Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Cutting Edge > Debate Forum

Debate Forum Debate interesting non-Naruto topics. All forum rules apply.

View Poll Results: Do you believe in God?
Yes 87 80.56%
No 21 19.44%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 01:50 PM   #41
Err
Special Jonin Candidate

Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Do you believe in God?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewis4 View Post
The lord puts obstacles infront of us, it is a test of faith I guess, but when people die there is nothing oyu can do about it you just have to move on, nothing will change, I don't believe you should stop believe since someone is dead, we all die eventually.
My signature has never had so much relevance until now. Heh.
To further the point, we are a social species because we are interdependent. You could count on your hand how many people in a millennium can get by with absolutely no help from anyone else ever. Yet we never work together. That's why ants will eventually bring us down.
Old 06-26-2009, 01:51 PM   #42
Gamabunta
Big Bad Bully
Tactless

Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshi-Chan View Post
I can believe what I want to believe.
True. I can also believe gravity doesn't exist. Then again if I jump off a cliff, I will be proven wrong.
Old 06-26-2009, 01:54 PM   #43
Err
Special Jonin Candidate

Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Awards Showcase

mangagirl, Ninja Pink, Mini: Why?
To further the point, we are a social species because we are interdependent. You could count on your hand how many people in a millennium can get by with absolutely no help from anyone else ever. Yet we never work together. That's why ants will eventually bring us down.
Old 06-26-2009, 01:56 PM   #44
Lou!e
Special Jonin Candidate

Lou!e is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to Lou!e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Err View Post
My signature has never had so much relevance until now. Heh.
Uh-huh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamabunta View Post
True. I can also believe gravity doesn't exist. Then again if I jump off a cliff, I will be proven wrong.

LOL!!
Old 06-26-2009, 01:57 PM   #45
Gamabunta
Big Bad Bully
Tactless

Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Quote:
You are ignoring my questions. If God doesn't exist then Right and wrong are just an opinion. And if they are just an opinion then they are meaningless. What happens when my opinion on what's right and wrong conflict with yours? What if I believe murder isn't wrong?
Old 06-26-2009, 01:58 PM   #46
Gamabunta
Big Bad Bully
Tactless

Too bad you're quote isn't even what Lewis said . Lewis said the point is faith, and so that we truely believe. Jesus says we shouldn't try and be strong, that's why we rely on him.
Old 06-26-2009, 01:58 PM   #47
Zain Kabuta
Genin

Zain Kabuta has completed a tough C-rank mission!Zain Kabuta has completed a tough C-rank mission!
Send a message via Yahoo to Zain Kabuta

i believe in god.... and the resin i just need some thing to believe in and i feel powered by it and believe there is a bunch of reasons why i do...

Black King was here, crackaz! =d
Old 06-26-2009, 01:59 PM   #48
Yoshi-Chan
Special Jonin Candidate

Yoshi-Chan saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able, and willing? then whence cometh evil? Is he neither willing, nor able? Then why call him God." - Epicurus.
I'm still looking up.."
Old 06-26-2009, 02:05 PM   #49
Ninja Pink
NDF's Pink Fairy Armadillo

Ninja Pink is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Ninja Pink is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Ninja Pink is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Ninja Pink is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Ninja Pink is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Ninja Pink is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Ninja Pink is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Ninja Pink is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Ninja Pink is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Ninja Pink is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Ninja Pink is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:

Because not only was I raised too,is because the only evidence of how the whole world was created was him,I don't know the best way to exaplain,just is what it is.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hi I'm Pink and I
Forum girls and Ariana Grande <3

happy with my boyfriend :3
Spoiler:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-26-2009, 02:14 PM   #50
Err
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:
You are ignoring my questions. If God doesn't exist then Right and wrong are just an opinion. And if they are just an opinion then they are meaningless. What happens when my opinion on what's right and wrong conflict with yours? What if I believe murder isn't wrong?
Sorry, I wasn't ignoring your post. I must of missed it. No, right and wrong isn't based on God's existence. It's logic that plays through, reasonable thinking. You know you shouldn't kill other people, because you wouldn't want that happening the people around you or you. So, you think there was no right and wrong before the bible?
Old 06-26-2009, 02:16 PM   #51
Ninja Pink
NDF's Pink Fairy Armadillo

Ninja Pink is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Ninja Pink is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Ninja Pink is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Ninja Pink is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Ninja Pink is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Ninja Pink is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Ninja Pink is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Ninja Pink is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Ninja Pink is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Ninja Pink is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Ninja Pink is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
I just answered it

Hi I'm Pink and I
Forum girls and Ariana Grande <3

happy with my boyfriend :3
Spoiler:

Old 06-26-2009, 02:18 PM   #52
Lou!e
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able, and willing? then whence cometh evil? Is he neither willing, nor able? Then why call him God." - Epicurus.
People aren't created evil, their intentions are evil, so it is the persons' fault not God's.

Last edited by Lou!e; 06-26-2009 at 02:19 PM. Reason: wrong there -_-.
Old 06-26-2009, 02:22 PM   #53
Gamabunta
Big Bad Bully
Tactless

Quote:
Let me tell you something.

God created us to be human beings. We have the right to decide and make our choices. If these choices didn't have consequences then they wouldn't be choices. And if we didn't have the right to decide we'd be robots, not humans. By the very nature of our existence there is pain and suffering, caused by human choices.

