Madara went to steal the nine tailsand confronted Minato, don't you think that the timeline between then and the Third great ninja war is alittle soon for "Obito" to have made a full recovery? He would not have been able to fight with Minato the way he did. And don't you think that Minato would be able to reconize his own student?
"People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define "reality". But what does it mean to be "correct" or "true"? Merely vague concepts ... their "reality" may all be a mirage. Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs?" Uchiha Itachi-Sama
Old 01-14-2011, 08:25 AM   #129
Pierrot
Apprentice Genin

Pierrot is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: Just let Obito be dead all ready

Quote:
Not to be a jack***, but if Obito is dead couldn't Kabuto summon him then?

But really there is no way Obito is Tobi. In mrsticky's devil's advocate thread. We actually found it led to a logical fallacy. Therefore, even if Kishimoto did it, there would be a massive plot hole.
Kabuto: Oh! I couldnt summon him because I might hurt my back lifting all those rocks! I could always get Kakashi's sharingan, but noooooo It would be too much work!
Kabuto: I cant summon Jiraiya, because it would hurt being under all that pressure! Sure I can use my perfect intelligence and some random jutsu to survive the pressure, but thats too much WORK!!!!!!!

Kabuto is a lazy !@#$

It is coming along fine

If I act as if I am the Producer of Naruto Shippuden Anime, I am probably doing it for teh lulz

Old 12-02-2011, 05:22 PM   #130
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Heehee, zero. I pulled this out of the archives for you. :3

Old 12-02-2011, 05:28 PM   #131
zerosameri

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Heehee, zero. I pulled this out of the archives for you. :3
Right as I saw this I said "F he is dead"

I still have "what the hell man" after shock...

Old 12-02-2011, 05:39 PM   #132
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Yes, Tobi is not Madara; he is zero. YOUR SECRET IS OUT

Old 02-23-2012, 10:11 PM   #133
AfterDark
Ninja Academy Student

AfterDark is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Madara can't be Tobi because he was revived with the Edo Tensei so who knows what or who Tobi is.