Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Naruto Discussion Forum > Naruto Character Talk

Naruto Character Talk Who do you love? Who do you love to hate? Discuss your fave Naruto characters here.

Old 10-19-2010, 12:06 PM   #801
SilentBlade
Special Jonin Candidate

SilentBlade is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.SilentBlade is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
SilentBlade is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.SilentBlade is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.SilentBlade is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: NaruHina Supporters United! (NaruHina Fans ONLY, Please!)

I think what you have about his reaction to Hinata is interesting, but we have to give credence to the fact that this is built around fighting and attempting to save the world. Romance is a subplot that adds a deep sense of connection and realism to the characters by the readers (and viewers).

My guess is Kishimoto is stepping back and not answering peoples question as to why Naruto has not reacted because it builds on peoples minds and keep a very very high level of interest. I am kind of surprised that people arn't even so attached to the verbal affirmation that Sakura makes about Hinata's confession (which kind of leads me more to Hinata being the logical pairing), but that's for another post I suppose.

Anyway, resolution of somthing this deep natured and that is used to create that emotional bond with those who follow the series and the series will not be resolved so quickly. I would go so far to say that the true resolution will not make itself apparent soon, but will continue to be subtle until closer to the end.

The reason I support the idea of the Naruto and Hinata subplot is because it fits just so well with the Yin and Yang mentality, seeing the subtle hints that are dropped through the original Naurto and the Shippuden it makes sense. Now that all being said Kishimoto could decide to take it a completely different direction with differently developing events, but the confession and affirmation (to me) make it seem unlikely.
SilentBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 06:20 PM   #802
Ricky Uzumaki001
Genin

Ricky Uzumaki001 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Thumbs up Re: NaruHina Supporters United! (NaruHina Fans ONLY, Please!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMarcolongo View Post
Thanks! I was, at first, content with waiting for the story to slowly unfold and hopefully lead to a resolution, but when I saw:
Spoiler:
Naruto trying ( and succeeding ) to see a giant Armadillo's private parts like that was the most important thing in his life
I just had to share my theory!
Same here!!!! That really pissed me off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ricky Uzumaki001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 06:21 PM   #803
Ricky Uzumaki001
Genin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentBlade View Post
I think what you have about his reaction to Hinata is interesting, but we have to give credence to the fact that this is built around fighting and attempting to save the world. Romance is a subplot that adds a deep sense of connection and realism to the characters by the readers (and viewers).

My guess is Kishimoto is stepping back and not answering peoples question as to why Naruto has not reacted because it builds on peoples minds and keep a very very high level of interest. I am kind of surprised that people arn't even so attached to the verbal affirmation that Sakura makes about Hinata's confession (which kind of leads me more to Hinata being the logical pairing), but that's for another post I suppose.

Anyway, resolution of somthing this deep natured and that is used to create that emotional bond with those who follow the series and the series will not be resolved so quickly. I would go so far to say that the true resolution will not make itself apparent soon, but will continue to be subtle until closer to the end.

The reason I support the idea of the Naruto and Hinata subplot is because it fits just so well with the Yin and Yang mentality, seeing the subtle hints that are dropped through the original Naurto and the Shippuden it makes sense. Now that all being said Kishimoto could decide to take it a completely different direction with differently developing events, but the confession and affirmation (to me) make it seem unlikely.
Wow!!!!!!!!! That was a mouthful.
Old 10-19-2010, 08:59 PM   #804
SilentBlade
Special Jonin Candidate

SilentBlade is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.SilentBlade is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
SilentBlade is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.SilentBlade is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.SilentBlade is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

I suppose I find this facet of the story (and good stories in general) very interesting because it creates such a dimension of complexity and allows the characters emotions to be shows, thus really creating a powerful connection between the character and reader(viewer).

It's actually kind of funny, there are threads like this all over the story boards for the Mass Effect game, dealing with the different romatic subplots (difference being of course that YOU effect the outcome and all outcomes are possible). I suppose that deep sense of connection created through a romantic subplot isn't so limited by the media in which it's used. Like I said in an earlier post, I'd consider myself in this camp, as I follow some of the facts and look closer, it makes sense.
Old 10-20-2010, 06:38 AM   #805
azmerk
Chunin Exam Participant

azmerk is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMarcolongo View Post
I'm trying to be patient with Kishimoto regarding Hinata's Confession, but it's becoming increasingly difficult. Especially with the latest chapter!

