Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Battlegrounds Versus Debates > Omniverse

Omniverse Anything goes in this forum. Any multiverse, any singleverse, any fight. Just know in advance that Kakashi can't beat Superman.

Old 10-17-2010, 07:57 PM   #1
NBT
Banned

NBT is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.NBT is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.NBT is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.NBT is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.NBT is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.NBT is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Default Speed vs. Power vs. Defence

Which one is better?
NBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 08:01 PM   #2
Akatsuki X
Special Jonin Candidate

Akatsuki X has completed a tough C-rank mission!Akatsuki X has completed a tough C-rank mission!
Default Re: Speed vs. Power vs. Defence

This all depends on the amount of each.

I would say Defense is the greatest.
If you can't hurt your opponent then, they have don't have to have great speed or power.
Speed does nothing against something it can't hurt.

The only threat is if the Power of the attacking force is greater.

Power means nothing when you can't catch the enemy, meaning speed is greater than power.

I like videos,
I like making videos,

Me and my friends are funny,
we make funny videos.

See where I'm going?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Akatsuki X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 08:06 PM   #3
The 1st Hokage
Monster Disciple

Location: Bein' naked in your closet. Don't worry, I'm not comin out.
The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Awards Showcase

All are worthless without the other, unless you have omniversal busting capability, are FTL, or have infinite durability, then everyone else is screwed.

Speed: It's great, you're opponent can't hit you if they can't catch you, but if it's all you got, then you can't hurt them.

Power: Also great, but what's the point if you can't hurt your opponent because they are to fast or have great defense?

Defense: Great, but alone, you can stand there and tank things. Before to long, you die. If you can't fight back, or can't get out of the way, you're boned.

Quote:
I looked at the post and laughed SO HARD again! I hate you, 1st Hokage.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I AM STRAIGHT FOR VEX<3

I AM ALSO GAY FOR JONESY<3

Last edited by The 1st Hokage; 10-17-2010 at 08:09 PM.
The 1st Hokage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 04:17 AM   #4
Phoenix Wright
Attorney at Lawl

Phoenix Wright has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Phoenix Wright has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Phoenix Wright has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Phoenix Wright has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Phoenix Wright has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Phoenix Wright has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Phoenix Wright has a spectacular chakra aura going on.
Send a message via AIM to Phoenix Wright

Contradictions and such, each have something to do with the other. If you read the above two posts and don't see it then you wouldn't know the answer anyway.
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">
Phoenix Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 07:49 AM   #5
Rasengan SageX5
Special Jonin Candidate

Location: I am a resident of the multi-verse. I can transfer my mind to where ever I want to be!
Rasengan SageX5 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Rasengan SageX5 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Rasengan SageX5 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Rasengan SageX5 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Rasengan SageX5 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

I usually like to stick with speed and power. If you are fast, you don't need to worry about being hit too much and if you are strong you can hit your opponent hard while on the move. This is my method in the Devil May Cry series,especially in 3 and 4. I avoid the defensive class and stick with the offensive classes and dodge roll.
Rasengan SageX5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 08:11 AM   #6
Phoenix Wright
Attorney at Lawl

Phoenix Wright has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Phoenix Wright has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Phoenix Wright has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Phoenix Wright has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Phoenix Wright has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Phoenix Wright has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Phoenix Wright has a spectacular chakra aura going on.
Send a message via AIM to Phoenix Wright

Well if anything defense is the best, if they can't hurt you it doesn't matter how fast or strong they are, but if you have all defense you can't hurt them either so you need power to back it up.
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">
Phoenix Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 08:54 AM   #7
Bacon

Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

It depends since a good defense is useless without any offensive power. I would say that offense is easily the best since it can cheat by acting as a good defense. >.> Speed is good, but it depends on who you are fighting. If you are fast and fighting an homunculus like Pride, good luck on surviving without ed's plot powers. On the other side, if you are fast and fighting another human, then it is rolfstompo.o...

Quote:

12:11 PM So you enter the debate with full knowledge that you know nothing of worth on the subject, and then state you will not make an effort to learn. Way to be poster-boy for blight of the forum. Leave discussions of intelligence to those that have it.

Click the dratini for anime rants
Bacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 09:08 PM   #8
Akatsuki X
Special Jonin Candidate

Akatsuki X has completed a tough C-rank mission!Akatsuki X has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix Wright View Post
Well if anything defense is the best, if they can't hurt you it doesn't matter how fast or strong they are, but if you have all defense you can't hurt them either so you need power to back it up.

You won't need to hurt them if your defense is good.
If they wear themselves out trying to kill you, then minimal power is going to be needed to kill them.

