Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Mall > Series Discussion

Series Discussion Got a favorite Anime or Manga you'd like to talk about? Maybe a Light or Visual Novel you think is interesting? Bring it all here!

Old 10-24-2010, 10:41 PM   #41
Dio Brando
Chunin Exam Proctor

Dio Brando is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: Worst Anime or manga?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomohime Zazuki View Post
the BEST is naruto and naruto shippuden!! the WORST ive seen is Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z!
Lolno. There are thousands of anime and manga better than Naruto, I can name then as well.

Also Dragon Ball certainly isn't the worst though I do admit it isn't that special.

DB is a old school gag manga which inspired a lot of the current mangaka.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleGenin View Post
Thats funny because DBZ is considered a master peice by many.
By many 12 year olds who have no idea how to review a anime or manga. Its not a master piece, it isn't close to being one.

Quote:
Best - Yuyu Hakusho - Its not all about winning a fight. The sotry meant something in the end.

Worst - Cow bOY Beep bop or something.. gives me headache when watching
No, Yu Yu Hakusho is not the best, If you think that then I'm afraid you haven't read Berserk, 20th Century Boys and JJBA.

Also if you think Cowboy Bebop is bad then I'm sorry, you are hopeless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru Nara View Post

How? It's like the originality...so good. Naruto is the sucky one.
Naruto isn't sucky, Naruto isn't awesome, its average. Also DBZ isn't original, Toriyama's plot is basically saving the world, original lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomohime Zazuki View Post
idk either lol, i tried to like it and watch it and even read it, but ive just never liked it
Well how old are you? Most old school fans would love it. I admit I'm not an old school fan but I still think its pretty good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarutoUzumaki12 View Post
Kekkaishi.They're just capturing random deamons
An answer as expected from a 14 year old who have no taste, Kekkaishi is like hundreds time better than Naruto in every conceivable way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavenShocking LunarFang7 View Post
Good ones: InuYasha, Tenjou Tenge (Wish it was longer than like 30 episodes, but it was still kickass!), Bleach, KHR, Naruto (Original), Kekkashi, and........I think that's it for me.
Bleach sucks, Inuyasha sucks, Naruto is average and KHR and Kekkaishi are both awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boner View Post
pokemon
Its not that bad. You haven't seen worse, its meant for kids no one asked you to watch it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru Nara View Post
Ehh. I hate Kekkaishi. D:
May I ask why?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Dio Brando; 10-24-2010 at 10:43 PM.
Dio Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 10:52 PM   #42
Kitsune
Chunin Exam Proctor

Kitsune is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Awards Showcase

DB....I need you to recommend me a good anime/manga. @.@

I feel like you're one of those people with an awesome taste in them.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 11:04 PM   #43
Dio Brando
Chunin Exam Proctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsune View Post
DB....I need you to recommend me a good anime/manga. @.@

I feel like you're one of those people with an awesome taste in them. :D
To start what genres do you like, I need to know to reccomend :)

Old 10-24-2010, 11:14 PM   #44
Maikeru D. Shinigami
Super High School Level Narcissist
Quasi-Admin

Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via AIM to Maikeru D. Shinigami Send a message via MSN to Maikeru D. Shinigami Send a message via Yahoo to Maikeru D. Shinigami

Originality isn't what is important, it's the way you present your story. Your story could be about the generic guy saving the world, but still be good if presented correctly.

For those who say Naruto is the best, I understand this is a Naruto site, and Naruto isn't bad, but most mangas I've read or animes I've seen, are better.

My favorite manga that I've read, is One Piece.
Currently, I have to Bleach is the biggest disappoint.
I liked up through Soul Society, and I also enjoyed Ichigo vs. Ulquiorra, until Ichigo won.

Not so pissed that he beat Ulquiorra, but it's just the way it was done.
He got his ass whooped, he died, and then he is brought back to life by plot.
Ulquiorra is 10000 times greater than Ichigo.

Things like that, are what makes Bleach not as good as it potentially could be.
It's also what makes One Piece own a large majority of mangas.

Same thing with the animes.

I haven't seen many animes or read many mangas. Though, One Piece is the only anime I watch weekly, and the only manga I read weekly.

YouTube:
src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">
Maikeru D. Shinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 11:35 PM   #45
Dio Brando
Chunin Exam Proctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maikeru Shinigami View Post
Originality isn't what is important, it's the way you present your story. Your story could be about the generic guy saving the world, but still be good if presented correctly.
I know, I never said I hated Dragon Ball just that it isn't original. I know it doesn't matter just making a point.

Also yeah One Piece deserves a good mention as being one of the best, Oda done a great job with it, I think only a a few can do what he did.

Those are Aoyama Goshou, Toriyama Akira, Inoue Takehiko, Araki Hirohiko and Urasawa Naoki.

