Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Naruto Discussion Forum > Naruto Manga Discussion

Naruto Manga Discussion All the latest discussions about the Naruto manga (beware, spoilers abound).

Old 11-23-2010, 07:25 PM   #1
YondaimeSage
Ninja Academy Student

YondaimeSage is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Orochimaru's 3rd coffin

We've all seen the theories on Kabuto's mystery coffin. Some of these theories have included the likes of the First Hokage, Senju Hashirama. Although this has been for the most part discredited due to the fact that the Third sealed both the First and Second into the Death Reaper during his battle with Orochimaru.

I've noticed something odd, maybe nothing. During the fight between Orochimaru and the Third, Orochimaru performs Edo Tensi and summons both the First and Second, and as the third coffin (presumably the Fourth Hokage) was about to rise, the Third says he must stop that coffin, and does. The problem is, how could the Fourth be summoned when his soul is sealed within the Death Reaper? and who was it if not the Fourth? If it was indeed the Fourth, that means Orochimaru had figured a way to revive souls from the Death Reaper, although this is unlikely. Could it be that Kabuto's mystery coffin is this same coffin?
YondaimeSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 07:32 PM   #2
Memitim
Lord Commander of the Kingsguard

Memitim strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Memitim strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Memitim strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Memitim strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Memitim strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Memitim strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Memitim strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Memitim strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Memitim strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Memitim strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Memitim strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Memitim strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Memitim strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.
Send a message via Skype™ to Memitim
Default Re: Orochimaru's 3rd coffin

It was filler.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Memitim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 07:34 PM   #3
Kunoichi
Easily Bribed

Kunoichi just might be Kage someday.
Kunoichi just might be Kage someday.Kunoichi just might be Kage someday.Kunoichi just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

I belive this is what experts call a "continuity error"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Spoiler:

Kunoichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 07:40 PM   #4
SageKyuubi
Genin

SageKyuubi is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

well if it was the 4th then we would have seen him with the other kages Kabuto revived so that option is out and pretty much all the kages 1-4 are sealed so they are out too, the only thing we know is that whoever is in that coffin... Madara was effected by just seeing it, so you gotta think who would Madara be most suprised to see, its interesting but im more interested in how the 3rd knew how to stop Endo Tensei
Old 11-23-2010, 08:29 PM   #5
Jakropha
Your Lord Zetsoom

Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Meh

Im pretty sure that was a fluke, as we can tell, that wasnt in the manga, and Manga plot dictates that Minato cant be summoned.

But what if plot dication is wrong?

I mean, Minato could be summoned

[Pretty sure its a blooper on Anime's fault]

Jakropha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 11:08 AM   #6
zerosameri

zerosameri just might be Kage someday.
zerosameri just might be Kage someday.zerosameri just might be Kage someday.zerosameri just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakropha View Post
Meh

Im pretty sure that was a fluke, as we can tell, that wasnt in the manga, and Manga plot dictates that Minato cant be summoned.

But what if plot dication is wrong?

I mean, Minato could be summoned

[Pretty sure its a blooper on Anime's fault]
but Minato won't be summoned Stupid Kishi. Minato will troll the war! XD

zerosameri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 12:55 PM   #7
deidara330
Mr. Serious

deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

The third coffin was in the manga. It just didn't rise up out of the ground. However, the anime put a four on it, because they thought it was the Fourth Hokage. Even though it couldn't be, since half of Minato's soul was in the Death God's stomach and the other half was in Naruto himself. Neither coffin was shown, so both could be the same. Good theory, I never made the connection before.
deidara330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 08:21 AM   #8
Revived Kakuzu
Chunin Exam Participant

Revived Kakuzu is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Yeah, everyone assumed it was Minato. If it wasn't, it was definitely someone very strong, since Hiruzen desperately had to stop it (he had the chance to stop the first two as well, guess he's just slow from old age).
And, i'd also think that it's someone who hails from konoha. (Thinks) Oh god, I really don't know.
Also, you guys talking about Kabuto, he may have revived the other hokages. They only showed us three, but he might've chose more. For example, with the 'famous ninja' it only showed some, but we later saw some extras.
So, perhaps someone with strong enough chakra can rip a soul out of the reaper's stomach?
Revived Kakuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 08:56 AM   #9
SilentBlade
Special Jonin Candidate

SilentBlade is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.SilentBlade is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
SilentBlade is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.SilentBlade is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.SilentBlade is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Probably done for dramatic effect? I mean what does it really look like when a soul trapped in the reaper is attempted to be summoned? Perhaps that was the intrepretation of that situation.

