Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Leaf Village Council > Forum Feedback & Issues

Forum Feedback & Issues Having problems using the forums or site? Maybe you have some feedback about the site you'd like to share? Post it here.

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 06:50 PM   #201
Jiraiya Sekai
Academy Graduate

Jiraiya Sekai is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: "Make Our Posts Count Again" Petition

*signs this petition* i agree with this.
Old 05-05-2010, 06:53 PM   #202
zerosameri

zerosameri just might be Kage someday.
zerosameri just might be Kage someday.zerosameri just might be Kage someday.zerosameri just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiraiya Sekai View Post
*signs this petition* i agree with this.
You just joined so ofcorse you want all post to count again XD

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 05-05-2010, 06:54 PM   #203
Jiraiya Sekai
Academy Graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerosameri View Post
You just joined so ofcorse you want all post to count again XD
nope, i have an alt acount with over 660-ish posts.
Old 05-05-2010, 06:55 PM   #204
zerosameri

zerosameri just might be Kage someday.zerosameri just might be Kage someday.zerosameri just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiraiya Sekai View Post
nope, i have an alt acount with over 660-ish posts.
then whats the name?

Old 05-05-2010, 07:00 PM   #205
Jiraiya Sekai
Academy Graduate

Quote:
then whats the name?
now why would i tell you that
Old 05-05-2010, 08:34 PM   #206
Kenshin Mizoguchi
Was and still is...
SIR KEN!!!! <3
CB Murder Bros & Co.

Kenshin Mizoguchi is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Kenshin Mizoguchi is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Kenshin Mizoguchi is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Kenshin Mizoguchi is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Kenshin Mizoguchi is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Personally, I think that it isn't the amount of posts that you have that matter, but the quality of your posts.

Also, I just want to say that I am not trying to make myself seem like all of my posts are perfect, because they aren't.

P:<
Spoiler:

Old 05-06-2010, 06:29 PM   #207
BankaiNaruto
Chunin

BankaiNaruto is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

*signs*

Old 05-06-2010, 06:34 PM   #208
Jiraiya Sekai
Academy Graduate

I agree with Kenshin
Old 05-06-2010, 06:36 PM   #209
zerosameri

Awards Showcase

@Jiraiya Sekai: because it proves your not lieing, and that your really arn't a newbe trying to ack all high and mighty XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenshin Mizoguchi View Post
Personally, I think that it isn't the amount of posts that you have that matter, but the quality of your posts.

Also, I just want to say that I am not trying to make myself seem like all of my posts are perfect, because they aren't.
So you wouln'd care if you stay a newbe, with zero post of the reast of the time your joined to these forum's.

Old 05-06-2010, 10:10 PM   #210
Kenshin Mizoguchi
Was and still is...
SIR KEN!!!! <3
CB Murder Bros & Co.

Kenshin Mizoguchi is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Kenshin Mizoguchi is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Kenshin Mizoguchi is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Kenshin Mizoguchi is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Kenshin Mizoguchi is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Quote:
@Jiraiya Sekai: because it proves your not lieing, and that your really arn't a newbe trying to ack all high and mighty XD

So you wouln'd care if you stay a newbe, with zero post of the reast of the time your joined to these forum's.
Honestly, I wouldn't care. I wouldn't be a newbie, because I know I have some experience under my belt, but I could care less about some insignificant number that doesn't help me at all, except stating a certain "rank" that I am or have become which doesn't even have anything to do with real life.

It seems though that you care about some digits on a screen greatly.

Spoiler:

Old 05-07-2010, 12:35 AM   #211
zerosameri

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenshin Mizoguchi View Post
Honestly, I wouldn't care. I wouldn't be a newbie, because I know I have some experience under my belt, but I could care less about some insignificant number that doesn't help me at all, except stating a certain "rank" that I am or have become which doesn't even have anything to do with real life.

It seems though that you care about some digits on a screen greatly.
Either way.

I do take some pride in a fake post count that means nothing. I have a life, but I would greatly rather have 6k+ post rather than zip.

Old 05-07-2010, 06:54 AM   #212
Kenshin Mizoguchi
Was and still is...
SIR KEN!!!! <3
CB Murder Bros & Co.