Old 10-24-2010, 11:56 PM   #46
Kazuki Dekiru
Chunin Exam Participant

Kazuki Dekiru is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dio Brando View Post
I think only a a few can do what he did.
Care to specify the what in "what he did?"
Kazuki Dekiru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 11:59 PM   #47
Maikeru D. Shinigami
Super High School Level Narcissist
Quasi-Admin

Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via AIM to Maikeru D. Shinigami Send a message via MSN to Maikeru D. Shinigami Send a message via Yahoo to Maikeru D. Shinigami

I wasn't really directing that toward you. I just figured since term "originality" came up, that I'd deliver my two cents.

That said, I watched the first season or so of Dragonball, and couldn't really get into it. I'm no so certain it's the story as much as it is the art style though.

I enjoy catchy art/graphics, which made it a bit difficult to originally get into One Piece. But, I greatly loved the way Oda paced it slowly, yet smoothly. The first arcs were short, humorous and entertaining.

Luffy has never received an ultra power up in like a day or two, he tends to stay believable. Not just Luffy either, Oda does wonderfully with all of his characters.

That said, do you have an example of good animes/mangas created by those authors?

YouTube:
src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">
Maikeru D. Shinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 12:29 AM   #48
Dio Brando
Chunin Exam Proctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazuki Dekiru View Post
Care to specify the what in "what he did?"
Best selling series. Masterpiece manga.

Only 20th Century Boys, Monster, Pluto, JJBA, Hokuto no Ken, Berserk, Blade of the Immortal, Lone Wofl and Cub and Vagabond can rival One Piece.

Dragon Ball, Detective Conan and Slam Dunk rivals One Piece only in sales.

Old 10-25-2010, 12:44 AM   #49
Dio Brando
Chunin Exam Proctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maikeru Shinigami View Post
That said, do you have an example of good animes/mangas created by those authors?
Urasawa Naoki (Probably the best of them) - 20th Century Boys, 21st Century Boys, Pluto, Monster (All Thriller Seinen)

Araki Hirahiko - Jojo's Bizarre Adventure (Masterpiece Shounen)

Inoue Takehiko - Slam Dunk and Vagabond, I'm not much of a sport manga fan so I didn't like Slam Dunk but Vagabond is really good.

Miura Kentarou - Berserk, probably if not the best action Seinen, this manga is genius, but only down thing about it is that its so slow, been out for over 10 years and only 300 chapters.

Aoyama Goshou - Detective Conan, though it isn't really as good as the ones above it definitely beat Death Note any day. If you like Mystery thriller then go for DC, its an awesome series about solving impossible cases (Shounen).

Toriyama Akira - Dragon Ball, it can't compare to the manga above, only in sales nothing else.

Also Honorable mention goes to - Blade of the Immortal, Fist of the North Star, Lone Wolf and Cub,

Old 10-25-2010, 12:48 AM   #50
Kazuki Dekiru
Chunin Exam Participant

Quote:
Best selling series. Masterpiece manga.

Only 20th Century Boys, Monster, Pluto, JJBA, Hokuto no Ken, Berserk, Blade of the Immortal, Lone Wofl and Cub and Vagabond can rival One Piece.

Dragon Ball, Detective Conan and Slam Dunk rivals One Piece only in sales.
So is Naruto, Dragon Ball and Inuyasha, all of which you either dislike or find unoriginal. But I'm not talking about that. What I meant is what did you think he did that makes Oda's story so appealing. Not according to statistics, mass opinions or popularity, but your own personal opinion.
Old 10-25-2010, 06:53 AM   #51
Dio Brando
Chunin Exam Proctor

Quote:
So is Naruto, Dragon Ball and Inuyasha, all of which you either dislike or find unoriginal. But I'm not talking about that. What I meant is what did you think he did that makes Oda's story so appealing. Not according to statistics, mass opinions or popularity, but your own personal opinion.
First off where did I say that I disliked Dragon Ball and Naruto? I don't dislike it, I just don't think it come close to some of the masterpiece manga. And yes I do dislike Inuyasha, mainly because the bad characters, bad plot and bad pacing.

Naruto is one of the best selling series, but its no way near a masterpiece manga, all the ones I listed are either are or close.

Dragon Ball isn't either but its an old school inspirational gag manga.

Inuyasha best selling? LOL WHAT? SOURCES PLEASE? Inuyasha is no where close to being a top seller for your information, I doubt it even sold anywhere close to 10 million copies.

What appeals to me about One Piece is the good deep plot (which most current Shounen is lacking), good foreshadowing, hilarious and awesome badass characters. Also its very original and has incredibly good art.

And about the art, most people think One Piece has bad art because its 'childish'. What would you define good art then? Why can't childish art be good? Its the best selling manga of all time, I don't think it could of got this far with bad art.

