Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Cutting Edge > Debate Forum

Debate Forum Debate interesting non-Naruto topics. All forum rules apply.

Old 06-07-2010, 05:24 AM   #1
mrsticky005

mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Default Save The Whales By Eating Them?

"Save the whales"

You heard this before and you want to help out Free Willy...but how?

By eating them.

Consider.

Did you ever realize that there are a LOT of chickens out there and that a LOT of are being grilled, fried, baked, bbq-ed, you name it, into deliciousness? But yet when's the last time you've heard about chickens being endangered? That's right you haven't. And no the Wild Bumbleberry
Chicken of Salzaars does not count as evidence of being endangered as
I just made up that type of chicken. Anywho, chickens are not extinct
despite the fact that we eat a LOT of chicken. How is this possible?
Chickens are bred a lot. (Then later they are breaded. :P) This is done because there is a demand for chicken. People want to eat more chicken
and because they are willing to pay to eat this chicken, more chickens
will be bred and more chickens will be born. We may not know how to
breed whales but if people started paying top dollar for some juicy
McWhale Sandwich you can bet Whaling Companies would get the
best scientists to figure how...and figure out how in a short amount
of time. Research is expensive and people aren't so likely to pay for
research unless they could get something out of it. Having a perpetual
market for whale meat would be worthy of research. Whales would
then be bred and you'd have plenty of whales. Not all would necessarily
be eaten either. Some could stay in the wild as there would be plenty.
It's important to remember though that it's not just eating whales
but PAYING to eat whales that's important. Save a whale? Yes for lunch.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Spam once and the forum will be annoyed.
Spam twice and warnings will be deployed
Spam thrice and a infraction you will receive
Spam 8,984 times and a FAIL Agent you''ll soon be.

...At least in my case.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
mrsticky005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 07:04 AM   #2
Vornmusion
Smooth as Sandpaper
Sage of Lemonade
CB Murder Bros & Co.
Urthalre Di Wer Kepesk

Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.
Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.
Default Re: Save The Whales By Eating Them?

Whales on average take many many years before that are able to produce offspring, and when they do it's a few at most. Unlike chickens, there are few whales, mostly because of the above reasons and the result of humans.

Last edited by Vornmusion; 06-07-2010 at 05:55 PM.
Vornmusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 07:10 AM   #3
jacobjak
Special Jonin Candidate

jacobjak is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

mmmm McWhale sandwhich.......i'm in

all my waffles are stored in a secret waffle filled cave

Cardboard Boxes Unite!!!!!!!!

New god of waffles

Join the waffle gods royal hobo army!!!

Spoiler:
NO THIS IS NOT WAFFLE LAND
Spoiler:
Yes I do wish it was
Spoiler:
Nah ramen land is better
Spoiler:
Spoliers end here
Spoiler:
Now if you read the next spoiler you owe me ramen
Spoiler:
congrates you get to die
Spoiler:
.........not really
Spoiler:
MMM cake
jacobjak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 07:12 AM   #4
Salena
Apprentice Genin

Salena is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Whales and other creatures of the endangered variety do not produce offspring as much as you may think. Zoos and other wildlife refugees are trying to create more of the creature so in the wild they may thrive.

There is a big flaw in this plan though, yet many have considered it. Yes, you may produce more whales for food, but that does not mean many people will buy it, either for the taste or the animal "cruelty". There are many people out here that will go against this idea and pretty soon whales will be chopped up for no reason, reducing their numbers.

For example, tuna. On certain tuna cans, they say they will use beepers on their nets to keep sharks and dolphins away from being tangled into their nets to catch fish. More people will be willing to buy this brand of tuna because they feel their wildlife will be safer, unlike the brands that use nets and if sea creatures get caught in them, they would think "Oh well". If you are killing whales for food, do you expect people that enjoy the wildlife to buy them? And of course, you cannot explain your whole plan of killing whales on one simple container of whale meat.

