Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Leaf Village Council > Forum Feedback & Issues

Forum Feedback & Issues Having problems using the forums or site? Maybe you have some feedback about the site you'd like to share? Post it here.

Old 12-08-2010, 06:09 PM   #41
trouble88
Making It Duoble
Special Hunter Ninja
WS-Genin

Location: playing pokemonxy with KazekageGaara and Fluttershy
trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via AIM to trouble88 Send a message via MSN to trouble88 Send a message via Skype™ to trouble88
Default Re: ANBU Mission.

I need work buddy ^^

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
You stole my heart from the day we met^////^
Forum frist buddies: JAFL,KU
Member of the Forum ANBU PM me for help

trouble88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 06:11 PM   #42
Red
sorry red :(

Red is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Red is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Red is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Red is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Red is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Q: What is the criteria that a battle will be judged on?

A: There are many things that a battle will be judged upon:

-Storyline - It is always nice to include story in your narrative.
-Creativity - No on wants a bland and dull battle, be creative.
-Description - What's going on around you? What exactly are you doing?
-Use of Author's Craft (Spelling, Grammar, Mechanics) - You do not need to be perfect or even great. But seriously, it will increase your chances of victory if your post doesn't say something like, "I ten tak ot my bg blde an slshes u up wit it."
-Realism - In this system, godmodding is pretty much impossible. However, be realistic, it will earn you tons of brownie points.
-Word Limit - Should be followed.

Q: What are the word limits for a battle?

A: There are different word limit categories for different battles:

Short Battle - Word Limit: 500
Decent Length Battle - Word Limit: up to 1000 (this means the limit could be 750, 600, etc...)
Longer Battle - Word Limit: up to 1500 (means the same as the "up to 1000")
Extreme Battle - Word Limit: up to 2000 (you know what this means)

Q: How do I request a specific battle?

A: There are three different types of battles to choose from:

-Challenge Battle

-Randomized Battle

-Chosen Battle

A challenge battle would basically be one person, let's just use me as an example, wanted to fight a certain other person, let's make Maik and I as examples. I would make an announcement thread in the Training Grounds that looks like this:

"(Challenge) Redkk95 VS. Maikeru Shinigami!"

And then, when Maik sees the thread, he would post in it saying whether he accepts the challenge or ignores it. If he accepts it, they will make a Judge Request thread in a specific section called Input a Battle that will look like this:

"[Judge Request] (Challenge) Redkk95 VS. Maikeru Shinigami"

And the judge will make a thread for the two players to write their narratives that would look like this:

"CHALLENGE BATTLE: Redkk95 VS. Maikeru Shinigami!"

A randomized battle would work more like a roulette kind of thing. Say that I wanted a battle, but I didn't know who I wanted to battle, nor did I have any preferences or care for who I would end up battling. Then, I would make an announcement thread like this:

"(Randomized) Redkk95 VS. ?"

Then, I would wait for 3 people to post saying that they want to battle. Then, I will post in the Judge Requests area this:

"[Judge Request] (Randomized) Redkk95 VS. ?"

And in the OP of the thread, post a link to the announcement thread, where the judge will look at the three people who offered to battle me. The judge will then RANDOMLY choose one of them for me to battle, for example let's say they chose Snowy for me to battle, and post in the Judge Request thread who I would be battling. Then, they would make a thread where we would write our narratives, titled:

"RANDOMIZED BATTLE: Redkk95 VS. Snowy Owl!"

A chosen battle would almost be the median of randomized and a challenge battle. Say that I didn't know who I wanted to battle, but I didn't really want to battle anyone who was TOO much stronger than me. Then, I would make an announcement thread looking like this:

"(Chosen) Redkk95 VS. ?"

Then, I would let people post in this thread who would like to accept my request. I wouldn't have to stop after the first three, I could let this go on as long as I wanted. Then, I would chose one of them that I would like to battle (hence the name Chosen Battle) and tell them that I accept. Let's say I chose RockyL as my opponent. Then, I would make a judge request thread like this:

"[Judge Request] (Chosen) Redkk95 VS. RockyL"

And the judge would make a battle thread where they would write their narratives that looks like this:

"CHOSEN BATTLE: Redkk95 VS. RockyL!"

Q: Okay, now that I know how to initiate a battle, how do I actually battle?

A: After the judge makes the thread with the location and restrictions, if any. Then the actual battle begins.
No one has to "go first." There are no turns; each battler only writes one narrative. Each player does their own SEPERATE AND DIFFERENT narrative. This means that they could COMPLETELY contradict each other. I.E., you don't counter your opponent's moves, you start right from the beginning and make up your opponent's moves as you go along. So, in essence, your opponent can use "Water Style: Water Bullets" in their narrative while running along the lake in their own narrative, while in your narrative, you're opponent can stay in the grass far from the lake and use "Water Style: Rain Clouds". YOU make it up; you write an ENTIRE battle between you and your opponent, not the first or second half of it. All you really need to do is follow the criteria given for judging.

Here's an example of a narrative done by Maik:

Spoiler:
It was the final round of the Chunin Exams tournament, as Melinkai stood across the sandy battlefield from his greatest friend and rival, Tohru Nakama. Both participants had fought with their entire heart and soul to get this far, Tohru having won his last match as the underdog, and Melinkai having won his last three as the underdog, defeating the most promising team's three members back to back to back. Once again, Melinkai was considered the underdog due to Tohru's extreme skill.

Starting off, the two would bow to each other, as the referee raised her hand into the air. "Ready, set, go," she yelled, as the final match of the tournament began. To start things off, Tohru would run quickly toward Melinkai as he made a couple hand signs. T: "Lightning Style: Strikedown Stream", with that said, Tohru sent five lightning bolts directly toward Melinkai. Melinkai swiftly jumped to the left out of the way of the three that came to his left side and made his own handsigns. M: "Fire Style: Crispy Desires", sending a large blast of fire from the palm of his hands at the lightning bolts, causing them to burn to a crisp in the air. The three lightning bolts that missed him, crashed into the walls of the stadium, catching a couple audience members with it.

Next thing Melinkai knew, his blast of fire had been blocked by a large wall of water created by Tohru, T: "Water Style: Wall of Protection". Before Melinkai knew what was going on, Tohru had appeared directly beside him, sending a sharp right jab toward Melinkai's jaw. Melinkai turned his face just enough to not be hurt too badly, as the blast sent him spiraling toward the stadium walls. Luckily, Melinkai was able to land feet first on the wall, as he flowed his chakra onto his feet to land on it safely, but still causing it to break a bit.

Melinkai pushed his hand toward the wall, jumped down and rushed toward Tohru again, looking to create another jutsu. M: "Water Style: Fists of Serpentine", Melinkai yelled, as he punched forward with his fists, sending two twisting steams of water at his opponent. With precise observation, Tohru was able to jump out of the way of the water which lightly hit the stadium wall. As he jumped into the air, Tohru made some more hand signs and pulled out his long sword. "Lightning Style: Shock Sword", Tohru yelled out, as his sword become enveloped in lightning. "Fall Melinkai," he screamed as he came in blade first toward Melinkai.