Of course, there is the idea that almost going 9-tails made Naruto forget what Hinata said. Later chapters have shown that he remembers Hinata being there and almost being killed, but his memories seem to be from after the kiubi started to take control. I'm hoping that's the case. Otherwise, we have this situation:

Spoiler:

Naruto doesn't talk to Hinata about her confession because he's too busy trying to save Sasuke from being consumed by his hatred and killing everybody. OK, I'm alright with this scenario. It certainly won't matter what Naruto thinks about Hinata's confession if everyone is killed.

But, now, we have him on a mission where he has to study the turtle Island's Ecology. Unless I missed something, he doesn't seem like he's too upset about having to complete this mission. Which means that it has taken priority over Saving Sasuke and talking to Hinata!

But, maybe I'm looking too deep into this. Maybe there's a perfectly good reason for him to apparently ignore Hinata's confession. I guess us NaruHina fans will just have to wait a little longer. Anyway, I'm sorry that my first post was so negative. I'll try to be more positive next time!

He remembers her confession, the only events he does not remember is what he did during fox mode. Anything before hand and after he remembers if he did not recall it afterwards its cause it was not the main focus at the moment his fight with pain was..

"I did nothing, the pavement was his enemy!!!"
"Takes an idiot to do cool things,thats why there cool"
Forum Crematorium!! You post it We'll roast it!!
Nano Machine Crusnik 02 power output 40% Activate!!

My Family Forum!!
Spoiler:

Little sisters:Firegirl,Major_red, Flamie_chan
My partners in crime

Last edited by azmerk; 10-20-2010 at 06:41 AM.
azmerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 04:50 PM   #806
Ricky Uzumaki001
Genin

Thumbs up Re: NaruHina Supporters United! (NaruHina Fans ONLY, Please!)

Quote:
I suppose I find this facet of the story (and good stories in general) very interesting because it creates such a dimension of complexity and allows the characters emotions to be shows, thus really creating a powerful connection between the character and reader(viewer).

It's actually kind of funny, there are threads like this all over the story boards for the Mass Effect game, dealing with the different romatic subplots (difference being of course that YOU effect the outcome and all outcomes are possible). I suppose that deep sense of connection created through a romantic subplot isn't so limited by the media in which it's used. Like I said in an earlier post, I'd consider myself in this camp, as I follow some of the facts and look closer, it makes sense.
Well said.
Old 10-20-2010, 04:51 PM   #807
Ricky Uzumaki001
Genin

Quote:
Originally Posted by azmerk View Post
He remembers her confession, the only events he does not remember is what he did during fox mode. Anything before hand and after he remembers if he did not recall it afterwards its cause it was not the main focus at the moment his fight with pain was..
Well, that sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-20-2010, 05:10 PM   #808
Rasengan SageX5
Special Jonin Candidate

Location: I am a resident of the multi-verse. I can transfer my mind to where ever I want to be!
Rasengan SageX5 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Rasengan SageX5 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Rasengan SageX5 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Rasengan SageX5 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Rasengan SageX5 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

I think that he remembers and will get around to talking to Hinata once he get done with all the things he is dealing with right now,like stopping the Madara and Kabutomaru,getting Sasuke back, and ending the war.
Rasengan SageX5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 05:22 PM   #809
Ricky Uzumaki001
Genin

Angry Re: NaruHina Supporters United! (NaruHina Fans ONLY, Please!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasengan SageX5 View Post
I think that he remembers and will get around to talking to Hinata once he get done with all the things he is dealing with right now,like stopping the Madara and Kabutomaru,getting Sasuke back, and ending the war.
Screw Sasjerk!!!!!!!!!! He should talk to her next time he sees her!!!!!! Can you possibly imagine how much she might be suffering right now?!!!!!!!! about if he feels the same way. Can't you understand how much that hurts?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-20-2010, 08:36 PM   #810
azmerk
Chunin Exam Participant

Quote:
jiraya explained earlier in the series that once the 3rd tail appears Naruto loses mental and pyshical control of himself.