This plan has been considered in the world for many animals that are going extinct and has been debated over before. PETA is most likely fighting this plan already.
Old 06-07-2010, 07:15 AM   #5
The Demon Zabuza
"Infamous"

The Demon Zabuza finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.The Demon Zabuza finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.The Demon Zabuza finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.The Demon Zabuza finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.The Demon Zabuza finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.The Demon Zabuza finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.The Demon Zabuza finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.The Demon Zabuza finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.The Demon Zabuza finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.The Demon Zabuza finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Wouldn't work for economic reasons.

Before it is financially viable to breed whales, you need people who develop a taste of the meat. With few whales currently around, people wouldn't be able to develop a taste for them, and thus raise the demand, before they were extinct. This period would also be made longer by ethical treatment, the intelligence/beauty of whales, social convention, ect.

Also, what everyone else said about their birth rates.
Wifey #1: Muffin

Wifey #2: Looney
Wifey #3: SillyTobi
Wifey #4: Gaara's Girl
Wifey #5: i_love_kakashi
Wifey #6: Kiseki
Wifey #7: XxblackxX
Wifey #8: Kiku
Wifey #9: Jonesy
Wifey #10: Kuromaki
Husband #1: Sharikage
Husband #2: Shika
Husband #3: Vex Mizuki
Husband #3056: Chidori of Death

I love them longtime. <3.

Student: Muffintop
Honey/Professor-person: Kazumi
Ma name is mistah fluffie-kins
Hikari is my daughter
MasterOfPain is also my daughter
Lady Tsunade is my ex-daughter
I'ma rogue ninja!
Sex toy: JenniferWonderland
Slave: EmoSakura
Spoiler:

Quote:
Are we aloud to post bathing suit pics?
8D
Quote:
*swoons @ TDZ's pictures*
B-)
Quote:
TDZ is so hot.. naked ;D
Damn right.
Quote:
~glomps everyone in thread~
Ah! he reveals his true self at last.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerKunoichixxx
I love you!!! And have done since I first layed my eyes on you!!!
I feel I should point out this was a dare. But it still counts.
Quote:
*Puts Chloroform onto Tissue*
TDZ is mine!
I approve of this statement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasori
First person to not know who TDZ is.
Out of 21,000 members, only one of them doesn't know me. I call that a win.
It's precisely what you're thinking. I'm just that cool.
Quote:
Holycrapstoplookingsogoodonmycomputerscreenwasnote xpectingthatkthx

*Falls off chair
Guess what I had just posted a picture of. ;D
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_kakashi
Yes, you can make my kitty purr lol
Think about synonyms for kitty, then realize what she just said. ;D
Quote:
Quit being so naughty my kitty is starting to purr lolz
See above. xDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sosuke Aizen
I WILL LOVE YOU FOREVER
Once again, a dare. But have you seen this girl? I mean, dayum.
Incest FTW.

Quote:
You know me well.

Furthermore, as much as I find you unbelievably attractive at this point, please warn me next time.

/Hides eyes from bashfulness
Apparently, I'm hot enough to cause health issues.

Quote:
Your spot in my bed is waiting.
Sorry, but I have to go... uhh.... water my fish. *runs off to Sosuke*
Quote:
~Goes to bed with you.~ ;D!
Quote:
TDZ rejected is like cookie monster saying no to oreos
Quote:
*comes in in a school girl outfit* I'M TDZ'S FANGIRL!!
Quote:
I take back everything i've said about u-sie. u-sie hot! >.<

Spoiler:

there u go! ^^(that is a good thing)
Quote:
Meh sweet TDZ! I lovers you bunches. ♥
Quote:
Rejection makes you stronger you know.

It's a wonder you aren't a bodybuilder.
Quote:
200 miles is a long way to an Englishmen, just like 200 years is a long time to an American.
Quote:
>.> Curse you and your infinite sig possibilities... >.<"
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakashi uzumaki
i want to be urs, i want that beautiful smile to be mine
Quote:
UGK: This user has yet to learn the difference between an incorrigible ladies man and a pathetic weirdo hanging out at the park is that the ladies have to be interested.