Also stuff like Naruto and Bleach have way too generic art, where Oda's art isn't generic at all, or any close to being generic.

Old 10-25-2010, 05:05 PM   #52
Kazuki Dekiru
Chunin Exam Participant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dio Brando
First off where did I say that I disliked Dragon Ball and Naruto? I don't dislike it, I just don't think it come close to some of the masterpiece manga.
*facepalm* I said EITHER dislike OR find it unoriginal, not "AND!"
Old 10-28-2010, 09:13 AM   #53
S-dOg21
Apprentice Genin

S-dOg21 has been known to deface Sannin monuments in the past.

Worst?
I thing a majority of us agree. Bo-bo-bo
Best?
To many good ones

But what I cant understand why some people here say Naruto is the worst...Aren't we on a Naruto Discussion forum Why sign up if you don't like Naruto?

PS3 ID: S-dOg21
Food of the month: Green eggs & Ham.
S-dOg21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 06:09 PM   #54
Kreegah!!!
Special Jonin Candidate

Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.

Awards Showcase

Tsutomu Nihei's work is interesting, art-style especially. I love the fact that his characters almost never speak. Kinda eerie.

Hate that Yu-Gi-Oh garbage. Blech! My opinions don't count for much on this topic, however. I'm nowhere close to being a connoisseur of manga/anime.
Kreegah!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 05:23 AM   #55
Dio Brando
Chunin Exam Proctor

Quote:
*facepalm* I said EITHER dislike OR find it unoriginal, not "AND!"
I like how you ignored my other points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreegah! View Post
Hate that Yu-Gi-Oh garbage.
Its not garbage, you just need to watch the Japanese version, but your right the 4kids version is garbage.

The Japanese version is pretty good.

Old 10-29-2010, 04:32 PM   #56
Kazuki Dekiru
Chunin Exam Participant

Quote:
I like how you ignored my other points.
What I like is how you think you're being funny and clever by giving out sarcasm, when you're really not. Seriously, so what? I ignored your other points because I felt like it. Not every argument on the internet is well... worth arguing.

Quote:
Its not garbage, you just need to watch the Japanese version, but your right the 4kids version is garbage.

The Japanese version is pretty good.
Yeeeaaah, not everybody is gonna agree with that. And no I'm referring to either the Japanese or 4Kids version in case you're thinking of twisting this into some sort of "original v.s whatever" crap. No, I'm referring to the fact that there many people out there willing to think of much better anime shows than Yugioh.

Last edited by Kazuki Dekiru; 10-29-2010 at 04:39 PM.
Old 10-29-2010, 05:01 PM   #57
Dio Brando
Chunin Exam Proctor

Quote:
What I like is how you think you're being funny and clever by giving out sarcasm, when you're really not. Seriously, so what? I ignored your other points because I felt like it. Not every argument on the internet is well... worth arguing.
Well the truth is you CAN'T argue with my points because they're right and you're wrong.

Quote:
Yeeeaaah, not everybody is gonna agree with that. And no I'm referring to either the Japanese or 4Kids version in case you're thinking of twisting this into some sort of "original v.s whatever" crap. No, I'm referring to the fact that there many people out there willing to think of much better anime shows than Yugioh.
Nothing wrong with them liking better anime than Yugioh in fact I gave it a 5/10.

But I'm pointing out that it isn't the worst anime ever, its actually pretty entertaining if you watch the Japanese version.

Old 10-29-2010, 05:12 PM   #58
Kazuki Dekiru
Chunin Exam Participant

Quote:
Well the truth is you CAN'T argue with my points because they're right and you're wrong.
Okay I gotta throw in a really weird observation that I notice with almost every single person that happens to this particular thing in common. Why does almost every Evangelion fanatic have to act like such an elitist?! Really, why?! It's like just because you're into a show that would mind freak the average person, that vaguely means you've somehow reached a level of intelligence above everyone else. That and fans of Gundam and Legend of the Galatic Heroes!! *laughes*

You all have to sound like absolute douchbags!!

Last edited by Maikeru D. Shinigami; 11-23-2010 at 12:22 AM.
Old 10-29-2010, 05:13 PM   #59
Kitsune
Chunin Exam Proctor

Kitsune is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Awards Showcase

Quote:
To start what genres do you like, I need to know to reccomend
Sorry for not responding. D8

But anything action-y is fine. I love a good action anime (no mechas though. I hate mechas).

Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 07:25 PM   #60
ArtieBoy
Academy Graduate

ArtieBoy is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

worst mangas I've read
1. bleach
2. KHR
3. fairy tail

Last edited by Err; 10-31-2010 at 01:23 AM. Reason: Removed illegal images/links.
ArtieBoy is offline   Reply With Quote