Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Battlegrounds Versus Debates > Narutoverse

Narutoverse For all the debates involving characters from the Naruto series.

Old 05-18-2010, 04:04 PM   #41
321zigzag1
Banned

321zigzag1 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: Gaara vs Chuunin (read the thread)

Ultimate Combatant.

Sage Naruto > Current Gaara > Naruto based on feats. And I mean if both are trying to kill each other.
321zigzag1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 04:28 PM   #42
Miles Edgeworth
Special Jonin Candidate

Miles Edgeworth is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Miles Edgeworth is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Miles Edgeworth is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Miles Edgeworth is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Miles Edgeworth is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Send a message via AIM to Miles Edgeworth Send a message via MSN to Miles Edgeworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate combatant View Post
C3 and Rasengan is not really the same, but anyway...

Why is it so hard to believe Gaara is crushed by a punch? To me it seems he never used Taijutsu anyway. Without sand even Moegi`s punch should hurt him, let alone Naruto.
So what if they're not the same? It doesn't take much more than common sense to realize the destructive power of C3 in comparison to a meager Rasengan.

Because he tanked freaking Reverse Lotus. Maybe not necessarily "tanked" but nonetheless, he came out standing.

So what if he never used taijutsu? That has nothing to do with your durability. Two very different subjects.

-_- Okay, that was one of the most ridiculous statements I've heard in a while. LOL at Moegi's punch hurting him. Yeah apparently that works despite the fact Gaara was punched NUMEROUS times by Lee and Sasuke and tanked them easily, and the fact that Gaara survived Reverse Lotus and Chidori. Now if you think Moegi's Punch > those then you are wasting your time trying to debate with me.
Miles Edgeworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 11:55 AM   #43
Ultimate combatant
Special Jonin Candidate

Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

I spent some time thinking and came to conclusion that Gaara is stronger than an ordinary Chuunin in Konoha (such as Chouji or Ino).
I also rewatched his battles and came to conlusion:

In Konoha Gaara would be a Jounin. He could even probably defeat Shizune, however he couldn`t defeat warriors such as Kakashi, Gai, Asuma, Kurenai or Konoha top tier Chuunin (and three Genin ) and other skilled fighters!!!
Ultimate combatant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 12:00 PM   #44
colorles
Banned

colorles is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
I spent some time thinking and came to conclusion that Gaara is stronger than an ordinary Chuunin in Konoha (such as Chouji or Ino).

In Konoha Gaara would be a Jounin. He could even probably defeat Shizune, however he couldn`t defeat warriors such as Kakashi, Gai, Asuma, Kurenai or Konoha top tier Chuunin (and three Genin ) and other skilled fighters!!!
how long did it take you to come to that conclusion lol. that might be the most lulzy quote ive hered over here

in Konoha Gaara would have been a Kage, and others will agree with me on this. he beats everyone in Konoha with the possible exceptions of izanagi danzo (still could not really hurt Gaara), Kakashi (Kamui is his only shot, but the sand could interfear), and SM Naruto (still could go either way depending on the terrain)
colorles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 02:13 PM   #45
Miles Edgeworth
Special Jonin Candidate

Miles Edgeworth is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Miles Edgeworth is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Miles Edgeworth is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Miles Edgeworth is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Miles Edgeworth is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Send a message via AIM to Miles Edgeworth Send a message via MSN to Miles Edgeworth

Quote:

I don't think you really had to put that much thought in to realize Gaara stomps Choji and Ino.

Shizune is fodder.

LOL at Asuma or Kurenai beating Gaara. How do you propose this happens? Gaara floats up into the air with his sand, out of Flying Swallow range and Kurenai's fodder genjutsu range. Gaara uses Sand Tsunami, GG, they can't dodge if Kimimaro couldn't.

Gaara could defeat Guy too because Guy relies on close range attacks. The only chance Guy has is with gates but that's assuming Gaara doesn't smother him in sand first.

Current Kakashi easily Kamui's Gaara but beginning of series Kakashi has no other way to even stand up against Gaara. Gaara was smothering Kimimaro with sand attacks and Kimimaro had a convenient way of getting out, Kakashi doesn't have the same ways against an improved Gaara.

Quote:
Originally Posted by colorles View Post
how long did it take you to come to that conclusion lol. that might be the most lulzy quote ive hered over here

in Konoha Gaara would have been a Kage, and others will agree with me on this. he beats everyone in Konoha with the possible exceptions of izanagi danzo (still could not really hurt Gaara), Kakashi (Kamui is his only shot, but the sand could interfear), and SM Naruto (still could go either way depending on the terrain)
Agreed.
Old 05-20-2010, 04:49 PM   #46
NagatoGod_of_Pain
Chunin Exam Proctor

NagatoGod_of_Pain has completed a tough C-rank mission!NagatoGod_of_Pain has completed a tough C-rank mission!NagatoGod_of_Pain has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Quote:

Hell, it's about time. Gaara would easily beat most of Konoha's upper combatants.

Quote:
I don't think you really had to put that much thought in to realize Gaara stomps Choji and Ino.

Shizune is fodder.

LOL at Asuma or Kurenai beating Gaara. How do you propose this happens? Gaara floats up into the air with his sand, out of Flying Swallow range and Kurenai's fodder genjutsu range. Gaara uses Sand Tsunami, GG, they can't dodge if Kimimaro couldn't.

