Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Battlegrounds Versus Debates > Battlegrounds HQ

Battlegrounds HQ The headquarters of the debating area. Introduce yourself here, get to know other Battlegrounds, and discuss the details and events of the BG.

Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2010, 09:36 AM   #1
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Default Debating Contest Signup.

Hello, and welcome to my debating contest. I've had fun, and it seems like others had fun last time. SO. If you have nothing good to say, don't. I decided that I was going to make it again. The new one is open, because the last one has finally ended.. The signup starts from today to September 5.

We're debating Naruto only.

Rule 1:

You have to give at least three reasons why your candidate would win, that way we have no flamers.

Rule 2:

You cannot spam, you will be banned from the contest, and you will get dereps, also, if you do it enough, I WILL get you infracted.

Rule 3:

You have to mention before your reasons who you think will win so we prevent confusion, which would ruin this.

Rule 4:

Have fun debating and don't worry if you lose because everybody will get a reward for participation.

Rewards!

For the top debaters, you will receive 5 rounds of rep.
For second place, you will get 3 rounds of rep.
For third, you get 2 rounds.
All participants get one round.

Judges:

You can apply to be a judge, but you cannot participate, you will keep track of not only how many wins a person gets, but how good their debating is, accuracy, and things like that. CLOSED GROUP. WE ALREADY HAVE OUR 5 JUDGES.

Rep Givers:

You will give rep to winners, please do not enter for this if you have less than 5 rep power.

SYSTEM SETUP

We'll be debating on teams, these teams will be set up by debating skills. This way, we always have even teams and the contest is fair for everybody.

Battles will be made by judges.

Debaters will take turns debating. For example, if I were on SS4 Gogeta's team, he might debate first, and in the next fight, I'd debate.

If your team loses twice in a row, (This means neither person wins.) you lose that bracket and are knocked out of the tournament.

Each rep donor gives one round. We have three donors already, so each donor will give out 1 rep to each participant in the end. Then according, them might give extra. For example, if my team came in first place, our donors would give five reps each. That means Jin, Kuro, and Sage all give out rep 5 TIMES to the first place winner. That is equal to 1 round.

It is going to be a tournament, if you lose a debate, you're out of the competition.

Debaters:

Shikamaru Nara
The 1st Hokage
Yellow Flash
Nighmare Luffy
Phoenix Wright
Miles Edgeworth
Blind Uchiha
Akatsuki X
Kuromaki
Shino Hatake

Rep Givers:

The 1st Hokage
Blind Uchiha
SageoftheSixPaths
Kuromaki
Wooster
Shikamaru Nara

Judges/Judges after Elimination:

Shikamaru Nara
The 1st Hokage
Yellow Flash
SageoftheSixPaths
Kuromaki

To the mods, you may edit if I forget something.

Last edited by Shikamaru Nara; 08-30-2010 at 02:55 PM. Reason: Organizing/Adding Stuff.
Old 08-05-2010, 09:37 AM   #2
The 1st Hokage
Monster Disciple

Location: Bein' naked in your closet. Don't worry, I'm not comin out.
The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Debating Contest Signup.

Debater, rep giver, and judge after elimination.

Quote:
I looked at the post and laughed SO HARD again! I hate you, 1st Hokage.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I AM STRAIGHT FOR VEX<3

I AM ALSO GAY FOR JONESY<3
Old 08-05-2010, 09:38 AM   #3
Space Cowboy Sasori
Space Ghost

Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via MSN to Space Cowboy Sasori

Another one?

I think you should wait, to make these enjoyable and waited for rather than overdone and such.

Quote:
Pat: telling it like it is.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 08-05-2010, 09:40 AM   #4
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

I just made it again, but I'll be sure to wait at least a month for the next one. I just don't want to have to make it again. xD
Old 08-05-2010, 09:42 AM   #5
Phoenix Wright
Attorney at Lawl

Phoenix Wright has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Phoenix Wright has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Phoenix Wright has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Phoenix Wright has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Phoenix Wright has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Phoenix Wright has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Phoenix Wright has a spectacular chakra aura going on.
Send a message via AIM to Phoenix Wright

Yeah what Sasori said.

But I think I'll sit out this one.

if anything I'll apply to be a judge, but I dunno yet.
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">
Old 08-05-2010, 09:43 AM   #6
Yellow Flash
Legend of the Solstice

Yellow Flash has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Yellow Flash has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Yellow Flash has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Yellow Flash has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Yellow Flash has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Yellow Flash has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Yellow Flash has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 1st Hokage View Post
Debater, rep giver, and judge after elimination.
Same as The 1st Hokage, except I won't be a rep giver, as I have low rep powah.
Old 08-05-2010, 09:45 AM   #7
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Awards Showcase

Can somebody sticky this please?
Old 08-05-2010, 09:46 AM   #8
The 1st Hokage
Monster Disciple

Location: Bein' naked in your closet. Don't worry, I'm not comin out.
The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Awards Showcase

I'll think about it. =D

We have to many stickies now.

