Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Cutting Edge > Debate Forum

Debate Forum Debate interesting non-Naruto topics. All forum rules apply.

Old 08-21-2010, 01:32 AM   #21
SimpleGenin
Special Jonin Candidate

SimpleGenin saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!
Default Re: Right to Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolohwd View Post
everyone has the right to live religously and legally but its dying isnt really a right to have legally or religously
especially with the commendments
everyone has the right to live.. or something like that..
mercy killing is an important thing to think about though and people whose in the vegetable state.. how would we know weither they wanna die or not.
Old 08-21-2010, 01:34 AM   #22
lolohwd
Special Jonin Candidate

lolohwd finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.lolohwd finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.lolohwd finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.lolohwd finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.lolohwd finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.lolohwd finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.lolohwd finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.lolohwd finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Awards Showcase

well when people are in a vegstable state
is there brain activity cause if theres not than mercy killing might just be ok

if there is than maybe they want to be like that cause once you pull the blug its over period unless you go religous

u are a very interesting person genin
lolohwd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 01:46 AM   #23
SimpleGenin
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
well when people are in a vegstable state
is there brain activity cause if theres not than mercy killing might just be ok

if there is than maybe they want to be like that cause once you pull the blug its over period unless you go religous

u are a very interesting person genin
thats what doctor and scientist are trying to find out.. some say vegetable patience have concious some say no.
im a religous person but i dont like to include relgious belief in debates just because i understand that not everyone has the same views as you.. i highly beleive in the saying "it depends in the situation" haha if that makes sense.. i beleive that saying because life isnt always as straight forward as ppl think.. you cant always use the same logic in every situation cause every situation is dif.. if that makes sense..

haha im actually just using this forum to gain knowledge.. its summer and i really really dont wanna get rusty.. haha and it beats readings books.. i can just ask ppl.. thank you though haha
Old 08-21-2010, 01:49 AM   #24
lolohwd
Special Jonin Candidate

lolohwd finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.lolohwd finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.lolohwd finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.lolohwd finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.lolohwd finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.lolohwd finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.lolohwd finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.lolohwd finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Awards Showcase

well is it really up to another person to decide anyones fate
once we figure if they have a concious we can put those who dont to rest.

religously it shouldnt happen at all. im trying to find my religon but i have my own beliefs
Old 08-21-2010, 01:55 AM   #25
SimpleGenin
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
well is it really up to another person to decide anyones fate
once we figure if they have a concious we can put those who dont to rest.

religously it shouldnt happen at all. im trying to find my religon but i have my own beliefs
yeah your right.. unless we know if they have concious we really cant tell.. we shall wait then.. ill put this thread on hold or something haha

hhmm aslong as you believe in something, it really doesnt matter, if you dont mind me asking, what are your beliefs? religiously?
Old 08-21-2010, 02:04 AM   #26
lolohwd
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

i mean i believe in jesus as our savior and in god but the way to worship i believe should change

i went to one church that basically said if you dont go every week ur gonna die

the way i worship is i believe in jesus as a savior. theres a god. but you dont need to pray for things cause thats asking to much. he saved us once and will save us again once we die but to ask him for everthing is crazy. i feel aslong as you accept jesus as a savior and in god, and that you live your life the best you can and not blatantly disobey the words of the god, and give thanks for the things in ur life than ull be fine

idk its hard to explain. i battle myself over religon alot cause im really science oreintated and that somethimes clashes with religon like dinosaurs
Old 08-21-2010, 02:12 AM   #27
SimpleGenin
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
i mean i believe in jesus as our savior and in god but the way to worship i believe should change

i went to one church that basically said if you dont go every week ur gonna die

the way i worship is i believe in jesus as a savior. theres a god. but you dont need to pray for things cause thats asking to much. he saved us once and will save us again once we die but to ask him for everthing is crazy. i feel aslong as you accept jesus as a savior and in god, and that you live your life the best you can and now blatantly disobey the words of god than ull be fine
we have very simalar belief with some major difference.. i also though that praying about something in a way of asking is a bit too much.. i believe that people should DO the things that would make them succesful and not just pray about it.. i pray for support alot of time and protection for my family and friends..

i go to church but i beleive its not neccesary.. you can pray while in the bathroom, aslong as you do it sometimes..

i also believe in other relgion too.. god once said that to look for him is to search for him.. so i think the budda, alah, jesus are all the same person dif interpretation..

but the important is you have faith.. people have wondered weither god is real or not but how can they say that to me when ive seen proff.. haah kinda weird but yeah.. his real..
Old 08-21-2010, 02:15 AM   #28
lolohwd
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleGenin View Post
we have very simalar belief with some major difference.. i also though that praying about something in a way of asking is a bit too much.. i believe that people should DO the things that would make them succesful and not just pray about it.. i pray for support alot of time and protection for my family and friends..

i go to church but i beleive its not neccesary.. you can pray while in the bathroom, aslong as you do it sometimes..

i also believe in other relgion too.. god once said that to look for him is to search for him.. so i think the budda, alah, jesus are all the same person dif interpretation..

but the important is you have faith.. people have wondered weither god is real or not but how can they say that to me when ive seen proff.. haah kinda weird but yeah.. his real..
these are the most interesting conversations ive ever had on the forums thanks!!
Old 08-21-2010, 02:19 AM   #29
SimpleGenin
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
these are the most interesting conversations ive ever had on the forums thanks!!
agreed..

well ama go to sleep for now.. its 2 in the morning and im still eating chocolate.. prolly gonna spend the majority of my time tomorrow/today working out.. ugh man.. ok
  • GOODNIGHT
Old 08-21-2010, 02:23 AM   #30
lolohwd
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

goodnights
Old 08-21-2010, 04:45 AM   #31
Vornmusion
Smooth as Sandpaper
Sage of Lemonade
CB Murder Bros & Co.
Urthalre Di Wer Kepesk

Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.
Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsticky005 View Post
Everyone has deserves the "right" to die. Heck it's not even a right it's going to happen.
Fixed that for you. We deserve the right, we don't have the right. Sadly. Apparently the powers that be, lay claim to that right.

