Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Naruto Discussion Forum > Naruto Manga Discussion > Naruto Manga Archives

Naruto Manga Archives A collection of some of the best theories and discussions that Town Bookstore has to offer.

Old 11-10-2010, 01:38 PM   #41
Medical Ninja
Ninja Academy Student

Medical Ninja is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: Chapter 516 Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semog View Post
Wasn't he Gaara's aide?? and what's his kekkei genkai?
he was shown in the Naruto Shippuden Movie 3 as one of the bodies Hiruko (the missing nin in the movie, not sasori's puppet) absorbed so his Kekkai Genkai is either: stone release, dark release, swift release, or storm release. My guess is stone release. it would make the most sense, since he's from iwagakure
Old 11-10-2010, 01:50 PM   #42
Semog
Special Jonin Candidate

Semog is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Semog is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Semog is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Semog is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

It does make sense. Thanks for explaining, I didn't watch any of the movies D:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

lolwut?
Old 11-10-2010, 02:15 PM   #43
Jutsu Junkie
Chunin Exam Proctor

Jutsu Junkie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Jutsu Junkie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Jutsu Junkie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Jutsu Junkie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Jutsu Junkie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

I'm thinking Anko is done. Certainly her little boyscout troupe is finished, if she isn't.

--George Bernard Shaw
Old 11-10-2010, 02:17 PM   #44
DeemonFox
Genin

DeemonFox is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

What is the slimy bubble on the last page? Did I miss something or is that yet to be explained?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ur Mom View Post
What do you think Kabuto's plan is since he said "Well we'll start with-"
Anko!

Wow...If the zombies "minds are clear" then maybe seeing the shinobi for each of their villages working together will make their heads explode.

Last edited by DeemonFox; 11-10-2010 at 02:23 PM.
Old 11-10-2010, 02:53 PM   #45
coolm3
Genin

coolm3 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.coolm3 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.coolm3 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.coolm3 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.coolm3 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Send a message via Skype™ to coolm3

Mm.. poor Anko.. I liked her to an extent
The country? The skies? You can have them. I'm busy just protecting what's right in front of me. I don't know what'll happen to me in the future, but if something has fallen at my feet, then the least I can do is pick it up.

A newspaper is a device for making the ignorant more ignorant and the crazy crazier.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You rep me I rep you
Old 11-10-2010, 02:59 PM   #46
Rikudo Sennin
7-Up Disciple

Rikudo Sennin has completed a tough C-rank mission!Rikudo Sennin has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Nice Chapter I think.

Lolx Snake vs Snake huh

Feed me some negative reps
no reverse psychology please

Do.not.be.Afraid
Old 11-10-2010, 03:00 PM   #47
Jutsu Junkie
Chunin Exam Proctor

Jutsu Junkie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Jutsu Junkie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Jutsu Junkie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Jutsu Junkie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Jutsu Junkie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolm3 View Post
Mm.. poor Anko.. I liked her to an extent
Yes, a charming sort of snake lady...

I think Gaara is just the Commander General because they wanted to get rid of the youngest kage, the "brat." Did you see their order of battle, running off with the generals in the lead? Pretty stupid. And I had so much hope for them. Madara has the right idea, as far as troop movements are concerned. And he has air support! Although, as has been said earlier, Kabuto perhaps has overextended himself. It could be Madara's undoing.

--George Bernard Shaw
Old 11-10-2010, 03:03 PM   #48
coolm3
Genin

coolm3 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.coolm3 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.coolm3 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.coolm3 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.coolm3 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jutsu Junkie View Post
Yes, a charming sort of snake lady...

I think Gaara is just the Commander General because they wanted to get rid of the youngest kage, the "brat." Did you see their order of battle, running off with the generals in the lead? Pretty stupid. And I had so much hope for them. Madara has the right idea, as far as troop movements are concerned. And he has air support! Although, as has been said earlier, Kabuto perhaps has overextended himself. It could be Madara's undoing.
Actually Running off with the Generals or "Leaders" is quite common especially since the show seems to be in between of two different eras. It's Like a mix of current time and the feudal times and Generals usually lead their people ^^ Just to let you know if you didn't know that.

EDIT: Plus its smarter that way.. they all are required to fight not cower and command from behind the lines and I don't think it will stay that way and will break off into small-scale battles but thats how they usually do anyways lol.. the leaders are in front
The country? The skies? You can have them. I'm busy just protecting what's right in front of me. I don't know what'll happen to me in the future, but if something has fallen at my feet, then the least I can do is pick it up.

A newspaper is a device for making the ignorant more ignorant and the crazy crazier.

You rep me I rep you

Last edited by coolm3; 11-10-2010 at 03:05 PM.
Old 11-10-2010, 03:21 PM   #49
Jutsu Junkie
Chunin Exam Proctor

Quote:
Actually Running off with the Generals or "Leaders" is quite common especially since the show seems to be in between of two different eras. It's Like a mix of current time and the feudal times and Generals usually lead their people ^^ Just to let you know if you didn't know that.