At the last moment, Melinkai was able to move quickly to the right and narrowly avoid the strike, as he jumped into the air above Tohru's body and sent a kick toward his abdomen. Tohru, not fooled, was able to twist his body around and block the kick with his lightning sword. The sword caught Melinkai's shin, causing Melinkai's leg to scar from his knee down to his foot, due to the electric shock. Luckily, Melinkai was able to focus his chakra well enough, that the sword didn't completely cut it off. Tohru was hurt slightly as the kick hit him and caused him to fall onto the ground below. The combination of the sword and his injured leg striking Tohru, caused Melinkai to become partially crippled as he hit the ground. Much more injured than Tohru at this point.

It appeared as though Melinkai didn't have what it took to beat Tohru, as he cringed in pain while bringing himself back up to his feet. Tohru stood looking at him and spoke, "Is this all you got Melinkai? I've fought Academy Students with better skill than you. No matter, I think I'll just go ahead and end this now," Tohru declared as he resheathed his sword. Melinkai prepared for the worst, and watched as Tohru made a plethora of hand signs, which prompted Melinkai to begin making his own.

At the same time, the two of them yelled out, M: "Water Style: Infernal Twister" and T: "Lightning Style: Cone of the God". Tohru's giant cone of lightning, rushed toward Melinkai's water twister, with insane speed, and was able to pierce through after a slight struggle. The cone went through, smashing into Melinkai's chest, which sent Melinkai flying backwards, flipping on the ground from his back to his side and onto his stomach. The water twister reached Tohru as well, but not in a very strong form, as it barely caused Tohru to scar, and only made Tohru fall onto a knee.

When Melinkai arose, he had black scars all over his body, as blood rushed from his chest onto his shirt, and began to pour down the left side of his mouth. "I have to figure out something," Melinkai said to himself. But before he could think any further, Tohru appeared above him sending a vertical strike with his long sword, toward Melinkai's head. Pulling out his katana, Melinkai held it above him, to block Tohru's strike. They stood at a standoff on the ground, as they tried to push each other back and forth. Melinkai, dropped to his left knee trying to block the blade before sending a sweeping kick toward his Tohru's leg. Tohru jumped quickly, causing him to forget about defending Melinkai's sword, as Melinkai stopped blocking and sent a horizontal slash toward Tohru's chest.

Barely noticing in time, Tohru stepped back just enough so that the blade would only go an eight of an inch into his chest, still enough to make him bleed though. Tohru and Melinkai then kneeled close to each other, breathing pretty heavily, though Melinkai was obviously more in pain. As Tohru got up to his feet, Melinkai slid across the ground and sent and upward kick toward Tohru's chest, which sent Tohru flying backwards. Tohru landed on his back as his blade fell out of his hand. Melinkai then held firmly onto his katana and rushed in toward Tohru. Once he was close enough, Melinkai jumped high into the air and down toward his fallen enemy aiming to land a strike with his katana, straight toward Tohru's larynx.

Tohru moved away at the very last second, as Melinkai let go of his sword after striking the ground. Staring down Tohru, he began his own hand signs, as Tohru mimicked them. M and T: "Water Style: Volley Spears". The jutsu sent ten spears each at both opponents. Tohru easily dodged the first three as Melinkai dodged the first one. Afterwards, Melinkai's luck ran dry, as he was struck in the chest, shoulders, elbows, right rib cage and knees. Tohru was struck only in his left shin and right shoulder. Melinkai with little to no power left, fell to his stomach as Tohru pulled the spears out of his body.

The referee began a ten count to see if Melinkai could still go. At the eight count, all hope looked lost, but then, Melinkai surprisingly rose to his feet with .08 seconds remaining. "It's been nice toying with you Tohru, but I think it's about time we end this, what do you say?" asked Melinkai as he began slowly walking toward Tohru with a completely beaten and bloody body. "Come on Tohru, you must be ready to lose by now."

"Last I checked, you were the one who was losing, Melinkai," Tohru said with a smirk on his face. Before he knew what was happening though, Melinkai rushed behind him and landed a hard jab with his right fist into Tohru's back. Tohru flew forward toward the stadium wall, crashing into it, causing his body to become nearly as beaten as Melinkai's, but not nearly as bloody. Still appearing to not have an upper hand, Melinkai stood with a smile. Tohru enraged, began more hand signs and yelled out, "T: "Lightning Style: Storm of the End", which sent blasts of lightning toward Melinkai. Melinkai quickly performed, M: "Water Style: Sheet of Water", making a thin sheet of water in front of his body. "What are you thinking Melinkai? That thing isn't nearly big enough to protect you," Tohru yelled as the area where Melinkai stood at was engulfed in an explosion. Tohru confidently began walking toward the referee at the sight of his jutsu apparently working.

However, when Tohru passed the area, he noticed the only thing where Melinkai was last seen standing, was destroyed pieces of the stadium wall. "That doesn't make any sense," Tohru said, "I don't remember a big enough attack being made to send stadium pieces that far into the ring, unless," with those words said, Tohru put up his guard and used T: "Water Style: Impenetrable Armor", making an extremely durable armor of water around his body. Standing around, he looked for any sign of Melinkai, but to no avail. Seconds later, Melinka's voice was heard, M: "Water Style: Suishi Sendo", as a large whirlpool of water was made on the floor of the stadium. The whirlpool sucked in Tohru, and crushed his entire body, causing Tohru to become crippled as his body bleed all over the sand before the whirlpool ceased.

From the air, Melinkai then dropped to the ground, and walked over toward Tohru. As he walked closer, the referee yelled out, ""Your winner is Melinkai," as the audience cheered, but looked on with concern toward Tohru. When Melinkai reached Tohru, Tohru was barely conscious but able to speak, "You alright buddy?" Melinkai asked him.

"Yes, I'm fine Melinkai. But tell me, how were you able to escape my blast at the very end there?" Tohru asked out of curiosity.

"You remember when you sent me crashing into the wall earlier? Well, I figured I would take a piece of the stadium wall with me, so I hid it inside of my pocket. I knew there would be a time in the match where you would believe you had me, and I knew it was coming. Just before the lightning was able to strike me, I threw the wall piece high into the air, between two of the bolts, from behind my back. As soon as I had my sheet of water created, I substituted quickly with the now very high piece of the stadium wall. As soon as I substituted, I jumped as high as I could toward the top of the stadium, and used my chakra enhanced feet, to stick to the top of the stadium. I knew everyone in the stadium would be focused on you and the area where I had been presumed defeated, especially with the explosion. So, I figured it would be the perfect time to launch one of my most powerful attacks. Even your greatest defenses could not have defended against it. You know the rest of the story, and I thank you for a fun fight, you were great," answered Melinkai.

Knowing that Tohru would pass out, Melinkai carried him to a medic after the match, where Tohru was treated thoroughly. Feeling proud of his accomplishment of becoming a Chunin, Melinkai celebrated his victory with his sensei and his team. It would later be announced that Tohru was also promoted to Chunin level, which made not only Tohru smile, but made Melinkai smile as well. The two each having moral victories, went back to their village after the exam, with even more respect for each other than they originally had. Not knowing what would come of them as they were now Chunin, both ninjas were prepared for any adventure that would come their respective ways next.

