Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Cutting Edge > Debate Forum

Debate Forum Debate interesting non-Naruto topics. All forum rules apply.

View Poll Results: Do you believe in God?
Yes 87 80.56%
No 21 19.44%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 12:35 PM   #1
Err
Special Jonin Candidate

Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Awards Showcase

Exclamation Do you believe in God?

Doesn't matter if you are not Christian or not a part of a religion. If you believe in God, explain why you do. If you don't believe in God, explain why not.

Want to know what fellow Naruto fans believe.

Before you start flaming other people for believing what they do, read this:
Instead of people putting other people down for their beliefs, we can share and argue (the good kind) each others ideas. We learn why people believe what they believe and why they have such strong convection's in their beliefs. It's about having an open-mind, and knowing that peoples beliefs may differ from yours. It should not be about who's right and wrong, it's about ideas, opinions, and personal beliefs that makes every human unique. Enjoy the diversity.
To further the point, we are a social species because we are interdependent. You could count on your hand how many people in a millennium can get by with absolutely no help from anyone else ever. Yet we never work together. That's why ants will eventually bring us down.

Last edited by Err; 08-13-2009 at 05:31 AM.
Old 06-26-2009, 12:38 PM   #2
Gamabunta
Big Bad Bully
Tactless

Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.
Default Re: Do you believe in God?

Yes. Because our world was clearly designed by intelligence, and it's something all of us have built into our brain. Every single past nation, tribe, and people had a god.
Old 06-26-2009, 12:38 PM   #3
jacobjak
Special Jonin Candidate

jacobjak is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamabunta View Post
Yes. Because our world was clearly designed by intelligence, and it's something all of us have built into our brain. Every single past nation, tribe, and people had a god.
what he said

all my waffles are stored in a secret waffle filled cave

Cardboard Boxes Unite!!!!!!!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

New god of waffles

Join the waffle gods royal hobo army!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Spoiler:
NO THIS IS NOT WAFFLE LAND
Spoiler:
Yes I do wish it was
Spoiler:
Nah ramen land is better
Spoiler:
Spoliers end here
Spoiler:
Now if you read the next spoiler you owe me ramen
Spoiler:
congrates you get to die
Spoiler:
.........not really
Spoiler:
MMM cake
Old 06-26-2009, 12:45 PM   #4
Ryaque
Special Jonin Candidate

Location: I'ma partyin' wit dah Dothraki and "crowning" Viserys! xD
Ryaque is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Ryaque is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Ryaque is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Ryaque is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Ryaque is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Send a message via Yahoo to Ryaque Send a message via Skype™ to Ryaque
Wink Re: Do you believe in God?

I believe there is a great force in this world that guides us from above. So yes I belive in God or maybe even gods. You never know do you?

Old 06-26-2009, 12:47 PM   #5
jacobjak
Special Jonin Candidate

jacobjak is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

science may say we all developed from atoms on a meteor to the humans we are today but i think its god beacuse how are we so much smarter than other animals without help from above

all my waffles are stored in a secret waffle filled cave

Cardboard Boxes Unite!!!!!!!!

New god of waffles

Join the waffle gods royal hobo army!!!

Spoiler:
NO THIS IS NOT WAFFLE LAND
Spoiler:
Yes I do wish it was
Spoiler:
Nah ramen land is better
Spoiler:
Spoliers end here
Spoiler:
Now if you read the next spoiler you owe me ramen
Spoiler:
congrates you get to die
Spoiler:
.........not really
Spoiler:
MMM cake
Old 06-26-2009, 12:48 PM   #6
Kuromaki
Sage of Starbucks Coffee

Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Yes, of course. What Gamabunta said.

Old 06-26-2009, 12:52 PM   #7
Err
Special Jonin Candidate

Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
How was it clearly designed?
To further the point, we are a social species because we are interdependent. You could count on your hand how many people in a millennium can get by with absolutely no help from anyone else ever. Yet we never work together. That's why ants will eventually bring us down.
Old 06-26-2009, 12:56 PM   #8
Err
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobjak View Post
science may say we all developed from atoms on a meteor to the humans we are today but i think its god beacuse how are we so much smarter than other animals without help from above
Atoms are everywhere in the universe, it's in the air we breathe, the water we drink, the food we eat, the world we live on, and we are even made it up of them. It most certainly did not only come form a meteor. It came from stars, and everything in between.
Old 06-26-2009, 12:57 PM   #9
Gamabunta
Big Bad Bully
Tactless

Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Err View Post
How was it clearly designed?
DNA is a language. For a language to exist, it has to first be written. Our cells are very complex, as complex if not more complex than our entire universe. The chances of a planet existing that is actually capable of supporting life is nigh impossible, yet here we are.
Old 06-26-2009, 12:59 PM   #10
naru22
Genin

naru22 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

I dont really beleive in god that much... im not saying im athiest (and im not saying theres a Problem with being athiest) and im not saying there isnt a god, just that there are lots of gods that ppl beleive in and that i wanna be on the safe side so that the gods/godesses arent mad at me when i die, u know? (this is a bit hard to explain lol.) there could be ANYTHING out there that created us all...and if it has the power to do that then i REEAALLYY dont wanna be on its bad side. (im a bit nervous to post this cuz i dont want a ton of angry ppl yellin at me!)
Old 06-26-2009, 01:00 PM   #11
naru22
Genin

naru22 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryaque View Post
I believe there is a great force in this world that guides us from above. So yes I belive in God or maybe even gods. You never know do you?
EXACTLY!! ok this is kinda what i was trying to say!!!
Old 06-26-2009, 01:02 PM   #12
Err
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:
DNA is a language. For a language to exist, it has to first be written. Our cells are very complex, as complex if not more complex than our entire universe. The chances of a planet existing that is actually capable of supporting life is nigh impossible, yet here we are.
OK, then what about the popular belief that God created this universe for us? If God had indeed created this universe for us, then the next logical step will creating more habitable planets like Earth all around us.
Old 06-26-2009, 01:03 PM   #13
mangagirl
Drama King
Perpetually leaving the forum

mangagirl finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.mangagirl finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.mangagirl finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.mangagirl finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.mangagirl finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.mangagirl finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.mangagirl finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.mangagirl finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.mangagirl finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.
Send a message via Skype™ to mangagirl

i think i belive in god

Old 06-26-2009, 01:04 PM   #14
Gamabunta
Big Bad Bully
Tactless

Quote:
OK, then what about the popular belief that God created this universe for us? If God had indeed created this universe for us, then the next logical step will creating more habitable planets like Earth all around us.
If God created the universe for us, he would've granted us wings, and the ability to fly through space. That's just bad logic. God gave us what he gave us. Just because he didn't give us more, doesn't mean he doesn't exist.
Old 06-26-2009, 01:07 PM   #15
Lou!e
Special Jonin Candidate

Lou!e is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to Lou!e

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangagirl View Post
i think i belive in god
Does this make any sense?

I believe in God.
Old 06-26-2009, 01:09 PM   #16
Gamabunta
Big Bad Bully
Tactless

Make sure you cast your vote in the poll btw.
Old 06-26-2009, 01:14 PM   #17
Err
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:
If God created the universe for us, he would've granted us wings, and the ability to fly through space. That's just bad logic. God gave us what he gave us. Just because he didn't give us more, doesn't mean he doesn't exist.
If it certainly was a God, then God would have known we could eventually fly to the moon and back, why not to different planets? The world wasn't as populated as it is now, back in those times. There was plenty of room to expand on one planet for a while.
Old 06-26-2009, 01:16 PM   #18
Lou!e
Special Jonin Candidate

Lou!e is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to Lou!e

Quote:
If it certainly was a God, then God would have known we could eventually fly to the moon and back, why not to different planets? The world wasn't as populated as it is now, back in those times. There was plenty of room to expand on one planet for a while.
God did say be fruitful and multiply ^_^.
Old 06-26-2009, 01:19 PM   #19
Gamabunta
Big Bad Bully
Tactless

Quote:
Once again bad logic. Just because something doesn't exist, doesn't prove that god doesn't exist. Did it ever occur to you that we are supposed to be limited to one planet?

That's like me saying my great great grandpa never existed, because I've never seen him and because he would've left me a fortune if he had.
Old 06-26-2009, 01:22 PM   #20
Yoshi-Chan
Special Jonin Candidate

Yoshi-Chan saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

I do not believe in God.
I'm still looking up.."
Closed Thread

Tags
christian, fsm, god, qur'an, religion