Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Battlegrounds Versus Debates > Narutoverse

Narutoverse For all the debates involving characters from the Naruto series.

Old 06-02-2010, 12:47 PM   #1
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Default Somebody explain how you calculate Mach Speeds.

I get confused. xD
Shikamaru Nara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 02:33 PM   #2
Phoenix Wright
Attorney at Lawl

Phoenix Wright has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Phoenix Wright has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Phoenix Wright has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Phoenix Wright has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Phoenix Wright has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Phoenix Wright has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Phoenix Wright has a spectacular chakra aura going on.
Send a message via AIM to Phoenix Wright
Default Re: Somebody explain how you calculate Mach Speeds.

If you're Mach Two then you move at like 700 Meters Per Second, just check the thread where you said Chouji was Mach 100. By the way, I lol'd.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">
Phoenix Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 03:47 PM   #3
Nyruss
Special Jonin Candidate

Nyruss is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Nyruss is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Nyruss is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Nyruss is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Mach 1 is the speed of sound, non? It therefore stands to reason that Mach 2 is twice the speed of sound. And Mach 3 three times. And so on and so forth.

Then you do something crazy like type "speed of sound" into google and voila.

speed of sound at sea level = 340.29 m / s

If you've got a calculator handy, and/or are capable of counting higher than three you multiply that number by the Mach you want.

It's not rocket science.
Nyruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 05:57 PM   #4
Toad Master
Genin

Toad Master is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudemeister View Post
Mach 1 is the speed of sound, non? It therefore stands to reason that Mach 2 is twice the speed of sound. And Mach 3 three times. And so on and so forth.

Then you do something crazy like type "speed of sound" into google and voila.

speed of sound at sea level = 340.29 m / s

If you've got a calculator handy, and/or are capable of counting higher than three you multiply that number by the Mach you want.

It's not rocket science.
your wrong it doesnt work like that.
Toad Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 06:00 PM   #5
flamey234
Special Jonin Candidate

flamey234 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.flamey234 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.flamey234 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.flamey234 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.flamey234 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.flamey234 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toad Master View Post
actually it does work like that. Mach 3 does equal 3 times the speed of sound.

Whatever happens, happens

Always expect the worst, that way, if everything goes according to plan, it will be a pleasant surprise.
power of the mind always beats the yearnings of the body
Mythbusters=explosives
explosives=Deidara
so, Mythbusters=Deidara
Scientia Potentia Est "Knowledge is Power"
flamey234 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 06:29 PM   #6
Nyruss
Special Jonin Candidate

Nyruss is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Nyruss is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Nyruss is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Nyruss is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Quote:
Mach 3

mach 3 = 1020.87 m / s

1020.87 / 3

Hurray for incredibly basic math that a third grader could work out.

I laugh in your face and would neg you for your wrongness had I not already negged you for a different reason.
Old 06-02-2010, 06:32 PM   #7
Toad Master
Genin

Mach 1 = 710 mph
Mach 2 = 1522 mph

thats over half
Old 06-02-2010, 06:35 PM   #8
Nyruss
Special Jonin Candidate

Mach 1
mach 1 = 761.20705 miles per hour

Mach 2

mach 2 = 1522.4141 miles per hour

Attempts to claim otherwise will get you reported for trolling.

Last edited by Nyruss; 06-02-2010 at 06:38 PM.
Old 06-02-2010, 06:41 PM   #9
Toad Master
Genin

Quote:
Mach 1
mach 1 = 761.20705 miles per hour

Mach 2

mach 2 = 1522.4141 miles per hour

Attempts to claim otherwise will get you reported for trolling.
the speed of sound depends on air, tem & height. Learn more before tring to give a set number.

there is no set numbers for the speed of sound.
Old 06-02-2010, 06:43 PM   #10
Nyruss
Special Jonin Candidate

In other words, you're mad because I proved you were wrong and are trying to weasle out of it because you don't want to admit that I'm right.
Old 06-02-2010, 06:46 PM   #11
deidara330
Mr. Serious

deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Quote:
Mach 3

mach 3 = 1020.87 m / s

1020.87 / 3

Hurray for incredibly basic math that a third grader could work out.

I laugh in your face and would neg you for your wrongness had I not already negged you for a different reason.
Do you have to publically state when you neg someone and when you would like to but can't? It's like me standing in a room saying loudly "I THINK THAT (So-and-so) IS AN @$$!" And he's standing right on the other side of the room.
deidara330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 06:47 PM   #12
Nyruss
Special Jonin Candidate

Yes, yes I do.
Old 06-02-2010, 06:50 PM   #13
deidara330
Mr. Serious

deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Quote:
Yes, yes I do.
I facepalm you.

Oh, you didn't counter his point, which would ordinarily mean you lose. Because not countering the points he specifically brought up would imply that you have no counter, and knowing you, you have a counter, yet simply refuse to post it.
deidara330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 06:56 PM   #14
Nyruss
Special Jonin Candidate

I don't need to counter his point because he doesn't have one. All he's doing is saying "Oh well I could be right if we changed parts of the discussion to fit my needs."
Old 06-02-2010, 07:01 PM   #15
Vatanui AKA Pride
has a farm...
WCA

Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
the speed of sound depends on air, tem & height. Learn more before tring to give a set number.

there is no set numbers for the speed of sound.
Are you telling him to try and learn how to give a set number just to say there are no set numbers right afterward?

Also, I'm pretty sure Google Calculator isn't exactly a dumbass.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Vatanui AKA Pride is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 07:04 PM   #16
Level6Ninja
Genin

Level6Ninja is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

http://naruto.viz.com/forum/showthre...highlight=mach
^mach levels

Level6Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 07:10 PM   #17
SageoftheSixPaths
NOTHING FISH?!

SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Mach Speeds work in the sense that Mach 1=Sonic Speed, aka the speed of sound. Anything higher than mach 1 is considered supersonic, and as Dudemeister said, you simply multiply the speed of sound by the increased number of levels within the Mach measurement system.

As for the speed of sound, it actually IS established as approximately 340.29 m / s at SEA LEVEL. This, accompanied by the universally accepted values for what is considered average temperature, pressure, and acceleration, leads to the accepted formula for the speed of sound equaling the aforementioned speed. Of course, modifications have to be made according to real life scenarios and knowledge about the subjects and their environment, but since manga don't really give out the air pressure at the time when Naruto is trying make out with his Sasuke poster, it's generally accepted that the normal values for the above variables stays the same.
Old 06-03-2010, 03:33 PM   #18
Akatsuki X
Special Jonin Candidate

Akatsuki X has completed a tough C-rank mission!Akatsuki X has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageoftheSixPaths View Post
Mach Speeds work in the sense that Mach 1=Sonic Speed, aka the speed of sound. Anything higher than mach 1 is considered supersonic, and as Dudemeister said, you simply multiply the speed of sound by the increased number of levels within the Mach measurement system.

As for the speed of sound, it actually IS established as approximately 340.29 m / s at SEA LEVEL. This, accompanied by the universally accepted values for what is considered average temperature, pressure, and acceleration, leads to the accepted formula for the speed of sound equaling the aforementioned speed. Of course, modifications have to be made according to real life scenarios and knowledge about the subjects and their environment, but since manga don't really give out the air pressure at the time when Naruto is trying make out with his Sasuke poster, it's generally accepted that the normal values for the above variables stays the same.
As normal, Sage gives us his argument using academic vocabulary more advanced then the normal example displayed on this forum,

and we all agree with him because it sounds smart.

I like videos,
I like making videos,

Me and my friends are funny,
we make funny videos.

See where I'm going?

Akatsuki X is offline   Reply With Quote