Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Cutting Edge > Debate Forum

Debate Forum Debate interesting non-Naruto topics. All forum rules apply.

Old 06-28-2010, 01:15 PM   #1
EmoSakura
Special Jonin Candidate

EmoSakura completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.EmoSakura completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.EmoSakura completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.EmoSakura completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.EmoSakura completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.EmoSakura completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.EmoSakura completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.EmoSakura completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.EmoSakura completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.EmoSakura completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.EmoSakura completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.EmoSakura completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

Awards Showcase

Default Can you really get high off of Sharpies?

Curiously, I tried this and nothing changed. People say that you can because of the chemicals in Sharpie. But still, some people don't. Discuss.
EmoSakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 01:22 PM   #2
trouble88
Making It Duoble
Special Hunter Ninja
WS-Genin

Location: playing pokemonxy with KazekageGaara and Fluttershy
trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via AIM to trouble88 Send a message via MSN to trouble88 Send a message via Skype™ to trouble88
Default Re: Can you really get high off of Sharpies?

yea you can I did one time. man that was awesome O_O but anyway yeah it can happen if you use the really big sharpie that is

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
You stole my heart from the day we met^////^
Forum frist buddies: JAFL,KU
Member of the Forum ANBU PM me for help

trouble88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 01:25 PM   #3
Err
Special Jonin Candidate

Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Awards Showcase

Maybe you didn't sniff enough. I know people can get high off of paint and glue, my guess is that sharpies would work the same way. I have no idea if they do though, I've never tried it nor will I ever. Sniffing that stuff is a good way to kill off many brain cells and probably a good way to kill oneself.
To further the point, we are a social species because we are interdependent. You could count on your hand how many people in a millennium can get by with absolutely no help from anyone else ever. Yet we never work together. That's why ants will eventually bring us down.

Last edited by Err; 06-28-2010 at 01:47 PM.
Err is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 01:26 PM   #4
Kiko-kun
Jonin
Formerly a Hyuuga

Kiko-kun is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Kiko-kun is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Kiko-kun is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Kiko-kun is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Kiko-kun is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Kiko-kun is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Kiko-kun is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Kiko-kun is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Kiko-kun is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Kiko-kun is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Kiko-kun is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Yes you can, when I was in Exploritary Language, my friend Destiny and a few others got high on sharpies and where dizzy all day.
I tried to take it away, but they bit me.....

^ My future wife.
WOOT.WOOT.WOOT.WOOT.WOOT.WOOT.WOOT.WOOT.
Kiko-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 01:38 PM   #5
mrsticky005

mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

I have a theory that anything can be smoked. Should it be smoked? Probably not.

Spam once and the forum will be annoyed.
Spam twice and warnings will be deployed
Spam thrice and a infraction you will receive
Spam 8,984 times and a FAIL Agent you''ll soon be.

...At least in my case.
mrsticky005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 01:41 PM   #6
Kuroda Taishi
Banned

Kuroda Taishi is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Yes you can, but it is not a good idea
Kuroda Taishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 06:21 PM   #7
Kunoichi
Easily Bribed

Kunoichi just might be Kage someday.
Kunoichi just might be Kage someday.Kunoichi just might be Kage someday.Kunoichi just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

You're basically huffing on a smaller scale, and it's actually reeeeeally bad for you. You're cutting off oxygen to your body, which means your heart has to work harder, your other organs can be strained and if can end up killing braincells.

The same thing happens when you suck helium balloons, it's not a big deal as long as you're not making a serious habit out of it.
Kunoichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 06:58 PM   #8
Temari-san
Chunin Exam Participant

Temari-san is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunoichi View Post
You're basically huffing on a smaller scale, and it's actually reeeeeally bad for you. You're cutting off oxygen to your body, which means your heart has to work harder, your other organs can be strained and if can end up killing braincells.

The same thing happens when you suck helium balloons, it's not a big deal as long as you're not making a serious habit out of it.
still, YOU HAVE SOO MUCH FRIGGIN' FUN!!! I KNOW I DID!!! one time we were at lunch signing year books and stuff and my friend had the COLORED sharpies and i found out they smell soooo much better than the regular black ones but that's my opinion! lolzzz and i was sniffing them sooo much i fell over and one of my friendz was trying to take away the sharpie but i put purple sharpie on their upper lip. man was she mad at me! lolzzz but it was totally worth sniffin'! ^^

I love pink floyd, metallica, motley crue, led zeppelin and rammstein. ohh yes <3
Temari-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 07:01 PM   #9
Kunoichi
Easily Bribed

