Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Naruto Discussion Forum > Naruto Games

Naruto Games We're all about games in this section -- all Naruto games, that is.

Old 11-11-2010, 07:16 PM   #21
zerosameri

zerosameri just might be Kage someday.
zerosameri just might be Kage someday.zerosameri just might be Kage someday.zerosameri just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: When you are really getting beat do you spam?

I think I do. All I do is us the same button throw out the whole fight. Then when I'm about to lose I try and use uber combos XD

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

zerosameri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 08:50 PM   #22
pathbeyondthedark
Chunin Exam Participant

pathbeyondthedark is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by deidara#1 View Post
Some people try to get around the fact that they lose by saying the other person spammed but when I say someone spammed I mean they spammed. Running away and doing their jutus 4 or 5 times charging then doing another 4 or 5 jutus.

Well thanks for being one of those people who completely ruin the game for everyone else.
You're probably right unfortunately, for "sore" losers and for people who disconnect (I REALLY hate these people)

I gotta say, people who just stay away throwing projectiles/long range jutsu get BEYOND on my nerves. Then, you find an opening to get close and they just sub and back away.

I feel you on the "true" spammers.

Spoiler:
"You accept darkness, yet choose to live in the light. So why is it that you loathe us who teeter on the edge of nothing? We who were turned away by both light and dark - never given a choice? - Xemnas
pathbeyondthedark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 09:09 PM   #23
Reyno
Genin

Reyno is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by deidara#1 View Post
Some people try to get around the fact that they lose by saying the other person spammed but when I say someone spammed I mean they spammed. Running away and doing their jutus 4 or 5 times charging then doing another 4 or 5 jutus.

Well thanks for being one of those people who completely ruin the game for everyone else.
What character has such an inescapable jutsu that doing this would defeat anyone or even be slightly threatening?
Reyno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 09:45 PM   #24
pathbeyondthedark
Chunin Exam Participant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reyno View Post
What character has such an inescapable jutsu that doing this would defeat anyone or even be slightly threatening?
I think it's just annoying, even if it is escapable.

My impulse tells me to get closer, so i wait for the moment and do. I usually attack, they block/sub and counter, I sub and counter for an easy hit. This disorients them often, and its simple from there.

But the REALLY good ones always sub and back away again. They block/dodge my projectiles/jutsu from afar, then overwhelm you and try to hit a team jutsu. Before you know it theres ten seconds on the clock and your health is a jutsu or two away from theres, but they just sub and run the freakin clock out. Any advice? cause I value your input since I know your reputation for being a great player.

Spoiler:
"You accept darkness, yet choose to live in the light. So why is it that you loathe us who teeter on the edge of nothing? We who were turned away by both light and dark - never given a choice? - Xemnas
Old 11-12-2010, 10:42 AM   #25
INFINITE LIGHT
Academy Graduate

INFINITE LIGHT is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via AIM to INFINITE LIGHT Send a message via MSN to INFINITE LIGHT Send a message via Yahoo to INFINITE LIGHT

Basically your asking

"When you are getting beat do you revert to using the most effective strategy for defeating my opponent even though it is viewed my the masses of this community as wrong?"

I use the most effective strategy to defeat my opponents at all times.

I will always ask, since the same move is being used over and over again why won't you figure out how to stop it. The move isn't so overpowered that it can't be beaten.

http://www.sirlin.net/articles/playi...Submitted=true

I have the game for both system. NUNS2

Read This

INFINITE LIGHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 12:07 PM   #26
pathbeyondthedark
Chunin Exam Participant

Quote:
Originally Posted by iJustOwnin View Post
Basically your asking

"When you are getting beat do you revert to using the most effective strategy for defeating my opponent even though it is viewed my the masses of this community as wrong?"

I use the most effective strategy to defeat my opponents at all times.

I will always ask, since the same move is being used over and over again why won't you figure out how to stop it. The move isn't so overpowered that it can't be beaten.

http://www.sirlin.net/articles/playi...Submitted=true
I'm asking how to win cause I haven't figured it out yet. I've figured you out, just not the ones who are BETTER at it than you. I'll take any advice, spam or not because I fight fire with fire, especially if water just doesn't cut it.

Spoiler:
Old 11-12-2010, 12:24 PM   #27
Lady Tsunade
Old.

Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

No. If they spam me, I'll spam back though.
Lady Tsunade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 02:11 PM   #28
INFINITE LIGHT
Academy Graduate

INFINITE LIGHT is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via AIM to INFINITE LIGHT Send a message via MSN to INFINITE LIGHT Send a message via Yahoo to INFINITE LIGHT

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathbeyondthedark View Post
I'm asking how to win cause I haven't figured it out yet. I've figured you out, just not the ones who are BETTER at it than you. I'll take any advice, spam or not because I fight fire with fire, especially if water just doesn't cut it.

I ask not the next question out of an egotistic mind wanting you to pove anything to me. No.

I would like you to tell me who you perceive is better than me so I may go and play them.

Of course, I still know I'm better than them and you. But I'm more here to play the game and OWN than to talk.

I have the game for both system. NUNS2

Read This

INFINITE LIGHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 02:12 PM   #29
KesshiStorm2
Apprentice Genin

KesshiStorm2 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

When i'm almost dead and my opponent has more than 50% health I usually try to go into awakening and unload on them. They say it's spam but all it is is trying to survive, especially when you don't even end up winning anyway. Sage Naruto's awakening is called really spammy because of his chakra blasts. If it weren't meant to be used, it wouldn't be there.
Old 11-12-2010, 02:46 PM   #30
D3XTON
Freshmen Academy Student

D3XTON is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Thumbs up Re: When you are really getting beat do you spam?

After reading most of this entire forum, I came to the realization that most of the people on here are those who cannot deal with a legit strategy and then call it "spam". If you can't deal with the same Jutsu or w/e and you keep getting hit by it then it's your own fault for not learning the game and just thinking you can play without learning how to get around moves. I truly believe this thread is in a complete false pretense.

Not saying anything bad about the creator of the thread because I'm sure he or she is a nice person. Just the idea of the phrase" spam". I for one do not take out a canned meat product then eat it while I am really getting beat on. Lol

Last edited by D3XTON; 11-12-2010 at 03:06 PM.
D3XTON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 02:58 PM   #31
Pain_man_who_became_god
Chunin

Pain_man_who_became_god is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

no spam! it doesnt exist!! except in cans

Legend has it that Uchiha Madara was bested by Hashirama Senju...but is the legend true?

^^^^
( *))))
--|----
/ & \
| & |

PSN; krustybumm

Pain_man_who_became_god is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 03:58 PM   #32
Reyno
Genin

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathbeyondthedark View Post
I think it's just annoying, even if it is escapable.

My impulse tells me to get closer, so i wait for the moment and do. I usually attack, they block/sub and counter, I sub and counter for an easy hit. This disorients them often, and its simple from there.

But the REALLY good ones always sub and back away again. They block/dodge my projectiles/jutsu from afar, then overwhelm you and try to hit a team jutsu. Before you know it theres ten seconds on the clock and your health is a jutsu or two away from theres, but they just sub and run the freakin clock out. Any advice? cause I value your input since I know your reputation for being a great player.
Aha, well thanks, but I have my weaknesses too. I've been soundly defeated before. It's rare, but it happens. xD Well if you really want to know how I deal with spammers, and most opponents in general (but this is especially useful against spammers), here's what I would have to say:

Spoiler:
Well first off, the way I deal with them kind of depends on the character. But it's going to be the same for most. If it was, say, Itachi sitting back and spamming fireball I'd just jump out of the way and throw chakra projectiles when he's open. Being an Ino player, her poison flowers are pretty potent and if the opponent isn't careful they'll lose more health than they realize.

I like to remember a couple of things if I'm dealing with a keep-away jutsu spammer. First is evasion, second is patience.

When a match begins I usually focus on evasion. I dodge if I can, block when necessary, but I mainly just put all of my energy into not getting hit. Remember when Tsunade was telling Sakura that the most important thing for a medic is to evade and keep from being hit? This applies. I also use chakra projectiles when I can. Chakra projectiles work well with evading and chipping small amounts of health.

The next step is patience. In my experience most spammers are not very patient. Once they see that their strategy isn't working, that you're evading everything they throw out, they will begin to approach you sheerly out of impatience. And this is when you can work your magic. I promise you that this will work nine times out of ten. That impulse you get to rush them if they're playing keep-away? Ignore it. They will come to you.