Quote:
Either way.

I do take some pride in a fake post count that means nothing. I have a life, but I would greatly rather have 6k+ post rather than zip.
To each his own.

Spoiler:

Old 05-07-2010, 12:02 PM   #213
Yoichi Aeirou
Freshmen Academy Student

Yoichi Aeirou is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

i dont think it quite matters, like its been mentioned already, only a number plus making all areas count would rocket the probability of spamming
Old 05-07-2010, 12:05 PM   #214
Maikeru D. Shinigami
Super High School Level Narcissist
Quasi-Admin

Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via AIM to Maikeru D. Shinigami Send a message via MSN to Maikeru D. Shinigami Send a message via Yahoo to Maikeru D. Shinigami

As the original post says, I'd much rather the spam be in Off-Topic than the areas that this site is about.

YouTube:
src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">
Old 05-09-2010, 05:38 PM   #215
Tobi-Uchiha
Special Jonin Candidate

Tobi-Uchiha is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Signs!!!!

Old 05-10-2010, 10:10 AM   #216
SRhyse
Site Admin - Uber Kage
Viz Administrator

SRhyse just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoichi Aeirou View Post
making all areas count would rocket the probability of spamming
I don't want all areas to count, but in all fairness, the current probability of someone spamming on the site at any given moment has already proven to be 100%, so any increase would be largely conceptual.
My dog Elly FTW:

*Alot of people have been asking to help me with various things on the site, many of which involve sharing files between me and other members. Since I get asked almost every day, to do this or collaborate with me personally, use
gives you a lot more free space than normal to work with if that helps, but mainly, it's easier than me getting a thousand emails I have to download and upload with a file again to reply
. Thanks for wanting to help though!
Old 05-10-2010, 10:21 AM   #217
Maikeru D. Shinigami
Quasi-Admin

Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via AIM to Maikeru D. Shinigami Send a message via MSN to Maikeru D. Shinigami Send a message via Yahoo to Maikeru D. Shinigami

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRhyse View Post
I don't want all areas to count, but in all fairness, the current probability of someone spamming on the site at any given moment has already proven to be 100%, so any increase would be largely conceptual.
Indeed. And I'd rather see people trying to knock up their post counts in the areas where they are actually comfortable being. I know a few good users in these sections under question that would do great with a moderating position should they accept it. Right now, we got people going into the Naruto sections to say things like, "Hi" to bring up their post count. These are automatically considered spam and normally infracted upon. We could also increase the character limit should this go through. Right now it's set at 5, which would very very minimal, if not underminimal with the extra sections counting.

YouTube:
src="
Old 05-10-2010, 10:32 AM   #218
SRhyse
Site Admin - Uber Kage
Viz Administrator

Awards Showcase

The tricky part about raising the character limit is that there are instances when a 5 character response could be perfectly valid, like in poll situations (Neji), a thread like this were people 'sign' (signs), a terse retort (Nope), etc.
My dog Elly FTW:

*Alot of people have been asking to help me with various things on the site, many of which involve sharing files between me and other members. Since I get asked almost every day, to do this or collaborate with me personally, use
gives you a lot more free space than normal to work with if that helps, but mainly, it's easier than me getting a thousand emails I have to download and upload with a file again to reply
. Thanks for wanting to help though!
Old 05-10-2010, 10:33 AM   #219
Maikeru D. Shinigami
Quasi-Admin

Awards Showcase

Quote:
The tricky part about raising the character limit is that there are instances when a 5 character response could be perfectly valid, like in poll situations (Neji), a thread like this were people 'sign' (signs), a terse retort (Nope), etc.
Even then, it's not all that difficult to add onto the message.

You could say something like, "Nope. (takes down the fifteen character limit)". Or something like that.

YouTube:
src="
Old 05-10-2010, 10:35 AM   #220
Jinchiruuki

Quote:
That's where you would still raise the character limit but set a standard of context depending on the section/thread. '

So those responses would be valid and acceptable...of course they would just need to add a little bit more to meet to character limit but that's not that hard.

Last edited by Jinchiruuki; 05-10-2010 at 10:43 AM.
  Add Dice Roll To Message
Closed Thread