The question as to what will happen with the souls trapped in the reaper will either be ignored (meaning nothing), or somthing purely unexpected (considering the contents). However, as for that situation, I'd just speculate for dramatic effect on an anime.
SilentBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 10:11 AM   #10
Revived Kakuzu
Chunin Exam Participant

Revived Kakuzu is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

So you're saying that, Orochi's third coffin did in fact house Minato, and that is a plothole?
Revived Kakuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 10:30 AM   #11
HiddenRoar
Apprentice Genin

HiddenRoar is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by deidara330 View Post
The third coffin was in the manga. It just didn't rise up out of the ground. However, the anime put a four on it, because they thought it was the Fourth Hokage. Even though it couldn't be, since half of Minato's soul was in the Death God's stomach and the other half was in Naruto himself. Neither coffin was shown, so both could be the same. Good theory, I never made the connection before.
No. Half of the KYUUBI's SOUL is in the reaper and half is in Naruto. Minato's whole soul is stuck in the reaper. Did you ignore the whole Ying Yang half of the Kyuubi's chakra talk this whole time because it was too hard to understand? Minato only stored a portion of his CHAKRA in Naruto.

"I mean what does it really look like when a soul trapped in the reaper is attempted to be summoned? Perhaps that was the intrepretation of that situation."
No. Hiruzen did a Jutsu to stop the coffin from appearing, not because Oro didn't know if it could be summoned or not.

And did everyone forgot about the 4th Kazekage? Hiruzen would probably know something is wrong if Orochimaru suddenly revealed himself in the official Kage garb while no sign of the 4th Kazekage was around. The coffin could have been him.
HiddenRoar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 10:35 AM   #12
Lady Tsunade
Old.

Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Plot Hole..perhaps.

On the other hand, Kabuto has summoned up a coffin whose content is currently unknown. Speculation has it that the coffin really contains Madara, or perhaps Izuna. Maybe the contents of the coffin Orochimaru summoned weren't shown, intentionally? If you get what I mean.
Lady Tsunade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 03:08 PM   #13
EvL j3st3r
Chunin Exam Proctor

EvL j3st3r is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.EvL j3st3r is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.EvL j3st3r is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.EvL j3st3r is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

If the third coffin was in the manga (I'm not sure if it was) it was either a mistake.........or........we were only led to believe that Sarutobi's technique stopped the casket, while in reality, it didn't open bc that's what happens when you try to summon a soul that's consumed by the reaper.
^red.
You may want to respell that.

Sorry Kalmeast...........it's just too funny to let die.
EvL j3st3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 05:05 PM   #14
SharinganSage
Chunin Exam Participant

SharinganSage is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.SharinganSage is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.SharinganSage is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.SharinganSage is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

what justsu exactly did Sarutobi use to stop the coffin? all i saw was the shadow shuriken. i doubt that shuriken could stop the coffin from rising. sorry, it would be cool if there was a plot to it, but Oro mustve tried to reanimate the 4th. plus i doubt that the Madara Coffin thing was planned all the way back then. I mean, that was the Original Naruto, that was a long time ago. i dont know anyone who plans that far ahead. (except maybe Shikamaru lol)
SharinganSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 05:43 PM   #15
EvL j3st3r
Chunin Exam Proctor

EvL j3st3r is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.EvL j3st3r is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.EvL j3st3r is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.EvL j3st3r is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharinganSage View Post
what justsu exactly did Sarutobi use to stop the coffin? all i saw was the shadow shuriken. i doubt that shuriken could stop the coffin from rising. sorry, it would be cool if there was a plot to it, but Oro mustve tried to reanimate the 4th. plus i doubt that the Madara Coffin thing was planned all the way back then. I mean, that was the Original Naruto, that was a long time ago. i dont know anyone who plans that far ahead. (except maybe Shikamaru lol)

Not sure about the manga but in the anime he used some kind of seal or something. And if it was the fourth being summoned it's not about Kishi planning that far ahead........It's about not stepping on what he's already written.
^red.

