Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Cutting Edge > Debate Forum

Debate Forum Debate interesting non-Naruto topics. All forum rules apply.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2010, 01:52 PM   #981
Err
Special Jonin Candidate
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: I liek cake!
Posts: 6,084
Rep Power: 13
Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: God doesn't exists...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatonicZombie View Post
Honestly, I instantley fell in love with Sasu when I read this post, haha! You should not have apologized, because you did not read it wrong. The man claimed that it's FACT proven by SCIENCE that HUMANS are the most complex begins overall. WOW!! You don't say. Of course science proves humanity is more complex, science is the most biased practice of humanity next to religion.

Does God exist or doesn't it? Such things will never be known. And if it is, it'd defeat the purpose of faith. Faith is not a ridiculous archaic practice, we practice it everytime we leave our homes. We have faith in others not to attack us. So why can others not have faith in a maker, a god? One of many problems is that many religions (not all) but many kill God. Hegel, and Nietzsche we correct when they claimed that God is dead. God is dead, and see that there's still more problems, because faith is being replaced by science and no one cares much. Mysticism has gone the way of emotions; they're being found unreasonable, thus, useless. And if that's how people are beginning to see things then you can keep your boring world, because I want nothing to do with it.

Note: I am not a person of Faith. I'm a person of imagination; that's all I have left. I envy those who do have faith, and I marvel at them because so much in the world is trying to condition that out of them. Everyone deserves to have their beliefs and not have them get attacked for not being logical or reasonable. As soon as you do, you will miss the beauty of connecting with another even though you do have different beliefs.
On your note. People that are not logical or not reasonable do deserve to get attacked for it. There is no reason why they shouldn't be attacked for it. If I told you that I think you are going to hell for not being in my club, would you think that I'm being reasonable considering how many other clubs say that?
__________________
Quote:
To further the point, we are a social species because we are interdependent. You could count on your hand how many people in a millennium can get by with absolutely no help from anyone else ever. Yet we never work together. That's why ants will eventually bring us down.
Err is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 02:18 PM   #982
PlatonicZombie
Chunin Exam Participant
 
PlatonicZombie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: The dark awkward spaces of the social mind.
Posts: 666
Rep Power: 10
PlatonicZombie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.PlatonicZombie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.PlatonicZombie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.PlatonicZombie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.PlatonicZombie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.PlatonicZombie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Default Re: God doesn't exists...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Err View Post
On your note. People that are not logical or not reasonable do deserve to get attacked for it. There is no reason why they shouldn't be attacked for it. If I told you that I think you are going to hell for not being in my club, would you think that I'm being reasonable considering how many other clubs say that?

I was trying to suggest that there's no difference between logical and illogical because both and under the whim of the emotions. You do not wish to argue for logic unless you enjoy being that way. People that are not logical are just as bad as people that are logical; it's just right now, unlogical has a negative connoation to it. Eventually that will change.
__________________
PlatonicZombie - Supporting Drunk Posting Since 1983.
PlatonicZombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 04:13 PM   #983
ItachiAnbu
Special Jonin Candidate
 
ItachiAnbu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Imagine
Posts: 3,122
Rep Power: 10
ItachiAnbu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.ItachiAnbu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.ItachiAnbu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.ItachiAnbu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Default Re: God doesn't exists...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatonicZombie View Post
People that are not logical are just as bad as people that are logical; it's just right now, unlogical has a negative connoation to it.
If by that you mean that how logical someone is doesn't necessarily have bearing on how "bad" a person is, then yes, you are correct.

But, "bad" is an opinion, so you could also be wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatonicZombie View Post
Eventually that will change.
The connotation is subject to change, but that does not necessarily mean it WILL change.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ItachiAnbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 04:27 PM   #984
PlatonicZombie
Chunin Exam Participant
 
PlatonicZombie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: The dark awkward spaces of the social mind.
Posts: 666
Rep Power: 10
PlatonicZombie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.PlatonicZombie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.PlatonicZombie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.PlatonicZombie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.PlatonicZombie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.PlatonicZombie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Default Re: God doesn't exists...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItachiAnbu View Post
If by that you mean that how logical someone is doesn't necessarily have bearing on how "bad" a person is, then yes, you are correct.

