Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Cutting Edge > Debate Forum

Debate Forum Debate interesting non-Naruto topics. All forum rules apply.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2010, 11:27 PM   #41
Rasengan-
Chunin Exam Participant
 
Rasengan-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 735
Rep Power: 9
Rasengan- is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: My take on the existance of God; God = Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi Hatake_Daphne Lu View Post
religion and science are like opposite concepts.....but i do believe there is a god...there are different gods that different people believe....
but i kinda dont think that god created this universe, although there are some unnatural phenomena...like miracles and such....such a difficult subject
Luck is one aswell. What is really luck lol
Rasengan- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 11:01 AM   #42
Err
Special Jonin Candidate
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: I liek cake!
Posts: 6,084
Rep Power: 13
Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: My take on the existance of God; God = Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasengan- View Post
"Time itself is just a unit of measure, created by people. Time would not exist if we did not discover the need to measure factors of life itself.".
I don't have any other way of putting this, but you ARE saying that time itself was created by people and you therefore are implying that time is not part of the universe. Time would still exist even if humans never discovered it because it's part of the universe, just like gravity is.
__________________
Quote:
To further the point, we are a social species because we are interdependent. You could count on your hand how many people in a millennium can get by with absolutely no help from anyone else ever. Yet we never work together. That's why ants will eventually bring us down.
Err is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 10:34 PM   #43
Rasengan-
Chunin Exam Participant
 
Rasengan-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 735
Rep Power: 9
Rasengan- is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: My take on the existance of God; God = Universe

gravity appeared before are a natural factor. We were born into the world with gravity in place.

Time was created not natural like gravity. We don't need to discover gravity to know that I can't float around. We needed to discover time in order to measure the universe.

Time was then integrated to the universe which became part of the universe as a totality. Thus, stop telling me what i'm implying..I've told you many times this is what i mean. Still part of the universe.

Time will not exist if we never discovered it. The universe will continue "over time" not correlation with time that we have created.

Last edited by Rasengan-; 07-14-2010 at 10:38 PM.
Rasengan- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 12:55 AM   #44
Bacon
Moderator
Moderator
 
Bacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Walkin' through the candy-lane with Tifa.~ -.-
Posts: 35,983
Rep Power: 45
Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: My take on the existance of God; God = Universe

The sad thing is, time is just a concept created by people; just like god.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
12:11 PM So you enter the debate with full knowledge that you know nothing of worth on the subject, and then state you will not make an effort to learn. Way to be poster-boy for blight of the forum. Leave discussions of intelligence to those that have it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Click the dratini for anime rants
Bacon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 01:14 AM   #45
Rasengan-
Chunin Exam Participant
 
Rasengan-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 735
Rep Power: 9
Rasengan- is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: My take on the existance of God; God = Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
The sad thing is, time is just a concept created by people; just like god.
agreed.
Rasengan- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 06:56 AM   #46
ItachiAnbu
Special Jonin Candidate
 
ItachiAnbu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Imagine
Posts: 3,122
Rep Power: 10
ItachiAnbu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.ItachiAnbu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.ItachiAnbu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.ItachiAnbu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Default Re: My take on the existance of God; God = Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Err View Post
I don't have any other way of putting this, but you ARE saying that time itself was created by people and you therefore are implying that time is not part of the universe. Time would still exist even if humans never discovered it because it's part of the universe, just like gravity is.
"Time is the measurement of motion." -Aristotle

We did not create time per-se, but we did create a way to measure time. Or, put differently, we created the UNITS of measurement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasengan- View Post
gravity appeared before are a natural factor. We were born into the world with gravity in place.

Time was created not natural like gravity. We don't need to discover gravity to know that I can't float around. We needed to discover time in order to measure the universe.

Time was then integrated to the universe which became part of the universe as a totality. Thus, stop telling me what i'm implying..I've told you many times this is what i mean. Still part of the universe.

Time will not exist if we never discovered it. The universe will continue "over time" not correlation with time that we have created.
Time is a natural factor, just like gravity. Ask any scientist. You don't need to "discover" time to know that the sun rises and sets at about the same "time" (for lack of a better word) every day.

Time would still exist if we never "discovered" it. We just wouldn't measure it in hours, days, weeks, and so on, and so forth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
The sad thing is, time is just a concept created by people; just like god.
Like I said, we didn't create time, we just created the units of measurement for time.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by ItachiAnbu; 07-15-2010 at 07:04 AM.
ItachiAnbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 06:58 AM   #47
Err
Special Jonin Candidate
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: I liek cake!
Posts: 6,084
Rep Power: 13
Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: My take on the existance of God; God = Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasengan- View Post
gravity appeared before are a natural factor. We were born into the world with gravity in place.

