Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Battlegrounds Versus Debates > Battlegrounds HQ

Battlegrounds HQ The headquarters of the debating area. Introduce yourself here, get to know other Battlegrounds, and discuss the details and events of the BG.

View Poll Results: To split, or not to split the Battlegrounds?
Yes; I believe in splitting the Battlegrounds. 36 76.60%
No; the negatives outweigh the positives. 11 23.40%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-10-2009, 05:43 PM   #41
Space Cowboy Sasori
Space Ghost

Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via MSN to Space Cowboy Sasori
Default Re: Proposal to Split the Battlegrounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRhyse View Post
I like the idea of splitting the Battlegrounds if you guys do, but I also think that even if it's more of an other franchise fight, it should 'count.'

What do you guys think of The Battlegrounds being it's own category like The Ramen Shop, then having a minimum of Naruto vs Naruto, Naruto vs Other, and Other vs Other in it?

What about putting the more official user ruled and governed fights like the UNS in there as well?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toma RNK View Post
I'm not sure I see an overall "this is exactly what we want" in this thread. Someone clearly lay it all out and I will throw what political weight I have behind it.
Pretty much what Srhyse said is what most people would like.

---------------- Listening to: Biz Markie - Just a Friend via FoxyTunes

Quote:
Pat: telling it like it is.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Space Cowboy Sasori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 06:25 PM   #42
NarutoReader
Genin

NarutoReader is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

3 boards is too many. each board will have few threads and it will become less interesting and abandoned because of lack of popularity.

i support split for 2.
1. naruto characters only
2. whatever vs whatever
both will be subforums for the current battleground.

thats my opinion.
NarutoReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 09:54 PM   #43
Abigail
Genin Elite

Abigail is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

That does really sound better to be honest.
Abigail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 09:59 PM   #44
zebrakiller
Special Jonin Candidate

zebrakiller has completed a tough C-rank mission!zebrakiller has completed a tough C-rank mission!zebrakiller has completed a tough C-rank mission!

actually thinking about it, 3 boards is a lot... i realized just looking at the thread list now that there is some benefit to the spontaneity of matches that pop up...i usually dont wanna debate just naruto characters but when it comes up ur like "oh, i'll check this out"... i think the discussion at least would go down hill, might end up with a lot 2-3 post threads.

Last edited by zebrakiller; 12-11-2009 at 10:55 AM.
zebrakiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 10:15 PM   #45
Bacon

Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

awsome idea,

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:

12:11 PM So you enter the debate with full knowledge that you know nothing of worth on the subject, and then state you will not make an effort to learn. Way to be poster-boy for blight of the forum. Leave discussions of intelligence to those that have it.

Click the dratini for anime rants
Bacon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 09:43 AM   #46
I'm
Academy Graduate

I'm is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

I disagree on the grounds of less traffic. Or perhaps have a permanent link to other battleground in the top of the forum.
I'm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 01:22 PM   #47
narutoultra
Chunin Exam Proctor

narutoultra is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

We need to get it straight, do more of use want

1:Naruto vs Naruto
2:Naruto vs Other
3:Other vs Other

Or if we want it like this

2:Anything vs Anything

narutoultra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 02:03 PM   #48
ThePurpleChidori
Chunin Exam Proctor

ThePurpleChidori is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by narutoultra View Post
We need to get it straight, do more of use want

2:Naruto vs Other
3:Other vs Other

Or if we want it like this

2:Anything vs Anything
Then people would get the idea that the Anything vs. Anything would be ANYONE. As in Naruto vs. Naruto, Naruto vs. Other, AND other vs. Other.

THESE are the subforums:

Naruto Characters vs. Naruto Characters (or Naruto vs. Naruto)
Naruto vs. Other Series Characters
Other Series Characters vs. Other Series Characters

The reasons I say characters at the end, so people don't spam the forums with "Naruto vs. Naruto? Is that all we can do?" Or something, just new people. Or, you could make a line under it saying, "These are debates about characters from the Naruto series versing other characters for the Naruto series" and do stuff like that.

Oh.
Quote:
More like no more sasuke lovers.
we come when there are real humans with brains and a high IQ to argue with. oh wait sasuke lovers do not have any of those qualities.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toma RNK
I am starting to think people should have to take a basic competency test to use the internet.
ThePurpleChidori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 02:29 PM   #49
Abigail
Genin Elite

Abigail is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePurpleChidori View Post
Then people would get the idea that the Anything vs. Anything would be ANYONE. As in Naruto vs. Naruto, Naruto vs. Other, AND other vs. Other.