Q: Now, how will the judge make the judgment for the narratives?

A: The judge would actually judge the narratives based upon how well the players followed the criteria. There is no point scale for the judges, they just decide who did the better job. The post should look something like this:

"Okay, here's the judgment:

Red:
*insert what Red did well and what he did wrong or not as well here*

Rasen_Chidori:
*insert what RC did well and what he did wrong or not as well here*

It was close but the winner is:
*Insert winner here*"

Q: Where will the battle threads be made?

A: The Wars and Battles section of the forum under "The Battle Narrative System."

Q: Can I see a mock battle as an example?

A: Surely.
Spoiler:
Bob vs. John

A three story tall facility that is 50 yards wide and 100 yards long. There are giant glass windows lining the walls, but they are extremely strong and heatproof. The base floor has two giant furnaces in the center with multiple conveyor belts feeding metal into it which then come out as molded weapons such as kunai and shuriken. The second floor is only 20 yards wide and runs down the center of the complex. Here is where the special paper used for explosive tags is made and then cut into the proper proportions before being shipped off. The third floor is basically a series of steel walkways used for maintenance on the huge ceiling lights and various other purposes.
Word Limit - 500 words max.
Turns - 1 turn max
Bob:

Bob looked down onto the second floor of a huge weapon manufacturing facility, he stood on the steel catwalk of the third floor, watching as explosive tags were churned out one after another. As he watched the floor below, he saw movement, there was a whistling sound and Bob saw a kunai ripping through the air towards him.

Reacting quickly, he tweaked his head to the side, allowing the kunai to pass him by and embed itself in the roof behind him. "How foolish, they just gave away their position." He thought to himself, his blood lust was beginning to grow, and he closed his eyes for a brief moment and re-opened them, his irises turned black and a golden zigzag now circled his now silver pupils. "Mijingan" He muttered as he activated his Kekkei Genkai, Bob’s vision widened, he could now see one hundred and eighty degrees around him with ease, he could also see his opponent's 'aura' as they hid among the machinery below.

"Too easy." He thought as he closed his eyes again and suddenly, he seemed to evaporate into nothing, dissolving into nothingness.

His hidden assailent was astounded as his foe suddenly seemed to dissolve in front of his eyes. But he didn't have time to think, as a couple of seconds later, he heard an ever so quiet tap as Bob seemed to rematerialize right behind him.

"Today I paint this place with the juices of your being." Came a soft whisper. The opposing ninja was suddenly striken with fear and he jumped away, landing next to the exploding tag machine, wondering what strange abilities this murdurous ninja possessed. "H-how did you do that?" He stammered, weakly pointing a kunai at Bob.

"That, you shall never know, no-one will." Came the reply and suddenly Bob struck, making handsigns at a blinding rate, he said in a deadly voice. "Wind Style: Slicing Deathwave" and with a thrust of his hand, a powerful wave of razor sharp wind flew at his fear stricken opponent.

Acting quickly his opponent ducked under the front of the wave, but he still recieved a deep gash across his chest. "Ack! How do I beat this guy?" He thought to himself, making handsigns of his own, he said "Fire Style: Stream of Fire!" and a blistering hot stream of fire was launched at Bob.

Bob deftly ducked and pivoted, avoiding the majority of the flames. His sleave caught alight as he jumped away, which he slapped out with a lazy flick of his wrist. Then, he focused one of his Mijingan eyes an exploding tag right behind the ninja, and suddenly, it exploded, setting off a chain reaction of explosions as tag after tag went off, the ninja caught in the crossfire with no-where to run.

As Bob walked away, he thought to himself. "This trip was a waste of time, I didn't find what I came for, and I didn't even get any practice in."
-----------------------
Words – 494

John:
It all started a few hours ago. John's parents were killed right in front of him. His parents had stolen a spam sandwich from a hobo out on the street. It turns out the hobo was a ninja, a strong one at that. He easily slaughtered John's parents, and John was mortified. Not only from the fact his parents were killed, but from the fact that they were killed over a spam sandwich. Spam stinks and doesn't even taste that good.

After that little ordeal, John headed for to the Mass Weapons Factory. He wanted to stock up on some tools to help him combat the hobo. He watched and listened as several conveyor belts feed metal into the two giant furnaces in the center, which he happened to be standing by. Multiple molded weapons such as kunai and shuriken were being churned out of the two furnaces at a rapid rate.

That is when he heard a footstep. Quickly, he picked up a kunai from the conveyor belt and threw it, the kunai neatly slicing through the air. The clang of metal was heard when John’s kunai had met his assailant's shuriken. "Very good," said the mysterious man. "So it wasn't enough that you killed my parents, huh," asked John, glaring at the man. It was the same hobo that killed his parents over that damn sandwich. "One of us will leave this factory alive. The other will be taking a bath in his own blood," stated the young man known as John.

John made handsigns in a complete blur, shouting,"Fire Style: Dragon of Flames." A purely black dragon with icy blue eyes zoomed towards the hobo. He merely chuckled, whispering, "Water Style: Goddess of the Sea." Out of thin air, a beautiful woman of water appeared in front of the dragon. She easily destroyed it with a flick of her mighty shield.

"Go," yelled the hobo, and the woman complied, sprinting towards the young man. As if he didn't even move, his hands would seem to be still even to highly trained ninja as he made handsigns. "Earth Style: Terra Wall Bullets," he said with a killer instinct. John spewed out a wall of thick, strong earth directly in front of himself. He began punching it quickly. Several globs of earth erupted from the wall, easily tearing the woman to pieces and continuing towards John's opponent. The hobo disappeared, evading the earth bullets.

John merely whispered of the words,"Kaen sōsa." Multiple flaming eagles flew out of John's hand and towards his enemy. Unfazed, the hobo used the same jutsu he had used earlier to make another goddess of water. The goddess raised her shield as the eagles flew through her, evaporating her entire body. As the birds formed a tornado of fire around the hobo, John made a single handsign that caused the birds to explode in a wave of flames.

As he walked out of the factory, John thought to himself, Maybe I'll go get a sandwich.
-----------------------------------
Words – 500

Judgment:
Bob, in your story, there wasn't much comedy. But you did do a great job using adjectives and good descriptions. You made yourself sound like a true ninja.

John, your story was interesting and funny. I liked how you had comedy, yet seriousness at times. Your jutsus were very interesting also and your plot was amazing.

Winner: John's narrative wins, for reasons stated above.

I don't know what to put here yet, so I leave you with a nice picture of a buffalo.

Spoiler:
Haha, just kidding.

<3 this heart represents the bromance of Red and RockyL. /brohug
Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 06:27 PM   #43
Jonesy
likes to post-it post-it
Konoha Military Force

Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Spoiler:
The time on the forums is wrong, how can I change it to my time?
Spoiler:
Again, you need to go into your User CP and there will be an "Edit Options" link. Click it, and scroll down, when you get to "Date & Time Options", choose your timezone.

How do I edit or delete my post?
Spoiler:

Can I edit or delete my posts?
If you have registered and are logged in, you may be able to edit and delete your posts (although the administrator may have turned off this option). Your ability to edit your posts may be time-limited, depending on how the administrator has set up the forum.

