Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Battlegrounds Versus Debates > Battlegrounds HQ

Battlegrounds HQ The headquarters of the debating area. Introduce yourself here, get to know other Battlegrounds, and discuss the details and events of the BG.

Old 08-12-2010, 08:53 PM   #41
Miles Edgeworth
Special Jonin Candidate

Miles Edgeworth is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Miles Edgeworth is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Miles Edgeworth is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Miles Edgeworth is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Miles Edgeworth is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Send a message via AIM to Miles Edgeworth Send a message via MSN to Miles Edgeworth
Default Re: Naruto Tier List (Based on Kishi's Intentions, Hype, etc)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare Luffy View Post
Again. Nothing points to him being jonin level when he had trouble against wave arc Sasuke and even then he needs a water source to be effective. Yes, his talent was above Zabuza's, too bad he died before he could use it to become jonin level.

I would've put Iruka and Mizuki higher had they been chuunin later on in the manga and not beaten by chapter 1 Naruto. Kishi retconned Kage Bushin later on and how strong chuunin were. Izumo and Kotetsu have enough hype by being chuunin and in the Zombies arc that puts them against someone who struggled against Wave arc Sasuke and needs a water source.

Yes she's hyped now. Why are you treating this like if it's something you analyze every feat then use that too determine the winner? I made it very clear it wasn't. Going by hype Sakura could beat Lee and Choji in the manga. If you want debate what would happen using the feats in topic pertaining them but like I keep saying this isn't what the is is about. Like you said, "It doesn't matter what hype there is". Clearly, you aren't looking at this list the way I'm talking about.

They had enough time to rest after the fight to regain their chakra back so that shouldn't have been an issue. I'm sure on one on one either of the special jonin would have beat then. Even then, the other characters like Sakura have enough hype to be above them. Also, I don't think you understand. It's not only about if say Tayuya can beat Sakura, but how well they do against other opponents overall.

Yes, that's a factor in resisting the jutsu. Actually, it may have been chakra, but either way it was a factor in resisting the jutsu. Kakuzu has been shown to be one of the better taijutsu masters in the manga. Among Akatsuki only Kisame, Maybe Asura, could beat him in a taijutsu match.

They certainly have better hype then then people below them for the most part and you haven't proved otherwise yet.
Nothing points to Izumo and Kotetsu being Chunin level either, honestly the only reason this is the case is probably because of age and Kishi wouldn't want to make an adult ninja be a Genin since it would look really pathetic. Haku is weaker than all the people above Izumo and Kotetsu, but honestly I fail to see what gives Izumo and Kotetsu having superiority over Haku.

So you're saying that Izumo and Kotetsu would honestly do a better job against Wave Arc Sasuke had they gone solo? Also, I'm going to repeat that while it is possible Haku requires a water source, absolutely nothing definite proves that this is the case.

Then do tell me what hype Sakura has that honestly puts her above Lee or Choji. Medical ninja skills have absolutely nothing to do with fighting ability and being compared to Tsunade means nothing since Tsunade relies on the fame of her former teammates and Katsuyu to truly be that great.

What, they had a few minutes to charge all their chakra back? If that's the case, then Jirobo should not have had to use his chakra dome to absorb all of their chakra, clearly he needed to fill up more. If the Sound 4 truly went all out with CS2 from the start without any restraint, the Special Jonins would have been demolished unless you can prove otherwise.

Factor yes, the decide-all solution to, no. Stamina alone is not going to help you break out of Shadow Possession. Also, many times, Shikamaru was the one who gave out after some pressure due to low chakra, so large stamina isn't an issue since that is something he absolutely stinks at. The only thing that gives Kakuzu formidable taijutsu is Iron Skin, it doesn't even make him a master at it, just powerful with his hits. It doesn't make him any harder to dodge.

How do they have "better" hype? Darui and C are both bodyguards of the Raikage as well as Jonin, I would say they'd have to be at least semi-competent to be appointed to that role. It's better hype than just being Jonin and parents of fighters who aren't exactly the most hyped characters in the series.
Miles Edgeworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 10:37 PM   #42
Phoenix Wright
Attorney at Lawl

Phoenix Wright has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Phoenix Wright has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Phoenix Wright has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Phoenix Wright has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Phoenix Wright has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Phoenix Wright has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Phoenix Wright has a spectacular chakra aura going on.
Send a message via AIM to Phoenix Wright

I'm gonna leave it up to NL unless you want me to debate more, although its probably gonna end up in AIM somehow, you're relying way too much on feats, and no matter how much NL stresses you still seem to mention feats, and more feats.