Time was created not natural like gravity. We don't need to discover gravity to know that I can't float around. We needed to discover time in order to measure the universe.

Time was then integrated to the universe which became part of the universe as a totality. Thus, stop telling me what i'm implying..I've told you many times this is what i mean. Still part of the universe.

Time will not exist if we never discovered it. The universe will continue "over time" not correlation with time that we have created.
I'm saying you're wrong and I offered a link to prove it. You can believe what you want to believe but you are still wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItachiAnbu View Post
"Time is the measurement of motion." -Aristotle

We did not create time per-se, but we did create a way to measure time. Or, put differently, we created the UNITS of measurement.
This, I agree with.
__________________
Quote:
To further the point, we are a social species because we are interdependent. You could count on your hand how many people in a millennium can get by with absolutely no help from anyone else ever. Yet we never work together. That's why ants will eventually bring us down.
Err is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 08:43 AM   #48
Rasengan-
Chunin Exam Participant
 
Rasengan-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 735
Rep Power: 9
Rasengan- is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: My take on the existance of God; God = Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItachiAnbu View Post
"Time is the measurement of motion." -Aristotle

We did not create time per-se, but we did create a way to measure time. Or, put differently, we created the UNITS of measurement.



Time is a natural factor, just like gravity. Ask any scientist. You don't need to "discover" time to know that the sun rises and sets at about the same "time" (for lack of a better word) every day.

Time would still exist if we never "discovered" it. We just wouldn't measure it in hours, days, weeks, and so on, and so forth.

Like I said, we didn't create time, we just created the units of measurement for time.
I know we didn't create time, god...we will be gods if we created time.....
I said time itself as a measurement of factors of life. i repeated that many times or people just don't understand what i mean by "factors of life".

"Time would still exist if we never "discovered" it. We just wouldn't measure it in hours, days, weeks, and so on, and so forth."

(your quote) I meant that time as a measurement will not exist, you got this impression because you did not read my entire post from the begninng. Time as a continuum does not needed to be discovered...obviously. But I am essentially saying that time that measures the universe such as light years will not exist. Thus after the creation of time we are now able to intergrate it into the universe. And calculate time in the univserse. Hence, going back to where it all started, I commented that time cannot be "GOD". And therefore all these arguments are going no where.

Again, "time as a natural factor", you just didn't read all the comments just the last one. TIME per se is natural, time as a unit of measurement is not, thus time as a continuum existed. that is why i said "OVER TIME"... Differed from "time" as a measure of factor of life. I can't make it more clear. Therefore for here on out..anything of "OVER time" is irrelevant to me as I made it clear. Someone said Time is god, time is not god. I said two types of time.....Time as a measurement AND "over time". That is all im going to say there. Over time is therefore natural. There is a huge difference in the times i've talked about. But i differed both.

I said time is not natural like gravity because time as a measurment is not natural. I said this aswell re-read earlier post it is all there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Err View Post
I'm saying you're wrong and I offered a link to prove it. You can believe what you want to believe but you are still wrong.

This, I agree with.
What in the world, I already said that time itself is a unit of measurement, I said the same thing. I said that we created time to measure life. Obviously we didn't create time. IF we created time then we are god, I thought you knew what I meant, when i said we created time...i mentioned time that measures factors of life many times already. To repeat I said We created time to measure AND for the record of my other quote I distisguted two types of time in my wording, time as a unit of measure and "over time", I referred "over time" as time as a continuum. concept. You agree with his and not mine...seriously it is just different wording.


Errr....Go read where someone said that time is god, then re-read my comment. I said "over time" is not god. AS in time as a continuum. If you think that I do not know time as a concept then your argument that time is part of the universe is irrelevant because everyone already knows that. You just did not read my comment carefully or didnt understand what i meant.
Rasengan- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 08:50 AM   #49
Rasengan-
Chunin Exam Participant
 
Rasengan-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 735
Rep Power: 9
Rasengan- is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: My take on the existance of God; God = Universe

"Time will not exist if we never discovered it. The universe will continue "over time" not correlation with time that we have created."

Look this is proof. I said it countless time. post number 43, on page 3. the last line.
Rasengan- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 10:31 AM   #50
Err
Special Jonin Candidate
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: I liek cake!
Posts: 6,084
Rep Power: 13
Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: My take on the existance of God; God = Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasengan- View Post
What in the world, I already said that time itself is a unit of measurement, I said the same thing. I said that we created time to measure life. Obviously we didn't create time. IF we created time then we are god, I thought you knew what I meant, when i said we created time...i mentioned time that measures factors of life many times already. To repeat I said We created time to measure AND for the record of my other quote I distisguted two types of time in my wording, time as a unit of measure and "over time", I referred "over time" as time as a continuum. concept. You agree with his and not mine...seriously it is just different wording.