Now another point I want to make is how bad of logic that quote is. You see we are all able to prevent evil but we don't. I could prevent the murder of innocents if I became a dictator and allowed no one to have these freedoms. In that I'm ending evil, but I'm not allowing any freedom which in turn makes the solution more evil than the cause.

One could also say you not giving your comfort and you desires up to help end all human suffering is selfish and evil. I mean God's not preventing human suffering, so he's evil right? Well you aren't preventing human suffering, so you are evil right?
Old 06-26-2009, 02:24 PM   #54
Gamabunta
Big Bad Bully
Tactless

Quote:
Sorry, I wasn't ignoring your post. I must of missed it. No, right and wrong isn't based on God's existence. It's logic that plays through, reasonable thinking. You know you shouldn't kill other people, because you wouldn't want that happening the people around you or you. So, you think there was no right and wrong before the bible?
How do you know? Perspectives and experiences influence our logic. That is fact. That's why two people using perfectly sound logic can come to two different answers. Maybe I do believe murder is good, people out there certainly do, so who's right me or you? Like I said without a lawgiver there are no laws, meaning there is no right or wrong. You saying their is no lawgiver but there are laws is once again bad logic.
Old 06-26-2009, 02:28 PM   #55
Err
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Pink View Post
Because not only was I raised too,is because the only evidence of how the whole world was created was him,I don't know the best way to exaplain,just is what it is.
I was raised Christian by my mother. It was the only thing I knew to believe, I didn't know it was an option to not believe in him. Mother shot down everything I said, and tried to put her beliefs in me. I went to her church from newborn until I was 16. So I know what you mean.
Old 06-26-2009, 02:55 PM   #56
Err
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:
How do you know? Perspectives and experiences influence our logic. That is fact. That's why two people using perfectly sound logic can come to two different answers. Maybe I do believe murder is good, people out there certainly do, so who's right me or you? Like I said without a lawgiver there are no laws, meaning there is no right or wrong. You saying their is no lawgiver but there are laws is once again bad logic.
So with your thinking, every religion somehow follows every set of morals. What happens when those set of morals comes into contact with say, oh, abortion, stem cell, or removing life support systems on dying people? Are you for capital punishment or not? Depending on your answer you might be going against morals one religion believes with another set of morals the other religion believes. These are general very touchy issues since the bible isn't clear on things like these. What of your god-given morals now? How can some people be for stem cell and others not? Pro-life, Pro-choice? Just because you believe one set of morals is true, doesn't make you right either. Human's interpret the bible as how they want it to be. The things that are set in stone are already in the bible.
Old 06-26-2009, 03:00 PM   #57
Gamabunta
Big Bad Bully
Tactless

Quote:
So with your thinking, every religion somehow follows every set of morals. What happens when those set of morals comes into contact with say, oh, abortion, stem cell, or removing life support systems on dying people? Are you for capital punishment or not? Depending on your answer you might be going against morals one religion believes with another set of morals the other religion believes. These are general very touchy issues since the bible isn't clear on things like these. What of your god-given morals now? How can some people be for stem cell and others not? Pro-life, Pro-choice? Just because you believe one set of morals is true, doesn't make you right either. Human's interpret the bible as how they want it to be. The things that are set in stone are already in the bible.
First off, the bible allows for interpretation at certain parts. The old testament is mainly written history, and a book of laws. It's not meant to be interpreted. Second of all I do believe in right and wrong, and I do have morales. My point is is that there is right and wrong, and that there is a God who created the laws of this universe. You have to make a choice you can deny God and right and wrong (something we all have built into us whether or not we choose to believe it) or you can deny both. Otherwise you take away your own credibility and arguments.
Old 06-26-2009, 03:20 PM   #58
Err
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:
First off, the bible allows for interpretation at certain parts. The old testament is mainly written history, and a book of laws. It's not meant to be interpreted. Second of all I do believe in right and wrong, and I do have morales. My point is is that there is right and wrong, and that there is a God who created the laws of this universe. You have to make a choice you can deny God and right and wrong (something we all have built into us whether or not we choose to believe it) or you can deny both. Otherwise you take away your own credibility and arguments.
Yes, and that interpretation can be taken as anything one religion wants to believe. My point is that there is right and wrong without God and his bible, and by saying that, it does not discredit anything that I believe to be right and wrong. Those are just matters of opinion. If God spoke to me, giving me proof that he does in fact exist, believe me, we would not be having this argument. But since God does not speak to anyone, including you, I will not be a believer of God or any of God's religions.

Last edited by Err; 06-26-2009 at 03:48 PM.
Old 06-26-2009, 03:29 PM   #59
Lou!e
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
Bah we only interpet the bible how we want, people pick and choose things to take literally, like Thou shalt not be disrespectful to thy parents, lest ye be killed that is never taken literaly or Women shalt not teach, nor hold authority positions over men. (1 Timothy 2:11-15), this is not taken literally either,
Thou shalt not eat pork, shrimp, lobster, or any shellfish. (Leviticus 11:7-12)

Fish are friends not food!
Old 06-26-2009, 03:30 PM   #60
Kuroda Taishi
Banned

Kuroda Taishi is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Do you believe in life after love?
Closed Thread

Tags
christian, fsm, god, qur'an, religion