Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Cutting Edge > Debate Forum

Debate Forum Debate interesting non-Naruto topics. All forum rules apply.

Old 06-18-2010, 12:48 AM   #1
Nine
Herbalist

Nine is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Nine is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Nine is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Nine is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Nine is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Nine is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Send a message via AIM to Nine
Default Should Marijuana

Be legal?

Mature users should only really read this.Seriously.I dont want your mom coming in and seeing such a sensitive topic.
Spoiler:

Its Proven that in the green Triangle in California (The only place cultivating is ENCOURAGE) that a person that sells Marijuana to the government for medical is on average to make 100,000$ a year.Now when the government sells it to medical distributors they make a couple thousand(s) a year aoff of federal tax!! Smoking Marijuana is your house is also allowed.A person can have up to 8 grams in their pocket ant any time.But it cant be rolled up into a joint for smoking purposes unless you have a license to do so.Also allowed in Denver,Colorado as I lived their once.(you must be 21 or older and note that that is a State law.Not a federal law.That means if the D.E.A finds a cultivator.Jail time.

Now what im saying is that is is its legal to carry around it, why not sell it like cigarettes.The would profit soo much its not even funny.Down here in New Orleans,LA if anyone has a plant that 25 years in prison.Getting my point?
If the whole United stats could sell Marijuana our economy would shoot up.Well not a whole lot but still.

There was a drug smuggler in the 80's i think that made over 50 Million a year for selling this plant.He of course had to buy it first.The had to cost him a half a million a week.what im saying if people can profit for selling Marijuana,why cant the U.S economy?.

in other words,do you see people wrecking/totaling a car while under the influence of Marijuana?I think not.Im saying that you dont see people getting high and doing crazy ass things.Like beating their wife for fun.Most people that get high are more relaxed then ever and is proven my doctors.That why they give it to you when you go through Chemotherapy.Cannabis is ranked one of the least harmful drugs by a study published in the UK medical journal.

Im done typing ever though i still have more to say.

Source:MSNBC and Here
SOOOO what do you guys think?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Nine; 06-18-2010 at 01:04 AM.
Nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 12:55 AM   #2
Kon
...wants a different title?
Formerly Naruto/Fan Boy

Kon has completed a tough C-rank mission!Kon has completed a tough C-rank mission!
Default Re: Should Marijuana

Hmmm... yea i kinda see your point sorta
Kon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 01:18 AM   #3
Vornmusion
Smooth as Sandpaper
Sage of Lemonade
CB Murder Bros & Co.
Urthalre Di Wer Kepesk

Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.
Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.

If alcohol and cigarettes are legal, there's no reason for Marijuana to not be too. All of them can negatively effect your health yet two of them are perfectly legal.

I personally consider cigarettes worse than either of the others.

Last edited by Vornmusion; 06-19-2010 at 06:47 PM.
Vornmusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 02:19 AM   #4
Bacon

Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

The U.S economy grossed 13 trillion a year last time I checked. So selling marijuana will not yield profits across the board that will help stimulate such a massive economy.

Second, getting rid of something from society is the equivalent to finding a hog who can fly. It's impossible to irradicate something that has already been introduced. The government tried during the 1920's with prohibition, and it failed. Do we really want another drug that will be permanently legal in our country?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:

12:11 PM So you enter the debate with full knowledge that you know nothing of worth on the subject, and then state you will not make an effort to learn. Way to be poster-boy for blight of the forum. Leave discussions of intelligence to those that have it.

Click the dratini for anime rants

Last edited by Bacon; 06-18-2010 at 02:22 AM.
Bacon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 12:41 PM   #5
Nine
Herbalist

Nine is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Nine is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Nine is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Nine is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Nine is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Nine is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Well i do.

For no apparent reason of course xDDD

Old 06-18-2010, 01:06 PM   #6
Bacon

Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

If Government owned marijuana facilities could produce a significant amount of jobs, then there is an economic incentive. My question is, even if there was money to be made; would it be worth it?

Quote:

12:11 PM So you enter the debate with full knowledge that you know nothing of worth on the subject, and then state you will not make an effort to learn. Way to be poster-boy for blight of the forum. Leave discussions of intelligence to those that have it.

Old 06-18-2010, 01:18 PM   #7
i_love_kakashi
Special Jonin Candidate

i_love_kakashi has a spectacular chakra aura going on.i_love_kakashi has a spectacular chakra aura going on.i_love_kakashi has a spectacular chakra aura going on.i_love_kakashi has a spectacular chakra aura going on.i_love_kakashi has a spectacular chakra aura going on.i_love_kakashi has a spectacular chakra aura going on.i_love_kakashi has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

I think it should be leagal because, it would make the government a lot more money just from the taxes. Please, at least a fourth of my school smokes weed. There would be a large profit if they can get older people to buy it for them like they do to go get ciggeretts or beer. My parents know people who are in their 40's who still smoke it.

Like others have said, it would make an increase in jobs, but also have an effect on the health. Ciggeretts have health warnings on the packages, and I'm sure beer does too. If people want to ruin their lives with it and die by it, that's their choice. So why not make money off of people killing their sleves because we do it already now with ciggeretts and beer.

But with all the health problems they would be going to the hospital, and people don't have insurance. Blah blah blah another huge problem.

In the end, I think it should be leagal.
Old 06-18-2010, 01:36 PM   #8
Bacon

Awards Showcase

If marijuana is proven to not affect a construction worker's ability to work, our ability to drive, and parent our children. Then I will not be worried about marijuana, but the fact is a marijuana high lasts longer. It could possibly be mixed with worse substances to make it more addictive and physically make you dependent.