TDZ: See above, but he has figured it out.
Quote:
TDZ, Your brain scares me in ways only clowns used to. I wish I was that smart at your age.
Quote:
Quote:
Dude...I don't care what you're wearing..mud or sand always finds its way in your pants when you play with it.
Rather like me. xDD
Quote:
TDZ somehow you just became more awesome.
Quote:
TDZ is 100% British Fan-Girl ( and is some cases Boy) Bait who is filling Girl's/Boy's Hearts with enjoyment with near every word he types.
Quote:
Hollywood got Rob Pattinson.
Viz got TDZ.
Quote:
Master/wife loves you too baby. x3
Quote:
TDZ is built amazing, not wimping, amazingly awesome shiny hair, and a hot accent. I think he wins. xD
<link rel="signature" type="text/hilarious" href="/funnysig.txt" />

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaara's Girl
*Keeps raping TDZ* P:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine
TDZ I f****** love you
Quote:
isnt every thread basically about the demon zabuza
Quote:
*Humping* xD
YOU'RE MY DADDY! YOOUU'RE MY DADDY! X333
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoD
I wanna be in your siggy ._.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiseki
/noms on Nick in the bush

The Demon Zabuza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 01:41 PM   #6
dogxander
Apprentice Genin

dogxander is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

even though i think your idea of saving the wahels is good one, your idea of eating them is not so good becuase whales and chickens are not even anywhere close to being the same .and by that i dont mean chikens are any better or worse then any other living creture on these planet including humans becuase i personaly believe that all life is precious.anyway's as i was saying by useing chickens as an example i know you probably ment most living beings that humans commonly eat, such as (pigs, cows, and soo many others) but what we have to consider is that all living beings have feelings and emotions just as humans do the reson i state these is becuse some pepole realy don't think that animals are capable of thing's like that surprising i know but thay are. now by saying that i think we already have far too many problems with the way that we treat the living beings that we feed on. most places in the wrold that specialize in preparing our food im not only talking about the places where thay are killed like slaughterhouses were thay die in way's that you can't even imagine. i mean even before that places like farms and such other places that look only at these living beings a way of making a profit, but to be fair not all places treat these living, breathing, feeling creatures in such a way but the sad truth is most actually do. i would say about 85% of all places are crule to animals that we use for meat. "you would think since these living creatures are giving thier life's so that we can eat" that thay would want to treat them better, and even if thay say thay do want to and can't becuase of econmic reasons that's no excuse i think thay have hidden behind that excuse for too long now! but it seems im getting a bit of topic the thred is about whale meat, some contrey's have already begun eating whale meat. a good example is one of my favorite contrey's japan, thay are hunting whales useing scientific research as an excuse for thir actions but realy it's for the whale meat. personaly i think japan is above these type of behavor, i personaly dont agree with these "scientific method", and i hope one day thay will relize what thay are doing to the whales. why should other living beings have to die when we have more then enough to last us for generations.

Last edited by dogxander; 06-07-2010 at 03:27 PM. Reason: just felt like it
dogxander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 02:27 PM   #7
Kakuzu
Special Jonin Candidate

Kakuzu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Kakuzu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Kakuzu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Kakuzu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Kakuzu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Send a message via Skype™ to Kakuzu

Nice theory, but Whales are already endangered and only give offspring once every couple years or so. In Japan, they actually already kill whales for "scientific research" and the government allows the meat to be sold to the Japanese public so it is not put to waste. That's the agruement that the Whale Wars crew is trying to prove wrong. Japanese whalers are allowed to kill a certain number of whales and sell the meat, however many speculate that the Japanese whalers are killing more whales than they should in illegal waters. I don't think that the McWhale sandwiches would catch on anyway... I think the meat is very, very fatty. Plus, the price would be fairly expensive since the product must be shipped from other areas. I believe that our soceity would not "catch on" to eating whale meat. It's like eating bugs. People eat bugs all over the world as a protein substitute, but many people still consider to gross-out factor of the entity of being a bug so people won't eat it here in America... Don't get me wrong, I would try it though. Everything is worth trying once.

