Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Cutting Edge > Debate Forum

Debate Forum Debate interesting non-Naruto topics. All forum rules apply.

Old 07-08-2010, 05:29 AM   #1
Rikudo Sennin
7-Up Disciple

Rikudo Sennin has completed a tough C-rank mission!Rikudo Sennin has completed a tough C-rank mission!
Default Sex Education

Do you or do not agree for such a thing to be implanted in school curriculum.

Lets Debate bout it.

And please lets make it clean, xD

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Feed me some negative reps
no reverse psychology please

Do.not.be.Afraid
Rikudo Sennin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 05:34 AM   #2
Inuyasha
JAFL's Little Helper

Inuyasha is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Inuyasha is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Inuyasha is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Inuyasha is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Inuyasha is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Default Re: Sex Education

ummm...idk depends on the age of the students being taught
Inuyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 05:35 AM   #3
Rikudo Sennin
7-Up Disciple

Rikudo Sennin has completed a tough C-rank mission!Rikudo Sennin has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Lets say It is tought from Preparatory to High School.

Do.not.be.Afraid
Old 07-08-2010, 05:38 AM   #4
Inuyasha
JAFL's Little Helper

Inuyasha is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Inuyasha is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Inuyasha is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Inuyasha is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Inuyasha is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

well i mean its hard to say because some kids are mature and can handle it and some kids arent
Inuyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 06:17 AM   #5
Vornmusion
Smooth as Sandpaper
Sage of Lemonade
CB Murder Bros & Co.
Urthalre Di Wer Kepesk

Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.
Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.

As it is, no. It's scare tactics most of the time that doesn't teach jack all about sex aside from the most very basic ideas of it.

A new type of Sex-Ed is required, or better yet, how about the parents do their job and tell the kids themselves instead of being prudes.

Sex as a whole needs an image change, it's become far too taboo for it's own good now.
Vornmusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 06:21 AM   #6
Rikudo Sennin
7-Up Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vornmusion View Post
As it is, no. It's scare tactics most of the time that doesn't teach jack all about sex aside from the most very basic ideas of it.

A new type of Sex-Ed is required, or better yet, how about the parents do their job and tell the kids themselves instead of being prudes.

Sex as a whole needs an image change, it's become far too taboo for it's own good now.
Yeah you're right.
Some people think Malice when it says Sex Education

Do.not.be.Afraid
Old 07-08-2010, 06:26 AM   #7
Kon
...wants a different title?
Formerly Naruto/Fan Boy

Kon has completed a tough C-rank mission!Kon has completed a tough C-rank mission!

i agree most kids are learning from thier friends who probably learned from some tv show or media based programming in all different forms such as commercials for condoms on the radio and shows on late night television
Kon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 06:37 AM   #8
darkjam
Special Jonin Candidate

darkjam is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

I'm really indifferent to the whole thing. Kids obviously need to learn, age hmmm I personally think that 10-11 is when they should start just because sooner or later the World will teach them and well it's better they hear it from teachers (better would be parents but yeah, nobody likes awkward conversations >.>) rather than from friends or the media.
darkjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 07:13 AM   #9
Throw Rasen-Shuriken
Special Jonin Candidate

Location: Drifting through the cold walls, dancing in the subtle shadows, always never ending up anywhere...
Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via Skype™ to Throw Rasen-Shuriken

My personal overview of this is the fact there are some Children/Teenagers may not mature the same as another Child/Teenager, I myself was rather mature for my age, and my Mother told me anything to do about sex when I asked though we never really sat down for a long conversation about it, though when I asked of certain things or such things she would answer the question given, now if Parents choose to actually sit down for a long conversation on it, there is the possibility of both the Parent and Child/Teenager to become uncomfortable, so basically what I am saying, when there Child/Teenager has a question about Sexual Intercourse or any of the variants to it the parent should be at least be patient enough to present the answer to the Child/Teenager, I don't think there is a need for a long winded conversation only once, to happen in there life but more along the lines if there child/Teenager asks a queston they should answer it and not give the Child/Teenager a lecture on it, so I guess I am saying this, Parents should be an open book when a question is asked they should answer it with the correct terms and usage of the words.

Though as for a Teacher that could be rather awkward for some Children/Teenagers because the Teacher does not know the maturity levels of the individual Students, and the only thing a Teacher can do is talk about Sexual Intercourse to a mass group of Students, but without knowing every Students maturity level, it can cause discomfort for some, so in my opinion the best place for any Child/Teenager to get there answers is from there Parent or an Older Member of there Family, therefore they feel safe in an environment to ask a question when need be, though also it relies heavily on the Parent or Older Member to avoid going into a lecture, because if that happens then of course the Child/Teenager is more likely to think that Sexual Intercourse is Taboo, so in my belief a Parent should be like an open book when their Child/Teenager comes to them with a Sexual Intercourse Question, or it's related variants of it, they should answer it, and then wait for there Child/Teenager to come back to ask another instead of having a long winded conversation on it because both parties will most likely begin to feel uncomfortable before it ends.

BF:

Spoiler:

Last edited by Throw Rasen-Shuriken; 07-08-2010 at 08:51 AM.
Throw Rasen-Shuriken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 07:18 AM   #10
Vornmusion
Smooth as Sandpaper
Sage of Lemonade
CB Murder Bros & Co.
Urthalre Di Wer Kepesk

Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.

I disagree on only one small point, I think the parents should at least have a little lengthy discussion about it only to let the child know that it's ok to ask them. Because most children won't ask their parents about sex if they haven't been given enough proof before hand that they will be understanding of it and won't make a huge deal out of the question.
Old 07-08-2010, 07:26 AM   #11
Vornmusion
Smooth as Sandpaper
Sage of Lemonade
CB Murder Bros & Co.
Urthalre Di Wer Kepesk

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarutoRB5 View Post
bleh who needs sex..