THESE are the subforums:

Naruto Characters vs. Naruto Characters (or Naruto vs. Naruto)
Naruto vs. Other Series Characters
Other Series Characters vs. Other Series Characters

The reasons I say characters at the end, so people don't spam the forums with "Naruto vs. Naruto? Is that all we can do?" Or something, just new people. Or, you could make a line under it saying, "These are debates about characters from the Naruto series versing other characters for the Naruto series" and do stuff like that.
Or maybe they could use something in their heads called a brain and notice that there's a Naruto vs Naruto forum and that perhaps they shouldn't put those in Anything vs Anything....

Who am I kidding, they're nowhere near that intelligent.
Abigail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 03:18 PM   #50
Phoenix Wright
Attorney at Lawl

Phoenix Wright has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Phoenix Wright has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Phoenix Wright has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Phoenix Wright has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Phoenix Wright has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Phoenix Wright has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Phoenix Wright has a spectacular chakra aura going on.
Send a message via AIM to Phoenix Wright

I agree and have agreed for quite awhile, although a bit ago if you made a thread that ended up not having to do with Naruto, it'd be moved to the "Western Comics and Animation" Thread.

It is a good idea though, I just never made a thread about it, as well as anyone else.
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">
Phoenix Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 03:55 PM   #51
Space Cowboy Sasori
Space Ghost

Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.

Awards Showcase

So, this proposal, what do people think about this nowadays? Do people still agree?

Quote:

Old 04-17-2010, 04:06 PM   #52
Yellow Flash
Legend of the Solstice

Yellow Flash has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Yellow Flash has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Yellow Flash has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Yellow Flash has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Yellow Flash has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Yellow Flash has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Yellow Flash has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasori View Post
So, this proposal, what do people think about this nowadays? Do people still agree?
I think subdividing the BG was a terrific idea but may irritate some people, although more people will be pleased with it then not.
Yellow Flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 04:09 PM   #53
Space Cowboy Sasori
Space Ghost

Awards Showcase

Just out of curiosity, why would it irritate people?

Quote:

Old 04-17-2010, 04:24 PM   #54
321zigzag1
Banned

321zigzag1 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Either we split it or just change the description of some sorts.
321zigzag1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 04:30 PM   #55
Yellow Flash
Legend of the Solstice

Yellow Flash has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Yellow Flash has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Yellow Flash has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Yellow Flash has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Yellow Flash has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Yellow Flash has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Yellow Flash has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Quote:
Just out of curiosity, why would it irritate people?
From having to go into different topics just to find every battle and be up to date with them.

I was thinking the same as zigzag, either subdivide them or don't, IMO.
Old 04-17-2010, 04:30 PM   #56
321zigzag1
Banned

Changing the name would be better now that I think about it.

It shouldn't be that hard.
Old 04-17-2010, 04:33 PM   #57
Space Cowboy Sasori
Space Ghost

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendary Yellow Flash View Post
From having to go into different topics just to find every battle and be up to date with them.

I was thinking the same as zigzag, either subdivide them or don't, IMO.
It could possibly be troublesome to some, I find it as more of an advantage personally. If they really wanna be up to date with a debate the person can always subscribe to the thread and even make a separate subscription folder to battles.

That's just my opinion though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 321zigzag1 View Post
Changing the name would be better now that I think about it.

It shouldn't be that hard.
It would be easier, that's for sure.

Quote:

Old 04-17-2010, 04:36 PM   #58
321zigzag1
Banned

Quote:
It could possibly be troublesome to some, I find it as more of an advantage personally. If they really wanna be up to date with a debate the person can always subscribe to the thread and even make a separate subscription folder to battles.

Mr. Psycho, you are correct however I realize that this forum is still young and probably not big enough for such things? I don't know I am not sure.

Yes it would be much easier.
Old 04-17-2010, 04:38 PM   #59
Space Cowboy Sasori
Space Ghost

Awards Showcase

I didn't think about the young part, and your probably right about the activity factor as well at this point. Mr. Psycho? Where'd the "o" come from.

Yeah, we should probably do that for now.

Quote:

Old 04-17-2010, 04:42 PM   #60
Yellow Flash
Legend of the Solstice

Quote:

That's just my opinion though.

Exactly, only troublesome for some. I too take it as an advantage but for members with less intelligence as some of us' sake, we could just update the description.

Quote:
I didn't think about the young part, and your probably right about the activity factor as well at this point. Mr. Psycho? Where'd the "o" come from.

Yeah, we should probably do that for now.
I think this wood be a good idea.