Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Battlegrounds Versus Debates > Narutoverse

Narutoverse For all the debates involving characters from the Naruto series.

Old 10-11-2010, 06:40 PM   #41
SimpleGenin
Special Jonin Candidate

SimpleGenin saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!
Default Re: Danzo vs Hanzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by colorles View Post
either way just as the sannin improved since Hanzo fought them, Danzo has improved since he was a rival of Hiruzen (although Danzo stll speaks highly of him, just how Tobi speaks highly of Hashirama Senju)
But how powerful were the Sannin when they fought Hanzo? That is something nobody knows. If Jiraiya knows Sage Mode already at that time, that even adds on to his Hype. Remember, Jiraiya learned the prophecy in an early age so their's a good chance he already knew the ways of the Sage Mode.
SimpleGenin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 06:53 PM   #42
colorles
Banned

colorles is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleGenin View Post
But how powerful were the Sannin when they fought Hanzo? That is something nobody knows. If Jiraiya knows Sage Mode already at that time, that even adds on to his Hype. Remember, Jiraiya learned the prophecy in an early age so their's a good chance he already knew the ways of the Sage Mode.

he was never shown in Sage Mode though against Hanzo (even if he had it, he was never shown in it, and anyways Jiraiya in SM challenged Pain at least somwhat, the same Pain that wiped out Hanzo), and Orochimaru has some formidable jutsu such as hydra that he didnt use, amoung others. either way Orochimaru especially went on to learn many more techniques, and keep in mind that Hanzo was said to have been wiped out by Pain, and Jiraiya put up an impressive fight against Pain, pretty much confirming that Jiraiya got stronger, and its known that Orochimaru did as well. based on how they both performed against Pain, at best Hanzo is at SM Jiraiya's level, the same Jiraiya that fought Pain. also keep in mind that the sannin's summons were younger and less powerful at that time too, and Hanzo was by far there superior in experience

sure Hanzo was powerful, just his battle against younger sannin's can be misleading per say
colorles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 07:01 PM   #43
SimpleGenin
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
he was never shown in Sage Mode though against Hanzo (even if he had it, he was never shown in it, and anyways Jiraiya in SM challenged Pain at least somwhat, the same Pain that wiped out Hanzo), and Orochimaru has some formidable jutsu such as hydra that he didnt use, amoung others. either way Orochimaru especially went on to learn many more techniques, and keep in mind that Hanzo was said to have been wiped out by Pain, and Jiraiya put up an impressive fight against Pain, pretty much confirming that Jiraiya got stronger, and its known that Orochimaru did as well. based on how they both performed against Pain, at best Hanzo is at SM Jiraiya's level, the same Jiraiya that fought Pain. also keep in mind that the sannin's summons were younger and less powerful at that time too, and Hanzo was by far there superior in experience

sure Hanzo was powerful, just his battle against younger sannin's can be misleading per say
It's only misleading if you jump to conclution. You said it yourself, they never showed SM Jiraiya fighting Hanzo. From their on, its really up for grabs. Hanzo is massively hyped, by the Sannin, by Pain, by the Hidden Rain Village, and he was even said to be one of the most powerful ninja of his time. Danzo has no such hype.
Old 10-11-2010, 07:44 PM   #44
EVIL
Academy Graduate

EVIL is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

sorry i dont know what Hanzo can do .

he said to strong , but i don't know much .

but i feel like danzo Izanagi spam is enough to think about his superiority
EVIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 07:47 PM   #45
Akatsuki X
Special Jonin Candidate

Akatsuki X has completed a tough C-rank mission!Akatsuki X has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix Wright View Post
So Danzo is the leader of root, countless times he was shown to be inferior to Hiruzen if it's not common sense (but I'm assuming you can't comprehend like others), and Hiruzen was Kage. By that logic Hanzo still>Hiruzen and remember I'm using hype here.

Like I said it's hype so I don't care if you need to show something, there's nothing to be shown. But if you can't comprehend (Which like everyone else I assume you can't), then you shouldn't be able to notice that was a drawn out battle.

The problem is, I can't tell if your doing this on purpose, or just messing with me.

Anyways, Hanzo beat the Sannin before they were even above average shinobi.

All Tsunade could do was heal,
Oro didn't even learn his powerful, forbidden techniques yet,
Jiraiya was the only competent one, and I don't even know if he had Sage Mode by then.

I like videos,
I like making videos,

Me and my friends are funny,
we make funny videos.

See where I'm going?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Akatsuki X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 08:06 PM   #46
Phoenix Wright
Attorney at Lawl

Phoenix Wright has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Phoenix Wright has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Phoenix Wright has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Phoenix Wright has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Phoenix Wright has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Phoenix Wright has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Phoenix Wright has a spectacular chakra aura going on.
Send a message via AIM to Phoenix Wright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akatsuki X View Post

The problem is, I can't tell if your doing this on purpose, or just messing with me.

Anyways, Hanzo beat the Sannin before they were even above average shinobi.

All Tsunade could do was heal,
Oro didn't even learn his powerful, forbidden techniques yet,
Jiraiya was the only competent one, and I don't even know if he had Sage Mode by then.
I'm completely serious if you don't believe me I guess it's your choice but I won't pull an Eric Cartman and say "Haha I tricked you sort of" later on.