To edit or delete your posts, click the Edit button by the particular post. If your post was the first in the thread, then deleting it may remove the entire thread.

Once you've made your modifications, a note may appear to inform other users that you have edited your post.

If the edit time and date appear as a link you can click on this to see the differences between the original and edited versions, or between edits if there have been multiple edits.

Can others edit my posts?
Administrators, super moderators, and moderators over the particular forum, may also edit your messages. If they do, there may not be a note telling other users that the post was modified.

Creating a poll
Spoiler:

You may notice that some threads on this forum also include a section where you can vote on an issue or question. These threads are called 'polls'.

How do I create a new poll?
When you post a new thread, you may also have the option to create a poll.

This allows you to ask a question and specify a number of possible responses. Other members will then be able to vote for the response they wish, and the results of the voting will be displayed in the thread.
An example poll might be:

What is your favorite color?
  • Red
  • Blue
  • Yellow
  • Green
  • Sky-blue
  • Pink with yellow spots
To create a poll when you post a new thread, simply click the 'Yes, post a poll with this thread' checkbox at the bottom of the page, and set the number of possible responses you want to include.
When you click the submit button, you will be taken to the poll creation page, where you can specify the question and the list of responses you want to include.

You may also want to specify a time limit for the poll, so that (for example) it stays open for voting for only a week.

How do I vote in a poll and view the results?
To vote in a poll, simply select which option you want to vote for, and click the 'Vote!' button. Sometime you can choose more than one option. You can see the current results for a poll before you vote by clicking the 'View Results' link. Voting in a poll is entirely optional. You may vote for any of the available options, or cast no vote at all.

Note whether or not a poll is a public poll. If it is, any votes you cast will be attributable to you.
Generally, once you have voted in a poll, you will not be able to change your vote later, so place your vote carefully!

The Reputation System (Created by Toma RNK)

Spoiler:

What is reputation?

Reputation is a way of rating users depending on the quality of their posts.

Reputation may be positive, or negative.
Neutral reputation is only given when the person giving reputation can not affect a persons reputation.

How do I give reputation?

To give reputation, click on the reputation icon in the relevant post.

This will reveal a form to complete with the reputation type and the reason for giving the reputation.

You may not give reputation for the same post twice.

How do I know what reputation I have received?

You can view the reputation that you have received in your User CP (User Control Panel) where it is displayed at the bottom of the User CP page.
Here you will see the latest reputation that you have received and whether this is positive, negative or neutral.

Your total reputation will be shown as series of reputation indicators in your posts and profile. The more positive your reputation, the more positive icons will be shown.
The more negative your reputation the more negative icons will be shown.

How much reputation is given? What is reputation power?

You giveto a users reputation a number of points equal to your reputation power.

You subtract from a users reputation using the following formula:

Basically you take away half rounded down and if you only have 1 rep power you still subtract 1 rep. Chart looks like this.

YOUR REP POWER/AMOUNT DOCKED
1/1
2/1
3/1
4/2
5/2
6/3
7/3
8/4
9/4
10/5
and so on.

Reputation power is calculated like so:

For every 365 number of days since you signed up, you gain 1 point of reputation power.
For every 2000 posts, you gain 1 point of reputation power.
For every 100 points of reputation, users gain 1 point of reputation power.

Pre-requisites
You must have 50 posts before you can affect any ones reputation.
You must have 3 reputation before you can affect any ones reputation.

Also, you may only alter reputation (up or down) 20 times a day.
In addition, you must Alter 20 peoples reputation before you can alter that persons rep again.

The rep titles currently known are:

0- User is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point.
10- User saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!
30- User has completed a tough C-rank mission!
75- User is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
150- User has a spectacular chakra aura going on.
250- User just finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.
350- User has a pricey dish named after them at Ichiraku Ramen.
450- User completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.
550- User strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.
650- User is one of the most respected ninja in the in the tri-village area.
750- User completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.
900- User just might be Kage someday.
1250- User is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
2000- User is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Smilies
Spoiler:

What are smilies?
Smilies are icons that can be used in your posts to express emotions or feelings. You might wish to use these to show that you are happy, sad, joking, or embarrassed. For example, if you are telling a joke or being sarcastic you may wish to add a wink instead of writing 'this is a joke'.

The basic smilies are the same as what you would find on any instant messenger system. They are made up of a combination of characters which often show the basis of the resulting image.

For example, is converted to a smiley face and to a sad face or frown. Tilt your head to the left to see this in action as these consist of two eyes and a mouth either smiling or frowning.

How do I add smilies?
Some smilies can be accessed from the 'New Post' or 'New Thread' pages if your administrator has enabled this function. Clicking them will automatically insert them into your message. You can also type the character combinations for the smilies directly.

A full list of the smilies and their character combinations used on this forum can be found here.

On occasions, you may want to prevent the text in your message being converted into smilies. You will see a checkbox which you can select when you make a new post, which will allow you to 'Disable Smilies'.

Who are the leaders of the Forum?
Spoiler:

Moderators oversee specific forums. They generally have the ability to edit and delete posts, move threads, and perform other actions. Becoming a moderator for a specific forum is usually rewarded to users who are particularly helpful and knowledgeable in the subject of the forum they are moderating.

Super Moderators oversee all of the forums, they aren't exactly admins, but they have a lot of power. Becoming a super moderator is very tough, you have to be very helpful and smart, in order to become one.

Administrators and Quasi Admins are the people who have overall control of everything that happens on the board. They oversee how the board is styled, what forums to create and how to organize them, what information to require from members and who to appoint as moderators. Quasi Admins usually need consent from the real Admins to make changes.

The Admins are Sage Mode and SRhyse.

Friends and Contacts
Spoiler:

What is the difference between a friend and a contact?
A friendship is a mutual, two-way relationship between two users. It is initiated by one user and accepted by the other.

A contact is a one-way friendship. This could be where the other person does not accept the friendship, a friendship request is pending, or you do not wish to be friends at this time but want to show them as a contact only.

Where is list of friends and contacts displayed?
Your friends and contacts are displayed on the 'Contacts and Friends' page in your User CP. Your friends are also displayed in your profile page.

How can I request a friend, accept a friend or break a friendship?
There are two ways to request a friendship with someone.
The easiest way is to view the profile page of the person you want to become friends with and click the 'Befriend' link.

The other way is to add the person to your contacts first. Then from your 'Contacts and Friends' page ask to be their friend by checking the box next to their name labelled 'Friend'. Next, save the page.

If you know the username of the person you want to be friends with you can send a friend request using the box provided and clicking 'Add Friend'.
To accept a friend, go to your 'Contacts and Friends' page. At the bottom of the page you will see a list of pending requests. Check the box for the requests you wish to accept then check the 'Accept' button and save the changes. If you do not wish to be friends then select 'Reject' instead.

Breaking a friendship can be done in three ways.
  • From your 'Contacts and Friends' page, uncheck the box for friend for the particular person and save the changes. If you no longer wish them to be a contact either, uncheck both boxes for that person.
  • In your 'Profile Page', click 'Friends' and then click 'Break Friendship' next to the user's name.
  • In the other person's profile, click 'Friends' then find your username and click 'Break Friendship'.

