Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Battlegrounds Versus Debates > Omniverse

Omniverse Anything goes in this forum. Any multiverse, any singleverse, any fight. Just know in advance that Kakashi can't beat Superman.

Old 09-16-2010, 02:55 PM   #1
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Default Speed vs. Power

According to the infamous retard from the OBD, Basch71, speed doesn't matter without power. Thoughts?
Shikamaru Nara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 02:56 PM   #2
J-Sun Tasogare
is secretly a carebear

J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.
Default Re: Speed vs. Power

Well if you can't get hit how does the other person win? And anything going at sonic speeds is going to hurt a normal human and possibly kill them at least.
J-Sun Tasogare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 02:57 PM   #3
Nyruss
Special Jonin Candidate

Nyruss is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Nyruss is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Nyruss is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Nyruss is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

I rest my case.
Nyruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 03:00 PM   #4
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Sun Tasogare View Post
Well if you can't get hit how does the other person win? And anything going at sonic speeds is going to hurt a normal human and possibly kill them at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudemeister View Post

I rest my case.

Elaquent disdain. Retard Basch.
Old 09-16-2010, 03:09 PM   #5
Lady Tsunade
Old.

Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

OBD's full of trolls. Probably why
Speed>>>Power

You can have all the power in the world. And be as slow as a slug, unable to land a hit.
Lady Tsunade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 03:10 PM   #6
Nyruss
Special Jonin Candidate

Nyruss is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Nyruss is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Nyruss is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Nyruss is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

It's why Tsunade is so weak.
Nyruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 03:13 PM   #7
cnorwood
Special Jonin Candidate

cnorwood saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

flash has peak human strength, until he does a infinite mass punch. speed>>>>>>power
cnorwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 03:18 PM   #8
Devroux

Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Tsunade View Post
Speed>>>Power

You can have all the power in the world. And be as slow as a slug, unable to land a hit.
Exactly.

Being fast may not mean you can cause a lot of damage at once but if you land a few good blows before someone with a lot of power can hit you then you're at least going to cause some damage.

Speed>Power
χ Δ|✝ΣR

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Devroux is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 03:31 PM   #9
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Tsunade View Post
Speed>>>Power

Not really. NBD isn't much better either.

Also, that's why Tsunade is weak. Like Ono said.
Old 09-16-2010, 03:41 PM   #10
Bacon

Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Strength without speed is the equivalent to an axe wielding marauder trying to kill an archer from 30 paces away. You can have the power to kill someone in swing,but it doesn't matter if you can't hit someone. There are exceptions to this notion like the kn4's and Dragonball z style chakra attacks,but the common case is you end up with are enemies like Choji or Jirobo. xD

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:

12:11 PM So you enter the debate with full knowledge that you know nothing of worth on the subject, and then state you will not make an effort to learn. Way to be poster-boy for blight of the forum. Leave discussions of intelligence to those that have it.

Click the dratini for anime rants

Last edited by Bacon; 09-16-2010 at 03:48 PM. Reason: I didn't have the ('t) in my paragraph >.>.
Bacon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 03:46 PM   #11
takuya
Special Jonin Candidate

takuya finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.takuya finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.takuya finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.takuya finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.takuya finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.takuya finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.takuya finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.takuya finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.
Send a message via AIM to takuya

I say speed>power. It doesn't matter how strong you are if you can't even hit someone. You could be able to blow up planets with one attack, but it doesn't matter if the person you're trying to kill is fast enough to avoid your attack.
Old 09-17-2010, 12:20 PM   #12
king kakashi
Special Jonin Candidate

king kakashi is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.king kakashi is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.king kakashi is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.king kakashi is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Cool Re: Speed vs. Power

if youy can't hit you can't win if you can dodge someone with speed you win

king kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 12:22 PM   #13
lolohwd
Special Jonin Candidate

lolohwd finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.lolohwd finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.lolohwd finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.lolohwd finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.lolohwd finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.lolohwd finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.lolohwd finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.lolohwd finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Awards Showcase

speeed always wins eg speed blitz
lolohwd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 12:31 PM   #14
Akatsuki X
Special Jonin Candidate

Akatsuki X has completed a tough C-rank mission!Akatsuki X has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Power means nothing without durability.

