Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Cutting Edge > Debate Forum

Debate Forum Debate interesting non-Naruto topics. All forum rules apply.

Old 08-22-2010, 09:11 PM   #61
Vex
Special Jonin Candidate

Vex is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Vex is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Vex is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Vex is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Vex is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Vex is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Vex is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Vex is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Vex is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Vex is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Vex is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Vex is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Vex is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Vex is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Vex is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Default Re: Spanking, yes or no?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolohwd View Post
its a good thing to get her in the mood
Spoiler:

Vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 09:14 PM   #62
Naruko-chan
Special Jonin Candidate

Location: In your room, violating all of your stuffed animals. >:D
Naruko-chan saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

I smack on the bottom, yes. But several wacks with anything other than a hand, like a belt, no.
Missing-nin
OTP:NaruSasu <3
^^^^^^^^^
------------------------------------------------
Naruko-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 09:17 PM   #63
NarutoxSakura4ever
Special Jonin Candidate

NarutoxSakura4ever saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!NarutoxSakura4ever saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!
Send a message via AIM to NarutoxSakura4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunoichi View Post
Do you think it's right/wrong for parents to spank their children?
When they deserve it yes, when they don't no.
TOO BAD!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
NarutoxSakura4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 09:17 PM   #64
NBT
Banned

NBT is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.NBT is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.NBT is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.NBT is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.NBT is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.NBT is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

I'll say yes,though belts and extension cords work better.Where I'm from,putting kids on punishment never works and talking sure as h*ll don't work.They figure that sense that's the worst that'll happen to them,they can keep doing whatever without any problems.
NBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 09:02 AM   #65
NarutoUzumaki12
Special Jonin Candidate

NarutoUzumaki12 has completed a tough C-rank mission!NarutoUzumaki12 has completed a tough C-rank mission!NarutoUzumaki12 has completed a tough C-rank mission!

spanking is fine but going overboard and smacking someone with a bat or Belt isn't

Naruto is Finnaly where it belongs on Toonami

Currently playing: Assassin's Creed 3

Spoiler:
Rest in peace Neji
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

NarutoUzumaki12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 09:48 AM   #66
Zemirock
Genin

Zemirock is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

never been spanked or hit that hard

Anime<3

^ Mitsukuni Haninozuka cosplayer

Zemirock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 03:00 PM   #67
Tsukinomai
Special Jonin Candidate

Tsukinomai saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

I would only spank my children if they really deserved it. But other than that.

No.

Tsukinomai

Tsukinomai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 08:36 PM   #68
Temari-san
Chunin Exam Participant

Temari-san is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf/Mist Shinobi250 View Post
Personally I find it wrong to hit your child even if it was just spanking. I mean I myself have never been spanked and anything but it should never come to something like hitting your child in anyway to punish them, because your just showing the child your bigger and more powerful then they are and maybe making the child fear you a little. But this is just me.
i understand where you are coming from but you are suppost to fear your parents when you get spanked, but it's not as if i would lock myself away in my room that i would be terrified enough. When you get spanked, you are shown right from wrong in a way. When I would get spanked it was either because a) i pushed my parent's buttons or b) I wouldn't listen to what they told me to do or i did something wrong. These examples might sound the same but they aren't. Punishment is different from Abuse. When my dad would spank me he would hold my arm firmly and spank me and i would cry OR if my dad's hand wasn't handy I was spanked with a wooden spoon/paddle or his foot. His foot wasn't so hard but the spoon HURT. That's when you learn not to do what you just did ever again so you can't go down the road to a spanking. You then sorta respect your parents. Spankings have made me a better person. Well, that's all I have to say...

I love pink floyd, metallica, motley crue, led zeppelin and rammstein. ohh yes <3
Temari-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 08:39 PM   #69
Temari-san
Chunin Exam Participant

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarutoUzumaki12 View Post
spanking is fine but going overboard and smacking someone with a bat or Belt isn't
i've got the belt to my butt before. it hurts, but that's for something i would so that was really fricken bad like one time when i was 7 i threw a big rock at our sliding glass door and broke a hole through it. I got the belt AND the paddle. But punishment is punishment. it's not as if my parents didn't love me and they did it out of pure abuse.

I love pink floyd, metallica, motley crue, led zeppelin and rammstein. ohh yes <3
Old 08-23-2010, 08:40 PM   #70
Manda
Chunin Exam Participant

Manda is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

I don't approve of spanking. It is just another form of negative conditioning.

I much prefer the use of positive conditioning methods.
Old 08-24-2010, 04:30 AM   #71
NBT
Banned

NBT is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.NBT is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.NBT is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.NBT is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.NBT is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.NBT is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Which doesn't work at all.
Old 08-25-2010, 09:02 PM   #72
Temari-san
Chunin Exam Participant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manda View Post
I don't approve of spanking. It is just another form of negative conditioning.

