Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Cutting Edge > Debate Forum

Debate Forum Debate interesting non-Naruto topics. All forum rules apply.

Old 09-07-2010, 06:41 PM   #1
RSAHinataSpringbokF1
Jonin

RSAHinataSpringbokF1 has completed a tough C-rank mission!RSAHinataSpringbokF1 has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Awards Showcase

Default Koran bruning controversy

When I saw the news, there was a Gainesville, Florida-based pastor who wants to burn copies of the Koran on the 9/11 anniversary coming up. The State Department wasn't happy on that action. If that wasn't enough, Muslims worldwide protested and burned effigies of the conterversial pastor. That would endanger U.S. trops and civilains in Afghanistan. Do you think the Koran bruning conterversy seem too rough on the Muslims?
Viva Paraguay, Lugo y la albirroja
Paz y justicia (peace and justice)
Vive Cote d'Ivoire y vive les Elephants
Union-Discipline-Travail (Union, Discipline, Labor)
Viva Mexico y el Tri
Vive Louisiane, Saints, Drew Brees, les Habs, Quebec, et Youppi!
RSAHinataSpringbokF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 07:00 PM   #2
alex1231
Special Jonin Candidate

alex1231 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.alex1231 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.alex1231 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.alex1231 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.alex1231 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.alex1231 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Default Re: Koran bruning conterversy

i don't know

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
alex1231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 07:07 PM   #3
mrsticky005

mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

As if people don't burn Bibles...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Spam once and the forum will be annoyed.
Spam twice and warnings will be deployed
Spam thrice and a infraction you will receive
Spam 8,984 times and a FAIL Agent you''ll soon be.

...At least in my case.
mrsticky005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 07:08 PM   #4
alex1231
Special Jonin Candidate

alex1231 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.alex1231 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.alex1231 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.alex1231 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.alex1231 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.alex1231 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

i know

alex1231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 07:10 PM   #5
mrsticky005

mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

I hope this pastor knows what he's getting himself into.
Heck not just him but his whole church even.

...At least in my case.
Old 09-07-2010, 07:22 PM   #6
Blind Uchiha
formerly Kuroi Kagai
Lightning Amp Disciple
Justice of the BG

Blind Uchiha just might be Kage someday.
Blind Uchiha just might be Kage someday.Blind Uchiha just might be Kage someday.Blind Uchiha just might be Kage someday.Blind Uchiha just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via Skype™ to Blind Uchiha

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsticky005 View Post
I hope this pastor knows what he's getting himself into.
Heck not just him but his whole church even.
Muslims aren't just going to treat it like is one church doing it. It will most likely lead to the deaths of many other christians, and possibly american soldiers as well.

Blind Uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 07:23 PM   #7
mrsticky005

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Uchiha View Post
Muslims aren't just going to treat it like is one church doing it. It will most likely lead to the deaths of many other christians, and possibly american soldiers as well.

They'd probably do all that anyways.
But the pastor just makes himself
a more immediate target.

...At least in my case.
Old 09-07-2010, 07:29 PM   #8
Blind Uchiha
formerly Kuroi Kagai
Lightning Amp Disciple
Justice of the BG

Blind Uchiha just might be Kage someday.
Blind Uchiha just might be Kage someday.Blind Uchiha just might be Kage someday.Blind Uchiha just might be Kage someday.Blind Uchiha just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via Skype™ to Blind Uchiha

Quote:
They'd probably do all that anyways.
But the pastor just makes himself
a more immediate target.
Similar to the assassination order placed on Salman Rushdie? He will likely be more of a target, but I still believe that this will effect more than just his church.

Blind Uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 08:08 PM   #9
mrsticky005

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Similar to the assassination order placed on Salman Rushdie? He will likely be more of a target, but I still believe that this will effect more than just his church.
Perhaps but those who would be targeting were probably waiting for an "excuse" to target in the first place that way they get more support.

...At least in my case.
Old 09-07-2010, 08:12 PM   #10
lolohwd
Special Jonin Candidate

lolohwd finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.lolohwd finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.lolohwd finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.lolohwd finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.lolohwd finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.lolohwd finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.lolohwd finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.lolohwd finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Awards Showcase

hes obviously a radical wanting to call attention for his own secret agenda and to fund his ideals.
as in hes stupid
people have the right say what they want read what they want and believe what they want
lolohwd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 08:25 PM   #11
mrsticky005

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolohwd View Post
hes obviously a radical wanting to call attention for his own secret agenda and to fund his ideals.
as in hes stupid
people have the right say what they want read what they want and believe what they want

I think there's a difference between standing
up for your rights and trying to cause a commotion.