The reason this works is because using ninjutsu over and over again creates openings due to startups and cooldowns. Ninjutsus have a predictable trajectory, so if you're expecting one you can easily dodge and fire away with a projectile, or even hit them during startup if you throw continuously. I find that this usually agitates people into approaching you, as once you start to gain the lead in health they feel that they need to even the score. When they try, punish them.

As an example, my most commonly used support is Sakura. After evading and waiting out the spamfest my opponent will usually approach. Having jumped around the entire time, it's nothing surprising if I hop away, but most don't expect Sakura to suddenly come flying out of the air like a bat out of hell. Normally they're hit by this which is immediately folllowed up with Ino's detonating flower.

The only character that this strategy doesn't particularly work (in my case) for is Deidara. I ran across a Twin Bird spammer once, and I'm not very good at dodging those, so I usually have to block. This still does chip damage and it starts eating away at my guard. So as an Ino player, if I come across a Twin Bird spammer I usually return the favor. And when it comes to jutsu spamming Ino is the queen. I believe the activation of detonating flower is the fastest of any projectile, meaning it can be fired with rapid succession unlike any other ninjutsu.

So I basically just outspammed him. Depending on who you play, that may not be an option, but my suggestion would still be to evade as best you can and use projectiles. If you can manage to hit him while he's open and block when the birds arrive, you should still be able to keep your guard safe due to having attacked while chipping away at his health at an equal pace.

You really just have to stay focused and remember to be patient. Sometimes I get impatient, end up doing something reckless, and get punished for it. So often during my matches I mumble "patience, patience" to myself. If you just sit back and watch the opponent for a bit it's almost like the winning strategy appears in front of you. Make the opponent fight at your pace, don't fall into theirs. Elicit predicted responses from your opponent and be prepared to counter those responses. Whoever is able to set the pace of the match will have the advantage.

Well that's my advice anyway xD Whew I'm long-winded... lol
Old 11-12-2010, 04:52 PM   #33
pathbeyondthedark
Chunin Exam Participant

Quote:
Aha, well thanks, but I have my weaknesses too. I've been soundly defeated before. It's rare, but it happens. xD Well if you really want to know how I deal with spammers, and most opponents in general (but this is especially useful against spammers), here's what I would have to say:

Spoiler:
Well first off, the way I deal with them kind of depends on the character. But it's going to be the same for most. If it was, say, Itachi sitting back and spamming fireball I'd just jump out of the way and throw chakra projectiles when he's open. Being an Ino player, her poison flowers are pretty potent and if the opponent isn't careful they'll lose more health than they realize.

I like to remember a couple of things if I'm dealing with a keep-away jutsu spammer. First is evasion, second is patience.

When a match begins I usually focus on evasion. I dodge if I can, block when necessary, but I mainly just put all of my energy into not getting hit. Remember when Tsunade was telling Sakura that the most important thing for a medic is to evade and keep from being hit? This applies. I also use chakra projectiles when I can. Chakra projectiles work well with evading and chipping small amounts of health.

The next step is patience. In my experience most spammers are not very patient. Once they see that their strategy isn't working, that you're evading everything they throw out, they will begin to approach you sheerly out of impatience. And this is when you can work your magic. I promise you that this will work nine times out of ten. That impulse you get to rush them if they're playing keep-away? Ignore it. They will come to you.

The reason this works is because using ninjutsu over and over again creates openings due to startups and cooldowns. Ninjutsus have a predictable trajectory, so if you're expecting one you can easily dodge and fire away with a projectile, or even hit them during startup if you throw continuously. I find that this usually agitates people into approaching you, as once you start to gain the lead in health they feel that they need to even the score. When they try, punish them.

As an example, my most commonly used support is Sakura. After evading and waiting out the spamfest my opponent will usually approach. Having jumped around the entire time, it's nothing surprising if I hop away, but most don't expect Sakura to suddenly come flying out of the air like a bat out of hell. Normally they're hit by this which is immediately folllowed up with Ino's detonating flower.

The only character that this strategy doesn't particularly work (in my case) for is Deidara. I ran across a Twin Bird spammer once, and I'm not very good at dodging those, so I usually have to block. This still does chip damage and it starts eating away at my guard. So as an Ino player, if I come across a Twin Bird spammer I usually return the favor. And when it comes to jutsu spamming Ino is the queen. I believe the activation of detonating flower is the fastest of any projectile, meaning it can be fired with rapid succession unlike any other ninjutsu.

