Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Cutting Edge > Debate Forum

Debate Forum Debate interesting non-Naruto topics. All forum rules apply.

Old 06-28-2010, 12:39 PM   #221
Bacon

Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Do you think the bible is true?

Tell me where the people who wrote the book of genesis got their information. Then maybe I will decide if the bible is not full of lies. Btw, I refuse to believe such a violent book holds any truth.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

12:11 PM So you enter the debate with full knowledge that you know nothing of worth on the subject, and then state you will not make an effort to learn. Way to be poster-boy for blight of the forum. Leave discussions of intelligence to those that have it.

Click the dratini for anime rants
Bacon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 12:48 PM   #222
mrsticky005

mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Yes I do. You can think me a fool if you want.

But do we REALLY need another Christianity vs Atheist debate?

I mean c'mon, there are already 349028430290 more of these.

Be a bit more original.

Spam once and the forum will be annoyed.
Spam twice and warnings will be deployed
Spam thrice and a infraction you will receive
Spam 8,984 times and a FAIL Agent you''ll soon be.

...At least in my case.
mrsticky005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 03:04 PM   #223
bored
Apprentice Genin

bored is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

there is no way all of the bible is true (to me not even a part)

true fact :monks used to take magic mushrooms
bored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 05:11 AM   #224
chidoriroar
Chunin

chidoriroar is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

the bible was originally sent from god to the prophet jesus, but was then corrupted after jesus was raised to the heavens. the bible being corrupted is fact so dont deny it. even priests admit it. im not christian, im muslim, and i believe jesus was only a prophet.

the bitterness of this life is the sweetness of the next.

Give me rep and ill give you rep back.
dont talk about measking for rep since im not the only one doing it and theres nothing in the rules against it.
to the people who dont know, you have to include your name when giving rep and if your rep is less than one giving rep wont matter.
chidoriroar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 05:14 AM   #225
chidoriroar
Chunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by emens1234 View Post
The bible is undoubtabley true. All life must come from life and the beginning life was God he created everything. Everything in the bible is true.
why do you deny the fact that other religions might be true?

dont talk about measking for rep since im not the only one doing it and theres nothing in the rules against it.
to the people who dont know, you have to include your name when giving rep and if your rep is less than one giving rep wont matter.
Old 07-05-2010, 11:39 AM   #226
ItachiAnbu
Special Jonin Candidate

ItachiAnbu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.ItachiAnbu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.ItachiAnbu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.ItachiAnbu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkamaru View Post
but how can you explainnot existing?while we exsist, we see things and feel things.even when we close our eyes we see blackness.there will always be something because there cannot be nothing.

thats just my views.
Ok, I'll outline the idea for you:

When you exist, you feel things, but when you don't exist, you don't feel things. And yes, there CAN be nothing. Because if you don't exist, you don't feel anything; not because there is nothing to be felt, but because you lose the ability to feel it. when you die, because you cease to exist.

Get it?

You WON'T see anything because you CAN'T see anything. That's how that concept works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chidoriroar View Post
why do you deny the fact that other religions might be true?
You mean possibility. Not fact.

ItachiAnbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 11:00 PM   #227
Tarkorotsu
Special Jonin Candidate

Tarkorotsu is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to Tarkorotsu

The Bible is a good story book that is to make people believe in their god. I am reading it at the moment and I am laughing at some of the verses. A person who believes this stuff is the word of "god" has the lowest IQ rating.

Village of the Winds

Tarkorotsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 11:03 PM   #228
Maikeru D. Shinigami
Super High School Level Narcissist
Quasi-Admin

Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via AIM to Maikeru D. Shinigami Send a message via MSN to Maikeru D. Shinigami Send a message via Yahoo to Maikeru D. Shinigami

I believe it's more of a guiding light than a golden rule.

YouTube:
src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">
Maikeru D. Shinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 11:43 PM   #229
Monster Addict92
Banned

Monster Addict92 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to Monster Addict92

some of it yes, but i don't believe the world will end
Monster Addict92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 04:42 AM   #230
chidoriroar
Chunin

i have a question: how can you christians be sure of wich part was said by god? since the bible was corrupted over 40 times, wouldnt god send another book so people can know the truth, or prevent his book from corruption (like the quran).

try to think about this.

Old 07-07-2010, 12:50 PM   #231
Amani
Chunin Exam Participant

Amani is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Not really-- I mean I agree with some parts of it, but only because those parts are similar to my own religion. I don't use the Bible-- I use the holy book for MY religion.
/_!_\ Put this on your siggy if you love Deidara.
Amani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 12:52 PM   #232
Kakuzu
Special Jonin Candidate

Kakuzu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Kakuzu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Kakuzu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Kakuzu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Kakuzu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Send a message via Skype™ to Kakuzu

I believe in most of the Bible, but I think it was made to guide us as someone stated earlier.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster Addict92 View Post
some of it yes, but i don't believe the world will end
In about 4.5 billion years, the Sun is going to run out of usable hydrogen gas and go supernova. This will cause the Sun to grow so large, it will engulf all the inner planets, including Earth. There's the end of the world. I'm sure we will have worked out technolgy to live on other planets and/or found a "sister planet" to Earth to live on.