To that I say:
"I am but a man, what right have I to deny someone control over their own fate."

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstick005
The question is do we have the right to kill out of mercy---
or at least what we may think is mercy?
The real question is: What is mercy?
Vornmusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 03:58 PM   #32
SimpleGenin
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vornmusion View Post
Fixed that for you. We deserve the right, we don't have the right. Sadly. Apparently the powers that be, lay claim to that right.

To that I say:
"I am but a man, what right have I to deny someone control over their own fate."

i have question about alot of this.. and i dont really wanna be to technical or anything
say someone has cancer, dying slowly and painfully.. that person then says his ready to die cause he cant bear the pain anymore.. doesnt he have the right to get what he wants.. cause i think its not fair at all to tell a dying person "no keep living" because it is the right thing to do.. basically i use moral past anything else in alot of situation.. yes you can ask a person what mercy is and all but to me a decision with no moral is just not good.. haha my vocabs not very vast haha
Old 08-22-2010, 02:27 AM   #33
Rasengan-
Chunin Exam Participant

Rasengan- is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

It's not the right to die, more in the sense it is the choice to choose to die or not.

Individual choice cannot be overshadowed by what our own morals and ethics in the choice to die or not. In this sense "our own" can be in the form of an institution(s) - e.g. government or communities or groups etc.

We can persuade or convince people not to choose to die, but we cannot by force stop them in any means. This is because they have the right to choose for themselves unless they impede the choice of others that choose to live force is neccessary.

Why is that I or you know what is best for someone to live and force them to live rather than giving them the choice? If however in many circumstances they are disillusioned and the right procedures are taken to ensure they have the ability to correctly choose for themselves then yes.

We do not need to find out what everyone wants, only the person themselves can determine what they want - this is called the 'freedom to choose'.

And religion has its own false - if the person who chose to die, does not by any means bounded by religious belief (however, the can be as well), if it is a sin then so be it, but by using force to stop them to impose their own belief that is either right or wrong have its own flaw of controversy. All religion must be applied and as we all know all religion do not agree with each other.

It is also not legally to have the right to die, it is the choice to have individual choice to choose to die.

Important Note: "we all die someday" obviously so I'm talking about suicides or the act of killing others.
Rasengan- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 04:12 AM   #34
mrsticky005

mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vornmusion View Post

To that I say:

Actually we DO have the "right" to die. I'm using quotation marks because
calling it a right is a bit silly. It's like saying what goes up has the right
to come down. We don't just have the "right" to die. We WILL die.

While we can "prolong" life we can't prevent death. No matter how much care you get you will eventually die.

Euthanasia is committing homicide for the sake of preventing suffering.

Homicide is the act of killing another person. Which is exactly what
you are doing when you euthanize someone. No matter what you call it.

The catch is that we do it to prevent suffering.

We put them out of their misery.

But is this the right thing to do? Lots of people suffer and are miserable.
Children starve to death everyday. Starving is a horrible way to die.
So should we be merciful and put them out of their misery?

Yes there is charity and foreign aid. But it can only do so much.
The sad fact is that just like how people will suffer in the hospital
bed, children will die a slow agonizing death from starvation.

And besides food ain't free. It'll be cheaper to just kill them.

Just like how it's cheaper to euthanize and commit homicide.

What is mercy?

Well one thing it certainly is NOT is
killing people who are an inconvenience.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Spam once and the forum will be annoyed.
Spam twice and warnings will be deployed
Spam thrice and a infraction you will receive
Spam 8,984 times and a FAIL Agent you''ll soon be.

...At least in my case.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
mrsticky005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 07:46 PM   #35
Aiyami
Academy Graduate

Aiyami is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

That is a matter of perspective but when you bring God in it the answer will be no. if not if someone wants to die because life is to much to bare or to painful wouldn't it be inhumane to keep them alive and watch them go by life day by day wishing to die
unforgetabledon'tforgetilvusomuchbelievemeiloveyou

iwillalwaysbetherenomattrerwhatbecausr\eiknowinmyh eartwewilllaughlater!
cause we always do!
^_^
Aiyami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 08:54 PM   #36
Vornmusion
Smooth as Sandpaper
Sage of Lemonade
CB Murder Bros & Co.
Urthalre Di Wer Kepesk

Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.
Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsticky005 View Post
Actually we DO have the "right" to die. I'm using quotation marks because
calling it a right is a bit silly. It's like saying what goes up has the right
to come down. We don't just have the "right" to die. We WILL die.

While we can "prolong" life we can't prevent death. No matter how much care you get you will eventually die.
In some places of the world (and the US even I think) trying to commit suicide is illegal. That alone means we do not have the right to die of our own free will, is what I'm getting at when I say we don't have the right to die.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsticky005
What is mercy?

Well one thing it certainly is NOT is
killing people who are an inconvenience.
Mercy is whatever a person sees it as, so who can say what it really is? No one.
Vornmusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 12:28 AM   #37
Tsukinomai
Special Jonin Candidate

Tsukinomai saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

Hm. Since I'm a Christian I don't really believe in suicide but tbh.

Every person has their religion and every person has a right to believe what they want.

Tsukinomai

Tsukinomai is offline   Reply With Quote