But, "bad" is an opinion, so you could also be wrong.



The connotation is subject to change, but that does not necessarily mean it WILL change.
Now that is not how I was using the word bad. I was suggesting that those who argue for logic, are doing so because they believe that logic is rational. But it is not. Logic and reason are not rational. They are under the whims of emotion just as much as an irrational, or illogical person is. THAT is how I was using the word bad. Logical people are just as bad as illogical people; meaning that logical and illogical are merely mirrors of each other; they are equal.

Secondly, yes connotation is subject to change, and it WILL change because we as human beings enjoy the illusion of change. Logic was originally the word with a negative connotation to it; then it changed, and it will change again.
__________________
PlatonicZombie - Supporting Drunk Posting Since 1983.
PlatonicZombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 07:57 PM   #985
ItachiAnbu
Special Jonin Candidate
 
ItachiAnbu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Imagine
Posts: 3,122
Rep Power: 10
ItachiAnbu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.ItachiAnbu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.ItachiAnbu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.ItachiAnbu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Default Re: God doesn't exists...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatonicZombie View Post
Now that is not how I was using the word bad. I was suggesting that those who argue for logic, are doing so because they believe that logic is rational. But it is not. Logic and reason are not rational. They are under the whims of emotion just as much as an irrational, or illogical person is. THAT is how I was using the word bad. Logical people are just as bad as illogical people; meaning that logical and illogical are merely mirrors of each other; they are equal.
A logical person is subject to emotion, but logic itself is not subject to emotion.

Logic is a concept, and there is no such thing as "illogic". A person either has (for lack of a better word) logic, or does not.

Log ic and reason cannot be "under the whims of emotion", because only animate obects can have emotion, and both logic and reason are inanimate.

How logical a person is is affected by their emotions, but if the logic itself is (as one would think it would be) logical, then it is not affected by emotions.

The words "logical" and "illogical" are opposites, and thusly cannot be "mirrors of each other" as you say they are. If they were "mirrors" of each other, they would be the same, or very similar. Their meanings are seperate.

Yes, they are equal. Logic and the absence of logic are opposites, and equals at the same time.

Finally, a logical person is a rational person. Logic cannot be rational, because the word "rational" is applied to animate objects, such as people. The same goes for the word "logical". They are synonyms.

http://www.answers.com/topic/logical-conjunction
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ItachiAnbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 08:44 PM   #986
PlatonicZombie
Chunin Exam Participant
 
PlatonicZombie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: The dark awkward spaces of the social mind.
Posts: 666
Rep Power: 10
PlatonicZombie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.PlatonicZombie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.PlatonicZombie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.PlatonicZombie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.PlatonicZombie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.PlatonicZombie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Default Re: God doesn't exists...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItachiAnbu View Post
A logical person is subject to emotion, but logic itself is not subject to emotion.

Logic is a concept, and there is no such thing as "illogic". A person either has (for lack of a better word) logic, or does not.

Log ic and reason cannot be "under the whims of emotion", because only animate obects can have emotion, and both logic and reason are inanimate.

How logical a person is is affected by their emotions, but if the logic itself is (as one would think it would be) logical, then it is not affected by emotions.

The words "logical" and "illogical" are opposites, and thusly cannot be "mirrors of each other" as you say they are. If they were "mirrors" of each other, they would be the same, or very similar. Their meanings are seperate.

Yes, they are equal. Logic and the absence of logic are opposites, and equals at the same time.

Finally, a logical person is a rational person. Logic cannot be rational, because the word "rational" is applied to animate objects, such as people. The same goes for the word "logical". They are synonyms.

http://www.answers.com/topic/logical-conjunction

First.... come on. It's a term to explain those who do not act logically; thus, they do not have logic in that moment. Instead of saying "they do not have logic", I prefer "they're illogical" in the place of that whole damn phrase.
illogical - lacking in correct logical relation; in an illogical manner; "she acted illogically under the pressure"
wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

Secondly, look up Hegel's dialectical idealism. Then you'll understand what I mean when I say they mirror each other; think of Sasuke and Naruto. They mirror each other though they are seperate individual begins. If you wish for me to come up with a better phase than "mirror each other" I can, I just like the imagery of the phrase.