...At least in my case.
Old 09-08-2010, 10:18 PM   #12
Hawt Guido
Genin

Hawt Guido is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via AIM to Hawt Guido Send a message via Skype™ to Hawt Guido

Old 09-09-2010, 07:08 AM   #13
Err
Special Jonin Candidate

Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Awards Showcase

Pastor is crazy. I don't think there's anything else to say besides that.

To further the point, we are a social species because we are interdependent. You could count on your hand how many people in a millennium can get by with absolutely no help from anyone else ever. Yet we never work together. That's why ants will eventually bring us down.
Err is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 07:21 AM   #14
SimpleGenin
Special Jonin Candidate

SimpleGenin saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

i dont know why people would even burn koran and the bible. it cost money.. burn something else like trash or something.. what a waste
Old 09-09-2010, 07:29 AM   #15
JCTKNE4E
has a red hand print on his cheek

JCTKNE4E is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.JCTKNE4E is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.JCTKNE4E is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.JCTKNE4E is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.JCTKNE4E is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.JCTKNE4E is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

First and foremost, let me compare this to the building of the new 'mosque', although I can admit that it is a much more aggressive act. But that said, let's apply the same argument that others use. Let's see if I can dig up some hypocrisy, and say that hey, they have a right to burn the koran, it is after all, only a book. So why not let them? Why let public protest stand in the way HERE, and not in other cases? I mean, it isn't as if people haven't burned bibles and other religious documents before, hell, some have burned the American Flag. Suck it up. Radical Atheists (a term I find slightly humorous) have burned bibles, Christians have burned books that contradict or oppose their beliefs, but I haven't seen a huge public outburst about any of that. Why the National Headlines now?

That serves as more of a perspective on how poor the argument of 'they have a right to __________' REALLY is, and is not necessarily my actual opinion on the subject. Also serves to show the opposite side of 'Islamophobia', those that pander to the Muslim Community, because it is 'politically correct' to do so.

In my actual opinion, the guy is a moron. Why would you do it? What positive outcome could this possibly have, what cause could this sort of action support? I see nothing that stands to be gained. It is almost certainly what it appears to be: one christian extremist bent on demeaning another religion, and could quite easily be an attempt to foster more hatred towards muslims.

If this is some kind of protest to the new 'mosque', then hey, you're doing it wrong buddy.

Quote:
Which shows how extremely flawed their views are. One man decides "I wanna burn the holy book of the Islamic religion", and all of a sudden, its America's fault, or all Christians? Please. EssTeeEffYou.

The sad reality is though, that this is actually likely to happen. A sad world we live in.

Quote:
I think there's a difference between standing
up for your rights and trying to cause a commotion.
He has a right to though, right?
Seriously though, this falls in the latter category, I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Err View Post
Pastor is crazy. I don't think there's anything else to say besides that.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Quote:
they dealed my thread why!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
can any1 pm me some yuri please

Quote:
thats why we call you reatard.

Quote:
私は、スーパー倒錯者。
Quote:
supposedly japanese but i have my doubts lol

JCTKNE4E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 01:10 PM   #16
Err
Special Jonin Candidate

Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Awards Showcase

Update:

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE68709M20100909
To further the point, we are a social species because we are interdependent. You could count on your hand how many people in a millennium can get by with absolutely no help from anyone else ever. Yet we never work together. That's why ants will eventually bring us down.
Err is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 02:36 PM   #17
Hyuzaka
Freshmen Academy Student

Hyuzaka is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

While I don't agree with what they were trying to do, I'm honestly not surprised something like this popped up. What I'm actually surprised by is this being the first event, that I'm aware has gained media attention and/or happened, to take place involving the Koran since 9-11. Its a glorified Anti-Muslim sentiment such as this are so asinine its ridiculous.

Actually the ridiculous part of it all was part of an interview I caught with the Pastor in question. Now while I can't quote him directly off hand, the general gist of the message was: "I encourage other Muslim people to come down and burn the Koran in defiance to the radical portions of your religion". When asked if he thought this would dissuade or otherwise ostracize a good portion of Muslims, he could not see why it would.

In this case the fool is acting upon what I can only call idiocy.
Hyuzaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 09:56 AM   #18
deidara330
Mr. Serious

deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Stupid idea from a stupid person to do a stupid thing for a stupid reason. Sheer stupidity.
deidara330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 01:59 PM   #19
Cagalli
Banned

Cagalli is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

This is why the US is stupid in many aspects. People want the freedom to do whatever they want, but the actions of an individual can affect an entire group of people. We need more rules on what people can and cannot do.
Cagalli is offline   Reply With Quote