Spoiler:

Quote:
No I think how you almost blew my brain out is pretty cool! I wish I could be that intelligent and say stuff like you just did.

Quote:
wanna know what I love?How when Kakuzu comes right in the middle of our drama in here.
Kakuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 03:47 PM   #8
dogxander
Apprentice Genin

i more or less agree with you about some whales being endangered, thire slow rate of reproduction and even that some of the japanese scientfic resarch is legitimate. but what i dont agree with is how many whales the japanese are killing under the pretext that it's all for research and the good of man kind. it makes me think that the only reson thire doing all these is simply for a cheep source of meat becuse when it comes down to it you can get alot more meat from a whale then pig or a cow. i myself am studying to try and become a good scientist but it's stuff like these that makes me want reconsider my career path. i don't think the methods of the sea shepored (ship of the environmental group from whale wars) are correct in thire actions eather.the only way i can see coming to an agreement with japan and any other contrey that hunts whales is through deplomacy.

Last edited by dogxander; 06-07-2010 at 04:15 PM. Reason: make corrections
Old 06-07-2010, 03:53 PM   #9
~blackstar~
Special Jonin Candidate

~blackstar~ is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

no, we must save the eating for overpopulation =P

but really i'd rather have these whales life free die and then have a million (or more) whales be tourtured and killed for food

Your honesty is appreciated. Unfortunately for you, I don't give a damn.
~Mai
The tears and blood of the dead mixes with an endless quicksand, and further fules the war
~Gaara
remember, you have no rights, so play nice!
~DA

BFFF...F...L?: kiko
other kinda friend person: sagemaster777...77?
~blackstar~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 05:57 PM   #10
mrsticky005

mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobjak View Post
mmmm McWhale sandwhich.......i'm in

Excellent. Now where's the tartar sauce?

...At least in my case.
Old 06-07-2010, 06:37 PM   #11
Kunoichi
Easily Bribed

Kunoichi just might be Kage someday.
Kunoichi just might be Kage someday.Kunoichi just might be Kage someday.Kunoichi just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

That's not going to work. Everyone's already given you valid points, from the low population rate, to the cost of breeding them, to the lengthy process of raising calves, and the fact that most people (atleast in western societies) probably wouldn't eat them anyway. People have this thing against eating animals that can do tricks, like dolphins and whales. Think about it, how many fricken dogs to we have in north america? How many of them are homeless? Why aren't we eating them? Because they know how to sit and shake and we think they're cute.

Even if people wanted to eat more whale meat you have to realize that some species just don't breed well in captivity. Pandas don't, Cheetas don't, Whales don't... Tigers on the other hand do... just putting that one out there.

Oh and the sea shepherd, they're eco-terrorists and there's a reason why even green peace hates them.
Kunoichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 07:49 PM   #12
dogxander
Apprentice Genin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunoichi View Post
That's not going to work. Everyone's already given you valid points, from the low population rate, to the cost of breeding them, to the lengthy process of raising calves, and the fact that most people (atleast in western societies) probably wouldn't eat them anyway. People have this thing against eating animals that can do tricks, like dolphins and whales. Think about it, how many fricken dogs to we have in north america? How many of them are homeless? Why aren't we eating them? Because they know how to sit and shake and we think they're cute.

Even if people wanted to eat more whale meat you have to realize that some species just don't breed well in captivity. Pandas don't, Cheetas don't, Whales don't... Tigers on the other hand do... just putting that one out there.

Oh and the sea shepherd, they're eco-terrorists and there's a reason why even green peace hates them.
realy eat the dogs? i see the point your trying to make, its true that many animals are orverpopulated (including humans) but the solution is not to eat them just becuse of that remember all forms of life are equal in value. in most cases animals are not at fault if pepole that are suppose to be responsible for them would do a better job then it probably would not be an issue. but every one makes mistakes what we need to do is try and correct them not keep making them.i think that the sea shepherd has thire hart in the right place but their mehods are not the best, thay should leave it up to those who can actually make a diffrence.