Quote:

Old 06-18-2010, 01:49 PM   #9
Nine
Herbalist

Bacon

Also causes decreased reaction time form being relaxed.Proven.

Old 06-18-2010, 02:08 PM   #10
Zangetsu780
Genin

Zangetsu780 saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

no they shouldn't be

CN needs to burn in hell

The Best song Funimation had ever dubbed
Spoiler:

This User is dead
Zangetsu780 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 02:29 PM   #11
Nine
Herbalist

This is for debating.Try to provide some reason behind your opinion.

Old 06-18-2010, 03:53 PM   #12
Level6Ninja
Genin

Level6Ninja is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

It shouldnt be illegal. if they make it legal less people will do it. just like when they made alchohol illegal, people started using it more and more than before. for some reason, people like doing stuff against the rules, and if they made it legal, a lot people would stop.

Level6Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 10:39 PM   #13
Nine
Herbalist

Lol youth in rebellion

Old 06-19-2010, 04:28 PM   #14
Kunoichi
Easily Bribed

Kunoichi just might be Kage someday.
Kunoichi just might be Kage someday.Kunoichi just might be Kage someday.Kunoichi just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vornmusion View Post
If alcohol and cigarettes are legal, there's no reason for Marijuana to not be too. All of them can negatively effect your health yet two of them are perfectly legal.
There are reasons, they may not be very good reasons but there are reasons. The first and most important is the social and cultural implications in the united states (I'm assuming we're talking about legalization in the states.) The reason prohibition didn't work is because it's been ingrained in our society culturally since before our nation was founded. The government may have gone into a social reform period, but they simply did not have the funds or means to properly enforce it since so many americans see alcohol as a socially acceptable vice. And unlike marijuana alcohol can be seriously and chemically dangerous to the body (you're basically poisoning yourself in moderation in order to get drunk.) The rate of alcohol related deaths sky rocketed in the 20s because there was no government institution regulating the distilling process of booze.

Then you also have to look at the cause and effect of legalization. Thousands of people have been put in jail, had their property seized, and had felony charges placed on their records. If we legalize pot then what? What do you do with everyone currently serving jail time? What do you do about the property you took? Do you clean their record so they can leave the country again?

The sad truth is that even if this substance is less damaging chemically than something like alcohol, the government has already spent billions of dollars on the "drug war" and ruined hundreds of thousands of lives, that's something you can just easily turn away from. It's great in theory to say "we need to change this" but our governments not exactly great at admitting it's wrong.

If they ever do legalize marijuana then everyone should buy stock in Frito Lays, because pot heads everyone are going to celebrate their munchies with Fritos, or Cheetos, or Doritos, or pretty much anything that ends in itos.
Kunoichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 06:46 PM   #15
Vornmusion
Smooth as Sandpaper
Sage of Lemonade
CB Murder Bros & Co.
Urthalre Di Wer Kepesk

Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.
Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunoichi View Post
There are reasons, they may not be very good reasons but there are reasons. The first and most important is the social and cultural implications in the united states (I'm assuming we're talking about legalization in the states.) The reason prohibition didn't work is because it's been ingrained in our society culturally since before our nation was founded. The government may have gone into a social reform period, but they simply did not have the funds or means to properly enforce it since so many americans see alcohol as a socially acceptable vice. And unlike marijuana alcohol can be seriously and chemically dangerous to the body (you're basically poisoning yourself in moderation in order to get drunk.) The rate of alcohol related deaths sky rocketed in the 20s because there was no government institution regulating the distilling process of booze.

Then you also have to look at the cause and effect of legalization. Thousands of people have been put in jail, had their property seized, and had felony charges placed on their records. If we legalize pot then what? What do you do with everyone currently serving jail time? What do you do about the property you took? Do you clean their record so they can leave the country again?

The sad truth is that even if this substance is less damaging chemically than something like alcohol, the government has already spent billions of dollars on the "drug war" and ruined hundreds of thousands of lives, that's something you can just easily turn away from. It's great in theory to say "we need to change this" but our governments not exactly great at admitting it's wrong.

If they ever do legalize marijuana then everyone should buy stock in Frito Lays, because pot heads everyone are going to celebrate their munchies with Fritos, or Cheetos, or Doritos, or pretty much anything that ends in itos.
Basically the government is bunch of morons, is their main reason. Yeah I know about this, I'm merely saying two things that are already wasting away health are fine but one that's arguably less of a health hazard isn't, as I said, morons.
Vornmusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 06:49 PM   #16
Kunoichi
Easily Bribed

Kunoichi just might be Kage someday.
Kunoichi just might be Kage someday.Kunoichi just might be Kage someday.Kunoichi just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vornmusion View Post
Basically the government is bunch of morons, is their main reason. Yeah I know about this, I'm merely saying two things that are already wasting away health are fine but one that's arguably less of a health hazard isn't, as I said, morons.
*thumps chest, throws peace sign* tru dat word.
Kunoichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 09:37 PM   #17
Nine
Herbalist

When people go to Prison for weed, its because they grew it..In Louisiana, the sentance is 25+ Years for EACH plant.

Old 06-22-2010, 07:51 AM   #18
chidoriroar
Chunin

chidoriroar is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

as far as im concernd smoking cigarretes marijuana, and alcohol should be illegal

the bitterness of this life is the sweetness of the next.

Give me rep and ill give you rep back.
dont talk about measking for rep since im not the only one doing it and theres nothing in the rules against it.
to the people who dont know, you have to include your name when giving rep and if your rep is less than one giving rep wont matter.
chidoriroar is offline   Reply With Quote