Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Naruto Discussion Forum > Naruto Manga Discussion

Naruto Manga Discussion All the latest discussions about the Naruto manga (beware, spoilers abound).

Old 12-04-2010, 07:50 PM   #1
Darkech0
Freshmen Academy Student

Darkech0 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Just A thought? Ultimate Rasengan?

Okay I Didn't Know where to really put this Question/Idea so Mods If you need to put this post elsewhere be my guest.

Heres my Question. Does Naruto Have more then 1 element type? I'm Guessing Logicly that It would most likely be water or earth to counter Sasuke's Fire or Lightning Chakra. Also if he did have the ability to mould a 2nd element type he could create a 2nd Element Style Rasengan and eventually possibly Combining those 2 elements for some sort of Ultimate Rasengan? Thoughts? Ideas? and does anyone know due to reading of the Manga?

Last edited by TheBlackChidori; 12-04-2010 at 08:08 PM.
Darkech0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 08:07 PM   #2
TheBlackChidori
Special Jonin Candidate

TheBlackChidori is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Just A thought? Ultimate Rasengan?

I'm gonna move this to Town Bookstore.

And if Naruto would have shown the affinity for another element, he would have done it by now. Its likely he may learn Yin & Yang, thats about it.
TheBlackChidori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 09:37 PM   #3
EvL j3st3r
Chunin Exam Proctor

EvL j3st3r is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.EvL j3st3r is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.EvL j3st3r is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.EvL j3st3r is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlackChidori View Post
I'm gonna move this to Town Bookstore.

And if Naruto would have shown the affinity for another element, he would have done it by now. Its likely he may learn Yin & Yang, thats about it.
But Naruto was kind of a late bloomer in learning his first elemental type wasn't he? I'll have to go back and check but I think each ninja has a natural affinity for one nature element. Any others they learn probably require extra work of course. I say he could still learn another, but as of now he's only shown one (wind).

@darkech0..........I can only think of two shinobi that we've seen combine two elements into one jutsu. Those two are Hashirama and Yamato (Earth + Water = Wood Element). So I don't think it very likely that we'll see Naruto pull that trick.......BUT.....we can't be sure either way. Kishi can pretty much do what he wants. I don't see how it would contradict anything that he's already written if he gave Naruto the ability to combine two different nature elements.
^red.
You may want to respell that.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sorry Kalmeast...........it's just too funny to let die.
EvL j3st3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 06:28 AM   #4
Uchiha Raimaru
Special Jonin Candidate

Uchiha Raimaru has completed a tough C-rank mission!Uchiha Raimaru has completed a tough C-rank mission!Uchiha Raimaru has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvL j3st3r View Post

@darkech0..........I can only think of two shinobi that we've seen combine two elements into one jutsu. Those two are Hashirama and Yamato (Earth + Water = Wood Element). So I don't think it very likely that we'll see Naruto pull that trick.......BUT.....we can't be sure either way. Kishi can pretty much do what he wants. I don't see how it would contradict anything that he's already written if he gave Naruto the ability to combine two different nature elements.
There's Haku who combined wind and water to make Ice, then there's been dust element, lava element, boiling element, bunches of them since the Kage Summit.

It actually would contradict something Kishi's written by saying that Naruto can combine two elements.

Chapter 316, pages 7-8, Kakashi says that the ability to take two separate elements and combine them together is a Kekkei Genkai.

So we won't be seeing any ultimate Rasengan anytime soon, and based on Naruto's character, I doubt Naruto will get another element.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Uchiha Raimaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 08:33 AM   #5
nightwolf613
Apprentice Genin

nightwolf613 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Right now he only has one element but he has been using pure chakra as well. Naruto may not be able to ever use more than one element. I seem to remember it being said that most awaken one element and the really skilled two. It is extremely rare to have someone with three elements. That was before he ran into ninja who were using more than two. Sort of a setup explaination that made you wonder about who he was fighting shortly afterwards.

I wouldn't say Naruto has mastered Wind Elemental Ninjutsu yet. Learning another element so soon doesn't seem like it would happen until he has completely mastered the first. But then who knows what could be considered behind the scenes. He knows enough Wind to make the Rasen-Shuriken and how to apply Wind to a weapon or in combination with someone's attack like he did with one of the frogs and also with Yamato. But that's all we know he has learned to do with it.

Last edited by nightwolf613; 12-05-2010 at 11:01 AM.
nightwolf613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 08:46 AM   #6
Lady Tsunade
Old.

Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

No. He doesn't need another one. Minatos only element was wind.
Kushina was part of the Uzumaku Clan, which symbol was a spiral

Naruto won't be getting another element. Just Kyuubi/Sage Mode combinations
Lady Tsunade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 09:29 AM   #7
Skrall
Veteran Chunin

Skrall saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!Skrall saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

Well Naruto only has 1 element - Air. But since he gain acess to the fox's power (kinda), I'm guessing he can use, or he'll be able to use, another element - Fire. Remember, in the anime, the battle between the Kyubii and Deva Path, the Kyubii used a fire movement like he was shoting meteors.
Skrall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 09:44 AM   #8
Jakropha
Your Lord Zetsoom

Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrall View Post
Well Naruto only has 1 element - Air. But since he gain acess to the fox's power (kinda), I'm guessing he can use, or he'll be able to use, another element - Fire. Remember, in the anime, the battle between the Kyubii and Deva Path, the Kyubii used a fire movement like he was shoting meteors.
Im gonna be literal when I say this.

Its a "Incarnation of the Kyuubi's hatred into a physical attack"

Fire has been said to be one of the 3 aspects of hell.
Eternal Pain
Eternal Darkness
and Eternal fire.

And im pretty sure the Kyuubi was meant to establish Eternal fire as a power of his.
Due to him being a demon.

Other than that, I have nothing against firebreathers

Jakropha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 09:57 AM   #9
EvL j3st3r
Chunin Exam Proctor

EvL j3st3r is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.EvL j3st3r is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.EvL j3st3r is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.EvL j3st3r is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha Raimaru View Post
There's Haku who combined wind and water to make Ice, then there's been dust element, lava element, boiling element, bunches of them since the Kage Summit.

I forgot about Haku. but I don't know where your going with the others. There is only 5 nature elements. wind, earth, fire, water, and lightening.

It actually would contradict something Kishi's written by saying that Naruto can combine two elements.

Chapter 316, pages 7-8, Kakashi says that the ability to take two separate elements and combine them together is a Kekkei Genkai.

Oh yea......I stand corrected.

So we won't be seeing any ultimate Rasengan anytime soon, and based on Naruto's character, I doubt Naruto will get another element.
You're probably right here as well, but I still think there's a chance he could get another element.
^red.

Old 12-05-2010, 11:23 AM   #10
Uchiha Raimaru
Special Jonin Candidate

Uchiha Raimaru has completed a tough C-rank mission!Uchiha Raimaru has completed a tough C-rank mission!Uchiha Raimaru has completed a tough C-rank mission!

It's not impossible for him to do it by any means. It's just that with the way Masashi's been writing Naruto, it seems like he won't. Meh, we'll see eventually.

I would like to see him do more with Wind Release than just Rasen-Shuriken, though.

Uchiha Raimaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 11:57 AM   #11
EvL j3st3r
Chunin Exam Proctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha Raimaru View Post
It's not impossible for him to do it by any means. It's just that with the way Masashi's been writing Naruto, it seems like he won't. Meh, we'll see eventually.

I would like to see him do more with Wind Release than just Rasen-Shuriken, though.
I agree. Rasen-Shuriken is awsome, and by combining wind element to Rasengan he did something even Minato couldn't do. So that in itself is quite an accomblishment. But I mean c'mon. Are we just going to see the one use of wind element from him?
^red.

Old 12-05-2010, 12:12 PM   #12
zerosameri

zerosameri just might be Kage someday.
zerosameri just might be Kage someday.zerosameri just might be Kage someday.zerosameri just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

If you want to count the 'natural' thing he gets in SM then technically he does.

zerosameri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 04:04 PM   #13
EvL j3st3r
Chunin Exam Proctor

^that's a good point Zero. But still it's a technicality. I would like to see him harness another of the 5 original nature elements or (as we said above), learn new ways to utilize his wind.
^red.

Old 12-06-2010, 04:45 PM   #14
Jakropha
Your Lord Zetsoom

Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

What if we learned that YinYang and the basic 5 are'nt the only nature elements out there...

What if a new one existed, that was more powerful than all 7 combined into one epic Rasengan...
If such a nature were to exist, Kishimoto would be in hell trying to figure out what he would make it be

No more thinking for me for tonight!

Jakropha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 05:23 PM   #15
narulvr
Genin Elite

narulvr saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

its a big maybe, but honestly for me i would rather him learn more wind style jutsus. rasen shuriken is sweet and all but he need more variety in his list of attacks cuz rasengan will only get him so far

Tags
chakra, elements, naruto, rasengan, ultimate rasengan