Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Naruto Discussion Forum > Naruto Games

Naruto Games We're all about games in this section -- all Naruto games, that is.

Old 12-01-2010, 05:50 PM   #1
~Anbu Apoc~
Academy Graduate

~Anbu Apoc~ is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Inventing a time-limit for storm 2 is the worst thing ever. Ugh.

I hate it. The time limit. We shouldn't have a time limit. Makes people with the most health win because of time. It should just be K.o's. But lets see here. There's some players that just fight until the time run out. They run away and such when there is about 15 counts left, and they win. Should it be fair? Should it be removed? I don't think time was a thing that needed to be in the game. The time limit just showed that-"Hey you have the most health at the end of 99 counts. Good Job!"- whoever had the most health wins. Just does not show any skill. Just shows how skilled you are having higher health until the time ran out. What are your opinions?

"I believe if you dont give up, you dont lose. You give up, You already made them win."

Psn:jjj7112
GT: RRTS CHARMANDER

I look forward to seeing you.

Go to Valor Gaming and see whats in store for you. Great place, Great community. All Fun.
See ya There!!
~Anbu Apoc~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 05:51 PM   #2
NBT
Banned

NBT is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.NBT is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.NBT is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.NBT is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.NBT is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.NBT is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Default Re: Inventing a time-limit for storm 2 is the worst thing ever. Ugh.

Turn it off.
NBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 06:19 PM   #3
deidara#1
Pun-isher

deidara#1 has completed a tough C-rank mission!deidara#1 has completed a tough C-rank mission!

It is very bad I don't see why they wanted to make the fights last 1 minute they made a time limit and less health bars. It really sucks and the one big complaint that I have with this game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NBT View Post
Turn it off.
He can't turn it off for online and that is the problem.
deidara#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 07:57 PM   #4
pathbeyondthedark
Chunin Exam Participant

pathbeyondthedark is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

I have to agree. Winning because of time is actually too easy to do as well. All you have to have is patience and be able to mash the block button, which obviously everyone can do. Even I hate winning to time. It's not wise to play reckless with little time, but I still do try to punish anyone who does. Some people just keep running no matter what. But I go into every battle attempting a REAL win, unlike some.

I think the reason for the time limit though is to encourage at least SOME contact. In this game, two highly skilled turtlers could go on nearly forever if there were no time limit. Plus, the longer a game goes the more likely a disconnection occurs.

It's a necessary evil unfortunately.

Quote:
It is very bad I don't see why they wanted to make the fights last 1 minute they made a time limit and less health bars. It really sucks and the one big complaint that I have with this game.
Oh, and the fights are 99 counts. Each count seems slightly longer than a second, so in reality battles last about 2 minutes, not 1. Not singleing you out, just clarifying.

Spoiler:
"You accept darkness, yet choose to live in the light. So why is it that you loathe us who teeter on the edge of nothing? We who were turned away by both light and dark - never given a choice? - Xemnas

Last edited by pathbeyondthedark; 12-01-2010 at 08:02 PM.
pathbeyondthedark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 02:26 PM   #5
Mikey
Freshmen Academy Student

Mikey is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Personally don't think it's that bad. 2 minutes is enough time for a ko, at least for me and the people who have beat me.
Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 02:28 PM   #6
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

I hate it. I've lost so many times because it was 8% vs. 7% or something because of that time limit.
Shikamaru Nara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 02:28 PM   #7
Taker369
Has Surpassed Outdoor Activities
Coca Cola Disciple

Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

Awards Showcase

storm 2 shouldnt have a time limit online they should take it out if they make a 3rd

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Spoiler:
Tifa Legacy is now in my sig =3

YouTube:
src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">
Taker369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 04:57 PM   #8
NarutoUzumaki12
Special Jonin Candidate

NarutoUzumaki12 has completed a tough C-rank mission!NarutoUzumaki12 has completed a tough C-rank mission!NarutoUzumaki12 has completed a tough C-rank mission!

99 counts aint that bad.I usually Kill someone b4 50 counts are up

Naruto is Finnaly where it belongs on Toonami

Currently playing: Assassin's Creed 3

Spoiler:
Rest in peace Neji

NarutoUzumaki12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 08:20 PM   #9
♫Shaman♫
Academy Graduate

♫Shaman♫ is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Veterans from ninja storm 1 wont rlly hav a problem with this function and even with the time limit it takes skill to ko a guy who uses the control stik instead of the O button

(^))) Tobi's A Good Boy!
/_!_\Put this on your sig if you love Tobi
/l/l/l
(^-^) My Sword Will Eat Your Chakra!
/_!_\ Put this on your sig if you love Kisame
♫Shaman♫ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 10:31 AM   #10
Insane
Ninja Academy Student

Insane is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

many players put on the runaway and throw tatic because of this and it pisses me off
Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 04:29 PM   #11
NarutoUzumaki12
Special Jonin Candidate

NarutoUzumaki12 has completed a tough C-rank mission!NarutoUzumaki12 has completed a tough C-rank mission!NarutoUzumaki12 has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Dash at them

Spoiler:
Rest in peace Neji

Old 12-05-2010, 04:56 PM   #12
Suirad12
Academy Graduate

Suirad12 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathbeyondthedark View Post
In this game, two highly skilled turtlers could go on nearly forever if there were no time limit...It's a necessary evil unfortunately...and the fights are 99 counts. Each count seems slightly longer than a second, so in reality battles last about 2 minutes.
Truths^

Tbh there is nothing wrong with time. People abuse it because its there and they would abuse the absence of it if it wasn't there.
And I believe adding time tests your skill even more because of the pressure it adds.

Opinion nevertheless.

Don't know why people complain...

Google ArashiBoards, the number one UNS2 community!

Psn: Suirad12

Last edited by Suirad12; 12-05-2010 at 04:58 PM.
Suirad12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 04:57 PM   #13
NarutoUzumaki12
Special Jonin Candidate

true.

Spoiler:
Rest in peace Neji

Old 12-15-2010, 09:04 PM   #14
Yo_Slayer
Chunin

Yo_Slayer is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarutoUzumaki12 View Post
true.
Yes, very true.