Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Leaf Village Council > Announcements

Announcements Don't forget to read up on the latest forum and rule changes here!

Old 06-16-2010, 10:40 AM   #101
The 1st Hokage
Monster Disciple

Location: Bein' naked in your closet. Don't worry, I'm not comin out.
The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: How not to use reputation.

I just wanted to post something interesting. Someone with 0 rep power, just tried to neg me and the comment was...

"ill show you to de rep me " on this thread post #1424

Then before that, I have a feeling who negged me saying...

"Spreading so I can neg Tourune and the OP again" on this thread post #4

Quote:
I looked at the post and laughed SO HARD again! I hate you, 1st Hokage.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I AM STRAIGHT FOR VEX<3

I AM ALSO GAY FOR JONESY<3

Last edited by The 1st Hokage; 06-16-2010 at 11:07 AM.
The 1st Hokage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 01:39 PM   #102
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

First one was probably Tourune, the second was Sazabi. But I wouldn't complain, these people will probably get caught on their own.
Shikamaru Nara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 08:07 AM   #103
The 1st Hokage
Monster Disciple

The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru Nara View Post
First one was probably Tourune, the second was Sazabi. But I wouldn't complain, these people will probably get caught on their own.
I actually think the second was dudemeister. I lost 2 rep points and he has 4 rep power. The math adds up.

Quote:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I AM STRAIGHT FOR VEX<3

Old 06-17-2010, 08:18 AM   #104
<Aurega?>
Because having a blank username couldn't possibly be any more annoying

<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiddenRoar View Post
Is that suppose to be directed at me?

The fact that someone had to make a thread about how people abuse the system means that there's a flaw. Hell, reputation serves no purpose other than aesthetics.

And then you have Rep swappers and those who derep because you don't agree.

Meh -SS
Rep is a better gauge for user performance than post count, but sadly, it is being abused and mostly distributed in the offtopic area for minor funny posts. The reputation system is supposed to be used at repping constructive posts and make the members who make a lot of constructive posts more visible.

The problem here is the definition of a constructive post. Some users think it's merely a funny post, while others think it needs to be a well formulated post that have been thought out and written out in a good way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 1st Hokage View Post
I just wanted to post something interesting. Someone with 0 rep power, just tried to neg me and the comment was...

"ill show you to de rep me " on this thread post #1424

Then before that, I have a feeling who negged me saying...

"Spreading so I can neg Tourune and the OP again" on this thread post #4
The "spreading" downrep is irrelevant as he uprepped you to do the same earlier as well. Note that user have been dealt with already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 1st Hokage View Post
I actually think the second was dudemeister. I lost 2 rep points and he has 4 rep power. The math adds up.
Speculations like that won't get you anywhere, it was someone with 4 rep power, but not dudemeister.
<Aurega?> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 08:46 AM   #105
The 1st Hokage
Monster Disciple

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurega View Post
Rep is a better gauge for user performance than post count, but sadly, it is being abused and mostly distributed in the offtopic area for minor funny posts. The reputation system is supposed to be used at repping constructive posts and make the members who make a lot of constructive posts more visible.

The problem here is the definition of a constructive post. Some users think it's merely a funny post, while others think it needs to be a well formulated post that have been thought out and written out in a good way.

The "spreading" downrep is irrelevant as he uprepped you to do the same earlier as well. Note that user have been dealt with already.

Speculations like that won't get you anywhere, it was someone with 4 rep power, but not dudemeister.
Thank you Aurega. Why did you have to eat the monster?

Quote:
I AM STRAIGHT FOR VEX<3

Old 06-17-2010, 10:26 PM   #106
Akira Of Shiseiten
Chunin Exam Participant

Akira Of Shiseiten is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Wow... making such a big deal out of some internet points.

Akira Of Shiseiten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 10:31 PM   #107
Cyl
Special Jonin Candidate

Cyl strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Cyl strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Cyl strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Cyl strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Cyl strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Cyl strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Cyl strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Cyl strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Cyl strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Cyl strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Cyl strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Cyl strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Cyl strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via Yahoo to Cyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira Of Shiseiten View Post
Actually, yes, it is a big deal.
What you did was forging someone's name while -repping unjustly, and that's major rep abuse.
When you forge names like that, you can cause drama and all kinds of hell, but, you only -repped 1 point so people would have known it wasn't the person that you faked to be -repping them.
Well, maybe most of them.

Cyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 10:33 PM   #108
Toma RNK
Village Counsel Sage
The Dandy Man

Toma RNK completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Awesome siggy BTW. Great manga. GUNNM ruled.

That said, see my first post.

May 18th 2009: PM Hell... never forget.
Best post ever!

Always remember

Any sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from evil.
Toma RNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 10:42 PM   #109
Akira Of Shiseiten
Chunin Exam Participant

Well minus the fake naming negs, why would people care about my other negs? Their only worth 1 point...

I would never understand why people are afraid to be taken away some of their internet points.

Old 06-17-2010, 10:43 PM   #110
Luna Mikazuki
the explorer!