Old 11-30-2010, 06:28 PM   #16
HiddenRoar
Apprentice Genin

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvL j3st3r View Post
If the third coffin was in the manga (I'm not sure if it was) it was either a mistake.........or........we were only led to believe that Sarutobi's technique stopped the casket, while in reality, it didn't open bc that's what happens when you try to summon a soul that's consumed by the reaper.
No it wasn't (no coffin shown in manga). Read the response I give to SharinganSage since it applies to you too.

Quote:
Do I have to hold your hand all the way or can you finish reading the damn chapter like a big boy. He completed SSJ the same time (or earlier) Oro finished Edo Tensei's handseals. He then started another jutsu after he saw the 1st coffin go up and finished after the 2nd.
Old 11-30-2010, 07:33 PM   #17
Uchiha Raimaru
Special Jonin Candidate

Uchiha Raimaru has completed a tough C-rank mission!Uchiha Raimaru has completed a tough C-rank mission!Uchiha Raimaru has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Quote:
Yeah, the coffin kinda was in the manga. It was about to be summoned but never rose, whereas in the anime it rose halfway. I also think that Sarutobi trying to stop it was just coincidence, when really it's the effects of trying to summon a soul that's in the Reaper.

Quote:
i dont know anyone who plans that far ahead. (except maybe Shikamaru lol)
Speaking of Shikamaru, I believe OUR Shikamaru Nara has a thread about foreshadowing in title pages and such. At least, I think it's him that started the thread.

Uchiha Raimaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 08:50 PM   #18
EvL j3st3r
Chunin Exam Proctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiddenRoar View Post
No it wasn't (no coffin shown in manga). Read the response I give to SharinganSage since it applies to you too.

Do I have to hold your hand all the way or can you finish reading the damn chapter like a big boy. He completed SSJ the same time (or earlier) Oro finished Edo Tensei's handseals. He then started another jutsu after he saw the 1st coffin go up and finished after the 2nd.
Actually....I didn't read the chapters this far back. I started them after I could go no further with the anime (somewhere around the time team Kakashi encountered Sasuke in Oro's hide-out).

And why the "I'm intelligent and you're all stupid" attitude. I stated that I wasn't sure exactly what was in the manga at this point in the story (since I saw this part on anime), and I'm aware of the order of events. So, I don't see how your reply to SharinganSage applies to me at all.
^red.

Old 11-30-2010, 10:50 PM   #19
HiddenRoar
Apprentice Genin

Quote:
And why the "I'm intelligent and you're all stupid" attitude. I stated that I wasn't sure exactly what was in the manga at this point in the story (since I saw this part on anime), and I'm aware of the order of events. So, I don't see how your reply to SharinganSage applies to me at all.
Fine, I admit I made a mistake by lumping you in with SharinganSage. At least you remember Hiruzen doing another jutsu after SSJ.

"Yeah, the coffin kinda was in the manga. It was about to be summoned but never rose, whereas in the anime it rose halfway. I also think that Sarutobi trying to stop it was just coincidence, when really it's the effects of trying to summon a soul that's in the Reaper."

So according to you, Hiruzen just did a bunch of hand signals before finishing in order to perform... nothing. Uh huh... way to ignore the fact that he said to himself that he was able to stop the 3rd coffin from rising.

"what justsu exactly did Sarutobi use to stop the coffin? all i saw was the shadow shuriken. i doubt that shuriken could stop the coffin from rising. sorry, it would be cool if there was a plot to it, but Oro mustve tried to reanimate the 4th."

Notice how people announce their jutsus AFTER they finish the required handseals? Hiruzen announced it before Orochimaru even finished Edo Tensei (We see the mass Shadow Shurikens)
To top it off, want to tell me what's the last handseal needed for SSJ? Tiger (Which we see him do at the same time he announces SSJ)
Want to tell me why he finishes his second jutsu with a Snake seal (which isn't even part of the SSJ handseals)
Sorry, you're not cool nor can you read a comic. Don't try again.
Old 11-30-2010, 11:25 PM   #20
SimpleGenin
Special Jonin Candidate

SimpleGenin saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

It could be a plot hole.

4th Mizukage perhaps? Madara would react in seeing Yagura and the 3rd might have known of Yagura's ability. Despite what most think, I think that the 3rd still held and knew about alot of the history in the Naruto world.

Tags
fourth hokage, kabuto, madara, minato, orochimaru, sarutobi hiruzen