EDIT: Plus its smarter that way.. they all are required to fight not cower and command from behind the lines and I don't think it will stay that way and will break off into small-scale battles but thats how they usually do anyways lol.. the leaders are in front
The reason I don't think it is very smart is actually the same reason it isn't smart in modern warfare: weaponry. Massed formations aren't a good idea with the sort of jutsus that are employed in this story, for the same reason you don't do line charges with assault rifles -- and it was still a bad idea with minie ball rifles. It's a good way to get your troops decimated en masse if your defense fails against even one mass jutsu. In Medieval times they massed like that because long range weapons had trouble moving with the battle (archers are vulnerable), and weren't employed once battle was close quarters. Plus, primitive communications made dispersed formations impossible. There was also a cultural/psychological component, which is why gunpowder killed so many people in pointless charges in the early days of muskets.

By the way, it was quite common for the king's company to be in the back of the formation, behind the infantry.

--George Bernard Shaw
Old 11-10-2010, 03:24 PM   #50
coolm3
Genin

Quote:
The reason I don't think it is very smart is actually the same reason it isn't smart in modern warfare: weaponry. Massed formations aren't a good idea with the sort of jutsus that are employed in this story, for the same reason you don't do line charges with assault rifles -- and it was still a bad idea with minie ball rifles. It's a good way to get your troops decimated en masse if your defense fails against even one mass jutsu. In Medieval times they massed like that because long range weapons had trouble moving with the battle (archers are vulnerable), and weren't employed once battle was close quarters. Plus, primitive communications made dispersed formations impossible. There was also a cultural/psychological component, which is why gunpowder killed so many people in pointless charges in the early days of muskets.
Yea well It's why I said the groups will most likely split up into smaller more organized groups which will end up in the individual fighting of key people like some people have predicted and matched up.But I get your point ^^.

You rep me I rep you
Old 11-10-2010, 03:32 PM   #51
Waterstar
Chunin Exam Participant

Location: Wanting to remove the sharingan from the people undeserving
Waterstar is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

That was very well put, I'll give him that. But they should still tell Naruto.

Sarutobi: They're only protecting him.

Yeah but they need him. They won't be able to stand a chance without on the battle field, not against Madara and kabuto anyway.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Just follow your heart and you can do anything.

Adopted:Sarutobi(the 3rd Hokage)

From the village hidden in the Mountians
Head band:

Old 11-10-2010, 03:44 PM   #52
Jutsu Junkie
Chunin Exam Proctor

Quote:
Yea well It's why I said the groups will most likely split up into smaller more organized groups which will end up in the individual fighting of key people like some people have predicted and matched up.But I get your point ^^.
Yeah, I see your reasoning. I still feel most of them aren't trained in mass formation combat. They're used to specops-style small company combat. But the breaking into smaller units will happen no matter what -- hopefully it will be done strategically and with forethought, rather than as the result of a confused melee...

--George Bernard Shaw
Old 11-10-2010, 03:51 PM   #53
coolm3
Genin

Quote:
Yeah, I see your reasoning. I still feel most of them aren't trained in mass formation combat. They're used to specops-style small company combat. But the breaking into smaller units will happen no matter what -- hopefully it will be done strategically and with forethought, rather than as the result of a confused melee...
Depends on the timing.. especially with the white zetsu army marching through the ground it may be pretty undetectable unless the sensor company picks it up but many of the resurrected were battle hardened ninja and yea many of them have not experienced large scale warfare like the others. But if they get attacked without warning which I doubt is possible with the sensors they have but who knows.

You rep me I rep you
Old 11-10-2010, 04:03 PM   #54
TheBlackChidori
Special Jonin Candidate

TheBlackChidori is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Awards Showcase

Did I see Yashamaru?
Old 11-10-2010, 04:04 PM   #55
coolm3
Genin

Who's Yashamaru :o

You rep me I rep you
Old 11-10-2010, 04:06 PM   #56
HachibiXSenpai
Special Jonin Candidate

HachibiXSenpai saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

lmao, deidara and sasori ranting on each other was epic XD. but hopefully they don't die again too soon.....
Old 11-10-2010, 04:08 PM   #57
coolm3
Genin

Quote:
Originally Posted by HachibiXSenpai View Post
lmao, deidara and sasori ranting on each other was epic XD. but hopefully they don't die again too soon.....
I doubt they will.. they are Akatsuki members after all.

You rep me I rep you
Old 11-10-2010, 04:15 PM   #58
HachibiXSenpai
Special Jonin Candidate

HachibiXSenpai saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

yeah, plus the only way to kill the dead bodies are to REMOVE their soul which i completely doubt will ever happen....so i think the akatsuki have the upper hand.
Old 11-10-2010, 04:21 PM   #59
coolm3
Genin

Quote:
Originally Posted by HachibiXSenpai View Post
yeah, plus the only way to kill the dead bodies are to REMOVE their soul which i completely doubt will ever happen....so i think the akatsuki have the upper hand.
One thing I would like to see is what they will do with missing weapons/eyes etc.. like some people have said they will be missing key things unless they regain them so I can't wait and see.. but mostly they still are bad ass ninja weapon or not.

You rep me I rep you
Old 11-10-2010, 04:27 PM   #60
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Who's Yashamaru :o
Gaara's mentor. Forgot exactly.