Last edited by dogxander; 06-07-2010 at 08:00 PM. Reason: corrections
Old 06-07-2010, 09:00 PM   #13
Kunoichi
Easily Bribed

Kunoichi just might be Kage someday.Kunoichi just might be Kage someday.Kunoichi just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogxander View Post
realy eat the dogs? i see the point your trying to make, its true that many animals are orverpopulated (including humans) but the solution is not to eat them just becuse of that remember all forms of life are equal in value. in most cases animals are not at fault if pepole that are suppose to be responsible for them would do a better job then it probably would not be an issue. but every one makes mistakes what we need to do is try and correct them not keep making them.i think that the sea shepherd has thire hart in the right place but their mehods are not the best, thay should leave it up to those who can actually make a diffrence.
No no, see you're trying to tell me that your ideals and opinions are right, I do not believe that all life is equal value. I respect your right to feel that way about animals and all life in general but please understand when it comes to eating meat, or putting a value on any living creature my standards a very very different from yours.
Old 06-07-2010, 09:04 PM   #14
dogxander
Apprentice Genin

Quote:
No no, see you're trying to tell me that your ideals and opinions are right, I do not believe that all life is equal value. I respect your right to feel that way about animals and all life in general but please understand when it comes to eating meat, or putting a value on any living creature my standards a very very different from yours.
i guess your right i did not mean to puch my values on anyone,i think i just got realy into it. every one has their own opinions. i can accept that and respect it.

Last edited by dogxander; 06-07-2010 at 09:18 PM. Reason: better message
Old 06-07-2010, 09:23 PM   #15
Kunoichi
Easily Bribed

Awards Showcase

Quote:
i guess your right i did not mean to puch my values on anyone,i think i just got realy into it. every one has their own opinions. i can accept that and respect it.
You know, I apologize, what I said came out sounding harsh and arrogant on my part. Your post just sort of struck a certain nerve with me, I've had many people with similar views to yours argue with me on my view point so I immediately took what you said the wrong way even though you didn't mean it offensively. It's just part of the culture I've been raised in that my opinions might conflict with yours, but I didn't need to bite your head off for it, sorry.
Old 06-07-2010, 09:35 PM   #16
dogxander
Apprentice Genin

Quote:
You know, I apologize, what I said came out sounding harsh and arrogant on my part. Your post just sort of struck a certain nerve with me, I've had many people with similar views to yours argue with me on my view point so I immediately took what you said the wrong way even though you didn't mean it offensively. It's just part of the culture I've been raised in that my opinions might conflict with yours, but I didn't need to bite your head off for it, sorry.
no need to apologize. everyone has thire own opption, the best way to make progress is consider everyones views, that way we might be able to change the world for the better.
Old 06-07-2010, 09:45 PM   #17
Kunoichi
Easily Bribed

Awards Showcase

Quote:
no need to apologize. everyone has thire own opption, the best way to make progress is consider everyones views, that way we might be able to change the world for the better.
awww... that's a nice thought... and somehow it reminded me of captain planet.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:02 AM   #18
mrsticky005

Awards Showcase

Personally, I think this whole "saving the what not" business is trite.
Nature can and will take care of itself. People will say "humans are
just another part of nature" then why don't you believe what you say?
If people are part of nature then people causing other animals to become
extinct is a part of nature. Nature is more likely to destroy us then we
are to destroy nature. Besides man saving nature is a joke. We can't
even save ourselves from mankind. We need to fix that problem first.

...At least in my case.
Old 06-08-2010, 08:04 AM   #19
Vornmusion
Smooth as Sandpaper
Sage of Lemonade
CB Murder Bros & Co.
Urthalre Di Wer Kepesk

Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.
Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.

Way to rain on the thread man!

But yeah I agree on the last part, need to mentally evolve ourselves first.
Vornmusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 08:07 AM   #20
mrsticky005

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vornmusion View Post
Way to rain on the thread man!

But yeah I agree on the last part, need to mentally evolve ourselves first.

I get the idea of saving the earth to save man. But some people would
be willing to kill off man in order to save the earth. That makes no sense.

...At least in my case.