Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Battlegrounds Versus Debates > Narutoverse

Narutoverse For all the debates involving characters from the Naruto series.

Old 06-11-2010, 10:13 PM   #1
Toad Master
Genin

Toad Master is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Nagato vs. Kisame

Rules:
Nagato has no paths, CT is not allowed, no soul removing jutsu.

Who wins?
Toad Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 10:26 PM   #2
Nyruss
Special Jonin Candidate

Nyruss is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Nyruss is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Nyruss is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Nyruss is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Default Re: Nagato vs. Kisame

Gedo Mazo isn't a soul removing jutsu, it's a summoned statue monster thing that happens to be capable of removing souls. It is therefore free for Nagato to use at his leisure. GG Kisame.
Nyruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 10:29 PM   #3
The 1st Hokage
Monster Disciple

Location: Bein' naked in your closet. Don't worry, I'm not comin out.
The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudemeister View Post
Gedo Mazo isn't a soul removing jutsu, it's a summoned statue monster thing that happens to be capable of removing souls. It is therefore free for Nagato to use at his leisure. GG Kisame.
Dudemeister's right. Gezo Mado is basicly a summon. Kisame gets his soul removed.

Quote:
I looked at the post and laughed SO HARD again! I hate you, 1st Hokage.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I AM STRAIGHT FOR VEX<3

I AM ALSO GAY FOR JONESY<3
The 1st Hokage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 10:38 PM   #4
Toad Master
Genin

Its no a summoning, the summoning jutsu isn't used to summon him.
I stated no soul removing jutsu so even if he does come into battle its not allowed to remove souls.
Old 06-11-2010, 10:41 PM   #5
The 1st Hokage
Monster Disciple

The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toad Master View Post
Its no a summoning, the summoning jutsu isn't used to summon him.
I stated no soul removing jutsu so even if he does come into battle its not allowed to remove souls.
Summoning jutsu is a summoning jutsu. What the summon does is different.

Quote:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I AM STRAIGHT FOR VEX<3

Old 06-11-2010, 10:46 PM   #6
Toad Master
Genin

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 1st Hokage View Post
Summoning jutsu is a summoning jutsu. What the summon does is different.
the summoning jutsu is used to summon things, its not used to summon him, and that means he isn't a summoning.

He is a jutsu used to remove souls, and its not allowed.
Old 06-11-2010, 11:22 PM   #7
Nyruss
Special Jonin Candidate

Nyruss is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Nyruss is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Nyruss is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Nyruss is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Gedo Mazo is a statue that is summoned via the technique Kuchiyose: Gedō Mazō or Summoning: Demonic Statue of the Outer Path.

The fact that Gedo Mazo is capable of removing souls does not mean it is in and of itself a jutsu. No limitations were specified to bar the use of Gedo Mazo. If you don't want Gedo Mazo to be used you should have specified.

There is, of course, the option of changing the rules, but that would just be admitting defeat because you know Kisame can't win unless you change the rules to give him an advantage.
Old 06-12-2010, 02:15 AM   #8
Toad Master
Genin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudemeister View Post
Gedo Mazo is a statue that is summoned via the technique Kuchiyose: Gedō Mazō or Summoning: Demonic Statue of the Outer Path.

The fact that Gedo Mazo is capable of removing souls does not mean it is in and of itself a jutsu. No limitations were specified to bar the use of Gedo Mazo. If you don't want Gedo Mazo to be used you should have specified.

There is, of course, the option of changing the rules, but that would just be admitting defeat because you know Kisame can't win unless you change the rules to give him an advantage.
I dont need to change any rules, the rules clearly state no removing soul jutsu. That means by anything, whatsoever, no matter what is used to do it.

When I said No soul removing jutsu, it means Nagato cannot use any jutsu that would result in the removing of a soul.
Old 06-12-2010, 08:06 AM   #9
Yellow Flash
Legend of the Solstice

Yellow Flash has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Yellow Flash has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Yellow Flash has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Yellow Flash has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Yellow Flash has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Yellow Flash has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Yellow Flash has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Quote:
I dont need to change any rules, the rules clearly state no removing soul jutsu. That means by anything, whatsoever, no matter what is used to do it.

When I said No soul removing jutsu, it means Nagato cannot use any jutsu that would result in the removing of a soul.
Toad, stop. Dudemeister and Hokage are right, it's a summoning jutsu, not a soul-removal jutsu. You specifically have to summon Gedo Mazo. As DM said before, what the summon does in itself is a completely different story, whether it removes souls or not.
Yellow Flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 09:08 AM   #10
The 1st Hokage
Monster Disciple

Awards Showcase

Quote:

No, it means no direct use of soul removing jutsus, therefor Nagato uses Summoning jutsu:demonic statue of the outer path. A summoning jutsu.

Quote:
I AM STRAIGHT FOR VEX<3

Old 06-12-2010, 02:10 PM   #11
Toad Master
Genin

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 1st Hokage View Post
No, it means no direct use of soul removing jutsus, therefor Nagato uses Summoning jutsu:demonic statue of the outer path. A summoning jutsu.
It is still a soul removing jutsu, I never said it the OP that Nagato isn't allowed to soul remove, I said No soul removing jutsu, that means anything on the battle field. So even if he summons it, its not allowed to use the soul removing dragon jutsu.

Anyway fodder ninja with no speed feat was able to avoid it, Kisame wouldn't have a problem avoiding it until Nagato is force to release it because of the pain.

Kisame hides underground until Nagato releases the jutsu.
Old 06-12-2010, 02:28 PM   #12
Nyruss
Special Jonin Candidate

Gedo Mazo is a summoning jutsu, not a soul removing jutsu. Gedo Mazo removes souls without the use of any jutsus because that is an inherent feature of the summoned statue.
Old 06-13-2010, 12:54 AM   #13
Akatsuki X
Special Jonin Candidate

Akatsuki X has completed a tough C-rank mission!Akatsuki X has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Even without Gedo Mazo, dosen't nagato still have SCT?

I like videos,
I like making videos,

Me and my friends are funny,
we make funny videos.

See where I'm going?

Akatsuki X is offline   Reply With Quote