My Family Forum!!
Spoiler:

My partners in crime
Old 10-21-2010, 05:45 AM   #811
Rasengan SageX5
Special Jonin Candidate

Location: I am a resident of the multi-verse. I can transfer my mind to where ever I want to be!
Rasengan SageX5 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Rasengan SageX5 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Rasengan SageX5 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Rasengan SageX5 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Rasengan SageX5 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

The thing is,azmerk, that Hinata confessed to Naruto before he had any of the tails showing, so he probably remembers and just hasn't seen Hinata enough to talk to her about it in private.
Rasengan SageX5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 06:40 AM   #812
azmerk
Chunin Exam Participant

Quote:
The thing is,azmerk, that Hinata confessed to Naruto before he had any of the tails showing, so he probably remembers and just hasn't seen Hinata enough to talk to her about it in private.

Yes I am aware, just pointing it out to people who don't realize that. For anyone wondering why Naruto has not made a move towards either Hinata or Sakura....heres 3 reasons

1. Madara
2. Ninja war
3. Sasuke

My Family Forum!!
Spoiler:

My partners in crime
Old 10-21-2010, 07:56 AM   #813
SilentBlade
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

what you are saying is true, experience has shown that the romantic subplots typically will not play out until closer to the end, when resolution is nearly there (though typically before the last big fight). If Kishimoto does it any earlier it will make the writing much more difficult because not only would he have to include the action scenes but for continuity, he would have to involved the redundencies of a relationship. While those redundencies ARN'T BAD, it does not make for good writing and creates a heavy burden on the author in general.

least thats what I think.
Old 10-21-2010, 06:32 PM   #814
Ricky Uzumaki001
Genin

Quote:
what you are saying is true, experience has shown that the romantic subplots typically will not play out until closer to the end, when resolution is nearly there (though typically before the last big fight). If Kishimoto does it any earlier it will make the writing much more difficult because not only would he have to include the action scenes but for continuity, he would have to involved the redundencies of a relationship. While those redundencies ARN'T BAD, it does not make for good writing and creates a heavy burden on the author in general.

least thats what I think.
That is!... Totally true. Ya know... Your insights into writing are getting a little annoying!!!
Old 10-21-2010, 07:45 PM   #815
SilentBlade
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

I know, I just can't help myself, used to read the real classic stuff, but you know there is a lot more fun and creativity in other things. people lose sight in all that stuff hehe!

That doesn't mean that the Naruto and Hinata story won't play forward more, just won't come to complete status, I'd like to see it play out more and what not.
Old 10-22-2010, 07:40 PM   #816
Ricky Uzumaki001
Genin

Quote:
I know, I just can't help myself, used to read the real classic stuff, but you know there is a lot more fun and creativity in other things. people lose sight in all that stuff hehe!

That doesn't mean that the Naruto and Hinata story won't play forward more, just won't come to complete status, I'd like to see it play out more and what not.
Well... At least you finally said something that didn't annoy me.
Old 10-22-2010, 07:45 PM   #817
SilentBlade
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Uzumaki001 View Post
Well... At least you finally said something that didn't annoy me.
To be completely honest, I'd really like to see the personal relationships play out period. They seem to be at a stand still, and the series is really focused on the situation with and after the Kage summit. While that is really interesting, would be nice to see some down time, and personal reflections etc...
Old 10-28-2010, 11:02 PM   #818
ItachiKisame
Special Jonin Candidate

ItachiKisame completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.ItachiKisame completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.ItachiKisame completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.ItachiKisame completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.ItachiKisame completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.ItachiKisame completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.ItachiKisame completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.ItachiKisame completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.ItachiKisame completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.ItachiKisame completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.ItachiKisame completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.ItachiKisame completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.ItachiKisame completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.ItachiKisame completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.ItachiKisame completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.

Awards Showcase

I just hope that during the big war coming up there will be something planned for Naruto and Hinata.
ItachiKisame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 05:08 AM   #819
Chewie Cookies
Apprentice Genin

Chewie Cookies is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via AIM to Chewie Cookies Send a message via Yahoo to Chewie Cookies Send a message via Skype™ to Chewie Cookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItachiKisame View Post
I just hope that during the big war coming up there will be something planned for Naruto and Hinata.
I hope so as well. I just hope it doesn't wind up being Hinata sacrificing herself like with Pain again...
Chewie Cookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 05:50 AM   #820
Inoichi
Genin Elite

Inoichi is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Me too, i like them.^^
Inoichi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hinata, naruhina, naruto, pairings