Lastly, Logic is not some objective thing out in the world seperate from us. Logic and reason, as we are discussing them in this thread, are conceptual tools for human beings (you said that yourself). If humanity never existed logic and reason would never have existed.

So, what pushes a person to logic? They do it because they wish to attain it. It's a desire for it. Then you wish to use it. Logic is then seen as nothing more than a Fascist tool; it's a tool that must be learned. Something that is honed through continual education. (If you doubt this, then align yourself with the logical fallicies). But it's a tool to be used however you wish to use it. When you wrote your response you were not a robot merely typing up a response. You were a human being who was impacted by the words; thus, your whole response is caught-up in your emotional state. Think about how happy you are when you disprove anothers argument, or how disappointed you feel when you are proven wrong. How proud of yourself you are when you use logic to break down a complex problem in a book. Logic is without a doubt under the whims of emotion, because you never use it unless you WANT to. As I said and you said earlier, it is nothing more than a mere human concept, and since a human is an emotional being then logic is under the whims of emotions. By the way....This is not to be considered bad. It's merely to show that logic is nothing special.

"Reason is, and ought only to be slave to the passions." - David Hume
__________________
PlatonicZombie - Supporting Drunk Posting Since 1983.

Last edited by PlatonicZombie; 07-21-2010 at 08:51 PM.
PlatonicZombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 12:33 AM   #987
Bacon
Moderator
Moderator
 
Bacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Walkin' through the candy-lane with Tifa.~ -.-
Posts: 36,030
Rep Power: 45
Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: God doesn't exists...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatonicZombie View Post
Honestly, I instantley fell in love with Sasu when I read this post, haha! You should not have apologized, because you did not read it wrong. The man claimed that it's FACT proven by SCIENCE that HUMANS are the most complex begins overall. WOW!! You don't say. Of course science proves humanity is more complex, science is the most biased practice of humanity next to religion.

Does God exist or doesn't it? Such things will never be known. And if it is, it'd defeat the purpose of faith. Faith is not a ridiculous archaic practice, we practice it everytime we leave our homes. We have faith in others not to attack us. So why can others not have faith in a maker, a god? One of many problems is that many religions (not all) but many kill God. Hegel, and Nietzsche we correct when they claimed that God is dead. God is dead, and see that there's still more problems, because faith is being replaced by science and no one cares much. Mysticism has gone the way of emotions; they're being found unreasonable, thus, useless. And if that's how people are beginning to see things then you can keep your boring world, because I want nothing to do with it.

Note: I am not a person of Faith. I'm a person of imagination; that's all I have left. I envy those who do have faith, and I marvel at them because so much in the world is trying to condition that out of them. Everyone deserves to have their beliefs and not have them get attacked for not being logical or reasonable. As soon as you do, you will miss the beauty of connecting with another even though you do have different beliefs.
While religion has taken a back seat with many people in my generation, there are still a billion catholics. So don't go saying that people of faith are dying out. I won't agree that they aren't practicing an archaic way of thinking becuase the values expressed in the bibles reflect the time that they were written. Furthermore, I have never read about atheists persecuting people of faith. In fact, history accounts the people of faith are the ones who harm others for having different beliefs. As for verbal attacks, the worst I have seen is a little insult on a forum becuase that person doesn't have the balls to say it in real life.

