Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Cutting Edge > Debate Forum

Debate Forum Debate interesting non-Naruto topics. All forum rules apply.

Old 05-10-2010, 03:15 PM   #21
naruto_jock
The Asian Sensation

naruto_jock is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.naruto_jock is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.naruto_jock is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.naruto_jock is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.naruto_jock is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Default Re: Is society raising us to simply conform?

If so, then we are bound to be like this for a very Long time. Conformity is staying with the same thing, no matter how many times you change the "little" things. If the principles have changed, then we aren't in conformity.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
naruto_jock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 03:30 PM   #22
junchurikioftheleaf
Lonely Murkrow

junchurikioftheleaf finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.junchurikioftheleaf finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.junchurikioftheleaf finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.junchurikioftheleaf finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.junchurikioftheleaf finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.junchurikioftheleaf finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.junchurikioftheleaf finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.junchurikioftheleaf finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Awards Showcase

i dont care if they are or not i dont conform lol
espada #0 of the escudo arrancar
I am the wayward espada, the embodiment of madness

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
You sound Like a child.

And you're calling Jun an amateur? JUN of all people? The Jun who could possibly solo everyone? and YES,he can destroy you
for once someone gets it right
junchurikioftheleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 03:30 PM   #23
Kazumi Saitama
Lady Debater

Kazumi Saitama has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Kazumi Saitama has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Kazumi Saitama has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Kazumi Saitama has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Kazumi Saitama has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Kazumi Saitama has a spectacular chakra aura going on.
Send a message via MSN to Kazumi Saitama

I have had this discussion many times with peers around me and we contemplated, thought long and hard. And finally, the conclusion that we came to was, we conform to what society views as right and wrong. People raise their children to how their parents raised them and this cycle continues through life, never ending. We tell our children, this is right and this is wrong, but if you really think about it, what is right and wrong? What person said walking outside naked is wrong? And having children after marriage is right? These mind conceptions traveled from one generation to the next, constructing people's beliefs of what is right and what is wrong.

Kazumi Saitama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 03:32 PM   #24
SageoftheSixPaths
NOTHING FISH?!

SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazumi Saitama View Post
I have had this discussion many times with peers around me and we contemplated, thought long and hard. And finally, the conclusion that we came to was, we conform to what society views as right and wrong. People raise their children to how their parents raised them and this cycle continues through life, never ending. We tell our children, this is right and this is wrong, but if you really think about it, what is right and wrong? What person said walking outside naked is wrong? And having children after marriage is right? These mind conceptions traveled through generation after generation, constructing people's beliefs of what is right and wrong.
That's the thing I was saying earlier. Which came first, people conforming to what society dictates as right and wrong, or right and wrong dictating what we believe to be an ideal society?
Old 05-10-2010, 03:37 PM   #25
Kazumi Saitama
Lady Debater

Kazumi Saitama has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Kazumi Saitama has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Kazumi Saitama has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Kazumi Saitama has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Kazumi Saitama has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Kazumi Saitama has a spectacular chakra aura going on.
Send a message via MSN to Kazumi Saitama

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageoftheSixPaths View Post
That's the thing I was saying earlier. Which came first, people conforming to what society dictates as right and wrong, or right and wrong dictating what we believe to be an ideal society?
I would say people conforming to what society dictates as right and wrong came first and then right and wrong dictating what people believe to be an ideal society came after. People had to say what was right and wrong first to know what was right and wrong. After that, people began living their lives based off of those beliefs.

Kazumi Saitama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 04:37 PM   #26
Kuroda Taishi
Banned

Kuroda Taishi is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageoftheSixPaths View Post
They can feel free all they want. True freedom is not the same as BELIEVING you're free.

In your rational opinion, yes, this is true. However, it may seem rational to a depressed man with no job, no wife or kids, and nothing to live for to commit suicide so as not to burden society any longer. Would you say he's wrong?

I was proving a point using a real life example. It seems it went over your head. Most likely my fault, though.
And you are making up your own definition of true freedom.

Yes, because he is not acting in a rational state of mind. Rationality is following logic.

I saw the example. You didn't use it to make a point. You just gave the example.
Kuroda Taishi is offline   Reply With Quote