How do I send a Private Message?
Spoiler:

Private messages work a little like email, but are limited to registered members of this forum. You may be able to include BB code, smilies and images in private messages that you send.

You may send a private message to a member of this forum by clicking the 'Send A Private Message' link in the private messaging section of your user control panel (more info), or by clicking the 'Send a Private Message' link in the drop down menu that appears in a member's posts when you click on their username.

When you send a message, you have the option to save a copy of it in your 'Sent Items' folder.

How do I work with Private Message Folders?
By default, you will have two folders in your private message area. These are the 'Inbox' and the 'Sent' Items folders.

The 'Inbox' folder contains any new messages you receive. It allows you to view all the messages you have received, along with the name of the person who sent it, and the date and time it was sent.

The 'Sent Items' folder contains a copy of any messages that you have sent, where you have specified that you wish to keep a copy for future reference.

You can create additional folders for your messages by clicking the 'Edit Folders' link.

Each folder has a set of message controls which allow you to select messages, then either move them to one of your custom folders, or delete them. Once you have selected your messages, you can choose the following options in the 'Selected Messages' box at the bottom of the list:
  • Move to Folder
  • Delete
  • Mark as Read
  • Mark as Unread
  • Download as XML
  • Download as CSV
  • Download as TEXT
You will need to periodically delete old messages, as the administrator has probably set a limit to the number of private messages you can have in your folders. If you exceed this number, you will not be able to send or receive new messages until you delete some old ones.

If you would like to keep a record of your messages before you delete them, you can use any of the 'Download as..' options listed above to take a copy and store them on your own computer.

Whenever you read a message, you will have the option to reply or forward it to another member of the forum. You may also have the ability to forward that message to multiple members of your contact list.

How do I track messages?
When you send a new private message, you may have the option to request a read-receipt. This lets you check whether or not a message has been read by its recipient. To do this, go to the 'Message Tracking' page.
This page is divided into two sections: unread and read messages.

The unread messages section shows all messages that you have sent with a read-receipt request, that have not yet been read by their recipient.
The read messages section shows all messages you have sent with a receipt request that have been read and acknowledged by their recipient. The time that the message was read is also shown.

You may choose to end the tracking on any message you choose by selecting it and clicking the 'End Tracking' button.

When you receive a message with a read-receipt request, you may have the option to read the message while denying the read-receipt request.

To do this, simply click the 'Deny Receipt' link rather than the title of the message, if it appears.

Subscribing to Topics
Spoiler:

What are subscriptions?
Subscriptions are a way of keeping track of different threads or forums. You can choose how you are notified about updates - for example by having them listed in your User CP and receiving email updates for each one.

How do I subscribe to a thread or forum?
To subscribe to a forum, click the 'Forum Tools' link above the list of threads then select 'Subscribe to Forum'. You will then have the option to choose the subscription mode for this forum. If the forum that you are subscribing to has any child forums (forums within a forum) then your subscription will be extended to these automatically.

To subscribe to a thread, click the 'Thread Tools' link at the top of the list of posts then click 'Subscribe to Thread'. You can then choose the subscription mode that you wish to use for that thread.

What subscription modes are available?

There are a number of different forum subscription modes available.
  • No Email Notification - lists the subscription in your User CP only. You do not receive any notifications about new posts or threads in the forum.
  • Daily Email Notification - sends one email a day with the new and updated threads in the forum and any sub-forums. If there are no new or updated threads in the forum or its sub-forums then you will not receive an email.
  • Weekly Email Notification - sends one email per week in the same way as the Daily Email Notification.
Thread Subscriptions have the same options as forum subscriptions with the following additional option:
  • Instant Email Notification - sends an email as soon as a new post is added to the thread. This is not sent for every reply and will only be sent once until you revisit the forums.
How do I manage Subscriptions and Folders?
Thread subscriptions can be sorted into folders for easy management. You can create as many folders as you wish by going to 'Edit Folders' in the 'Subscribed Threads' section of your User CP. To add a new folder, enter the folder name into one of the blank boxes and save the page. To delete a folder, delete the folder name. Editing a folder is done by simply editing the folder name in the list.

You can also manage your individual subscriptions by clicking 'List Subscriptions' under 'Subscribed Threads' in your User CP. Here you can select which subscriptions you wish to manage and delete them, move them to another folder, or change their subscription type.

Forum subscriptions are not managed through the List Subscriptions page and are shown on the User CP page where they contain the option to unsubscribe from the forum.

What are ratings?
Spoiler:

The forums allow you to rate threads between 1 star (terrible) and 5 stars (excellent). Once enough votes are cast for a thread, stars will appear next to its name in the listings. These show the average vote, and can be an easy way to see which threads are worth reading if you are on a busy forum.

On the forum viewing page you can also arrange threads by rating, with either the highest or lowest at the top.

It therefore makes sense to rate threads because it helps all users. To do this, click on the 'rate thread' link at the top of the thread viewing page.

Choose the number of stars you feel best represents the quality of the thread. You may or may not be able to change your choice of rating at a later date.

I updated them as much as I can. I bet one of you could find things that need change.

I mainly updated the forum time and the leaders section. :\

Sorry if I didn't do too well.
Jonesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 06:28 PM   #44
Fliparrachii
Die Fliparrachii Die

Fliparrachii just might be Kage someday.
Fliparrachii just might be Kage someday.Fliparrachii just might be Kage someday.Fliparrachii just might be Kage someday.Fliparrachii just might be Kage someday.Fliparrachii just might be Kage someday.Fliparrachii just might be Kage someday.Fliparrachii just might be Kage someday.Fliparrachii just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via Yahoo to Fliparrachii

Quote:
Originally Posted by trouble88 View Post
I need work buddy ^^
You did mention about the post counts decreasing by a couple, once and a while. How about you mention that on here. Explain why the post counts may decrease a little. The fact that threads get deleted and whatnot.

It would be nice to explain how much reputation points it takes to increase a green/red box. Be specific about it.

@Red: Thanks for the information. Most of that I already red in the Battle Narative thread Maikeru made. Thanks again for posting it.
NBA Picks----
East Conference: Miami Heat (53-25)
West Conference: Golden State Warriors (48-29)
-------------------------------------------
"They Even Judged God.
See If I Care When You Judge Me"
Im Pretty Sure The Whole "Ladies First" Thing Was Created
By A Guy Just To Check Out Ass
;p

Fliparrachii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 06:30 PM   #45
trouble88
Making It Duoble
Special Hunter Ninja
WS-Genin

trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via AIM to trouble88 Send a message via MSN to trouble88 Send a message via Skype™ to trouble88

Quote:
Originally Posted by JapaneseAnimeForLife View Post
You did mention about the post counts decreasing by a couple, once and a while. How about you mention that on here. Explain why the post counts may decrease a little. The fact that threads get deleted and whatnot.

It would be nice to explain how much reputation points it takes to increase a green/red box. Be specific about it.