So I basically just outspammed him. Depending on who you play, that may not be an option, but my suggestion would still be to evade as best you can and use projectiles. If you can manage to hit him while he's open and block when the birds arrive, you should still be able to keep your guard safe due to having attacked while chipping away at his health at an equal pace.

You really just have to stay focused and remember to be patient. Sometimes I get impatient, end up doing something reckless, and get punished for it. So often during my matches I mumble "patience, patience" to myself. If you just sit back and watch the opponent for a bit it's almost like the winning strategy appears in front of you. Make the opponent fight at your pace, don't fall into theirs. Elicit predicted responses from your opponent and be prepared to counter those responses. Whoever is able to set the pace of the match will have the advantage.

Well that's my advice anyway xD Whew I'm long-winded... lol
Its funny, cause I realized the same thing about Sakura being highly unpredictable. I use her the most with my main character for three reasons:

1. What you described. You don't know how often I just spring Sakura out for that last hit, especially when I think they're going to swiftly disconnect on me.

2. NTR Naruto's UJ is slow, so it works well to have it hit. Opponents don't expect this as I've seen no one else do the same (some use it only for SM N), so it often works to my favor. Plus, its a great way to come back if I'm trailing.

3. "Bat out of Hell" status works so well for someone attempting any jutsu after a knock back.

I've realized a lot of the things you say. Honestly, I often do the same, but I do get impatient especially if I'm having an off day (which happens a lot unfortunately) or I just lost to someone else because of a stupid mistake.

That being said, having it described to me in detail to where I can see it with my own eyes definitely helps. There are things you describe that I have to work on, like projectiles.

I hate using projectiles because I feel so open to attack when doing so and the damage is so minimal I just completely put it out of my head. I know they open up a myriad of strategies, so I just need to practice a little with using them while keeping myself defended, possibly with a close range support like Pain, who I barely use but really should.

Thanks for the advice, I'm sure it will help a lot.

Spoiler:

Last edited by pathbeyondthedark; 11-12-2010 at 04:58 PM.
Old 11-12-2010, 05:12 PM   #34
Reyno
Genin

Oh trust me I know, I still lose due to stupid mistakes and not keeping a cool head, too. Sometimes I let myself get frustrated during a battle and start taking reckless actions, and I have to remind myself why I lost if I get punished for it.

And yes, Sakura as a support is beastial. She can really be a lifesaver during those strikebacks since she comes flying down on top of the opponent, effectively halting their would-be combo. Sometimes I just use her alone for the "rivals in love" team and I can summon her so often I never have to worry about those strikeback combos. xD I personally rate her the #1 support.

And aside from chipping health, I find that projectiles are mostly useful for one thing - agitation. At the beginning of the battle they can get me the lead I need to make the opponent start doing stupid stuff just to "even the score". That, and it's a really annoying feeling to get hit by projectiles isn't it? It just agitates people into rash behavior sometimes. xD
Old 11-12-2010, 07:05 PM   #35
pathbeyondthedark
Chunin Exam Participant

Quote:
Oh trust me I know, I still lose due to stupid mistakes and not keeping a cool head, too. Sometimes I let myself get frustrated during a battle and start taking reckless actions, and I have to remind myself why I lost if I get punished for it.

And yes, Sakura as a support is beastial. She can really be a lifesaver during those strikebacks since she comes flying down on top of the opponent, effectively halting their would-be combo. Sometimes I just use her alone for the "rivals in love" team and I can summon her so often I never have to worry about those strikeback combos. xD I personally rate her the #1 support.

And aside from chipping health, I find that projectiles are mostly useful for one thing - agitation. At the beginning of the battle they can get me the lead I need to make the opponent start doing stupid stuff just to "even the score". That, and it's a really annoying feeling to get hit by projectiles isn't it? It just agitates people into rash behavior sometimes. xD
I agree, it is REALLY agitating. But when my opponent does it, I take the hits most of the time and I just think to myself "alright, hit me all you want" then take that time to come up with a counter strategy, hit them with an ultimate, and more than double what they just did to me.