Speed kills anyone, the only real way to counter speed is with insane tanking.
You can't kill someone if you can't catch them.
But you also can't kill someone who doesn't even flinch at your attacks.

I like videos,
I like making videos,

Me and my friends are funny,
we make funny videos.

See where I'm going?

Akatsuki X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 01:52 PM   #15
Invisible Fog
Veteran Chunin

Invisible Fog is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Speed>Power

Say you're running extremely fast, yet you're super weak in the arms, if you put out your arm and run it into their face then it's gonna hurt HARD.
Old 09-17-2010, 02:18 PM   #16
The 1st Hokage
Monster Disciple

Location: Bein' naked in your closet. Don't worry, I'm not comin out.
The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Awards Showcase

Unless you're Massively Hypersonic or faster, speed without power means nothing. If you are facing someone with city block durability, you won't kill them by ramming them at Supersonic speed. If you are Light Speed and can hit someone with infinite mass, then good for you, but if you can't, without power, you're screwed.

Quote:
I looked at the post and laughed SO HARD again! I hate you, 1st Hokage.
I AM STRAIGHT FOR VEX<3

I AM ALSO GAY FOR JONESY<3
The 1st Hokage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 02:20 PM   #17
J-Sun Tasogare
is secretly a carebear

J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 1st Hokage View Post
Unless you're Massively Hypersonic or faster, speed without power means nothing. If you are facing someone with city block durability, you won't kill them by ramming them at Supersonic speed. If you are Light Speed and can hit someone with infinite mass, then good for you, but if you can't, without power, you're screwed.
I don't know about you but nails can cut skin, now imagine finger nails going at supersonic speeds across your throat, or just poke their eyes out and then go on to ruthlessly kicking the crap out of them.
Old 09-17-2010, 02:25 PM   #18
The 1st Hokage
Monster Disciple

The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
I don't know about you but nails can cut skin, now imagine finger nails going at supersonic speeds across your throat, or just poke their eyes out and then go on to ruthlessly kicking the crap out of them.
Now how many characters are going to do that IC or BL? None as far as I can tell. I agree, but if no characters will do that under any circumstances, it deems your post redundant.

Quote:
I AM STRAIGHT FOR VEX<3

Old 09-17-2010, 02:35 PM   #19
J-Sun Tasogare
is secretly a carebear

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 1st Hokage View Post
Now how many characters are going to do that IC or BL? None as far as I can tell. I agree, but if no characters will do that under any circumstances, it deems your post redundant.
You're also stating that ramming into someone at supersonic speeds hundreds of times wouldn't kill someone? And anyone with average intelligence would know where to head. Also you said tackling someone at Supersonic Speeds wouldn't hurt? Does a regular punch hurt? Yah it does, now imagine that going at supersonic speeds at whatever place they want it to go for. Also the slow person can't hit the fast person. so they'd just get worn out.
Old 09-17-2010, 02:54 PM   #20
The 1st Hokage
Monster Disciple

Awards Showcase

Quote:
You're also stating that ramming into someone at supersonic speeds hundreds of times wouldn't kill someone? And anyone with average intelligence would know where to head. Also you said tackling someone at Supersonic Speeds wouldn't hurt? Does a regular punch hurt? Yah it does, now imagine that going at supersonic speeds at whatever place they want it to go for. Also the slow person can't hit the fast person. so they'd just get worn out.
An average person doesn't have city Block durability do they? No. I didn't say 100+ times did I? I said, or intended it to be 1 time. You're putting words in my mouth Cursed.

Quote:
I AM STRAIGHT FOR VEX<3