Luna Mikazuki just might be Kage someday.
Luna Mikazuki just might be Kage someday.Luna Mikazuki just might be Kage someday.Luna Mikazuki just might be Kage someday.Luna Mikazuki just might be Kage someday.Luna Mikazuki just might be Kage someday.Luna Mikazuki just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Why downrep so many people though?

Luna Mikazuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 10:46 PM   #111
Toma RNK
Village Counsel Sage
The Dandy Man

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Well minus the fake naming negs, why would people care about my other negs? Their only worth 1 point...

I would never understand why people are afraid to be taken away some of their internet points.
To simplify, people are dumb.

Some people believed your misinformation. This created more drama, which I had to deal with.

I can't account for why they care, only that they did, and I had to deal with it, so knock it off, this is volunteer work for me, so I am lazy and would rather not have silly crap causing me 2-3 hours worth of real work.

May 18th 2009: PM Hell... never forget.
Best post ever!

Always remember

Any sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from evil.
Toma RNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 10:46 PM   #112
Akira Of Shiseiten
Chunin Exam Participant

Well for starters I was bored, and its only 1 frigging point...

Also do people here call it downreps? In my experience its called negs.

Old 06-17-2010, 10:47 PM   #113
Luna Mikazuki
the explorer!

Luna Mikazuki just might be Kage someday.
Luna Mikazuki just might be Kage someday.Luna Mikazuki just might be Kage someday.Luna Mikazuki just might be Kage someday.Luna Mikazuki just might be Kage someday.Luna Mikazuki just might be Kage someday.Luna Mikazuki just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Quote:

You were bored so you decided to neg them? Hmmm.

Luna Mikazuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 12:19 AM   #114
Bacon

Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

First off, I thought it was funny when I saw Aurega with maximum negative bars. xD

Second, taking away points and giving away too many points are both abuse of the rep system.

Quote:

12:11 PM So you enter the debate with full knowledge that you know nothing of worth on the subject, and then state you will not make an effort to learn. Way to be poster-boy for blight of the forum. Leave discussions of intelligence to those that have it.

Click the dratini for anime rants
Bacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 12:28 AM   #115
zerosameri

zerosameri just might be Kage someday.
zerosameri just might be Kage someday.zerosameri just might be Kage someday.zerosameri just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
First off, I thought it was funny when I saw Aurega with maximum negative bars. xD

Second, taking away points and giving away too many points are both abuse of the rep system.
How can you give a way to many points? I mean if you have 19 rep power it's not like you can give 4 points if you wanted.

zerosameri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 12:56 AM   #116
Bacon

Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

You can easily give too much away. If I gave enough rep to actually restrict my abilty to affect other peoples' rep for 24 hours too many times; then I have given away too much points. If I decided to rep toma for having sakura as his avatar or Aurega for having a comical rep bar. Then I am giving away too much. Finally, if I find something funny and think I should rep it. Shouldn't I stop to consider if the post was worth 15 points?

Heck, Jinchuuruki lost his rep temporarily for majorily offsetting the rep system by giving too much away.

Quote:

12:11 PM So you enter the debate with full knowledge that you know nothing of worth on the subject, and then state you will not make an effort to learn. Way to be poster-boy for blight of the forum. Leave discussions of intelligence to those that have it.

Click the dratini for anime rants

Last edited by Bacon; 06-18-2010 at 03:21 AM.
Bacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 04:09 AM   #117
Twilight Original
Chunin Exam Participant

Twilight Original is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:

You were bored so you negatived rep people?

Oh hey, now I'm bored and I negatived repped you. Do you like how does it feel?

Spoiler:
Quote:
Quote:
A
thank you so much, Master!!!

Oh Gaara's Girl, your the sunshine in my day.
Quote:
Your my true daddy sus could never change what happened between us

Twilight Original is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 01:41 PM   #118
zerosameri

zerosameri just might be Kage someday.
zerosameri just might be Kage someday.zerosameri just might be Kage someday.zerosameri just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
You can easily give too much away. If I gave enough rep to actually restrict my abilty to affect other peoples' rep for 24 hours too many times; then I have given away too much points. If I decided to rep toma for having sakura as his avatar or Aurega for having a comical rep bar. Then I am giving away too much. Finally, if I find something funny and think I should rep it. Shouldn't I stop to consider if the post was worth 15 points?

Heck, Jinchuuruki lost his rep temporarily for majorily offsetting the rep system by giving too much away.
Ah yea that.

zerosameri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 06:41 PM   #119
Akira Of Shiseiten
Chunin Exam Participant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Original View Post
You were bored so you negatived rep people?

Oh hey, now I'm bored and I negatived repped you. Do you like how does it feel?
Um... Its internet points, what am I suppose to do? Cry? -.-

I couldn't care less how many times I've been negged.

Old 06-21-2010, 11:09 PM   #120
Tia Halibel
Academy Graduate

Tia Halibel is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

bacon said it. I loved the max negative bars

also i agree with what he posted, no 'funny post' should be worth what 19 rep. I mean there are others like toma and bacon who actually deserve those 19 rep points, for the things they post such as here. This i simply my opinion.
Tia Halibel is offline   Reply With Quote