Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Cutting Edge > Debate Forum

Debate Forum Debate interesting non-Naruto topics. All forum rules apply.

Old 11-13-2010, 07:48 AM   #1
Sunagakure
Is made of greatness, intellect, and everything awesome.

Sunagakure has completed a tough C-rank mission!Sunagakure has completed a tough C-rank mission!Sunagakure has completed a tough C-rank mission!
Default Piggy banks made of... real piglets. Is this acceptable?

So my friend Rosa sent me a link to an article about a company that is making piggy banks out of real piglets. Yes, you heard me correctly - they get a taxidermist to use real piglets and turn them into piggy banks.

The article can be found here: http://www.montrealgazette.com/life/...tml?id=3806884

We have been having a heated debate about this issue. I'm curious to hear what you have to say:

What do you think about piggy banks made of real piglets?

If an animal dies of natural causes (that is, it is not killed to make an item), is it ok to then use the animal's body in such a manner?

Does the item the animal is being used to create affect your opinion? Is, say, turning a cow's hide into a leather jacket different than turning a piglet into a bank? If you feel they are different, how are they different?

Have fun debating!
~ Suna

* Getting lost along the path of life...
Sunagakure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 08:54 PM   #2
mrsticky005

mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Piggy banks made of... real piglets. Is this acceptable?

We eat pigs. Why not?

It's rather gross though.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Spam once and the forum will be annoyed.
Spam twice and warnings will be deployed
Spam thrice and a infraction you will receive
Spam 8,984 times and a FAIL Agent you''ll soon be.

...At least in my case.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
mrsticky005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 08:57 PM   #3
Nick Tasogare
Special Jonin Candidate

Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nick Tasogare

Ok, that's just not right. Sure, we get ham, bacon, etc from pigs, but taxidermy, in my opinion, is just wrong and disgusting. It's one thing to eat meat from a pig, but it's a whole other thing when you kill it just to stuff it's body for some child's bank.

Can Herr SRhyse and Frau Muffintop please remove my staff "powers"? The Mod Rules are a joke and everybody knows it lol I don't follow that last rule well enough, and I don't want to endanger the Communist Rule of the People's Republic of NDF. Thanks.

/Heil

Oh wait, now there's drama so I just have to watch this all blow up.
Nick Tasogare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 08:58 PM   #4
Maikeru D. Shinigami
Super High School Level Narcissist
Quasi-Admin

Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via AIM to Maikeru D. Shinigami Send a message via MSN to Maikeru D. Shinigami Send a message via Yahoo to Maikeru D. Shinigami

I disapprove.

YouTube:
src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">
Maikeru D. Shinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 09:13 PM   #5
Bacon

Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Considering the often overlooked industrial cruelty inflicted to livestock on massive industrial farms, this is not that bad morally. A lot of people(including myself) consume pork, so it's not cruel to kill the pig for its body. However, having a pig as a piggy bank would be unsettling to me. Unlike the bacon that I fry on my skillet, the piggy bank will be here to stay. It will be a reminder of the poor piggy that died so that I could fuffill some twisted desire to have a real pig's corpse serve as my container for my currency.

Quote:

12:11 PM So you enter the debate with full knowledge that you know nothing of worth on the subject, and then state you will not make an effort to learn. Way to be poster-boy for blight of the forum. Leave discussions of intelligence to those that have it.

Click the dratini for anime rants
Bacon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 09:14 PM   #6
Devroux

Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

I'm not pro-PETA or a vigilante for animal rights but I know that's wrong. Who would want one of those? Gross.
χ Δ|✝ΣR

Devroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 11:04 AM   #7
Ur Mom
Special Jonin Candidate

Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Awards Showcase

Even if the pig dies of natural death, it's just gross, I wouldn't stick my hand in there

Ur Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 11:10 AM   #8
Pain_man_who_became_god
Chunin

Pain_man_who_became_god is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

i have to say, that is awesome. now its ironic because it IS a piggybank. at least this one doesnt break when it falls off the shelf and people can save money cuz theyll think twice before grabbing change out of it. can i have a panda bank made out of a panda?

Legend has it that Uchiha Madara was bested by Hashirama Senju...but is the legend true?

^^^^
( *))))
--|----
/ & \
| & |

PSN; krustybumm

Pain_man_who_became_god is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 01:04 PM   #9
Ur Mom
Special Jonin Candidate

Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pain_man_who_became_god View Post
i have to say, that is awesome. now its ironic because it IS a piggybank. at least this one doesnt break when it falls off the shelf and people can save money cuz theyll think twice before grabbing change out of it. can i have a panda bank made out of a panda?

