Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Great Off-Topica > Creative Corner

Creative Corner Fanfiction? Check. Fan Art? Check. Anything else you can imagine creating? Check, check, check. Just keep those pesky forum rules in mind!

Old 09-12-2010, 01:21 PM   #1
Leafy
has a deathwish!

Leafy just might be Kage someday.
Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Default Writing Contest

This is the same as the one in off topic, but posted here.

This is a contest to see who the best writer is.

All participants must have good grammar.

The topic this week is a Haiku poem.

Rewards will be rep, and your name edited in the op

Judges: You can apply to be a judge for this round.

You may post your story here, or you may pm it to the judges, or me.

Winners
Spoiler:
Chuckness-short story-9/19/10

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Leafy; 09-20-2010 at 11:51 AM.
Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 02:31 PM   #2
lolohwd
Special Jonin Candidate

lolohwd finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.lolohwd finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.lolohwd finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.lolohwd finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.lolohwd finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.lolohwd finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.lolohwd finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.lolohwd finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Writing Contest

how short would you say a short story is? exactly
lolohwd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 02:37 PM   #3
Leafy
has a deathwish!

Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

No longer than a page.

Old 09-12-2010, 02:40 PM   #4
Kunoichi
Easily Bribed

Kunoichi just might be Kage someday.
Kunoichi just might be Kage someday.Kunoichi just might be Kage someday.Kunoichi just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

You should put a word limit on it.

Spoiler:

Kunoichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 03:05 PM   #5
Leafy
has a deathwish!

Awards Showcase

How many words do you think the limit should be?

Old 09-12-2010, 03:20 PM   #6
Kunoichi
Easily Bribed

Kunoichi just might be Kage someday.Kunoichi just might be Kage someday.Kunoichi just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by leaf777 View Post
How many words do you think the limit should be?
Ummm well, the average short story can be anywhere from 1-5 pages, you already said you wanted to limit it to about a page. The average page is about 275-300 words give or take, so I guess about 300 words? But that seems a bit small, maybe 500?

Spoiler:

Old 09-12-2010, 03:51 PM   #7
Leafy
has a deathwish!

Awards Showcase

500 words is the limit.

Old 09-12-2010, 04:01 PM   #8
Kunoichi
Easily Bribed

Awards Showcase

Hey can I be a judge for this round?

Spoiler:

Old 09-12-2010, 04:10 PM   #9
NarutoxSakura4ever
Special Jonin Candidate

NarutoxSakura4ever saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!NarutoxSakura4ever saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!
Send a message via AIM to NarutoxSakura4ever

Can I be a judge?
TOO BAD!
NarutoxSakura4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 04:11 PM   #10
Leafy
has a deathwish!

Awards Showcase

Ok, you all will be the judges.

Old 09-12-2010, 04:13 PM   #11
NarutoxSakura4ever
Special Jonin Candidate

NarutoxSakura4ever saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!NarutoxSakura4ever saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

Alright.
TOO BAD!
Old 09-12-2010, 04:15 PM   #12
Invisible Fog
Veteran Chunin

Invisible Fog is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

I will probably post mine tomorrow.
Old 09-12-2010, 04:41 PM   #13
Kiseki
Release the Kraken!

Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Can I use a part of my story Izumi I just wrote?
Or does it has to be something completely new?

Kiseki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 04:46 PM   #14
Leafy
has a deathwish!

Awards Showcase

You can use part of your story.

Old 09-14-2010, 09:35 PM   #15
Monster Addict92
Banned

Monster Addict92 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to Monster Addict92

here's mine:
He walked along the bridge, knowing what he had lost. He remembered er body, laying there, in his arms and her last breaths. He kissed her on the lips their last, and final kiss. Tears ran down his face. He opened up the small black box in his pocket. It had a beautiful sapphire ornated in silver. The sapphire was as blue as the deep ocean. He didn't know what to do. His journey still was in need of him, yet, he couldn't go along with it. He knew who killed her, and why. Which made him hurt even more. Then he thought about what came back from the autopsy, which didn't help. He felt like he was going to have a heart attack from this pain, or he wanted it to happen. He felt like there was nothing left. Why should he continue his journey when all it has done has brought him nothing but pain. Then he remembered that it actually had brought good memories, meeting his friends, doing his job, and most of all, meeting the love of his life. He almost threw it in the pond, but decided to keep it. His phone rang. After awhile he said: "Understood, I'll be there in a few." Then he walked back along the bridge, knowing that part of his life ended on the other end of the bridge, but a new part had begun on this side.
Monster Addict92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 05:57 AM   #16
Kiseki
Release the Kraken!

Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

I made something new. Not from my story Izumi, but completely something else.

Crystal clear waters with birds floating around in it. As the top of my finger starts to make contact I suddenly forgot who I am, what I'm doing here. The wrinkles on the water are shaping very precise and keep on growing larger and larger. The longer I look at it, the more I'm hypnotized by this beauty of nature. What if I fall in? Will it hurt if my body slowly floats to the bottom of the lake, not getting any air? Slowly taking steps into the water, the wrinkles become larger and all go out of shape. I feel like I'm messing with nature and I feel amazed. Faster and faster I start to walk into the depth of this lake, until I realize... It's not dark! Suddenly all movement stopped, bubbles of air rising around my body and I look around, slowly creating one gigantic bubble around me. A shadow of another person rises from the depth and slowly puts his hand on my bubble. I walk towards him and gently put my hand on the same spot at my side of the bubble wall. Within seconds the entire wall starts to collapse and I snap out of it all at the moment I see my own blood. He stabbed me. My body started to feel cold and I realize something important. Give yourself, then you give your soul. Pain always surrounds us, waiting for you to open up.

Kiseki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 01:18 PM   #17
Leafy
has a deathwish!

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster Addict92 View Post
here's mine:
He walked along the bridge, knowing what he had lost. He remembered er body, laying there, in his arms and her last breaths. He kissed her on the lips their last, and final kiss. Tears ran down his face. He opened up the small black box in his pocket. It had a beautiful sapphire ornated in silver. The sapphire was as blue as the deep ocean. He didn't know what to do. His journey still was in need of him, yet, he couldn't go along with it. He knew who killed her, and why. Which made him hurt even more. Then he thought about what came back from the autopsy, which didn't help. He felt like he was going to have a heart attack from this pain, or he wanted it to happen. He felt like there was nothing left. Why should he continue his journey when all it has done has brought him nothing but pain. Then he remembered that it actually had brought good memories, meeting his friends, doing his job, and most of all, meeting the love of his life. He almost threw it in the pond, but decided to keep it. His phone rang. After awhile he said: "Understood, I'll be there in a few." Then he walked back along the bridge, knowing that part of his life ended on the other end of the bridge, but a new part had begun on this side.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiseki View Post

Crystal clear waters with birds floating around in it. As the top of my finger starts to make contact I suddenly forgot who I am, what I'm doing here. The wrinkles on the water are shaping very precise and keep on growing larger and larger. The longer I look at it, the more I'm hypnotized by this beauty of nature. What if I fall in? Will it hurt if my body slowly floats to the bottom of the lake, not getting any air? Slowly taking steps into the water, the wrinkles become larger and all go out of shape. I feel like I'm messing with nature and I feel amazed. Faster and faster I start to walk into the depth of this lake, until I realize... It's not dark! Suddenly all movement stopped, bubbles of air rising around my body and I look around, slowly creating one gigantic bubble around me. A shadow of another person rises from the depth and slowly puts his hand on my bubble. I walk towards him and gently put my hand on the same spot at my side of the bubble wall. Within seconds the entire wall starts to collapse and I snap out of it all at the moment I see my own blood. He stabbed me. My body started to feel cold and I realize something important. Give yourself, then you give your soul. Pain always surrounds us, waiting for you to open up.
Both of these stories are sad, and focus on pain, and have great detail. Awesome stories.

There's still time left, so everyone get your short stories in!

Old 09-15-2010, 03:54 PM   #18
Monster Addict92
Banned

Monster Addict92 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to Monster Addict92

thanks,
and your story is amazing Kiseki
Monster Addict92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 04:02 PM   #19
Kunoichi
Easily Bribed

Awards Showcase

I think Chuckness is going to write one too, and I see NarutoxSakura lurking toooo

Spoiler:

Old 09-15-2010, 04:08 PM   #20
NarutoxSakura4ever
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster Addict92 View Post
here's mine:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiseki View Post

Both of your stories were amazing!!!!

@Kunoichi Yes thats what I do... stalk a thread! Lol XD
TOO BAD!