I much prefer the use of positive conditioning methods.
Then how do you expect your kids to learn right from wrong? giving them a cookie whenever the throw a rock through your window? idk. something just isn't right. Like i said, there is a difference between disipline and abuse.

Old 08-25-2010, 09:05 PM   #73
Danielle
Special Jonin Candidate

Danielle finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Danielle finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Danielle finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Danielle finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Danielle finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Danielle finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Danielle finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Danielle finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.
Send a message via MSN to Danielle Send a message via Yahoo to Danielle

Spanking is fine if the child deserves it, but it should never happen out of anger or frustration.

I should also add that it should be the very last line of punishment.

Last edited by Danielle; 08-25-2010 at 09:36 PM.
Danielle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 10:49 PM   #74
narutosbiggestfan37
Ninja Academy Student

narutosbiggestfan37 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by shikamarulover18 View Post
did anyone else's parents make them go and get the belt/switch before they whipped you? hahah that was the worst. it was like on top of getting your butt kicked, you had to pick your own torture device. haha good times
yep i got the switch when i was little...
narutosbiggestfan37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 10:51 PM   #75
lolohwd
Special Jonin Candidate

lolohwd finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.lolohwd finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.lolohwd finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.lolohwd finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.lolohwd finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.lolohwd finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.lolohwd finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.lolohwd finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Awards Showcase

no it could alledgedly cause brain damage
lolohwd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 11:18 PM   #76
Tsukinomai
Special Jonin Candidate

Tsukinomai saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temari-san View Post
Then how do you expect your kids to learn right from wrong? giving them a cookie whenever the throw a rock through your window? idk. something just isn't right. Like i said, there is a difference between disipline and abuse.
Abuse is hitting your child for no reason. Discipline is punishing your child for doing wrong. Discipline teaches our children from doing wrong and doing right. Spanking is legal as long as it's with your bare hand nothing else.

Tsukinomai

Tsukinomai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 11:26 PM   #77
NaruGaar. <3
Genin

Location: Probably somewhere West of where you're standing.. ;)
NaruGaar. <3 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by narutosbiggestfan37 View Post
yep i got the switch when i was little...

i think its right. a disrespectful or just bad kid deserves to get hit at the right time. [only at the right time] lol. if a kid does sumthin wrong and the parents only ground them or yell at them, then they are likely to do it again. butt if they get slapped theyre likely not to. cuz it hurts and they dont wanna get hit again. lmao i learned that!! i got the switch too..still could im 13. haha.

"Life Without a Friend is Death Without a Witness"

NaruGaar. <3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 04:56 AM   #78
NBT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsukinomai View Post
Abuse is hitting your child for no reason. Discipline is punishing your child for doing wrong. Discipline teaches our children from doing wrong and doing right. Spanking is legal as long as it's with your bare hand nothing else.
Though I'm not sure how that would work on a teenager.
Old 08-26-2010, 05:04 AM   #79
sasuhina
Academy Graduate

sasuhina is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via AIM to sasuhina Send a message via Yahoo to sasuhina

Well, I agree with the rightness and wrongfullness, Heres my theroy:
Its not okay to hid a child when your angry or any other reason, Bwcause that can lead to death or harm your child.But if you just give them a little whack on the behind and send them off to there room everything would be fine, Just dont go over-board and hit them your hardest!

杰西卡
"Raise your hand if you thought of something naughty!
Bff (rl): Temari4
Taken

нιηaтa.uɐɹnɥıuɐ
sasuhina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 06:07 AM   #80
Kreegah!!!
Special Jonin Candidate

Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.

Awards Showcase

Thumbs up Re: Spanking, yes or no?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsticky005 View Post
Thankfully it didn't have holes in it (that makes it worse)
but one thing that would make it worse is that I would be
told how I was getting it easy...

"Back in MY day we got beaten with switches! Consider yourself lucky!"

Heh heh.
I've had the paddle, the switch, the backhand... everything but the punch and cat-o'-nine-tails, really. The problem is I learned to wise up and frame everyone else for my wrongdoings. I became VERY sneaky

This isn't a knock against spanking; I'm in favor of it. I just happen to be sociopathic or something. Which is why you should all be for spanking--it is the litmus test of your children's psyche. Will they learn to behave or learn to work the system? Now you'll know society's bad apples.

If you don't though, they'll "mature" in ignorance of any consequence to their words and actions. Which means that by the time they realize they can't go through life looking out for "Number One", they'll be on the receiving end of a punch to the face, kick to the ribs, or even a bullet to the head. Then their parents will weep at the graves of their willful children, and I'll laugh with sweet Justice.

So spank your kids before I have to knock a few teeth loose.

Spoiler:
A sociopath for justice?? Whooooaah
Kreegah!!! is offline   Reply With Quote