@Red: Thanks for the information. Most of that I already red in the Battle Narative thread Maikeru made. Thanks again for posting it.
okay I will do that ^^

Old 12-08-2010, 06:39 PM   #46
Fliparrachii
Die Fliparrachii Die

Fliparrachii just might be Kage someday.Fliparrachii just might be Kage someday.Fliparrachii just might be Kage someday.Fliparrachii just might be Kage someday.Fliparrachii just might be Kage someday.Fliparrachii just might be Kage someday.Fliparrachii just might be Kage someday.Fliparrachii just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Jonesy, it would be great if you updated the ranks for the reputation points, including the negative ranks for the reputation points below zero.
NBA Picks----
"They Even Judged God.
;p

Old 12-08-2010, 06:47 PM   #47
trouble88
Making It Duoble
Special Hunter Ninja
WS-Genin

Awards Showcase

Why my post did counts decreasing by a couple, once and a while?
Here why sometime thread will get delete so you post counts will decrease a little.
Example
Let you had 500 post and a thread that you post 7 times in get delete that mean you will lose 7 post from your count
500 - 7 = 493

That why you post go down sometime. When thread get old they will get delete so if your post count go down don't panic it just life on the forum.

Last edited by trouble88; 12-09-2010 at 01:12 PM.
Old 12-08-2010, 07:10 PM   #48
Fliparrachii
Die Fliparrachii Die

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Why your post count may decrease from time-to-time?
Here's why: Sometimes, a thread will get deleted so, your post count will decrease varying on how much posts you made in that thread.
Example:
Let's say you have 500 posts and you post 7 times in a certain thread before. Then, that thread ends up getting deleted later on, then that means you'll lose 7 posts from your post count.
500 - 7 = 493

That's why your post count may decrease at times. When threads get old, they will get deleted so, if your post count go down, don't fret about it. Look at it as a post cycle; meaning it's normal to happen.
Fixed it a little. Looks great.
NBA Picks----
"They Even Judged God.
;p

Old 12-09-2010, 04:29 AM   #49
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

It could have also been moved to a section with no post count.

Tbc, your screenshots look like they were actually screenshot with a camera. I am soooooo changing those.
Shikamaru Nara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 06:47 AM   #50
Deadman
Special Jonin Candidate

Deadman is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Exclamation Re: ANBU Mission.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlackChidori View Post
Jaffles made this his idea. By asking me to do it, but not the point. So you volunteered yourself to head it, good jerb!

Complete Forum Help Guide

Clearly it's out of date. Those who work on it and update info, cancel stuff out that no longer need be(I ask that someone archive the information on the BETA into a topic, I'll move it into the WC, all the good stuff.

Come together in this topic with updated/new FAQs to add to the first topic.

Someone make it look pretty when it's all said and done, I'll edit it into the original topic and add the final touches.

ANBU mission only, if you're not in ANBU, I'll infract for you posting here. This is srs forum bsns.

Good idea, for starters I think you should add these ranks to the REP system.

NEW REPS:

5000- User --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFK

9000- User's power level is OVER 9000!!!!

10000 - User has ascended to godhood, causing plants and flowers to bloom with each step. The trivialites of forum life no longer satisfy. Only the infinite complexity of chakra satisfies. I eat your chakra!!!

(-) rep ranks:

- User has been known to Deface Sannin Monuments in the past.
- User has a dark heart coursing with Dark Chakra
- User is an S-class criminal.
- User has a full page listing in the Bingo Book...
- User is currently interning with Orochimaru
- User is wanted dead or alive - preferably dead - in all nations.
- User has jugulars of all forum members in his room
Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 10:04 AM   #51
trouble88
Making It Duoble
Special Hunter Ninja
WS-Genin

Awards Showcase

yo. buddy can I work on thr FAIL info?? I don't mind doing since I use to get infractions and stuff.

Old 12-09-2010, 01:10 PM   #52
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Shouldn't a FAIL Member do that?
Old 12-09-2010, 01:12 PM   #53
Fliparrachii
Die Fliparrachii Die

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadman View Post
Good idea, for starters I think you should add these ranks to the REP system.

NEW REPS:

5000- User --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFK

9000- User's power level is OVER 9000!!!!

10000 - User has ascended to godhood, causing plants and flowers to bloom with each step. The trivialites of forum life no longer satisfy. Only the infinite complexity of chakra satisfies. I eat your chakra!!!

(-) rep ranks:

- User has been known to Deface Sannin Monuments in the past.
- User has a dark heart coursing with Dark Chakra
- User is an S-class criminal.
- User has a full page listing in the Bingo Book...
- User is currently interning with Orochimaru
- User is wanted dead or alive - preferably dead - in all nations.
- User has jugulars of all forum members in his room
Great. But, you missed a few positive custom ranks for the reputation points.
Quote:
yo. buddy can I work on thr FAIL info?? I don't mind doing since I use to get infractions and stuff.
Yes, if you have the knowledge of a FAIL member.
NBA Picks----
"They Even Judged God.
;p

Old 12-09-2010, 01:12 PM   #54
trouble88
Making It Duoble
Special Hunter Ninja
WS-Genin

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle View Post
I yea I guess so

Old 12-09-2010, 01:14 PM   #55
trouble88
Making It Duoble
Special Hunter Ninja
WS-Genin

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by JapaneseAnimeForLife View Post
Great. But, you missed a few positive custom ranks for the reputation points.

Yes, if you have the knowledge of a FAIL member.
yea almost on them I got 15 infraction I can ask them about it in no time buddy

Old 12-09-2010, 01:16 PM   #56
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Awards Showcase

In this guide, you will find the answers to all of the Frequently Asked Questions you might have. After reading this, you can learn exactly how the forum works, and master all of its little details. It's a collaberation of the work from many members, from myself, from the FAQ section and more.

Just look for your question and click on the spoiler tab to see the info!

Basic forum FAQ

Spoiler:
How is all this structured?

Spoiler:

The bulletin board as a whole contains various categories (broad subject areas such as Off-Topic, Debate Forum, and more), which themselves contain forums (more specific subject areas. These are even more detailed) which contain threads (conversations on a topic. Don't go off of the topic.) which are made up of individual posts (where a user writes something). GUESTS CAN'T POST.

The board home page has a list of categories and forums, with basic statistics for each - including the number of threads and posts, and which member posted the most recent message. You will also find the most recent active thread. It would look something like this.
Spoiler:

How do I find my way around?

Spoiler:

When you click on a forum's name, you are taken to the list of threads it contains. You will pick the forum based on the relevance to the section. For example: You are looking for a topic about Itachi. You would not look in the off-topic section, you would go to character talk. A good reference if you don't know where to start is the New Posts button. It will take you to the latest threads. A thread is a conversation between members. Each thread starts out as a single post and grows as more individual posts are added by different users. Threads can be rated to show how useful or popular they are and may contain polls.

To start a new thread simply click on the 'new thread' button (you may need the right permissions to do this). You will have to choose the correct section to post it in. Make sure you categorize it correctly!

Threads can be ordered in many different ways. The default is to have the thread with the most recent activity at the top. But you can easily change this ordering, for example to have the thread with the most posts at the top, or the highest rating. Simply click on the appropriate column heading at the top of the list of threads (Thread, Thread Starter, Rating, Last Post, Replies or Views).

