Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Cutting Edge > Debate Forum

Debate Forum Debate interesting non-Naruto topics. All forum rules apply.

Old 06-25-2010, 02:00 AM   #1
mrsticky005

mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Default The Best Don't Brag. 2nd Best do.

Anyone else agree?

The best don't brag because they don't need to.
Everyone knows who is the best.

But because nobody remembers 2nd best, they feel the need to brag.

This isn't referring to anyone specific.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Spam once and the forum will be annoyed.
Spam twice and warnings will be deployed
Spam thrice and a infraction you will receive
Spam 8,984 times and a FAIL Agent you''ll soon be.

...At least in my case.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by mrsticky005; 06-25-2010 at 02:40 AM.
mrsticky005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 02:03 AM   #2
matsuro
Special Jonin Candidate

matsuro has a spectacular chakra aura going on.matsuro has a spectacular chakra aura going on.matsuro has a spectacular chakra aura going on.matsuro has a spectacular chakra aura going on.matsuro has a spectacular chakra aura going on.matsuro has a spectacular chakra aura going on.matsuro has a spectacular chakra aura going on.
Default Re: The Best Don't Brag. 2nd Best do.

hmmmmm, it depends on who ur talking about?....are you thinking of specific people? O_O

R.I.P
matsuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 02:05 AM   #3
Cupcake
Veteran Chunin
Formerly and Forever Apa

Cupcake has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Cupcake has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Cupcake has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Cupcake has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Cupcake has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Cupcake has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Cupcake has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Awards Showcase

You best not be talking about me, Sticky.

All I want are the brains of Gwen Stacy....

....with the body of Mary Jane
Cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 02:11 AM   #4
mrsticky005

mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by matsuro View Post
hmmmmm, it depends on who ur talking about?....are you thinking of specific people? O_O
I mean in general.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apa View Post
You best not be talking about me, Sticky.
No I don't mean you.

...At least in my case.
Old 06-25-2010, 02:18 AM   #5
Ishtar
Banned

Ishtar finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Ishtar finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Ishtar finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Ishtar finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Ishtar finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Ishtar finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Ishtar finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Ishtar finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Ishtar finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Im sorry Im ""Bragging"" I just thought I'd make a thread dedicated to people I like on da forum. How is it bragging?
Ishtar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 02:21 AM   #6
mrsticky005

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishtar View Post
Im sorry Im ""Bragging"" I just thought I'd make a thread dedicated to people I like on da forum. How is it bragging?
This thread isn't referring to you or anybody else on this forum.

...At least in my case.
Old 06-25-2010, 02:35 AM   #7
matsuro
Special Jonin Candidate

matsuro has a spectacular chakra aura going on.matsuro has a spectacular chakra aura going on.matsuro has a spectacular chakra aura going on.matsuro has a spectacular chakra aura going on.matsuro has a spectacular chakra aura going on.matsuro has a spectacular chakra aura going on.matsuro has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Ishtar, i asked him that question, he wasnt referring to specific people, he was speaking in general, read post(s) above o_o

R.I.P
Old 06-25-2010, 02:46 AM   #8
gama-sennin
Special Jonin Candidate

gama-sennin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.gama-sennin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.gama-sennin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.gama-sennin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.gama-sennin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.gama-sennin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

@mrsticky005
"The best dont brag." Now, why does that sound like bragging? lol

Quote of the day...

Quote:
If life is going to exist in a Universe of this size, then the one thing it cannot afford to have is a sense of proportion

Last edited by gama-sennin; 06-25-2010 at 02:49 AM.
gama-sennin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 03:04 AM   #9
mrsticky005

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by gama-sennin View Post
@mrsticky005
"The best dont brag." Now, why does that sound like bragging? lol
It would if I said I was the best...but I'm not.

I'm talking about how people who hold world records and stuff you hardly ever hear gloat about their accomplishments...and yet those who are
good at something (but not the best) sometimes do gloat about it.

...At least in my case.
Old 06-25-2010, 03:06 AM   #10
matsuro
Special Jonin Candidate

they do that cause they are not the best, in an attempt to become the best.............i think >_<

R.I.P
Old 06-25-2010, 03:25 AM   #11
mrsticky005

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by matsuro View Post
they do that cause they are not the best, in an attempt to become the best.............i think >_<
Exactly that's what I'm saying.

...At least in my case.
Old 06-25-2010, 05:42 AM   #12
gama-sennin
Special Jonin Candidate

gama-sennin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.gama-sennin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.gama-sennin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.gama-sennin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.gama-sennin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.gama-sennin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

^^ you never see a George bush or pairs Hilton brag about themselves coz they are THE best in
Spoiler:
sucking

Quote of the day...