Ur Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 03:46 PM   #10
Chidori of Death
Special Jonin Candidate

Chidori of Death has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Chidori of Death has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Chidori of Death has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Chidori of Death has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Chidori of Death has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Chidori of Death has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Chidori of Death has a spectacular chakra aura going on.
Send a message via AIM to Chidori of Death Send a message via Yahoo to Chidori of Death

That's....HORRIBLE!D8

Chidori of Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 03:52 PM   #11
TheTrueMasterofIllusions
Special Jonin Candidate

TheTrueMasterofIllusions has a spectacular chakra aura going on.TheTrueMasterofIllusions has a spectacular chakra aura going on.TheTrueMasterofIllusions has a spectacular chakra aura going on.TheTrueMasterofIllusions has a spectacular chakra aura going on.TheTrueMasterofIllusions has a spectacular chakra aura going on.TheTrueMasterofIllusions has a spectacular chakra aura going on.
Send a message via Yahoo to TheTrueMasterofIllusions Send a message via Skype™ to TheTrueMasterofIllusions

I'm not with PETA(Bunch of wackosin my opinion) but that's just down right gross.
Annie(Anathema),
Bella(Bell), Byakugan(Bya),
Hinata(Hina), Naruto fan10!(Naru),
Storm50(Stormbringer), Abe Uzumaki(Abs),King Kakashi(Mushu), George
TheTrueMasterofIllusions is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 03:56 PM   #12
Kiko-kun
Jonin
Formerly a Hyuuga

Kiko-kun is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Kiko-kun is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Kiko-kun is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Kiko-kun is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Kiko-kun is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Kiko-kun is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Kiko-kun is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Kiko-kun is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Kiko-kun is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Kiko-kun is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Kiko-kun is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

D: Poor piggy

^ My future wife.
WOOT.WOOT.WOOT.WOOT.WOOT.WOOT.WOOT.WOOT.
Kiko-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 04:24 PM   #13
Tsukinomai
Special Jonin Candidate

Tsukinomai saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

This is just plain cruel to animals why have a piggybank made out of a real piggy? That's just sooo sick and twisted, why not have a plastic piggy and let the real piglets grow so that they can be sent to market?

I live on a farm and when you live on a farm you learn to accept that fact that if the animal dies you tried your absolute hardest to give it the most comfortable death possible.

But killing it for another thing to hold money in? This world is sick and twisted. Mother Nature will reclaim what is hers. This is my opinion on this sick debate. (No offense intended anywhere), I'm a vegan and I hate to see animals die. That's why my family runs an animal rescue. If you buy one of these piggybanks all respect toward you from me is gone. ._.

Tsukinomai

Tsukinomai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 01:03 AM   #14
mrsticky005

mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Tasogare View Post
Ok, that's just not right. Sure, we get ham, bacon, etc from pigs, but taxidermy, in my opinion, is just wrong and disgusting. It's one thing to eat meat from a pig, but it's a whole other thing when you kill it just to stuff it's body for some child's bank.
What about killing frogs so students can poke around them with a knife
and learn where it's guts are located? How is that any different?

...At least in my case.
Old 11-17-2010, 01:10 AM   #15
Maikeru D. Shinigami
Super High School Level Narcissist
Quasi-Admin

Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via AIM to Maikeru D. Shinigami Send a message via MSN to Maikeru D. Shinigami Send a message via Yahoo to Maikeru D. Shinigami

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsticky005 View Post
What about killing frogs so students can poke around them with a knife
and learn where it's guts are located? How is that any different?
I disapprove of dissection.

YouTube:
src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">
Maikeru D. Shinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 03:07 AM   #16
sasu_girl
Lovely Girl :3
Special Jonin Candidate

sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

i'm a vegetarian. but that does not change that the really piggy piggy bank is:
1) disgusting
2) in humane

if you bought that for a child they'd break down in tears anyway, so why buy it for them? they don't want pigs to die, so why kill one for them? and if you're an ADULT and use this then why not try a real bank? i hear they work well.

~*~*~*슈퍼주니어*~*~*~
sasu_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 08:08 AM   #17
mrsticky005

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maikeru Shinigami View Post
I disapprove of dissection.
Well you're consistent and I'll give you points for that.

Though the way I see it is that there's not much need to cause an uproar
over a real piglet piggy bank. Why? Because it's not something marketable.
I seriously doubt this would be something they'd be making in factories.
I mean I couldn't care less about the piglet being made into a piggy bank
but I'm not going to pay money to put money in a dead pig. It's just weird.
Sure, they'll be a few people who might buy it just for the sake of having it.
But most people aren't going to waste money on a "real pig" piggy bank.
Seriously I doubt most people even buy piggy banks anymore.

...At least in my case.
Old 11-17-2010, 08:28 AM   #18
Pain_man_who_became_god
Chunin

Pain_man_who_became_god is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

I bet GIR will own that business with zim commanding him LMAO hahaha

Legend has it that Uchiha Madara was bested by Hashirama Senju...but is the legend true?

^^^^
( *))))
--|----
/ & \
| & |

PSN; krustybumm

Old 11-17-2010, 08:55 AM   #19
Snow Ninja
Freshmen Academy Student

Snow Ninja is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to Snow Ninja Send a message via Skype™ to Snow Ninja

Wrong just wrong... its bad enough already that we raise them to just slaughter them in the end, but I think its going to far to use animals (namely piglets) for something that benefits nothing but holding your 'change'... What are ppl thinking these days???
Old 11-17-2010, 09:55 AM   #20
Pain_man_who_became_god
Chunin

in response to quote "get a heart fool" i have to say "get a sense of humor fool" cant people here on the forums take a joke? everyone gets so serious geez. like i honestly support a piglet bank for your money. o you humans, such offendable creatures

^^^^
( *))))
--|----
/ & \
| & |

PSN; krustybumm