Although, I do agree with you on missing my faith. Life was blissful back then.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
12:11 PM So you enter the debate with full knowledge that you know nothing of worth on the subject, and then state you will not make an effort to learn. Way to be poster-boy for blight of the forum. Leave discussions of intelligence to those that have it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Click the dratini for anime rants

Last edited by Bacon; 07-22-2010 at 12:36 AM.
Bacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 10:41 AM   #988
ItachiAnbu
Special Jonin Candidate
 
ItachiAnbu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Imagine
Posts: 3,122
Rep Power: 10
ItachiAnbu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.ItachiAnbu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.ItachiAnbu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.ItachiAnbu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Default Re: God doesn't exists...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatonicZombie View Post
First.... come on. It's a term to explain those who do not act logically; thus, they do not have logic in that moment. Instead of saying "they do not have logic", I prefer "they're illogical" in the place of that whole damn phrase.
illogical - lacking in correct logical relation; in an illogical manner; "she acted illogically under the pressure"
wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn
Right, which is exactly what I was attempting to say to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatonicZombie View Post
Secondly, look up Hegel's dialectical idealism. Then you'll understand what I mean when I say they mirror each other; think of Sasuke and Naruto. They mirror each other though they are seperate individual begins. If you wish for me to come up with a better phase than "mirror each other" I can, I just like the imagery of the phrase.
Ok; point taken. The only reason I argued with you on that was because I wanted a clarification of what you were saying. Now that I have said clarification, I don't see anything I might take issue with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatonicZombie View Post
Lastly, Logic is not some objective thing out in the world seperate from us. Logic and reason, as we are discussing them in this thread, are conceptual tools for human beings (you said that yourself). If humanity never existed logic and reason would never have existed.
Alright, this is also true to a point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatonicZombie View Post
So, what pushes a person to logic? They do it because they wish to attain it. It's a desire for it. Then you wish to use it. Logic is then seen as nothing more than a Fascist tool; it's a tool that must be learned. Something that is honed through continual education. (If you doubt this, then align yourself with the logical fallicies). But it's a tool to be used however you wish to use it. When you wrote your response you were not a robot merely typing up a response. You were a human being who was impacted by the words; thus, your whole response is caught-up in your emotional state. Think about how happy you are when you disprove anothers argument, or how disappointed you feel when you are proven wrong. How proud of yourself you are when you use logic to break down a complex problem in a book. Logic is without a doubt under the whims of emotion, because you never use it unless you WANT to. As I said and you said earlier, it is nothing more than a mere human concept, and since a human is an emotional being then logic is under the whims of emotions. By the way....This is not to be considered bad. It's merely to show that logic is nothing special.
Nothing "pushes" a person to logic. Logic is not something to be attained. A logical mindset can be attained, but logic itself connot, because, as you said, logic is conceptual.

That said, your usage of the word "logic" is (for the most part) incorrect.

If you replace the word "logic" as it appears in the above statement with the phrase "a logical mindset", then it will be much more accurate. Grammatical changes may be necessary. Here is the edited version of the statement:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatonicZombie (as edited by ItachiAnbu) View Post
So, what pushes a person to a logical mindset? They do it because they wish to attain it. It's a desire for it. Then you wish to use it. A logical mindset is then seen as nothing more than a Fascist tool; it's a tool that must be learned. Something that is honed through continual education. (If you doubt this, then align yourself with the logical fallicies). But it's a tool to be used however you wish to use it. When you wrote your response you were not a robot merely typing up a response. You were a human being who was impacted by the words; thus, your whole response is caught-up in your emotional state. Think about how happy you are when you disprove anothers argument, or how disappointed you feel when you are proven wrong. How proud of yourself you are when you use logic to break down a complex problem in a book. A logical mindset is without a doubt under the whims of emotion, because you never use it unless you WANT to. As I said and you said earlier, it is nothing more than a mere human concept, and since a human is an emotional being then that same logical mindset is under the whims of emotions. By the way....This is not to be considered bad. It's merely to show that a logical mindset is nothing special.
There is one unchanged usage of "logic", which is bolded above. it was used correctly, and thus requires no change.

And, in case you were wondering, when I use the phrase "used correctly", I use it to indicate that a word or phrase was used to its maximum communicative potential, or in other words, the most easily comprehended and most contextually accurate usage.

In case you were wondering, the only real issue I took with any of your arguments was the lack of clarity. You used the word "logic" where the phrase "a logical mindset" would have been more accurate. Thus the nature of my argument, and why putting arguments to me regarding the actual substance of your post would be inconclusive.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ItachiAnbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 05:38 AM   #989
Toph
Chunin
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: ...
Posts: 989
Rep Power: 0
Toph is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: God doesn't exists...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItachiAnbu View Post
1. "Should" has nothing to do with it. "Should" I have a banana in my hand right now? "Should" is your opinion, and therefore not factually accurate.