Gaara could defeat Guy too because Guy relies on close range attacks. The only chance Guy has is with gates but that's assuming Gaara doesn't smother him in sand first.

Current Kakashi easily Kamui's Gaara but beginning of series Kakashi has no other way to even stand up against Gaara. Gaara was smothering Kimimaro with sand attacks and Kimimaro had a convenient way of getting out, Kakashi doesn't have the same ways against an improved Gaara.
Completely agree. There's no way Gaara would lose to Asuma, Kurenai, and Shizune. Guy would probably be a bit tougher. The only one's he would realistically lose to is SM Naruto, Kakashi's Kamui, and possibly Danzo and Jiraiya.
Tryin' to fix the whole world in every season
NagatoGod_of_Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 10:48 AM   #47
prasanth
Chunin

prasanth is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

gaara now seems pretty invincible is shield of sand is quick it blocked amterasu and raikage.

if it really is this fast, he is one of the greatest ninjas
prasanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 02:52 PM   #48
Naruto2921
Chunin Exam Participant

Naruto2921 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to Naruto2921

Quote:
Hmmm,...

Now, how does your definition of nearly killing opponent fit into being blasted by some massive explosives, knocked unconscious, put into some bird, have your tailed monster extracted, getting killed and even used for taunting your allies so they would separate themselves and have smaller chances to win? To me it looks like Deidara nearly killed Gaara, not the other way around. He takes the credit for beating and getting his tailed monster extracted. Indirectly, Deidara killed him.

Wait, wait, wait, wait,... Gaara is a good match for any Akatsuki? Naruto Sage mode??? Anyone???
I take it that your a moron huh. The only reason Deidara was not killed and captured Gara was due to Gara time and time again saving the village and the people in the village. In a one on one battle Gara takes Deidara bends him over his knees and smacks that azz.

Your theory does not hold any water. As stated before some people have advantages over others due to their abilities. Gara is by no means a weak charecter. I dont remember in any battle I have seen him in where he is being totaly taken apart except for the battle against Naruto.

Deidara took advantage of the surroundings and for that I give him credit, he is very smart. Though I have always though Deidara was maybe in the middle of the pack when dealing with the Akatsuki.
Old 05-22-2010, 03:00 PM   #49
Ultimate combatant
Special Jonin Candidate

Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naruto2921 View Post
I take it that your a moron huh. The only reason Deidara was not killed and captured Gara was due to Gara time and time again saving the village and the people in the village. In a one on one battle Gara takes Deidara bends him over his knees and smacks that azz.

Your theory does not hold any water. As stated before some people have advantages over others due to their abilities. Gara is by no means a weak charecter. I dont remember in any battle I have seen him in where he is being totaly taken apart except for the battle against Naruto.

Deidara took advantage of the surroundings and for that I give him credit, he is very smart. Though I have always though Deidara was maybe in the middle of the pack when dealing with the Akatsuki.
Why the sudden need to insult?

Also, what do you mean one-on-one? It was one on one. Deidara might have had hostages, but Gaara had much more sand from environment. So they both had the same environment which they both used to get advantage.
Old 05-22-2010, 03:09 PM   #50
Naruto2921
Chunin Exam Participant

Naruto2921 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to Naruto2921

Quote:
Hmmm,...

Now, how does your definition of nearly killing opponent fit into being blasted by some massive explosives, knocked unconscious, put into some bird, have your tailed monster extracted, getting killed and even used for taunting your allies so they would separate themselves and have smaller chances to win? To me it looks like Deidara nearly killed Gaara, not the other way around. He takes the credit for beating and getting his tailed monster extracted. Indirectly, Deidara killed him.

Wait, wait, wait, wait,... Gaara is a good match for any Akatsuki? Naruto Sage mode??? Anyone???
Quote:
Why the sudden need to insult?

Also, what do you mean one-on-one? It was one on one. Deidara might have had hostages, but Gaara had much more sand from environment. So they both had the same environment which they both used to get advantage.
My god you are a moron. No it was not a one on one fight when as I stated before Deidara was goign after the entire village. Gaara was doing everything he could not only to fight but also save the villagers from being killed. Being in the sand village has nothing to do with this. Sand is everywhere you go so he can always find it somewhere.
Old 05-22-2010, 03:19 PM   #51
Ultimate combatant
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
My god you are a moron. No it was not a one on one fight when as I stated before Deidara was goign after the entire village. Gaara was doing everything he could not only to fight but also save the villagers from being killed. Being in the sand village has nothing to do with this. Sand is everywhere you go so he can always find it somewhere.
Again this insulting issue. What`s the point with it? I am not a moron, neither are you, despite the fact you act more like one than me.

Being in a sand Village gave Gaara more sand immediately.
Yes, yes... Sand is everywhere. Sultans die, kingdoms fall... But the sand remains.
However, it takes time to get sand. In fight against Kimimaro Gaara needed time to get more sand.
Old 05-23-2010, 06:00 AM   #52
account 2
Banned

account 2 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

such a dumb mofo tgreaad!?! u think crappy chunins like sakura is gaara's stanadara HAHAHAH

his shield of sand is so fast it will defend any attack from anyone and he will beat half the leaf on his own with ease
account 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 07:15 PM   #53
Miles Edgeworth
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:

I agree with you except about one thing. Deidara would have destroyed Gaara if he went all out. Deidara fought Gaara seeking to capture, not kill. Deidara clearly mentioned he underestimated Gaara. If Deidara used C4, then GG, Gaara would have been annihilated.