Errr....Go read where someone said that time is god, then re-read my comment. I said "over time" is not god. AS in time as a continuum. If you think that I do not know time as a concept then your argument that time is part of the universe is irrelevant because everyone already knows that. You just did not read my comment carefully or didnt understand what i meant.
Then you need to reword your argument next time because I wasn't the only the who was mislead by your wording.
__________________
Quote:
To further the point, we are a social species because we are interdependent. You could count on your hand how many people in a millennium can get by with absolutely no help from anyone else ever. Yet we never work together. That's why ants will eventually bring us down.
Err is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 10:39 AM   #51
Rasengan-
Chunin Exam Participant
 
Rasengan-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 735
Rep Power: 9
Rasengan- is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: My take on the existance of God; God = Universe

I don't need to re-word, it is prefectly clear to me, i am sorry if you didn't understand it. It is different wording but the meaning remain the same.

But i barely blame the wording, it mainly the problem of understand time and universe.

No one will ever have the answer, but the argument I had was good to distinguish the concept of time. I can't make it easier.

The wording is fine. Other people probaly did not read all of my post from the beginning to completely grasp where I was coming from.
Rasengan- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 10:41 AM   #52
Gamabunta
Big Bad Bully
Tactless
 
Gamabunta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: NC
Posts: 9,139
Rep Power: 13
Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.
Default Re: My take on the existance of God; God = Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Demon Zabuza View Post
What is your stand on the parallel universe theory?

Also, this is basically saying that science is right, you're just attributing the laws of the universe to divine creation rather than the big bang.
This is a fallacy. It's not God or science.

The Big Bang is still only a theory. It cannot be proven by empirical science. Hinting that the two are synonymous is simply wrong.
__________________
Aurego and Noodles
Gamabunta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 10:45 AM   #53
Rasengan-
Chunin Exam Participant
 
Rasengan-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 735
Rep Power: 9
Rasengan- is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: My take on the existance of God; God = Universe

^ they are getting closer though with the recent biggest scientific experiment in human history in geneva.
Rasengan- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 10:46 AM   #54
The Demon Zabuza
"Infamous"
 
The Demon Zabuza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: England Awesomeness: 9,001
Posts: 14,027
Rep Power: 15
The Demon Zabuza finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.The Demon Zabuza finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.The Demon Zabuza finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.The Demon Zabuza finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.The Demon Zabuza finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.The Demon Zabuza finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.The Demon Zabuza finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.The Demon Zabuza finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.The Demon Zabuza finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.The Demon Zabuza finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.
Default Re: My take on the existance of God; God = Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamabunta View Post
This is a fallacy. It's not God or science.

The Big Bang is still only a theory. It cannot be proven by empirical science. Hinting that the two are synonymous is simply wrong.
Did I ever present them as anything other than theories? No. Did I say that either or both of them were true? No.

Did you assume I did? Yes.
__________________
Spoiler:
Wifey #1: Muffin


Wifey #2: Looney
Wifey #3: SillyTobi
Wifey #4: Gaara's Girl
Wifey #5: i_love_kakashi
Wifey #6: Kiseki
Wifey #7: XxblackxX
Wifey #8: Kiku
Wifey #9: Jonesy
Wifey #10: Kuromaki
Husband #1: Sharikage
Husband #2: Shika
Husband #3: Vex Mizuki
Husband #3056: Chidori of Death

I love them longtime. <3.

Student: Muffintop
Honey/Professor-person: Kazumi
Ma name is mistah fluffie-kins
Hikari is my daughter
MasterOfPain is also my daughter
Lady Tsunade is my ex-daughter
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I'ma rogue ninja!
Sex toy: JenniferWonderland
Slave: EmoSakura
Spoiler:

Quote:
Are we aloud to post bathing suit pics?
8D
Quote:
*swoons @ TDZ's pictures*
B-)
Quote:
TDZ is so hot.. naked ;D
Damn right.
Quote:
~glomps everyone in thread~
Ah! he reveals his true self at last.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerKunoichixxx
I love you!!! And have done since I first layed my eyes on you!!!
I feel I should point out this was a dare. But it still counts.
Quote:
*Puts Chloroform onto Tissue*
TDZ is mine!
I approve of this statement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasori
First person to not know who TDZ is.
Out of 21,000 members, only one of them doesn't know me. I call that a win.
It's precisely what you're thinking. I'm just that cool.
Quote:
Holycrapstoplookingsogoodonmycomputerscreenwasnote xpectingthatkthx

*Falls off chair
Guess what I had just posted a picture of. ;D
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_kakashi
Yes, you can make my kitty purr lol
Think about synonyms for kitty, then realize what she just said. ;D
Quote:
Quit being so naughty my kitty is starting to purr lolz
See above. xDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sosuke Aizen
I WILL LOVE YOU FOREVER
Once again, a dare. But have you seen this girl? I mean, dayum.
Incest FTW.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Quote:
You know me well.