2. Perfection =/= stagnation

^That was my point.

Also, perfection as we know it cannot be more perfect.

3. What kind of God loves but does not hate? You either have emotions, or you have no emotions. Humans have emotions. If God exists, and we were made in his image, and he can love, then clearly he must be able to hate (or at least have a mild dislike for something).

"God judgeth the righteous, and God is angry with the wicked every day." (Psalm 7:11, KJV)

So then, if this is true, God must also be capable of anger. And if anger, why not also dislike, or hatred?

But, to answer your questions; "What kind of loving God wouldn't want to help us?"

A God that doesn't exist, of course.
It's what we BELIEVE. We're not afraid of the apocalypse because we know that better things are to come. Since Bacon and a lot of you don't know that then I said you should so you wouldn't think that God is just there waiting to destroy the world. He has His reasons...

You said "If perfection IS stagnation..." assuming that perfection = stagnation. Now I'm confused. I guess I just really didn't understand your post. I apologize.

God does have emotions and yes, He gets angry. For example, He hates the idea of sin but does not hate the person. If someone is loving does that mean that person is not capable of anger? That was not my point.

God gets angry, He disciplines, etc. Does that mean He's not loving? Our parents for example, they discipline us when we do something wrong so we won't do it again.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
on top of this, he killed indiscrimantely when he could have just killed the wicked people in the world. If god could accomplish a feat such as creating our complicated bodies in an instant. Surely he could pick and choose his targets by smiting each evil person individually.
That's probably because all of us ARE wicked. We do a lot of bad things. All of us are sinners. If He could pick and choose His targets by smiting each evil person individually then all of us would be gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiseki View Post
If he is real, then where is he?
I would only believe in something/somebody if it can be touched or seen.
A lot of members from the first few posts have said that and the responses were hilarious. Let me get this straight, you can't see me and you can't touch me, therefore I don't exist? Another thing, air for example. You can't see it nor touch it, so pretty much all the gasses don't exist to you?

Last edited by Toph; 07-25-2010 at 05:53 AM.
Toph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 06:30 AM   #990
Miss Bella Rose
Chunin Exam Proctor
 
Miss Bella Rose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Why so.... curious???
Posts: 1,610
Rep Power: 10
Miss Bella Rose has completed a tough C-rank mission!Miss Bella Rose has completed a tough C-rank mission!
Default Re: God doesn't exists...

So many words yet .. none of you tried to understand eachothers points of view which is sad...
There are religious people and non-religious - is this so hard to understand ?? There will never be an absolute answer to this... God only exists IF YOU as spiritual individual believe.
I cannot believe that out of so many ''words of wisdom'' people still look stupid trying to come up with arguments that only PREASTS AND THEOLOGIANS know of.
Religion vs Science is way harder to debate and none of you are capable of doing it so.
I want a theologian and a scientist to answer this unless some of you are priests or scientists than i'd gladly listen. Untill then...it's all in vain
__________________
''A true friend is the greatest of all blessings, and that which we take the least care of all to acquire.''


It@chi The Prince of Sharingan







Last edited by Miss Bella Rose; 07-25-2010 at 06:34 AM.
Miss Bella Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 06:42 AM   #991
SimpleGenin
Special Jonin Candidate
 
SimpleGenin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Back to Reality
Posts: 3,900
Rep Power: 8
SimpleGenin saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!
Default Re: God doesn't exists...

i know he exist. i've seen prof, felt prof, seen its magic.
SimpleGenin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 07:58 AM   #992
XxblackxX
Special Jonin Candidate
 
XxblackxX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Our grand Troy
Posts: 8,928
Rep Power: 11
XxblackxX has completed a tough C-rank mission!XxblackxX has completed a tough C-rank mission!XxblackxX has completed a tough C-rank mission!
Send a message via Yahoo to XxblackxX
Default Re: God doesn't exists...