Just because, say, Sakura gets stomped by Lee or the like, doesn't mean he automatically gets put higher than her on the list, because of what Kishi plans to do with Sakura in the future.

Because there's no way for Sakura to survive Gates doesn't matter to the thread.

It was just an example though I don't even know whether you mentioned Gates or not.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">
Phoenix Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 11:25 PM   #43
Akatsuki X
Special Jonin Candidate

Akatsuki X has completed a tough C-rank mission!Akatsuki X has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 321zigzag3 View Post
His level of Narutoverse prep time and intelligence demands he is special jounin.

What happened to your other account?

I like videos,
I like making videos,

Me and my friends are funny,
we make funny videos.

See where I'm going?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Akatsuki X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 02:24 PM   #44
Nightmare Luffy
Chunin Exam Participant

Nightmare Luffy saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles Edgeworth View Post
Nothing points to Izumo and Kotetsu being Chunin level either, honestly the only reason this is the case is probably because of age and Kishi wouldn't want to make an adult ninja be a Genin since it would look really pathetic. Haku is weaker than all the people above Izumo and Kotetsu, but honestly I fail to see what gives Izumo and Kotetsu having superiority over Haku.

So you're saying that Izumo and Kotetsu would honestly do a better job against Wave Arc Sasuke had they gone solo? Also, I'm going to repeat that while it is possible Haku requires a water source, absolutely nothing definite proves that this is the case.

Then do tell me what hype Sakura has that honestly puts her above Lee or Choji. Medical ninja skills have absolutely nothing to do with fighting ability and being compared to Tsunade means nothing since Tsunade relies on the fame of her former teammates and Katsuyu to truly be that great.

What, they had a few minutes to charge all their chakra back? If that's the case, then Jirobo should not have had to use his chakra dome to absorb all of their chakra, clearly he needed to fill up more. If the Sound 4 truly went all out with CS2 from the start without any restraint, the Special Jonins would have been demolished unless you can prove otherwise.

Factor yes, the decide-all solution to, no. Stamina alone is not going to help you break out of Shadow Possession. Also, many times, Shikamaru was the one who gave out after some pressure due to low chakra, so large stamina isn't an issue since that is something he absolutely stinks at. The only thing that gives Kakuzu formidable taijutsu is Iron Skin, it doesn't even make him a master at it, just powerful with his hits. It doesn't make him any harder to dodge.

How do they have "better" hype? Darui and C are both bodyguards of the Raikage as well as Jonin, I would say they'd have to be at least semi-competent to be appointed to that role. It's better hype than just being Jonin and parents of fighters who aren't exactly the most hyped characters in the series.
How about their speed being better? Haku's base speed was on genin level and even then to be effective he needs a water source. Haku really can't do anything to them without a water source and you still haven't proved otherwise.

How about the fact that he used the water on the bridge clearly in a panel or how about the fact that Nidaime was the first person to use Suiton without a water source in the manga and even the ANBUs were impressed by that. Yep, I think Izumo and Kotetsu would do better.

Yes, medical jutsu allows you to heal yourself from attacks done during battle. Then all the praising Chiyo and Sasori did. Then, managing to trick Kiba and Lee and getting a minor powerup in the form of sleeping bombs and poisoned kunais. Lee and Choji have done nothing in part 2 anymore to get hype or show that they've really improved that much. Sakura with one punch can take them out as well and thanks to the Sasori fight her evading skills got hyped. Stop trying to approach this list by using feats.

So the dome filled their chakra up. All right were good then, they were fully powered in those fights. Well what panel in the manga does it state they only use CS1. They were pushed to their limits and never though of going CS2 to end it easily like you say. Doesn't sound smart to me.

Yes, so a factor you admit which helped Hidan resist it somewhat. Also, just because intelligence is ignored here that doesn't mean Kishi will ignore it in the manga and Kishi has portrayed Shikamaru as one of the most smartest characters, like I keep saying stop using BG logic here.
Kakuzu:
Ninjutsu: 5
Taijutsu: 4
Genjutsu: 3
Intelligence: 4.5
Power: 4
Speed: 4
Stamina: 4.5
Seal: 3.5
Taijutsu 4, Speed 4. Kakuzu is a taijutsu master unless practically everyone else sucks at it.