Furthermore, as much as I find you unbelievably attractive at this point, please warn me next time.

/Hides eyes from bashfulness
Apparently, I'm hot enough to cause health issues.

Quote:
Your spot in my bed is waiting.
Sorry, but I have to go... uhh.... water my fish. *runs off to Sosuke*
Quote:
~Goes to bed with you.~ ;D!
Quote:
TDZ rejected is like cookie monster saying no to oreos
Quote:
*comes in in a school girl outfit* I'M TDZ'S FANGIRL!!
Quote:
I take back everything i've said about u-sie. u-sie hot! >.<

Spoiler:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
there u go! ^^(that is a good thing)
Quote:
Meh sweet TDZ! I lovers you bunches. ♥
Quote:
Rejection makes you stronger you know.

It's a wonder you aren't a bodybuilder.
Quote:
200 miles is a long way to an Englishmen, just like 200 years is a long time to an American.
Quote:
>.> Curse you and your infinite sig possibilities... >.<"
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakashi uzumaki
i want to be urs, i want that beautiful smile to be mine
Quote:
UGK: This user has yet to learn the difference between an incorrigible ladies man and a pathetic weirdo hanging out at the park is that the ladies have to be interested.

TDZ: See above, but he has figured it out.
Quote:
TDZ, Your brain scares me in ways only clowns used to. I wish I was that smart at your age.
Quote:
Quote:
Dude...I don't care what you're wearing..mud or sand always finds its way in your pants when you play with it.
Rather like me. xDD
Quote:
TDZ somehow you just became more awesome.
Quote:
TDZ is 100% British Fan-Girl ( and is some cases Boy) Bait who is filling Girl's/Boy's Hearts with enjoyment with near every word he types.
Quote:
Hollywood got Rob Pattinson.
Viz got TDZ.
Quote:
Master/wife loves you too baby. x3
Quote:
TDZ is built amazing, not wimping, amazingly awesome shiny hair, and a hot accent. I think he wins. xD
<link rel="signature" type="text/hilarious" href="/funnysig.txt" />

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaara's Girl
*Keeps raping TDZ* P:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine
TDZ I f****** love you
Quote:
isnt every thread basically about the demon zabuza
Quote:
*Humping* xD
YOU'RE MY DADDY! YOOUU'RE MY DADDY! X333
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoD
I wanna be in your siggy ._.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiseki
/noms on Nick in the bush

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Demon Zabuza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 11:10 AM   #55
Gamabunta
Big Bad Bully
Tactless
 
Gamabunta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: NC
Posts: 9,139
Rep Power: 13
Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.
Default Re: My take on the existance of God; God = Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Demon Zabuza View Post
Did I ever present them as anything other than theories? No. Did I say that either or both of them were true? No.

Did you assume I did? Yes.
Actually I said you hinted at it. Open your eyes.

Stop arguing wording and semantics. It's clear what the intention of your post was. Creationism is a theory too and it is as valid as the Big Bang.
__________________
Aurego and Noodles
Gamabunta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 11:54 AM   #56
Bacon
Moderator
Moderator
 
Bacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Walkin' through the candy-lane with Tifa.~ -.-
Posts: 35,983
Rep Power: 45
Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: My take on the existance of God; God = Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItachiAnbu View Post
"Time is the measurement of motion." -Aristotle

We did not create time per-se, but we did create a way to measure time. Or, put differently, we created the UNITS of measurement.



Time is a natural factor, just like gravity. Ask any scientist. You don't need to "discover" time to know that the sun rises and sets at about the same "time" (for lack of a better word) every day.

Time would still exist if we never "discovered" it. We just wouldn't measure it in hours, days, weeks, and so on, and so forth.



Like I said, we didn't create time, we just created the units of measurement for time.
I forget that this is the debate forum, so I have to be specific. By the way, the only difference between what you said and what I said; is that I called time a concept instead of units of meaurement.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
12:11 PM So you enter the debate with full knowledge that you know nothing of worth on the subject, and then state you will not make an effort to learn. Way to be poster-boy for blight of the forum. Leave discussions of intelligence to those that have it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Click the dratini for anime rants
Bacon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 01:12 PM   #57
Devroux
Moderator
 
Devroux's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: All Pizza
Posts: 22,535
Rep Power: 37
Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: My take on the existance of God; God = Universe

False. I am god.