Well, it depends on who your asking. To some people, god has never existed, and to others he does. I mean, it's up to them to decide wether he does or not. I for one think he does, along with Satan and every greek god and goddess.
__________________
Do not make me use my words, dear friend.



I will not hesitate.
XxblackxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 02:46 PM   #993
Err
Special Jonin Candidate
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: I liek cake!
Posts: 6,084
Rep Power: 13
Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: God doesn't exists...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Bella Rose View Post
So many words yet .. none of you tried to understand eachothers points of view which is sad...
There are religious people and non-religious - is this so hard to understand ?? There will never be an absolute answer to this... God only exists IF YOU as spiritual individual believe.
I cannot believe that out of so many ''words of wisdom'' people still look stupid trying to come up with arguments that only PREASTS AND THEOLOGIANS know of.
Religion vs Science is way harder to debate and none of you are capable of doing it so.
I want a theologian and a scientist to answer this unless some of you are priests or scientists than i'd gladly listen. Untill then...it's all in vain
This is the point of a debate. Argue until the other side can't refute your argument. We don't have to be scientists or priests to exchange and challenge other people's points of view on God's existance. Just like you don't have to be a mathematician to say that 4 + 4 equals 8 and not 9.
__________________
Quote:
To further the point, we are a social species because we are interdependent. You could count on your hand how many people in a millennium can get by with absolutely no help from anyone else ever. Yet we never work together. That's why ants will eventually bring us down.
Err is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 04:48 PM   #994
ItachiAnbu
Special Jonin Candidate
 
ItachiAnbu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Imagine
Posts: 3,122
Rep Power: 10
ItachiAnbu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.ItachiAnbu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.ItachiAnbu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.ItachiAnbu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Default Re: God doesn't exists...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toph View Post
It's what we BELIEVE. We're not afraid of the apocalypse because we know that better things are to come. Since Bacon and a lot of you don't know that then I said you should so you wouldn't think that God is just there waiting to destroy the world. He has His reasons...

You said "If perfection IS stagnation..." assuming that perfection = stagnation. Now I'm confused. I guess I just really didn't understand your post. I apologize.

God does have emotions and yes, He gets angry. For example, He hates the idea of sin but does not hate the person. If someone is loving does that mean that person is not capable of anger? That was not my point.

God gets angry, He disciplines, etc. Does that mean He's not loving? Our parents for example, they discipline us when we do something wrong so we won't do it again.
1. What I "know" is that you believe there will not only be an apocalypse, but also that there will be a perfect afterlife. I went to Sunday school for years, and was even confirmed as a Christian. I do know whereof I speak.

2. One of my points in that post you responded to was that perfection isn't stagnation. I said "If perfection is stagnation (which it is not, because not only does the concept of perfection vary from individual to individual, but it also is ever-changing) then heaven is a swamp." Since a swamp is not my idea of perfection, then heaven must not be a swamp to me. It wasn't relevant, necessarily, just a bit of philosiphy.

3. True, that was not your point. It just seeemed like an interesting topic, so I thought I'd do some speculation on it.

4. Of course, just because he gets angry does not mean he is not loving. My point there was that he either does both or neither.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ItachiAnbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 09:28 PM   #995
SuperChoji
Chunin
 
SuperChoji's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: behind you... i dissapear everytime you look
Posts: 957
Rep Power: 0
SuperChoji is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: God doesn't exists...

ok.. i think its time for me to end this...


theres a god.. there isn't a god.. theres a god.. there isn't a god..

they are BOTH EQUAL ARGUEMENTS because NOBODY REALLY KNOWS FOR SURE!
yes, science has discovered, uncovered, proven and disprooven a hell of a lot of things that religion would have been very ignorant to, or could not accomplish at all or in general. but religion of all types (although sadly christian and catholic seems to be the most popular) has raised families and brought up decent communities and societies.. this has been both good and bad.. and in between.

this is why i believe kids should be taught both sides of both scientific views and religious views instead of being forced into just one category.. but that's not relevant to the thread..

all im saying is, personally i dont believe in god (the christan god atleast), however i do believe that something is out there.. but when i am going through a deep emotional conflict i prey, hoping that something out there is listening. i sort of understand the views of religion because it brings a sence of safety and security.