Shikaku is one of the few allowed to go to the Kage Election. Some of the more famous jonin in all of Konoha. Their trio is also pretty famous. Really, if you want you could at least say they have equal hype but their is nothing at all to show Darui and C to have more hype and then the three of them are by far superior to their children.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleGenin View Post
i kinda dont agree with oro's placing on this. he has so much going for him. i think he should be above sasori/kakuzu/diedara. considering oro's hype about forbidden jutsus and stuff.. not to mention impureworld summoning. at first i thought he belong right next to jiraiya but considering A/Onoki's hype, i kinda agree oro's below..

otherwise i think this is pretty accurate..
Well yeah, Orochimaru was hard to place, I'll move him up to A and Onoki's tier. I don't think he's on Jiraiya's because that Jiraiya still hadn't reignited his will of fire and didn't use Sage Mode. Plus, Kishi seems to imply Jiraiya and Itachi are equals a lot in the manga and in the databook he gave them both 36.5 which made them tied for the highest ranking.
SSBwdXQgaXQgaW4
gY29kZSBsaWtlIH
RoaXM/IDpQ

Last edited by Nightmare Luffy; 08-13-2010 at 02:32 PM.
Nightmare Luffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 02:34 PM   #45
Kuromaki
Sage of Starbucks Coffee

Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Since this is based on hype you should at least put Ino on low Chunin level.

Kuromaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 02:36 PM   #46
Nightmare Luffy
Chunin Exam Participant

Nightmare Luffy saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuromaki View Post
Since this is based on hype you should at least put Ino on low Chunin level.
I had her there but Phoenix wouldn't stop nagging me to bring her down. If you convince him I'll move her.
SSBwdXQgaXQgaW4
gY29kZSBsaWtlIH
RoaXM/IDpQ

Nightmare Luffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 02:39 PM   #47
Kuromaki
Sage of Starbucks Coffee

Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare Luffy View Post
I had her there but Phoenix wouldn't stop nagging me to bring her down. If you convince him I'll move her.
Why Nick why -_-

He'll probably look at this thread later, so I'mma just say this now. Ino obviously had to earn her rank as Chunin, not to mention she got medical ninjutsu, so by hype she should at least be low Chunin level.

Old 08-15-2010, 01:31 PM   #48
YondaimeUzumaki
Freshmen Academy Student

YondaimeUzumaki is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

i can agree with the list for the most part, yes i'm a first timer and all, but at least Tobi is in his proper position. I honestly think that he is shell of his former self at this point in time. I do argue with Konahamaru's positioning only because it think he's already showing signs of greatness especially during the Pein (or Pain) battle. Hinata could afford to be moved up a couple of spaces because her progress as well. That just my opinion nice list though.
YondaimeUzumaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 11:13 PM   #49
The 1st Hokage
Monster Disciple

Location: Bein' naked in your closet. Don't worry, I'm not comin out.
The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Awards Showcase

I agree with Kuro. Chuunins are Chuunins for reason through hype, and she also has Medical skills so she should be an above avergare Chuunin by hype.

Quote:
I looked at the post and laughed SO HARD again! I hate you, 1st Hokage.
I AM STRAIGHT FOR VEX<3

I AM ALSO GAY FOR JONESY<3
The 1st Hokage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 06:07 PM   #50
crystalblade13
Veteran Chunin

crystalblade13 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

good list! although i believe A should be above bee.

" I'll take a potato chip, AND EAT IT!!! " - light yagami
.___
(>_<) I'll have the Samehada just you wait!!
/----\ Put this on your siggy if you love Suigetsu.
crystalblade13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 06:27 PM   #51
Slack 40
Special Jonin Candidate

Slack 40 saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!
Send a message via AIM to Slack 40

nice list
*adds rep to NL*
although if this if by hype i think Hiruzen should be at Harishima I know alot of people are gonna think I'm crazy but this is Hype and IIRC Iruka said that Hiruzen was the strongest Hokage the Leaf ever had in his prime and he was called the Professor (because he knew and used every jutsu in konoha) and he was called the God of all shinobi (just like Rikkudo). Remember this is all hype so i do think that Hype would of corse include the fact that he was called the strongest hokage the leaf ever had, knowing all of the jutsu in the leaf, and being called god of all shinobi. Also one quick thing to add was that he was never defeated before he sacrificed himself to stop orochimaru

<^^^^>
< ( ) >
</(/`_`\)\>
v/o\ v /o\v

Swinging a sword at a hot pirate's basically first base
Slack 40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 10:19 PM   #52
Akatsuki X
Special Jonin Candidate

Akatsuki X has completed a tough C-rank mission!Akatsuki X has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalblade13 View Post
good list! although i believe A should be above bee.