Quote:
I looked at the post and laughed SO HARD again! I hate you, 1st Hokage.
I AM STRAIGHT FOR VEX<3

I AM ALSO GAY FOR JONESY<3
Old 08-05-2010, 09:51 AM   #9
Kuromaki
Sage of Starbucks Coffee

Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

I think you should wait like a month before doing this again... we're not even done with the current debating contest.

Old 08-05-2010, 09:52 AM   #10
Yellow Flash
Legend of the Solstice

Yellow Flash has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Yellow Flash has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Yellow Flash has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Yellow Flash has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Yellow Flash has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Yellow Flash has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Yellow Flash has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

I stickied this and will be lock and unsticking the ones that aren't necessary.
Old 08-05-2010, 09:58 AM   #11
Shika-fiend
Special Jonin Candidate

Shika-fiend has completed a tough C-rank mission!Shika-fiend has completed a tough C-rank mission!Shika-fiend has completed a tough C-rank mission!

I shall be a rep giver and judge (maybe)
Old 08-05-2010, 10:54 AM   #12
Phoenix Wright
Attorney at Lawl

Phoenix Wright has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Phoenix Wright has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Phoenix Wright has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Phoenix Wright has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Phoenix Wright has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Phoenix Wright has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Phoenix Wright has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

I know you may think I'm pretty retarded but I made a deal with an old friend of mine...

I'll join this new contest under one condition.

Allow me to pair up with the infamous Nightmare Luffy.
Old 08-05-2010, 12:14 PM   #13
Lady Tsunade
Old.

Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuromaki View Post
I think you should wait like a month before doing this again... we're not even done with the current debating contest.
As much as I agree with this, the First one had so many flaws and poor rules. That it seemes like a waste of time to continue with it.
Old 08-05-2010, 01:57 PM   #14
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix Wright View Post
I know you may think I'm pretty retarded but I made a deal with an old friend of mine...

I'll join this new contest under one condition.

Allow me to pair up with the infamous Nightmare Luffy.
If you can get him to join, I don't see why not.
Old 08-05-2010, 02:48 PM   #15
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Awards Showcase

I'd ask that you stop spamming my thread now, buddy, I have better things to do.
Old 08-05-2010, 03:40 PM   #16
Phoenix Wright
Attorney at Lawl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru Nara View Post
If you can get him to join, I don't see why not.
Oh wow really?

Thanks. =D

And if I want:
Miles?

Meh, I dunno, I was just asking about Miles since NL's mostly known as a troll and he'd feel bad if you said no to that D=
Old 08-05-2010, 03:41 PM   #17
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Awards Showcase

Right. xD Get NL and i'll do it. xD
Old 08-05-2010, 04:06 PM   #18
Phoenix Wright
Attorney at Lawl

I can have him sign up right now.

Some scary stuff happened between him and a few others.

Our Miles, our Kisame (Well, he lost his Viz password but he's still on near everyday.), myself, and NL were in a group chat.

NL Lives 45 minutes away from me irl, I found it out that day, and I was scared the crap out of.

It's a long story as to why I need him to be my partner.. But he'd probably like to join if I ask. He might even be signed on AIM at the moment xD
Old 08-05-2010, 04:11 PM   #19
Nightmare Luffy
Chunin Exam Participant

Nightmare Luffy saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

Hey guys I was on AIM and TU messaged me and reminded me about this promise he made... so as long as its okay Im here and want to sign up on TUs team, btw im not his dupe lol, but i am a lot smarter than before.
SSBwdXQgaXQgaW4
gY29kZSBsaWtlIH
RoaXM/IDpQ

Old 08-05-2010, 04:16 PM   #20
Phoenix Wright
Attorney at Lawl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare Luffy View Post
Hey guys I was on AIM and TU messaged me and reminded me about this promise he made... so as long as its okay Im here and want to sign up on TUs team, btw im not his dupe lol, but i am a lot smarter than before.
Lol what the eff that was fast xD

And if you say stuff about being my dupe they're gonna think you are -__-

That'd be awesome though

Someone accuse me, you know how epic it'd be though?

Phoenix, Elite Dupe Buster, a dupe himself?!
Closed Thread