Quote:
If life is going to exist in a Universe of this size, then the one thing it cannot afford to have is a sense of proportion
Old 06-25-2010, 06:12 AM   #13
Vornmusion
Smooth as Sandpaper
Sage of Lemonade
CB Murder Bros & Co.
Urthalre Di Wer Kepesk

Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.
Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.

The best don't need to brag because they have the rep already. Simple as that.
Vornmusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 06:27 AM   #14
mrsticky005

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vornmusion View Post
The best don't need to brag because they have the rep already. Simple as that.
Why does everyone keep thinking I'm referring to someone from the forums?

...At least in my case.
Old 06-25-2010, 06:54 AM   #15
gama-sennin
Special Jonin Candidate

^^ Why do you say that? i dont see Vorn referring to any one in his post.

Quote of the day...

Quote:
Old 06-25-2010, 07:33 AM   #16
mrsticky005

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by gama-sennin View Post
^^ Why do you say that? i dont see Vorn referring to any one in his post.
cause of the rep reference.

...At least in my case.
Old 06-25-2010, 09:52 AM   #17
Vornmusion
Smooth as Sandpaper
Sage of Lemonade
CB Murder Bros & Co.
Urthalre Di Wer Kepesk

Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.
Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsticky005 View Post
cause of the rep reference.
It was short for reputation, it has nothing to do with the rep system on the forums.

People don't need to brag about their skills when they already have the reputation of being the best at it period.
Vornmusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 10:35 AM   #18
Kunoichi
Easily Bribed

Kunoichi just might be Kage someday.
Kunoichi just might be Kage someday.Kunoichi just might be Kage someday.Kunoichi just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

I kind of disagree. I think people who are extremely talented and win accolades for said talent are really just being modest because that's what's considered socially appropriate.

I mean when Michael Phelps won a gold medal in the Olympics it's not like he could stand on his little platform and be all "YEAH YOU LIKE THAT HUNGRY? YOU LIKE THAT? MMM EAT IT B****S! SOMEBODY THROW ME BACK IN THE POOL 'CAUSE PHELPS IS ON FIRE!"
That just wouldn't be considered socially acceptable. So instead of trash talking and doing your own little touch down dance, you have to wear the fake smile and pretend like you don't want to tell everyone do suck it cause you're number one.
Kunoichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 11:08 AM   #19
akikofrown
Veteran Chunin

akikofrown is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsticky005 View Post
Anyone else agree?

The best don't brag because they don't need to.
Everyone knows who is the best.

But because nobody remembers 2nd best, they feel the need to brag.

This isn't referring to anyone specific.

this is very true.
akikofrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 03:11 PM   #20
LeafShinobi22
Genin

LeafShinobi22 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

If your the best that doesn't mean you don't want to brag, just that you don't need to. They're reputation speaks for itself, and they probably have groupies who brag for them. If you were the best at something, but the poeple around you didn't really care for whatever your the best at, you'd probably go tell (or show, which can count as bragging, because it's showing off) people that your the best at it. That's like saying "hey look what I can do. I'm better than you and everyone else at it." I'd count that as bragging.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunoichi View Post
I kind of disagree. I think people who are extremely talented and win accolades for said talent are really just being modest because that's what's considered socially appropriate.

I mean when Michael Phelps won a gold medal in the Olympics it's not like he could stand on his little platform and be all "YEAH YOU LIKE THAT HUNGRY? YOU LIKE THAT? MMM EAT IT B****S! SOMEBODY THROW ME BACK IN THE POOL 'CAUSE PHELPS IS ON FIRE!"
That just wouldn't be considered socially acceptable. So instead of trash talking and doing your own little touch down dance, you have to wear the fake smile and pretend like you don't want to tell everyone do suck it cause you're number one.
You have a point. If your the best and you brag your gonna make a lot of enemies. People will resent you because they expect you to be grateful for being given this talent, but instead you rub it in people's faces. People will get jealous, upset, and feel disrespected, so they'll shun you because it's, like you said, socially unacceptable.

And if people doubted you, or didn't think you could ever be the best, you might brag to them. Like Kobe Bryant at his press conference after winning the NBA Finals. He said directly to his former teammate Shaquille O'Neal on camera that he had more championships than him. He said that because they had previous issues and Shaq had more championships than him at one point, and rubbed it in Kobe's face because of their issues. What I'm trying to say is if your doubted, and you reach a goal that people didn't expect you to reach, you may feel the need to brag because you feel you've earned it and that you've been waiting to do it since people started doubting you, like the Kobe vs. Shaq example I just gave.

No Money=Poverty=Depression

"Money makes the world go round. A world where morals come after riches is a world ruled by greed"-Me
LeafShinobi22 is offline   Reply With Quote