Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Leaf Village Council > Forum Feedback & Issues

Forum Feedback & Issues Having problems using the forums or site? Maybe you have some feedback about the site you'd like to share? Post it here.

Old 08-02-2010, 04:38 PM   #21
Kon
...wants a different title?
Formerly Naruto/Fan Boy

Kon has completed a tough C-rank mission!Kon has completed a tough C-rank mission!
Default Re: Petition to split Off Topic into sub-forums.

I thought about something just imagine how much post count would increase if off topic counted
Kon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 04:40 PM   #22
Lavitz Slambert
Genin

Lavitz Slambert is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

It would increase alot that's for sure. It would be unbearable. Lots of spamming!!!!!
I wanted you to see what real courage is, instead of getting the idea that courage is a man with a gun in his hand. It's when you know you're licked before you begin but you begin anyway and you see it through no matter what.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My name is Lavitz. I am a knight in the service of King Albert

You have been away from each other for five years. It's natural not to know about each other.

I am the head of the First Knighthood Of Basil, Lavitz Slambert.

My Bro:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Lavitz Slambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 04:40 PM   #23
Maikeru D. Shinigami
Super High School Level Narcissist
Quasi-Admin

Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via AIM to Maikeru D. Shinigami Send a message via MSN to Maikeru D. Shinigami Send a message via Yahoo to Maikeru D. Shinigami

I approve.

YouTube:
src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">
Maikeru D. Shinigami is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 10:22 PM   #24
Zoro
Academy Graduate

Zoro is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

*signs*
Zoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 07:36 PM   #25
deidara330
Mr. Serious

deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

I bumpeth this thread.
deidara330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 08:22 PM   #26
Black Shuck
Special Jonin Candidate

Black Shuck is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Or you can make a section in off-topic where the threads will be deleted/archived after its expiration date/served its purpose/dead/etc. So the members can post temporary-and-not-so-important threads there.
And rest of the OT stays as it is.

<((:))> <((:))>
.'l'.
.'l'.
----
v
I think. I think I am. Therefore I am... I think.
_________
Spoiler:
I tell you everything that is really nothing, and nothing of what is everything, do not be fooled by what I am saying. Please listen carefully and try to hear what I am not saying.
-C.C.Finn-
Rainbow Tables & unicorns on weed. lolOPHC!!
. . . . . .
Black Shuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 10:27 PM   #27
truoble88

Imagine .... I would have 14 post :O
  Reply With Quote Add Dice Roll To Message
Old 08-03-2010, 11:11 PM   #28
shantanu
Chunin Exam Proctor

shantanu is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

*signs*
nice idea i would love some sections about music or games or something fun.

Also when splitted normal mods can take help of people in diffrent section who are willing to help.

I can help if wanted.
Old 08-03-2010, 11:16 PM   #29
darkjam
Special Jonin Candidate

darkjam is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

/signs o.o
darkjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 12:28 AM   #30
zerosameri

zerosameri just might be Kage someday.
zerosameri just might be Kage someday.zerosameri just might be Kage someday.zerosameri just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by deidara330 View Post
Off Topic is now the largest forum, and is 7 times larger than the BG, which is being put up for consideration for sub-forums. Off Topic has nearly 1,000,000 posts, which is over 1/4 of the entire Naruto Forums. And it covers a wide variety of subjects that haven't been given their own forums, such as music, movies and TV, literature, sports, and "Just about anything you can think of under the sun." There was even once a petition for a Music forum, and that was over 4 months ago. And I made a post about this specifically in a thread for suggestions for new forums, and at least 4 people agreed with me, and that was 3 months ago. If we wait any longer to divide Off Topic into sub-forums, it will only become so large that dividing the threads up will be an impossible task. Dividing Off Topic into sub-forums will reduce the massive spam, it'll allow decent Off Topic threads to last more than 5 minutes, and it'll make the forums a more organized place. Besides, there's already a petition for better forum quality, so this may as well contribute to that greatly.

Edit: I'm requesting that the mods or admins split the Off-Topic into 5 subforums: Music, Literature, Movies and TV, Sports, and Other. A group of mods who were dedicated and willing would divide the threads up into each subforum.

Petition signers/supporters:
deidara330
Shikamaru Nara
yondaime
Shika-Fiend
Maikeru Shinigami
Zoro
When do we every talk about literature enough to have it's own sub forum? The only time is when we ever talk about sports is when something like the world cup happens, so we don't need s sports sub forum. A good 90% of thread's will be put into other... :/

zerosameri is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 07:50 AM   #31
9tail
Chunin Exam Proctor

9tail has completed a tough C-rank mission!9tail has completed a tough C-rank mission!9tail has completed a tough C-rank mission!

If i may, i would like to be against this for more than a few reasons.
1.) Off-topic is an informal place to talk about things that aren't nessicary and don't really contribute the forums often, if at all, and shouldn't be split up because of the sheer lack of formality.
2.) because of the informality of off-topic, lets face it, off-topic would have a person assume it would be informal and made for things that don't have reason, if you split it up, it will be made into, "i have an idea! But it involves several categories, i should PM a mod for my question!" u really want that? xD.
3.) if you split up off-topic, (someone already said this, in a different way, they just said off-topic would die.) the life of the entire forum would diminish, since, if it is so large, many people go there to have fun and, as a whole, really do contribute to people coming to the forums.
A.) where do people go for a laugh? Off-topic.
B.) where do people random threads about "guess what happened". Off-topic
C.) where do people go to do almost anything they can think of "under the sun"? Off-topic
D.) as i actually have, would some people actually get a few members on here for talking about some thread? Yes.
4.) i know most of these things would be covered by, "other" but, think for a second, all the other sub-forums would be almost entirely ignored, most likely, and "other" would just be the new off-topic with restrictions.
This layout was bad, and my writing worse, but give me a break, im an eighth grader, who at least got most of the grammar right. Btw, i found this thread by stalking one of you...o.o
Old 08-15-2010, 07:55 AM   #32
Vocaloid
Special Jonin Candidate

Vocaloid completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vocaloid completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vocaloid completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vocaloid completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vocaloid completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vocaloid completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vocaloid completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vocaloid completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vocaloid completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vocaloid completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vocaloid completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vocaloid completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

Awards Showcase

/signs

While I support this, it's really all up to the admins/mods.

Vocaloid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 06:27 AM   #33
Ur Mom
Special Jonin Candidate

Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Awards Showcase

/Bump This needs to be followed more

BTW, sign

Ur Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 12:40 PM   #34
deidara330
Mr. Serious

deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Well. I really didn't expect this to be bumped. But since it was I changed my request so that Off-Topic only has 2 sub-forums, containing a larger variety of subjects. That way each individual subforum won't simply be neglected. Is that okay with those who've already signed the petition?
deidara330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 01:13 PM   #35
Invisible Fog
Veteran Chunin

Invisible Fog is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

I sign.
Old 11-27-2010, 02:40 PM   #36
Ur Mom
Special Jonin Candidate

Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by deidara330 View Post
Well. I really didn't expect this to be bumped. But since it was I changed my request so that Off-Topic only has 2 sub-forums, containing a larger variety of subjects. That way each individual subforum won't simply be neglected. Is that okay with those who've already signed the petition?
The last say goes to the admins, and they'll probably say otherwise somehow

Ur Mom is offline   Reply With Quote