but through science and curiosity of the unknown and the willing to explore that, we have advanced in ways that if we kept religion as a means to explain everything, we would still be in the somewhat stone age..

so just be glad we got both in our lives.. yeah science prooves almost everything and religion is basically based on a book for all that we know, was just the world's first novel blown into epic proportions.. (thats just my personal opinion.. no need to fight me over that.. ) but without them.. we wouldn't be having these discussions..


iv typed so much i forgot where i was going with this lol
__________________

"MaMa always told me life's like a box of
Chocolates."
FOREST GUMP FTW
if i had eyes like ITACHI... i just dont know
proud member and sponcer of NOTHING
danzo is NNNNOT an Uchia
Quote:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
is a Narutard!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
i beg to differ sweetheart BELIEVE IT
Quote:
I hope your manhood shrivels up and dies from a vicious, itchy STD.
Now that's just plain MEAN
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


SuperChoji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 10:54 PM   #996
Toph
Chunin
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: ...
Posts: 989
Rep Power: 0
Toph is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: God doesn't exists...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Bella Rose View Post
So many words yet .. none of you tried to understand eachothers points of view which is sad...
There are religious people and non-religious - is this so hard to understand ?? There will never be an absolute answer to this... God only exists IF YOU as spiritual individual believe.
I cannot believe that out of so many ''words of wisdom'' people still look stupid trying to come up with arguments that only PREASTS AND THEOLOGIANS know of.
Religion vs Science is way harder to debate and none of you are capable of doing it so.
I want a theologian and a scientist to answer this unless some of you are priests or scientists than i'd gladly listen. Untill then...it's all in vain
So only priests and theologians can have fun debating about this topic? As Err said, you don't have to be a mathematician to ya ta ya ta ya ta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItachiAnbu View Post
1. What I "know" is that you believe there will not only be an apocalypse, but also that there will be a perfect afterlife. I went to Sunday school for years, and was even confirmed as a Christian. I do know whereof I speak.

2. One of my points in that post you responded to was that perfection isn't stagnation. I said "If perfection is stagnation (which it is not, because not only does the concept of perfection vary from individual to individual, but it also is ever-changing) then heaven is a swamp." Since a swamp is not my idea of perfection, then heaven must not be a swamp to me. It wasn't relevant, necessarily, just a bit of philosiphy.

3. True, that was not your point. It just seeemed like an interesting topic, so I thought I'd do some speculation on it.

4. Of course, just because he gets angry does not mean he is not loving. My point there was that he either does both or neither.
Exactly. Is there anything wrong with that?

Now I understand. Thanks for clearing that up. Then perfection is not stagnation because heaven is not a swamp. Then again, a swamp is not YOUR idea of perfection, it COULD be to others (just maybe). But heaven is not only for you, for me, or anybody else on this forum. It's for everybody.

Yes, He does both. He has lots of emotions actually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperChoji View Post
ok.. i think its time for me to end this...


theres a god.. there isn't a god.. theres a god.. there isn't a god..

they are BOTH EQUAL ARGUEMENTS because NOBODY REALLY KNOWS FOR SURE!
yes, science has discovered, uncovered, proven and disprooven a hell of a lot of things that religion would have been very ignorant to, or could not accomplish at all or in general. but religion of all types (although sadly christian and catholic seems to be the most popular) has raised families and brought up decent communities and societies.. this has been both good and bad.. and in between.

this is why i believe kids should be taught both sides of both scientific views and religious views instead of being forced into just one category.. but that's not relevant to the thread..

all im saying is, personally i dont believe in god (the christan god atleast), however i do believe that something is out there.. but when i am going through a deep emotional conflict i prey, hoping that something out there is listening. i sort of understand the views of religion because it brings a sence of safety and security.

but through science and curiosity of the unknown and the willing to explore that, we have advanced in ways that if we kept religion as a means to explain everything, we would still be in the somewhat stone age..

so just be glad we got both in our lives.. yeah science prooves almost everything and religion is basically based on a book for all that we know, was just the world's first novel blown into epic proportions.. (thats just my personal opinion.. no need to fight me over that.. ) but without them.. we wouldn't be having these discussions..


iv typed so much i forgot where i was going with this lol
Why'd you post this again? We know that no one knows for sure but debating about it COULD help us find out and well... it's fun.