Hachibi menacing ball spam.

Jinchurikii Cloak speed advantage.

Perhaps at a short enough distance, in base, A could blitz.

But in most circumstance's KillerBee is superior.

I like videos,
I like making videos,

Me and my friends are funny,
we make funny videos.

See where I'm going?

Akatsuki X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 05:05 AM   #53
NagatoGod_of_Pain
Chunin Exam Proctor

NagatoGod_of_Pain has completed a tough C-rank mission!NagatoGod_of_Pain has completed a tough C-rank mission!NagatoGod_of_Pain has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Quote:
nice list
*adds rep to NL*
although if this if by hype i think Hiruzen should be at Harishima I know alot of people are gonna think I'm crazy but this is Hype and IIRC Iruka said that Hiruzen was the strongest Hokage the Leaf ever had in his prime and he was called the Professor (because he knew and used every jutsu in konoha) and he was called the God of all shinobi (just like Rikkudo). Remember this is all hype so i do think that Hype would of corse include the fact that he was called the strongest hokage the leaf ever had, knowing all of the jutsu in the leaf, and being called god of all shinobi. Also one quick thing to add was that he was never defeated before he sacrificed himself to stop orochimaru
I think this was discussed already. The list states that these characters are at their current or most recent appearance. Hiruzen or Enma said themselves that he's well below his his prime. Those nicknames are pretty impressive though.
Tryin' to fix the whole world in every season
NagatoGod_of_Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 05:59 AM   #54
Kuromaki
Sage of Starbucks Coffee

Perhaps there should be some people listed in their prime too, since Madara was stated to be an old shell of his former self yet he's listed right next to Hashirama. Also, why are there multiple placements for the same characters? I didn't read through the whole thread so I may be missing something here
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 1st Hokage View Post
I agree with Kuro. Chuunins are Chuunins for reason through hype, and she also has Medical skills so she should be an above avergare Chuunin by hype.
Now there's 2 votes

Old 08-17-2010, 06:00 PM   #55
YondaimeUzumaki
Freshmen Academy Student

YondaimeUzumaki is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

in the case of Madara and Tobi, I think it's because they were both introduced as different persona's. Everybody knew about Madara and we all know that Madara was just under the first because the first defeated him. With the introduction of Tobi, he's nowhere near as devastating as he was back in the day. I'm pretty sure that he is a shell of his former self. The best thing he has going for him now is his experience.
YondaimeUzumaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 12:32 PM   #56
321zigzag3
debates with words
Freelancer

321zigzag3 just might be Kage someday.
321zigzag3 just might be Kage someday.321zigzag3 just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

So since NL's list has a lot of good merit. Shall we incorporate this into BG's official Naruto tier list?

Spoiler:

Hoshigaki Familia

Freelancer
321zigzag3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 02:27 PM   #57
Nyruss
Special Jonin Candidate

Nyruss is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Nyruss is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Nyruss is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Nyruss is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

The day I believe Mei Terumi and Tsunade are anywhere near the same level is the day I ride a goat naked to K-mart. And nobody wants that.
Nyruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 02:29 PM   #58
321zigzag3
debates with words
Freelancer

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudemeister View Post
The day I believe Mei Terumi and Tsunade are anywhere near the same level is the day I ride a goat naked to K-mart. And nobody wants that.
Didn't you say the same thing for Yammy?

Not that I care about Yammy.

Spoiler:

Hoshigaki Familia

Freelancer
Old 08-21-2010, 02:30 PM   #59
Nyruss
Special Jonin Candidate

Nyruss is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Nyruss is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Nyruss is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Nyruss is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Yes. I said that to the claim that Yammy is capable of defeating Byakuya.

Tsunade surpasses the Mizukage in her own specialties(striking power and healing), but other than that, Terumi is better than Tsunade in literally every conceivable way.
Nyruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 02:34 PM   #60
321zigzag3
debates with words
Freelancer

Awards Showcase

You should really go to NF Battledome.

They are some Tsunade fans who would go after you for the Tsunade hate.

Spoiler:

Hoshigaki Familia

Freelancer