But really I believe that the universe could be god because the universe entitles more than just space. I believe it's everything that exists and can exist which in essence is god. The universe is connected to everything, living and inanimate. I also believe the universe trancends life and death which again is in essence god.
It only makes sense to me that the universe is god because it's the only thing that is always around and we can see it. Seeing god is one of the reason some people won't convert to Christianity. There is no physical proof that their god exists.

That's just my take in 2 paragraphs. I can talk for hours on the religion subject.
__________________
DΣVR
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
U
χ Δ|✝ΣR

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Devroux is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 05:11 PM   #58
ItachiAnbu
Special Jonin Candidate
 
ItachiAnbu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Imagine
Posts: 3,122
Rep Power: 10
ItachiAnbu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.ItachiAnbu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.ItachiAnbu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.ItachiAnbu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Default Re: My take on the existance of God; God = Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasengan- View Post
I know we didn't create time, god...we will be gods if we created time.....
I said time itself as a measurement of factors of life. i repeated that many times or people just don't understand what i mean by "factors of life".

"Time would still exist if we never "discovered" it. We just wouldn't measure it in hours, days, weeks, and so on, and so forth."

(your quote) I meant that time as a measurement will not exist, you got this impression because you did not read my entire post from the begninng (WRONG. I read the whole thing five times over). Time as a continuum does not needed to be discovered...obviously. But I am essentially saying that time that measures the universe such as light years will not exist. Thus after the creation of time we are now able to intergrate it into the universe. And calculate time in the univserse. Hence, going back to where it all started, I commented that time cannot be "GOD". And therefore all these arguments are going no where.

I agree with that last sentence.

As for the rest of it; you aren't wrong, but you just caused a bit of miscommunication.

Again, "time as a natural factor", you just didn't read all the comments just the last one. TIME per se is natural, time as a unit of measurement is not, thus time as a continuum existed. that is why i said "OVER TIME"... Differed from "time" as a measure of factor of life. I can't make it more clear. Therefore for here on out..anything of "OVER time" is irrelevant to me as I made it clear. Someone said Time is god, time is not god. I said two types of time.....Time as a measurement AND "over time". That is all im going to say there. Over time is therefore natural. There is a huge difference in the times i've talked about. But i differed both.

"Over time" is bad wording, becasue it's vague, which is why I did not understand you.

There are not two types of time. There is time, and then there are units of time.

I said time is not natural like gravity because time as a measurment is not natural. I said this aswell re-read earlier post it is all there.

"Time as a measurement" is bad wording. Next time, try saying "Units of time" so that we don't continue to misunderstand you.

What in the world, I already said that time itself is a unit of measurement, I said the same thing. I said that we created time to measure life. Obviously we didn't create time. IF we created time then we are god, I thought you knew what I meant, when i said we created time...i mentioned time that measures factors of life many times already. To repeat I said We created time to measure AND for the record of my other quote I distisguted two types of time in my wording, time as a unit of measure and "over time", I referred "over time" as time as a continuum. concept. You agree with his and not mine...seriously it is just different wording.

We did not create time.

In the post I quoted, you did not say what I was saying, and therefore your statement did not have the same meaning.


Errr....Go read where someone said that time is god, then re-read my comment. I said "over time" is not god. AS in time as a continuum. If you think that I do not know time as a concept then your argument that time is part of the universe is irrelevant because everyone already knows that. You just did not read my comment carefully or didnt understand what i meant.
My various responses are in red. I get the feeling like we're making a very simple thing way too complicated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasengan- View Post
I don't need to re-word, it is prefectly clear to me, i am sorry if you didn't understand it. It is different wording but the meaning remain the same.

But i barely blame the wording, it mainly the problem of understand time and universe.

No one will ever have the answer, but the argument I had was good to distinguish the concept of time. I can't make it easier.

The wording is fine. Other people probaly did not read all of my post from the beginning to completely grasp where I was coming from.
The wording, my friend, was atrocious in the post I quoted. I'll quote it again for you if you missed it. And by wording, I mostly mean your grammar, but I also mean your specific choice of words which you used to express your ideas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
I forget that this is the debate forum, so I have to be specific. By the way, the only difference between what you said and what I said; is that I called time a concept instead of units of meaurement.
True. You weren't specific, and therefore were not necessarily wrong.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by ItachiAnbu; 07-15-2010 at 05:15 PM.
ItachiAnbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
god, universe


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.