Kunoichi just might be Kage someday.
Kunoichi just might be Kage someday.Kunoichi just might be Kage someday.Kunoichi just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temari-san View Post
still, YOU HAVE SOO MUCH FRIGGIN' FUN!!! I KNOW I DID!!! one time we were at lunch signing year books and stuff and my friend had the COLORED sharpies and i found out they smell soooo much better than the regular black ones but that's my opinion! lolzzz and i was sniffing them sooo much i fell over and one of my friendz was trying to take away the sharpie but i put purple sharpie on their upper lip. man was she mad at me! lolzzz but it was totally worth sniffin'! ^^
Next you should try snorting pixie stix.
Kunoichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 07:07 PM   #10
Looney-Lyra
Miss Naruto 2009

Location: If I'm not in the emo corner, I'm out buying cookies.
Looney-Lyra is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Looney-Lyra is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Looney-Lyra is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Looney-Lyra is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Looney-Lyra is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Looney-Lyra is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

I would just like to add that I have a very dear friend who draws with sharpies all the time, (And I don't mean just every once in a while. I mean ALL THE TIME.) and she's... Well... Unique. xD
Whether this has come naturally or from the use of Sharpies though, I can't say for sure.

^Now taking commissions!^

Taker369 is my slave for all eternity. I refuse to take this out of my sig.

R.I.P RedBlade.

I support the over-use of smileys.
I support the 'Save the Vowels' movement.
I believe in spreading the love. <3

Put this in your sig if you hate editing your sig.

Last edited by Looney-Lyra; 06-28-2010 at 07:09 PM.
Looney-Lyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 08:38 PM   #11
Gamabunta
Big Bad Bully
Tactless

Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Why sniff sharpies? If it grows in the ground it is much safer.
Old 06-28-2010, 08:40 PM   #12
Toma RNK
Village Counsel Sage
The Dandy Man

Toma RNK completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.
Toma RNK completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.

Awards Showcase

Yes you can get high. You can also DIE!! Seriously.

May 18th 2009: PM Hell... never forget.
Best post ever!

Always remember

Any sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from evil.

Last edited by Err; 09-14-2010 at 04:53 AM. Reason: Removed bad language.
Toma RNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 08:43 PM   #13
Jonesy
likes to post-it post-it
Konoha Military Force

Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

I tried this once....I passed out from the fumes and it was in the middle of class. D:
Jonesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 08:45 PM   #14
naruto_jock
The Asian Sensation

naruto_jock is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.naruto_jock is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.naruto_jock is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.naruto_jock is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.naruto_jock is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toma RNK View Post

Doesn't it kill A LOT of brain cells Toma-sama? And yes Emo-san.....DON'T FREAKIN' DO IT!!!!!

naruto_jock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 10:54 PM   #15
TheJapaneseKamikaze
Veteran Chunin

TheJapaneseKamikaze saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

Why would you want to be so inhumane to your body?

It's a key to success.
^ A very wise and resourceful tip. 8D
TheJapaneseKamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 06:26 AM   #16
ItachiAnbu
Special Jonin Candidate

ItachiAnbu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.ItachiAnbu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.ItachiAnbu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.ItachiAnbu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Quote:
Or Smarties. Or SweetTarts. >_>

Quote:
This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmoSakura View Post
Curiously, I tried this and nothing changed. People say that you can because of the chemicals in Sharpie. But still, some people don't. Discuss.
Yes, you can get high off of Sharpie fumes.

ItachiAnbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 06:36 AM   #17
Throw Rasen-Shuriken
Special Jonin Candidate

Location: Drifting through the cold walls, dancing in the subtle shadows, always never ending up anywhere...
Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via Skype™ to Throw Rasen-Shuriken

I wouldn't know, but I would not try it either ... I try to avoid anything that may lead to an addiction ...

But considering that I have seen, many things make people high or act weird, I would go with yes, one could, probably get high on Sharpies.

BF:

Spoiler:

Throw Rasen-Shuriken is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 07:31 PM   #18
Temari-san
Chunin Exam Participant

Quote:
been there done that! lolzzz when i did that I was like 13 and my friends dared me so i did and the next day i friggin' sneezed pixi dust! hahaha lolzzz

I love pink floyd, metallica, motley crue, led zeppelin and rammstein. ohh yes <3
Old 06-29-2010, 07:34 PM   #19
Temari-san
Chunin Exam Participant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throw Rasen-Shuriken View Post
I wouldn't know, but I would not try it either ... I try to avoid anything that may lead to an addiction ...

But considering that I have seen, many things make people high or act weird, I would go with yes, one could, probably get high on Sharpies.
dude, i've sniffed sharpies since i was 8 and never got addicted. I would only sniff sharpies if we were signing year books at school! but i normally act stupid and hyper because of the coffee i drink every morning and the sugar intake in the day! lolzzz ^^

Old 06-30-2010, 08:26 PM   #20
Temari-san
Chunin Exam Participant

Quote:
we understand that much but sharpies are like a drug that is hidden from the government! lolzzz illegal drug!

Last edited by Err; 09-14-2010 at 04:52 AM. Reason: Removed bad language.