Surely not the human species.

Last edited by Vornmusion; 07-08-2010 at 07:31 AM.
Old 07-08-2010, 07:30 AM   #12
Black Shuck
Special Jonin Candidate

Black Shuck is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Teach it as a science subject. (As biological facts)
  • less awkward.
  • will help teens to get their mind cleared of idiotic ideas and myths.

<((:))> <((:))>
.'l'.
.'l'.
----
v
I think. I think I am. Therefore I am... I think.
_________
Spoiler:
I tell you everything that is really nothing, and nothing of what is everything, do not be fooled by what I am saying. Please listen carefully and try to hear what I am not saying.
-C.C.Finn-
Rainbow Tables & unicorns on weed. lolOPHC!!
. . . . . .
Black Shuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 07:33 AM   #13
deidara330
Mr. Serious

deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

I think sex ed is a good idea. I mean, who knows how many moron parents there are out there who never even think about telling their kids about sex? Just having sex ed in a school can ensure that a large number of kids get the correct information that they need to know about it.
deidara330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 07:40 AM   #14
Throw Rasen-Shuriken
Special Jonin Candidate

Location: Drifting through the cold walls, dancing in the subtle shadows, always never ending up anywhere...
Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
I disagree on only one small point, I think the parents should at least have a little lengthy discussion about it only to let the child know that it's ok to ask them. Because most children won't ask their parents about sex if they haven't been given enough proof before hand that they will be understanding of it and won't make a huge deal out of the question.
A discussion, maybe, but if it is the first time, the Child/Teenager may feel rather uncomfortable, just talking to there Parents or an Older Member that long may worry them, perhaps they could have a series of little discussions, for a little while, so then they can then have a longer discussion after that. Kind of to build up to that lengthy discussion.

(Your Link in your last post Vorn ... did not work, not for me any way)

BF:

Spoiler:

Last edited by Throw Rasen-Shuriken; 07-08-2010 at 08:54 AM.
Old 07-08-2010, 07:58 AM   #15
Vornmusion
Smooth as Sandpaper
Sage of Lemonade
CB Murder Bros & Co.
Urthalre Di Wer Kepesk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throw Rasen-Shuriken View Post
A discussion, maybe, but if it is the first time, the child/teenager may feel rather uncomfortable, just talking to there parents or an older member that long may worry them, perhaps they could have a series of little discussions, for a little while, so then they can then have a longer discussion after that. Kind of to build up to that lengthy discussion.
That's what I meant, not waiting for the children to ask but give them a little introduction first, so they don't feel completely embarrassed asking the parents like most kids do. Whether this is a small talk or long one depends on various factors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throw Rasen-Shuriken
(Your Link in your last post Vorn ... did not work, not for me any way)
What link? All I did was put a smiley in it.
Old 07-08-2010, 08:34 AM   #16
natsumiuchiha16
Special Jonin Candidate

natsumiuchiha16 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

I think the parents should at least tell their children abot sex you know just little details nothing big and then when the kid gets in high school health he or she will learn a little bit more on the subject i mean my parents ever talked to me about the subject i learned it all in my high sl helth class and my teacher wasn't akward about it either

my demon form

my theme

the love of my forum life flamey234
natsumiuchiha16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 08:44 AM   #17
Throw Rasen-Shuriken
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:
That's what I meant, not waiting for the children to ask but give them a little introduction first, so they don't feel completely embarrassed asking the parents like most kids do. Whether this is a small talk or long one depends on various factors.

What link? All I did was put a smiley in it.
Well I could not see the smiley, it had a little x button, when I clicked on it, it said Forbidden.

I know that it depends on various factors, one of them being that, that Child/Teenager may not really like being around there Parent or possibly dislike one of there Parents as some Children/Teenagers say they do. There are the odd ones, that don't like talking to there Parent, and would rather not be in the same room as them at all, it really depends on that Parent+Child/Teenager Relationship. Some of those Relationships are rather unstable at times.

BF:

Spoiler:

Last edited by Throw Rasen-Shuriken; 07-08-2010 at 08:55 AM.
Old 07-08-2010, 08:50 AM   #18
Maikeru D. Shinigami
Super High School Level Narcissist
Quasi-Admin

Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via AIM to Maikeru D. Shinigami Send a message via MSN to Maikeru D. Shinigami Send a message via Yahoo to Maikeru D. Shinigami

Screw uneasiness, just talk to your parents, damnit!

YouTube:
src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">
Maikeru D. Shinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 09:01 AM   #19
Kuroda Taishi
Banned

Kuroda Taishi is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Parents should have a discussion or multiple discussions. There are two problems. 1. A lot of parents are crappy parents and should never have had children. 2. Many parents just don't know how to talk to their kids and communicate effectively with them.
Kuroda Taishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 09:02 AM   #20
Maikeru D. Shinigami
Super High School Level Narcissist
Quasi-Admin

Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via AIM to Maikeru D. Shinigami Send a message via MSN to Maikeru D. Shinigami Send a message via Yahoo to Maikeru D. Shinigami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroda Taishi View Post
Parents should have a discussion or multiple discussions. There are two problems. 1. A lot of parents are crappy parents and should never have had children. 2. Many parents just don't know how to talk to their kids and communicate effectively with them.
1. Too true.
2. They should learn.

YouTube:
src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">
Maikeru D. Shinigami is offline   Reply With Quote