So where's your proof of this though? Well I know where it is. There isn't any. You're focusing on some feats but the fight was hype as is Hanzo, there isn't anything suggesting their power but Hanzo being as strong as he was found them to be pretty impressive compared to the others he'd slaughtered.

You people can't deny a clear flashback that showed the fight's results and say it was fake or something, it is hype but it's not only that but common knowledge.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">
Phoenix Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 08:44 PM   #47
Vivi
Little Miss Spoiler
Formerly V-Valentine
Jonin

Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

*sigh*

Hanzo has shown nothing that suggest he can defeat Danzo.

Hype or not what truly matters is solid proof Hanzo is able to win this.

We never saw anything that suggests he can.

His fight with the Sannin's?
We can only speculate just how good they were back then.

Ergo!
Danzo stomps with his given Feats.

If anyone can come up with real Hanzo feats that are rock-solid let me know.

Jessie>Tifa and Aeris.
Vivi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 08:46 PM   #48
SimpleGenin
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivi View Post
*sigh*

Ergo!

We already agreed on that. We were arguing about who's better hyped? Danzo or Hanzo?
Old 10-11-2010, 08:49 PM   #49
colorles
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleGenin View Post
We already agreed on that. We were arguing about who's better hyped? Danzo or Hanzo?
as i said before though, Danzo is an undergound figure and therefor would not have hype, he is an 'unknown' ability wise to the ninja world, so he does not have hype

what he has is haxx and the abilities of the senju and uchiha amoung other things; Danzo is basically an assembled and weaker version of a rikudo sage in a sense, as far as abilites go (uchiha and senju, and his other abilites). Danzo is haxx and formidible, and ability wise relatively 'unknown'
Old 10-11-2010, 08:51 PM   #50
Phoenix Wright
Attorney at Lawl

Phoenix Wright has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Phoenix Wright has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Phoenix Wright has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Phoenix Wright has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Phoenix Wright has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Phoenix Wright has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Phoenix Wright has a spectacular chakra aura going on.
Send a message via AIM to Phoenix Wright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivi View Post
*sigh*

Ergo!

Yeah but that's clear, the thing is if you want to debate against me(or whoever else debates for the hype here) about going for hype or not which I am.

The thing is using hype here there can't be any proof but it's common knowledge he beat the Sannin whether you don't know how strong they were or not you have to know he thought they were worthy enough and stronger than any other ninja he fought and killed. It was also a long drawn out battle if you can notice that and there's no point if you're going by just feats.

I don't see why people rely on feats way too much anyway especially on a fight like this one when its clear Hanzo wins, this is just the BG Logic coming into play.
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">
Phoenix Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 08:59 PM   #51
SimpleGenin
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
as i said before though, Danzo is an undergound figure and therefor would not have hype, he is an 'unknown' ability wise to the ninja world, so he does not have hype

what he has is haxx and the abilities of the senju and uchiha amoung other things; Danzo is basically an assembled and weaker version of a rikudo sage in a sense, as far as abilites go (uchiha and senju, and his other abilites). Danzo is haxx and formidible, and ability wise relatively 'unknown'
You've just admitted that Danzo lack Hype. He may have all those stuff but he isnt as highly hyped as Hanzo. Thats just that. What your saying about the Izanagi amd Uchiha abilities are feats.
Old 10-11-2010, 09:02 PM   #52
SimpleGenin
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix Wright View Post
I don't see why people rely on feats way too much anyway especially on a fight like this one when its clear Hanzo wins, this is just the BG Logic coming into play.
I argued the same thing before but all I got was "Logic is different with everyone. What might be logical for you might not be for someone else therefor feats takes president over hype because with hype, we cant "calculate" but rather speculate" something like that.

Its like if we used the same logic here with DBZ and YuYu Hakusho,
Frieza and Elder Toguro would be top tier. Which is so far from the truth.
Old 10-11-2010, 09:06 PM   #53
colorles
Banned

[QUOTE=SimpleGenin;4147020]You've just admitted that Danzo lack Hype. He may have all those stuff but he isnt as highly hyped as Hanzo. Thats just that. What your saying about the Izanagi amd Uchiha abilities are feats.[/QUOTE]

yeah but regardless of whether the viewers of the manga saw these feats, the Naruto Universe would not be aware of them since he does not have hype. however, does not having hype make those abilities any less real?
Old 10-11-2010, 09:13 PM   #54
SimpleGenin
Special Jonin Candidate

Excactly so because no one knew about it, he wasnt hyped because of it. A person just can't hype a character, it takes another character from the story to actually Hype someone.. Hanzo is all about Hype while Danzo is more about feats when compared to Hanzo.

Last edited by SimpleGenin; 10-11-2010 at 09:26 PM.
Old 10-12-2010, 10:07 AM   #55
Devil's Lawyer
Banned

Devil's Lawyer is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Danzo is featless because he chose to be that way. He was all about stealth. It has been mentioned in the story if not Danzo the leaf would have been destroyed many times.
Devil's Lawyer is offline   Reply With Quote