It could be because I have that mentality, I just assume my opponent does. Like I said, I just need some practice. I've actually been testing Ino and found out she can do some massive damage with her poison projectiles and flower bombs alone. I see now what you and some others see in her

Spoiler:
Old 11-12-2010, 08:15 PM   #36
HorizonLightss
Genin Elite

HorizonLightss is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via AIM to HorizonLightss

heck yea i do! BUT I AM NOT A spammer in any other way
especially if i am fighting a spammer from the beginning then i have the right to spam them the entire fight
"When people get hurt, they learn to hate... when people hurt others, they become hated and racked with guilt. But knowing that pain allows people to be kind. Pain allows people to grow... and how you grow is up to you."-Jiraiya
HorizonLightss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 08:31 AM   #37
KARINISSOSEXY
Genin

KARINISSOSEXY is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

hell no. Nuh uh. Spamming is the worst. I dont want it to happen to me, so I dont do it. Its so NOT fun. But D/Cing is worse. ALOT WORSE. So if you spam, Idisconnect. simple as that. Know why? I CANT SPAM, but I can sure as hell be unfair. And its not if I THINK your spamming and I can turn it around. Its if I can feel you laughing at me when you've just used a combo you cant sub on to push me away and then use iron sand or fireball jutsu everytime I near (and when I dodge you call in some support) for the 9th time. I'm a Vet. Jonin.

Member of
Fanclub
Member of
Fanclub
',,,,,,
(o-o) I like.....Bugs...
/ .!\ Put this in your sig if
makes you scream. Oh.

Best games (RPGs) in the world EVER: Mother 1, 2, and 3 (Earthbound series....you know, with Ness from Smash Bros.?), Kingdom Hearts Series, Chrono Trigger, Elderscrolls IV: Oblivion, Not to mention Pokemon.

"If Light was Kira, I'd be in turmoil, because Light.....
Is the first friend I've ever had!" -L
KARINISSOSEXY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 09:04 AM   #38
Treflip
Freshmen Academy Student

Treflip is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Nope..If i do spam, then i know its spamming..So far it was only 1 time, and that was with kisame i belive..But man did i face a spammer yesterday...He grabbed spam, kunai spammed, ninjutsu spam..You name it...He did the keep away...I blocked him and send him hate mail..But most of the time, If i get spammed, I D/C..If you can't play fair, why should i stay? and i faced a lars spammer yesterday too....Spammed like crazy.
Treflip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 10:30 AM   #39
pathbeyondthedark
Chunin Exam Participant

How is spamming not fair if its a PART of the game as intended by the creators? It's not cheat codes, hacks, etc. Characters are made to have a strength in a certain area, and the INTELLIGENT spammers who know when and when not to use it exploit that advantage. It may be cheap and easy, but its definitely fair.

I'm not a spammer, I HATE spammers, but they have every right to do so. I sometimes spam if it is the best strategy to counter my opponents, so not everyone spams all the time. If you blindly rush in than of course I'm going to fireball you. If you try to punch me in real life knowing I have a knife or a gun, who's the guy who ends up in a body bag? Animals attack without thinking, not human beings. We punish animals for their lack of intelligence. (just an example, I really love animals.)

If you don't believe me, take SM Naruto. In the manga, all he did was spam Rasenrengan and Rasenshuriken. He's meant to be this way. Itachi stayed away from Sasuke pretty much the whole fight until the end with Susanno, and we all know susanno likes to get close. THESE CHARACTERS WERE MADE TO BE PLAYED THIS WAY!

Just learn to get better or beat them at their own game. Play SMART and don't worry about spamming, only about what you need to do in order to counter and defeat your opponent.

And those of you who DISCONNECT are the ones not playing fair. The creators specifically designed it so that you can see who disconnects a lot. They obviously think this and not spamming is CHEATING.

Spoiler:

Last edited by pathbeyondthedark; 11-13-2010 at 01:09 PM.
Old 11-13-2010, 01:19 PM   #40
TiagoX2
Special Jonin Candidate

TiagoX2 has completed a tough C-rank mission!TiagoX2 has completed a tough C-rank mission!

My Score is 118 Wins and 18 losses,
I never spammed so this makes me a better player than the noobs that spam and have 1000+ wins and 10 losses :/

BTW, dont add me on PSN anymore XD (i hate spammers )

|||||||||||||||\
|||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||/
||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||
|||/|||||||||||\|||||||||||||||||\_..
||/||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||_\|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||//
|||||||||||||||||/
||||\||||||||||||/||||
|||||||||||||||||||||
|\||||||||||||||||\||

Spoiler:

Be a good player, Dont Spam : ) (i dont want to win so easily
)
TiagoX2 is offline   Reply With Quote