I remember some of you saying that we who believe in God are close minded when in fact atheists could be too. We accept both ideas of science and God(well some do) but atheists can't? (except for agnostics)
Toph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 12:50 AM   #997
gama-sennin
Special Jonin Candidate
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,941
Rep Power: 10
gama-sennin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.gama-sennin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.gama-sennin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.gama-sennin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.gama-sennin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.gama-sennin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Default Re: God doesn't exists...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Bella Rose View Post
So many words yet .. none of you tried to understand eachothers points of view which is sad...
There are religious people and non-religious - is this so hard to understand ?? There will never be an absolute answer to this... God only exists IF YOU as spiritual individual believe.
I cannot believe that out of so many ''words of wisdom'' people still look stupid trying to come up with arguments that only PREASTS AND THEOLOGIANS know of.
Religion vs Science is way harder to debate and none of you are capable of doing it so.
I want a theologian and a scientist to answer this unless some of you are priests or scientists than i'd gladly listen. Untill then...it's all in vain

Like the great Maximilian Kohler said " you dont need have cancer to analyze its symptoms" you dont need to be a priest to debate about God's existence. Actually if you are priest you will never accept any argument that doubts God's existance and same goes for hardliners form other camp. It is the people like us who will gain/lose nothing, that are more suitable for this kind of debate.

About God:

God is simply something that you believe in. For me God represents every thing, that makes me feel like its worth to be here. I am from a family that is totally devoted to God and so I think it has rubbed of on me as well. But being a practical guy I tend to take a different approach towards him. The debate of Genesis is too big for me or anyone for that matter to discard or validate. I am simply grateful for being here and my parents represent the first form of God for me. The nature with its unending beauty and the sea that makes me feel insignificant are also different forms of God. I dont really care about what all the "Gurus" and priests say about God and hell/heaven. I believe in God as a loving father who will never willingly or not, make his children suffer just because they didnt go to church/Temple/Mosque every day. The decisions one makes are the most important factors for deciding the course of ones life and its not really wise to blame God if someone suffers because of some mistake.
__________________
Awesome friends: Vampirecat, TRS, InoSenpai, Maikel Death, lolohwd, Kiseki, Ishtar, Naruto 117


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Quote of the day...

Quote:
If life is going to exist in a Universe of this size, then the one thing it cannot afford to have is a sense of proportion
gama-sennin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 07:54 AM   #998
ItachiAnbu
Special Jonin Candidate
 
ItachiAnbu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Imagine
Posts: 3,122
Rep Power: 10
ItachiAnbu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.ItachiAnbu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.ItachiAnbu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.ItachiAnbu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Default Re: God doesn't exists...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toph View Post
Exactly. Is there anything wrong with that?

Now I understand. Thanks for clearing that up. Then perfection is not stagnation because heaven is not a swamp. Then again, a swamp is not YOUR idea of perfection, it COULD be to others (just maybe). But heaven is not only for you, for me, or anybody else on this forum. It's for everybody.

Yes, He does both. He has lots of emotions actually.
Wrong with what, exactly?

Well, that was hypothetical, after all. I don't believe in heaven.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ItachiAnbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 05:36 AM   #999
Rasengan-
Chunin Exam Participant
 
Rasengan-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 735
Rep Power: 9
Rasengan- is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: God doesn't exists...

God exist.

I am god.
Rasengan- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 06:09 AM   #1000
SimpleGenin
Special Jonin Candidate
 
SimpleGenin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Back to Reality
Posts: 3,900
Rep Power: 8
SimpleGenin saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!
Default Re: God doesn't exists...

in this world its either something exist or not. saying it depends on the person wouldnt make sense at all.. its a simple question weither you believe something or not. There are people that are passed believing and actually knowing. They KNOW god exist.
SimpleGenin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.