I like videos,
I like making videos,

we make funny videos.

See where I'm going?

Old 10-19-2010, 12:18 AM   #9
TheBlackChidori
Special Jonin Candidate

TheBlackChidori is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Awards Showcase

This is a paradox. Unstoppable Force/Immovable Object/Etc.
TheBlackChidori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 08:09 AM   #10
The Last Kage
Ninja Academy Student

The Last Kage is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

I would say speed, but of course the others are important.
The Last Kage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 11:13 AM   #11
Vivi
Little Miss Spoiler
Formerly V-Valentine
Jonin

Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBT View Post
Which one is better?
It's sort of like Rock,Scissors,Paper.

You can have all the Power but it means nothing if you are as slow as a Snail and cannot take anything.
You can have all the Speed but if you lack Power and Defense you go down.
Same with Defense.Sooner or later you go down if you lack Power and Speed.

Quote:
You won't need to hurt them if your defense is good.
If they wear themselves out trying to kill you, then minimal power is going to be needed to kill them.
And then the Most Powerful attack meets the best Defense.

Nothing is better cause they each balance each other out leaving no best Attribute.

Jessie>Tifa and Aeris.
Vivi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 11:58 AM   #12
Akatsuki X
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivi View Post
It's sort of like Rock,Scissors,Paper.

You can have all the Power but it means nothing if you are as slow as a Snail and cannot take anything.
You can have all the Speed but if you lack Power and Defense you go down.
Same with Defense.Sooner or later you go down if you lack Power and Speed.

And then the Most Powerful attack meets the best Defense.

Nothing is better cause they each balance each other out leaving no best Attribute.
Ah, this may be true, but if they were all equal, then it would come down to a matter of stamina.

Speed and Power both require energy behind them for them to be effective, with good defense, lal you really need to do is stand their and tank their attacks.

If all were equal, Defense would win simply with time.

I like videos,
I like making videos,

we make funny videos.

See where I'm going?

Old 10-19-2010, 02:15 PM   #13
zebrakiller
Special Jonin Candidate

zebrakiller has completed a tough C-rank mission!zebrakiller has completed a tough C-rank mission!zebrakiller has completed a tough C-rank mission!

good defense requires that u have both speed and power. u can't defend urself if ur too slow to match ur opponent's moves. if ur fast enough to match their moves but can't block or tank a hit for lack of power, ur screwed too.

zebrakiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 12:59 PM   #14
Morning Tiger:0
Banned

Morning Tiger:0 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Speed ensures ultimate defense and power, as one who employs cannot be touched but can touch.

Power does not employ speed or defense.
An explosive brute cannot defend or evade.

Defense does not employ speed or power.
He who hides in a shell cannot attack or evade.

The end.
Morning Tiger:0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 01:09 PM   #15
Lady Tsunade
Old.

Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

A sheild can only defend.

A sword can only attack

A man can do all three.

With speed you can protect yourself from harm, with speed you can attack opponents repeatedly. With speed you can move yourself from point A to point B without much notice. Speed is most important in this manga in particular.
Lady Tsunade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 01:18 PM   #16
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laxeres View Post
Shut up O

All of them = each other.

Speed = Defense = Attack.

If I am moving fast enough to out run you and then turn around and jet at you while I throw a punch to crack you jaw open. That is WAY more then me standing still and throwing one, however I still have to use a lot of speed and not have enough time to gather my punch due not having a solid base to throw it, as a pose to the standing still one.

Now as for blocking you can't really block with speed only evade, while your moving you body changes and you can't make a good base and block with, now standing still and only slightly moving you can block anything.
Cool.

Defense does not equal speed.

Power does not equal speed.

Speed equals the lot.

Now way around it, so you probably shouldn't lose your patience with me.
Old 10-24-2010, 01:20 PM   #17
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

I made this thread a while back.

They all need each other to win a fight.
Shikamaru Nara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 01:23 PM   #18
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru Nara View Post
I made this thread a while back.

They all need each other to win a fight.

Nahh.

Speed overwhelms power and defense, quite simply.
Old 10-24-2010, 01:29 PM   #19
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

So if somebody with Mountain Busting durability were to defend against a hypersonic child's toy, it would kill the Mountain Busting durability guy?
Shikamaru Nara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 01:31 PM   #20
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru Nara View Post
So if somebody with Mountain Busting durability were to defend against a hypersonic child's toy, it would kill the Mountain Busting durability guy?
Yes.

The child's toy would rocket into the idiot's mouth, and tear apart his insides.

My point is, with speed, there is always an opening, Always.