Spoiler:

Quote:
No I think how you almost blew my brain out is pretty cool! I wish I could be that intelligent and say stuff like you just did.

Quote:
wanna know what I love?How when Kakuzu comes right in the middle of our drama in here.

Last edited by Kakuzu; 07-07-2010 at 12:54 PM.
Kakuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 02:36 AM   #233
Cade
Special Jonin Candidate

Location: In a world of poverty, violence,sex,drugs,wars,arguements and racisim.Basically the U.S.A
Cade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Cade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Cade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Cade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Cade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Cade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Woah. Page 11 of this thread is from 2009.

Cade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 03:10 PM   #234
deidara330
Mr. Serious

deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

I've never really read the bible, but I have a theory that some of the amazing events in the bible are really a series of super-exagerated events, and that the actions of people in the bible and their attitudes have been heavily changed from the way they were in the original texts. Obviously any story has to come from somewhere. Perhaps the flooding of the world that happened in the bible was merely the flooding of a much smaller area located somewhere on Earth that appeared to be the flooding of the world.

A friend of mine said that the parting of the Red Sea by (I can't remember what his name was; as I said, I've never read the bible) could actually have been mistranslated from what would have been read as the parting of the reed sea. That itself would be much more believable than what is probably currently described by the English bible.

Parts of the bible could certainly be true. However, I'm not talking about events as we believe them to have happened. I'm talking about events as they truly happened.
deidara330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 05:13 PM   #235
battlehorse
Chunin Exam Proctor

battlehorse is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

the bible is true.the problem is that some christians dont know how to interpret it.http://www.examiner.com/x-37026-Bible-Prophecy-Examiner~y2010m6d14-Is-America-modern-day-Babylon
battlehorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 06:40 PM   #236
ItachiAnbu
Special Jonin Candidate

ItachiAnbu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.ItachiAnbu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.ItachiAnbu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.ItachiAnbu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Quote:
Originally Posted by battlehorse View Post
the bible is true.the problem is that some christians dont know how to interpret it.http://www.examiner.com/x-37026-Bible-Prophecy-Examiner~y2010m6d14-Is-America-modern-day-Babylon
And your evidence for that is what exactly?

ItachiAnbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 07:59 PM   #237
battlehorse
Chunin Exam Proctor

battlehorse is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItachiAnbu View Post
And your evidence for that is what exactly?
that bible codes,prophecy come true.
battlehorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 08:12 PM   #238
Hinata~
Chunin Exam Participant

Hinata~ is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

I don't know about you guys but yeah I believe in what the Bible says and Im gonna tell you why.
ReasonNo.1: The Bible says there will be earthquakes in multiple places
FactNo.1:Hati had an Big earthquake, after than one in Chile,after that another one and they had another one somewhere elese.

ReasonNo.2:The Bible talks about illness with no cure
FactNo.2:Swine flu broke out and people died

ReasonNo3:The Bible says that food would be scarce
FactNo.3:People are losing their jobs the economy is bad and stuffs.

The bible is something that has to be fulfilled.
Oh, and Scientist think they know everything. BAKAS
Even though its full of IDIOTS
Wanna see me? Sorry you can't pedobear!
EmoSakura's Fishy *taps alge on glass*
I'm BACK!!
Hinata~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 08:18 PM   #239
ItachiKisame
Special Jonin Candidate

ItachiKisame completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.ItachiKisame completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.ItachiKisame completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.ItachiKisame completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.ItachiKisame completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.ItachiKisame completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.ItachiKisame completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.ItachiKisame completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.ItachiKisame completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.ItachiKisame completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.ItachiKisame completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.ItachiKisame completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.ItachiKisame completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.ItachiKisame completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.ItachiKisame completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.

Awards Showcase

I beleive some parts of the bible is true.
ItachiKisame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 08:19 PM   #240
ItachiKisame
Special Jonin Candidate

ItachiKisame completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.ItachiKisame completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.ItachiKisame completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.ItachiKisame completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.ItachiKisame completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.ItachiKisame completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.ItachiKisame completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.ItachiKisame completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.ItachiKisame completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.ItachiKisame completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.ItachiKisame completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.ItachiKisame completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.ItachiKisame completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.ItachiKisame completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.ItachiKisame completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hinata~ View Post
I don't know about you guys but yeah I believe in what the Bible says and Im gonna tell you why.
ReasonNo.1: The Bible says there will be earthquakes in multiple places
FactNo.1:Hati had an Big earthquake, after than one in Chile,after that another one and they had another one somewhere elese.

ReasonNo.2:The Bible talks about illness with no cure
FactNo.2:Swine flu broke out and people died

ReasonNo3:The Bible says that food would be scarce
FactNo.3:People are losing their jobs the economy is bad and stuffs.

The bible is something that has to be fulfilled.
Oh, and Scientist think they know everything. BAKAS
Yea tell me about it.
ItachiKisame is offline   Reply With Quote