Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Leaf Village Council > Announcements

Announcements Don't forget to read up on the latest forum and rule changes here!

Old 05-21-2010, 05:20 PM   #21
garra12345
Chunin Exam Proctor

garra12345 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: How not to use reputation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naruto_jock View Post
If you ask me, I think Admins should have the ability to know who down reps who and see if there's any profanity or if the reason for the down repping is stupid and then correct it, but that's just me.
Good idea but It would take forever to check everyone's rep and people get reped like every sec so i don't think that is possible.

--- Roy Mustang

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
garra12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 05:20 PM   #22
Maikeru D. Shinigami
Super High School Level Narcissist
Quasi-Admin

Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via AIM to Maikeru D. Shinigami Send a message via MSN to Maikeru D. Shinigami Send a message via Yahoo to Maikeru D. Shinigami

Quote:
It would be an all time job, but maybe something can be set up where if certain words were to "pop" in repping then the rep wouldn't count regardless if it were down or up...like our posts whenever we type certain words.
As you can see, the words are still censored in rep comments. But people will always find a way around it with "dots" and other wildcards.

YouTube:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">
Maikeru D. Shinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 05:23 PM   #23
naruto_jock
The Asian Sensation

naruto_jock is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.naruto_jock is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.naruto_jock is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.naruto_jock is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.naruto_jock is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsu View Post
As you can see, the words are still censored in rep comments. But people will always find a way around it with "dots" and other wildcards.
I forgot about that...good point Zetsu-san.

naruto_jock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 05:24 PM   #24
Toma RNK
Village Counsel Sage
The Dandy Man

Toma RNK completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
I forgot about that...good point Zetsu-san.
Meaning a person needs to monitor them, and then THAT person needs to be monitored for abuse. There is no easy solution.

May 18th 2009: PM Hell... never forget.
Best post ever!

Always remember

Any sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from evil.
Toma RNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 05:26 PM   #25
naruto_jock
The Asian Sensation

naruto_jock is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.naruto_jock is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.naruto_jock is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.naruto_jock is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.naruto_jock is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toma RNK View Post
Meaning a person needs to monitor them, and then THAT person needs to be monitored for abuse. There is no easy solution.
You're right once again Toma-sama...I was just thinking. XD

Old 05-21-2010, 05:27 PM   #26
Toma RNK
Village Counsel Sage
The Dandy Man

Awards Showcase

Quote:
You're right once again Toma-sama...I was just thinking. XD
I had more info than you did. Thought is good, keep doing it, and you will be better than about 30% of the world.

Best post ever!

Always remember

Old 05-21-2010, 05:30 PM   #27
naruto_jock
The Asian Sensation

Quote:
I had more info than you did. Thought is good, keep doing it, and you will be better than about 30% of the world.
What about the other 70%....O.O....XD/joke
Thx though Toma-san...

Old 05-21-2010, 05:30 PM   #28
Nick Tasogare
Special Jonin Candidate

Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nick Tasogare

If we made the world more like "The Giver" we wouldn't be having these problems.

Can Herr SRhyse and Frau Muffintop please remove my staff "powers"? The Mod Rules are a joke and everybody knows it lol I don't follow that last rule well enough, and I don't want to endanger the Communist Rule of the People's Republic of NDF. Thanks.

/Heil

Oh wait, now there's drama so I just have to watch this all blow up.
Nick Tasogare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 05:30 PM   #29
Toma RNK
Village Counsel Sage
The Dandy Man

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by |SR-hyse-Z| View Post
If we made the world more like "The Giver" we wouldn't be having these problems.
If we removed safety labels from everything, the problem would sort itself out as well.

Best post ever!

Always remember

Old 05-21-2010, 05:33 PM   #30
SageoftheSixPaths
NOTHING FISH?!

SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Quote:
I love that book! Messenger was a let down compared to Giver, though.

And as for the rep solution, there really isn't one. We just have to trust people to not abuse the system, though that obviously isn't happening all that frequently. I mean, I left my name with a down rep the other day and almost immediately received a down rep from that same person for a valid post. I'm not trying to say that all users are like that, but if I find out that it's happening...well, there's not much I can actually do. xD

I'LL TELL TOMA ON YOU! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA *wheeze* AHAHAHAHAHA!
Old 05-21-2010, 05:37 PM   #31
Zombie Uchiha
Chunin Exam Participant

Zombie Uchiha is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via AIM to Zombie Uchiha

Is there any way the Admins can read people's comment on down reping? If they could, they should get and infraction or something like that. They should get a infraction for cursing anyways.

Zombie Uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 05:39 PM   #32
Toma RNK
Village Counsel Sage
The Dandy Man

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Uchiha View Post
Is there any way the Admins can read people's comment on down reping?
If I can, you can be sure the green names can.