You can also reverse the sorting order by clicking the arrow next to the name of the active option. (Note that 'sticky' threads will always be at the top no matter how you change the viewing options or the page number you are on).

Spoiler:

Multi-page views

When there are more threads to display than will fit on a single page, you may see the 'Page' box, which contains page numbers. This indicates that the list of threads has been split over two or more pages. To change pages, simply click on the page number you want to go to.

This method of splitting lists of items over many pages is used throughout the board.

Spoiler:

What are sticky threads?

'Sticky' threads are created by moderators or administrators, and remain 'stuck' to the top of the listing, even if they haven't had any posts recently. Their purpose is to keep important information visible and accessible at all times. They're usually forumwide or section announcements.

How do I read a thread?

Spoiler:

To read a thread, click on its title. Each post in a thread is created by a member. You'll see some brief information about the member who created the thread above the main post message. For example,
Spoiler:
In most cases it will be to the side of the post.

To post a reply to an existing thread, click on the 'Post Reply' button. If the 'Post Reply' button does not appear, it could mean that you are not logged in as a member, or that you do not have permission to reply, or that the thread has been closed to new replies. Or you can go to the box at the bottom of the thread above the 'Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread' box.

You may need to click the quick reply button in a post to activate the quick reply box before you can type into it.

On long threads you may want to change how the posts are ordered.
Is there a faster way to get to forums?

If you know which forum you want to go to, you can use the 'Forum Jump' control, which appears at the bottom of many pages within the board.

Spoiler:

I'm having trouble with this site or forums loading.
Sometimes the forums and website run into a server problem. The three main errors users come across are:

No suitable nodes are available for your request.
This page cannot be displayed.
Zero sized object

This problem should've been fixed.

If you continue to experience problems, try waiting a few minutes then try again. If the problem persists and is not one of the errors listed above, please post your issue in the Technical Issues topic.
Zero Size Object: This can happen if you hit a node while it is restarting. That happens about 2-5 times per day, and lasts about 15 seconds (roughly), so I don't believe people are seeing this very often, but if you do, just wait about 20 seconds and try to go to the page again.
No suitable nodes are available for your request: It means that there is a problem with the cluster of web servers that run the web site the link is pointing to. This is probably a temporary error, so try again later. Just like Zero Size Object.
The page cannot be displayed: Basically, there's something up with the page. Just wait and refresh.

Spoiler:

How do I find out more about members?

To view information about a particular member, click on the user name. This will take you to their public profile page once you choose the option.
What is the Navigation Bar?

The navigation bar at the top of every page has links to help you move around. A 'breadcrumb' area at the top left shows where you are now. A form on the right allows you to quickly login. With one click you can reach areas such as: the User Control Panel, FAQ (which you are reading now), the Calendar, Search options and Quick Links to other useful features.

What is the 'What's Going On?' box on the board home page?
On the board home page, you'll see a section at the bottom that tells you what's going on at the moment. It tells you things like the number of registered users online, the number of guests, and even things like birthdays, and forthcoming events. These are just little widgets to make this place look fancy.

Spoiler:

How do I make an account so I can start posting?

Identity on the board, a fixed username on all messages you post and an online public profile.

Registration is free (unless otherwise specified), and offers an extended range of features, including:
Posting new threads
Replying to other people's threads
Editing your posts
Receiving email notification of replies to posts and threads you specify (Optional)
Sending private messages to other members (Optional. Can be disabled if necessary.)
Creating albums of pictures and comment on others' pictures (Optional)
Adding events to the forum calendar
Setting up a 'contact list' to quickly see which of your friends are online. (Optional)
As you can see, this forum has an extensive range of features, and can be customized.
Spoiler:

How do I register?
You register by clicking on the 'Register' link near the top of the page. You will be asked to choose a user name, password and enter a valid email address. In addition there will be some other fields to which you will be invited to respond. Some will be mandatory while others are optional.

Once this is complete you will either be fully registered, or in some cases you may have to click on a link in an 'activation email' sent to your email address. Once you have done this you will be registered.

Note that entering your email address will not leave you open to 'spam', as you can choose to hide it from other board users. You'll probably be able to allow other registered users to contact you via email, but the system won't display your email address to them unless you give permission.

If you are under the age of 13, the administrator may require that a parent or guardian provide consent before allowing you to complete the registration process. More information about this is available during the registration process.

Making Your First Post
On some boards you might be able to post and reply as a guest user. But most communities require registration.

As a registered user you can go to a forum on a board where you have permission to view threads and leave replies. To reply you have a few options. You can click on the 'Post Reply' button button by the particular post. If your post was the first in the thread, then deleting it may remove the entire thread.

Once you've made your modifications, a note may appear to inform other users that you have edited your post.
If the edit time and date appear as a link you can click on this to see the differences between the original and edited versions, or between edits if there have been multiple edits.[/SPOILER]
[/SPOILER]

Spoiler:

Special posting features

How do I format my posts and messages?
When posting messages you may wish to include some formatting such as bold text, italic text and underlined text. Or change the font type.

Adding formatting to your post can be done in two ways:
Using clickable controls similar to those found in most word processors
Typing formatting commands in BB code
Clickable controls are available in the Standard and Enhanced WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) editors. The difference between these is that the standard editor will show the BB code in your message and be processed when it is displayed. The enhanced WYSIWYG editor will show your message as it will be displayed while you are typing.
To use these, simply click the button, for example the B (bold) button and then type to get bold text. Click the button again to stop using that formatting. You can also highlight text that you have already typed then click the formatting button to format existing text.
BB code is a special set of codes similar to HTML that can be used in posts to the board. To see the full list of BB code tags that can be used on this site and examples of their use, click here.

[/SPOILER]

Spoiler:

How do I make a new topic?

To start a new thread simply click on the 'new thread' button that looks like this: . You will need to make a subject where it says title.

[/SPOILER]
[/SPOILER]

Spoiler:

How do I get an Avatar, the picture under my name?

First you need to go into your User CP.

Then click the Edit Avatar button

After clicking the Edit Avatar button, you will be given a list of pictures of Naruto characters. If you don’t like any that appear on the list, go to the next page, and choose from those.

[/SPOILER]
[/SPOILER]

Spoiler:

It’s just about the same process as getting an Avatar. Go into the User CP, edit signature, and enter your text or links in the box. You cannot have pictures in your signature without approval from the admins.
[/SPOILER]

[/SPOILER]

What else can I do in the User Control Panel?

Spoiler:

In your User CP, there is a section under Settings & Options named 'Edit Options'.
Login & Privacy: set your
'Invisible Mode' - sets whether or not other members can see if you are online and what page you are viewing
'Show Reputation Level' - shows your reputation level on posts if this option is enabled by the administrator
'Allow vCard Download' - sets whether or not to allow other members to download a vCard containing your email address and username.
Messaging & Notification - options include:
'Receive Email' - whether or not you want to receive emails from other Members and administrators
'Default Thread Subscription Mode' - how you want to be notified about new posts in threads to which you have subscribed
'Private Messaging' - control how you want Private Messaging to work for your account
'Visitor Messaging' - control how you want Visitor Messaging to work for your account
Thread Display Options - these include:
'Visible Post Elements' - whether or not you want to be able to see Signatures, Avatars and Images in posts
'Thread Display Mode' - how you want to view threads by default (more info available here)
[/SPOILER]
'Number of Posts to Show Per Page'
'Default Thread Age Cut Off' - the time period for threads to be displayed - threads older than this age will be hidden
Date & Time Options - these include:
'Time Zone' - your local geographical time zone offset from GMT/UTC
'Start of the Week' - for the Calendar.
Miscellaneous Options include:
'Message Editor Interface' - This option allows you choose what kind of editor you will use when posting messages. Your choices include a basic text-only editor, a standard editor with clickable formatting controls, or a full WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) editor that will show your formatting as you type.
'Forum Style' - only available if there is more than one style (or 'skin') available and the administrator has enabled this selection
'Forum Language' - only available if there is more than one Language enabled. This will change the language in which all controls and board messages will be shown. It will not translate members' posts
[/SPOILER]
[/SPOILER]

----

Try that on for size.

Last edited by Shikamaru Nara; 12-10-2010 at 05:59 AM.
Old 12-09-2010, 01:18 PM   #57
Leafy
has a deathwish!

Leafy just might be Kage someday.
Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle View Post
I'll do it.

I'm going to get to work now, got some free time. xD

Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 01:19 PM   #58
trouble88
Making It Duoble
Special Hunter Ninja
WS-Genin

Awards Showcase

Why I done PM toma about it

Old 12-09-2010, 01:19 PM   #59
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Awards Showcase

Sure. But I'm done. I need more.
Old 12-09-2010, 01:25 PM   #60
trouble88
Making It Duoble
Special Hunter Ninja
WS-Genin

Awards Showcase

got the pm back from Toma he say will answer my questions when he can did it
Edited here the guide toma made on Infraction
I will add few tips about how not to Get infraction
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toma RNK View Post
So the mods have just implemented a new system called the infraction system.

In short infractions are given to users by mods (and certain people selected by the mods) when users break a forum rule. As you get infractions, bad things happen to you.

Possible bad things that can happen:

Loss of privileges. If you ever have 20 or more infraction points you lose access to special features you may have. You may lose the ability to give rep. Any temp mod powers will vanish. If you are on the war council or are a beta tester, you will lose access to those special forums. If you are allowed a signature image, it will stop working.

Temporary banning. Yes if you get enough points you can end up banned for a while. This period of time is less than 18 hours and is done so a mod can review your case and choose whether to let you back in, permaban you, or just make you wait it out.

Now I am sure a ton of questions are popping up so I am going to go into detail below. The contents below is more or less a FAQ. I am breaking this post into 2 spoilers. Info for regular users, and info for people who are given the power to give an infraction.

INFO FOR REGULAR USERS!
Spoiler:

How do I know if I have an infraction/warning?
Spoiler:

Trust me, you will know if you get an infraction. You will get a PM about it, like this:

The PM will come from the person who gave you the infraction. Replyng to them or arguing is not only pointless, but dumb, so please don't do it.

HELP! I GOT AN INFRACTION! WHAT DO I DO?! IS IT PERMANENT HELP! HELP! *FREAKING OUT*

Answer:
Spoiler:

Learn from your mistake. If you got an infraction, you should try not to do whatever you got in trouble for.

Now as for the details.First things first, click on your UCP. If you have an infraction you will have a little infraction area that looks a lot like your rep area. It looks like this:

You will see your current infractions and warnings. Any yellow infraction worth 0 points is a WARNING. meaning you got no points, but are warned.

You can see the date an infraction is given, when it expires, how many points it was worth. The category your offense was in, and (possibly) who gave it to you.

Please be aware certain actions can result in Infraction points that NEVER expire. Be warned.

WHAT CAN I GET AN INFRACTION FOR?!

Answer
Spoiler:

For breaking any rule. Some resons you could get an infraction are:

Complaining about down reps.
Flaming or Trolling
Inappropriate Language
Repeated double posting
Constant useless posts in area where posts count.
Lack of spoiler tags in message.
Extreme vulgarity or racism.
Spoilers in Thread Title
Graphically sexual post. (Text only)
Illegal links (fansubs, fanart, episodes, ect)
Pornographic of excessively violent material/link
Abuse of mod-like powers.
Illegal content (illegal in the US, not just these forums. Stuff like rape or child porn)
Signature Rule Violation

The list goes on, but seriously just obey the rules and you will be fine.

OMG OMG OMG OMG I THINK I AM BANNED! WHAT DO I DO?!
Answer:
Spoiler:

Ok first off if you are reading this post, you aren't banned. If you become banned you will see this message on any page you try to access:

As you can see ALL the info you need is shown to you, and the only thing to do is wait it out.

Who do I complain to about an unjust infraction?
Spoiler:

Answer:Generally it is best to wait it out, however there will be a thread where you can ask me (Toma RNK) to review your infraction. Read the first post carefully though, as people who complain in this thread can be severely punished.

INFO FOR PEOPLE WHO CAN GIVE INFRACTIONS!
Spoiler:

Why should I give someone an infraction? How do I do it?
Answer:
Spoiler:

You have this power because you have shown good judgment so the first answer is ""use your best judgment."

But here are some details.

Always try to warn first, either in the thread or via an official warning. If things persist, it's time to use the infraction system.

Step 1: Click the infraction/warning button. It looks like a yellow and red card.

Ok so you have clicked it, now the infraction window is up. Now you need to select what rule has been violated and choose (if possible) to give a warning. Look at the following screenshot for a rough idea of what the screen will look like. Note I have edited out the points and lengths as they will probably change a few times in the first week.

As you can see at the top the users name and number of infractions and infraction points are listed. Take these numbers into consideration. Warn people (if you can) if they are first time offenders. Be more harsh against repeat offenders.

At the bottom you must fill out an admin note (note to the mods) for why you are doing this, and then type out a message for the user to read.

Thats it.

Why does a certain post lack the infraction button?
answer:
Spoiler:

Someone else already gave an infraction for that post. A person can only get 1 infraction for a post.

There is a possibility you will be able to see a special indicator depending on how the mods set stuff up that may indicate whether the post was given a warning or an infraction. They would look like this in the bottom right hand corner.
or

Also, some people simply cannot be infracted. Mods are an example as well as some others. If you cannot infract someone whi is out of line, report the post or talk to a mod.

HOLY CRAP! A TEMP BAN OPTION?!

Answer:
Spoiler:

Yes there is an emergency short term ban option. It should be used only hen the mods are not around. If you use this, and the mods feel you were in error, you are likely no longer a temp mod, and will not have the infraction ability much more. Abuse will lead to permabanning. It's a last resort. Use at your own risk. You MUST post in the infraction forum with details bout why you did this.

Hopefully this clears most of it up. Post your questions in this thread and I'll update the guide.

Lastly the Mods are the only people who can grant the ability to give infractions. Don't ask them for the power, cause if you ask, they will probably never give you the power.

Official Infraction Appeal thread.
Promotions into F.A.I.L and a few demotions

Last edited by trouble88; 12-09-2010 at 01:34 PM.