Quote:
If they could, they should get and infraction or something like that. They should get a infraction for cursing anyways.
I felt the red box and loss of rep powers was enough at this time. But rep comments if found CAN be infracted.

Best post ever!

Always remember

Old 05-21-2010, 05:54 PM   #33
Spleen Boy
Special Jonin Candidate

Spleen Boy has completed a tough C-rank mission!Spleen Boy has completed a tough C-rank mission!Spleen Boy has completed a tough C-rank mission!

One time someone uprepped someone pretending it was from me signing that I loved that person. It made me feel sad. They should be punished!

Spoiler:
"There are those who strive to live an exciting life. So they leave their normal worlds behind to submerge themselves in a new world.
But it only takes 3 days before that becomes their new normal."

Spleen Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 05:54 PM   #34
zerosameri

zerosameri just might be Kage someday.
zerosameri just might be Kage someday.zerosameri just might be Kage someday.zerosameri just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

He fails, all the people he pretended to be has more rep then he does, any one that can do simlpe math and has a brain know they didn't down rep them.

zerosameri is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 05:57 PM   #35
Maikeru D. Shinigami
Quasi-Admin

Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via AIM to Maikeru D. Shinigami Send a message via MSN to Maikeru D. Shinigami Send a message via Yahoo to Maikeru D. Shinigami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spleen Boy View Post
One time someone uprepped someone pretending it was from me signing that I loved that person. It made me feel sad. They should be punished!
You uprepped yourself telling yourself that you loved someone, yet didn't agree with yourself? Poor person. I agree, you should be punished.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerosameri View Post
He fails, all the people he pretended to be has more rep then he does, any one that can do simlpe math and has a brain know they didn't down rep them.
That matters if you know how many points you had beforehand.

YouTube:
src="
Old 05-21-2010, 06:00 PM   #36
zerosameri

zerosameri just might be Kage someday.
zerosameri just might be Kage someday.zerosameri just might be Kage someday.zerosameri just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsu View Post
You uprepped yourself telling yourself that you loved someone, yet didn't agree with yourself? Poor person. I agree, you should be punished.

That matters if you know how many points you had beforehand.
true. But most people can tell if they lost a point or so.

zerosameri is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 06:01 PM   #37
Nick Tasogare
Special Jonin Candidate

Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nick Tasogare

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageoftheSixPaths View Post
I love that book! Messenger was a let down compared to Giver, though.
Best series, arguably xD

The Messenger wasn't as good, but I liked how everything tied together.

Can Herr SRhyse and Frau Muffintop please remove my staff "powers"? The Mod Rules are a joke and everybody knows it lol I don't follow that last rule well enough, and I don't want to endanger the Communist Rule of the People's Republic of NDF. Thanks.

/Heil

Oh wait, now there's drama so I just have to watch this all blow up.
Nick Tasogare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 06:04 PM   #38
SageoftheSixPaths
NOTHING FISH?!

SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Quote:
Best series, arguably xD

The Messenger wasn't as good, but I liked how everything tied together.
What was that other one? Something Blue, I think. That one was pretty good. Giver was still the best. The whole thing came together in the best of ways.

EDIT: Gathering Blue. I remembered. :]
Old 05-21-2010, 06:08 PM   #39
Level6Ninja
Genin

Level6Ninja is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
They can, but monitoring all the repping would be a completely full time job.

i like this idea. i know it would be a lot of work, but if someone could monitor even just the negative reps it would help. the negative ones are the only ones causing controversy, nobody is gonna complain about someone uprepping them. or even if you had a couple people doing it in shifts. For example someone in another country for example TDZ who lives in England six hours ahead from where i am (EST). someone like that could do a shift, then later someone in america could do another shift. (i didnt pick TDZ for any particular reason, just the only person i know off the top of my head who lives in another country other than america.)

Level6Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 06:13 PM   #40
Maikeru D. Shinigami
Quasi-Admin

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageoftheSixPaths View Post
What was that other one? Something Blue, I think. That one was pretty good. Giver was still the best. The whole thing came together in the best of ways.

EDIT: Gathering Blue. I remembered. :]
All Blue. Sorry, One Piece.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Level6Ninja View Post
i like this idea. i know it would be a lot of work, but if someone could monitor even just the negative reps it would help. the negative ones are the only ones causing controversy, nobody is gonna complain about someone uprepping them. or even if you had a couple people doing it in shifts. For example someone in another country for example TDZ who lives in England six hours ahead from where i am (EST). someone like that could do a shift, then later someone in america could do another shift. (i didnt pick TDZ for any particular reason, just the only person i know off the top of my head who lives in another country other than america.)
Upreps would have to be watched too, to check for abuse.

YouTube:
src="